As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Giant Bomb] was a website about video games

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    As someone who tries every new energy drink that shows up, the greater majority of energy drinks do not even bother producing non-sugar free varieties at this point

Unless they are somewhat older, your Red Bulls, Monsters, Rockstars, etc

I think generally speaking the sugar free versions just started selling better to the extent that new entries into the market focus on that

• GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    Just gonna jump in and say it’s actually shitty to talk about someone’s diet, and potentially triggering to folks with eating disorders and other food-related trauma.

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I also thought that even regardless of diet, diabetes fucks you up, especially the type that Jason has? Like I thought that with his condition it's more a matter of when, not if.

• GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    Unfortunately, much of the common knowledge about diet is wrapped in so much fat phobia and misogyny it’s totally untrustworthy.

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Dude needs to get his diet in check.
    You just can't have Type 1 diabetes and consume endless energy drinks and fatty, processed foods - of which Jason seems to love.

It's absolutely none of my business but I seriously worry about the dude.

I'm sure Jason is perfectly aware of what he can and can not eat. And also that none of us are machines and can stick to a perfect diet all the time.

And lemme tell you from personal experience, fatty and processed have absolutely nothing to do with how I have to manage my diet wrt my diabetes.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    Dude needs to get his diet in check.
    You just can't have Type 1 diabetes and consume endless energy drinks and fatty, processed foods - of which Jason seems to love.

It's absolutely none of my business but I seriously worry about the dude.

I'm sure Jason is perfectly aware of what he can and can not eat. And also that none of us are machines and can stick to a perfect diet all the time.

And lemme tell you from personal experience, fatty and processed have absolutely nothing to do with how I have to manage my diet wrt my diabetes.

He's specifically spoken on stream about how energy drinks and trans-fats were the biggest problem foods for him based on the diet his doctors wanted him to switch to. He was trying diet energy drinks for a while but they didn't really do it for him.

I get it too. Trying to stick to a strict diet is incredibly tough. I just want the guy to be ok.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I do love to see Tangy

• el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    That little ball of fluff is so adorable, it's insane

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Posted without context:

Edit: I guess the quote tweet gives all the context you need.

captaink on
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Tangyyyyyy

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    The Voice Mail Dumptruck is getting it's own podcast.

Also Ben's run on the Bombcast is finishing.

Diarmuid on
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Wait the NFC reader can read dog chips as amibos too? I thought the data on them would be a little more complex than that, huh

Or did he stick duck hunt nfc chips on their collars? That seems way more likely now that I think about it :P

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Wait the NFC reader can read dog chips as amibos too? I thought the data on them would be a little more complex than that, huh

I just figured Dan got some custom collars with Amiibo chips in them.

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    I just can't believe Dan would run a dog fighting stream, it's terrible

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    it's okay, they're just play fighting

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    This is NOT cute and NOT funny, dogs only dash-cancel like this when they're SCARED

• pookapooka Registered User regular
    Callers are Gerstmann, then Jan?

...I have not watched any new content since... at least just after the Nextlander crew left. >_> actually, I think the only proper GB thing I've watched from this year was Mahjong Mornings. Oh, I take that back, I put on the first Bak 2 School.

I did watch a bunch of 6 Crazy Frights and Playdates/Extra Lifes of those games for spooky season. I love Vinny and Abby's dynamic.

Seems I was mostly watching GBeast for new stuff, with my main interaction being archival viewing; this tracks with me watching more Nextlander than Giant Bomb. I haven't got a sense of any of the new people, nor real motivation to amend that from the show blurbs. Of the old crew remaining, Jeff and maybe Jan are the ones I enjoy solo. (And my tastes don't often align with Jan's.) I do not dig on Bakalar; like a pebble in a shoe, he's unpleasant but fairly harmless.

But another $35-50 bucks to folks who have made tons of videos I still enjoy (and can use their storage to stream anywhere), and might yet create more things I like? A good investment.

lfchwLd.jpg
    pooka wrote: »
    Callers are Gerstmann, then Jan?

...I have not watched any new content since... at least just after the Nextlander crew left. >_> actually, I think the only proper GB thing I've watched from this year was Mahjong Mornings. Oh, I take that back, I put on the first Bak 2 School.

I did watch a bunch of 6 Crazy Frights and Playdates/Extra Lifes of those games for spooky season. I love Vinny and Abby's dynamic.

Seems I was mostly watching GBeast for new stuff, with my main interaction being archival viewing; this tracks with me watching more Nextlander than Giant Bomb. I haven't got a sense of any of the new people, nor real motivation to amend that from the show blurbs. Of the old crew remaining, Jeff and maybe Jan are the ones I enjoy solo. (And my tastes don't often align with Jan's.) I do not dig on Bakalar; like a pebble in a shoe, he's unpleasant but fairly harmless.

But another $35-50 bucks to folks who have made tons of videos I still enjoy (and can use their storage to stream anywhere), and might yet create more things I like? A good investment.

I'm down to the podcast and Grubbsnax.
    I had to check out on Bak 2 School and nothing else really has really has my interest, aside from stuff Danny was making and then wasn't. I'm like two months behind on UPF, even after keeping up with it for years.

I'll probably check out that Voicemail Dumptruck podcast that just hit, though.

• SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Jess was a very good hire.

• cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    I popped in to them playing halo infinite today, and god damn, jason looked rough, like he looked like someone had hit him in the face? one eye seemed to be permanently closed or something

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2021

Did they do it?

Did they make a show where two cool funny people play a video game again?

Edit: tweet is yesterday, this stream is today!

rhylith on
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    I am souring on Jeff Bakalar at an alarming rate.

Also, while I'm sure this can't be entirely the case, I feel like all of the discussions on the bombcast lately are just a bunch of downer discussions where nobody seems to be having any fun. I greatly look forward to hearing the episode with Jess on it in hopes she can drive some degree of enthusiasm.

I dunno, they seemed pretty up on games like Deathloop, Forza 5 and Halo Infinite.

Problem is the industry is an open cesspool at this point in time, so the news just a big sack of dourness of Blockchain bullshit and abusive companies.

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    yeah it's kind of hard to talk about game news and not have it turn sour pretty quick these days, unfortunately

the alternative is to strictly talk about games and ignore everything else about the industry, which I wouldn't be super keen on either

I will never not watch Void Burger Silent Hill content

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    i don't watch much GB content these days and mostly still have my sub out of inertia, but this is exactly the sort of thing that makes me glad i didn't cancel it yet

uc3ufTB.png
    This Voicemail Dumptruck is going fucking great.

Oof, not prepared for the kids in the hall to be 60.

edited November 2021
    I started the "Brad plays RE7" series from Nextlander, and there's a bunch of stuff happening that I do not remember at all from the demo. I've apparently missed a whooole lot

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• never dienever die Registered User regular
    They updated the demo a couple of times in the way to release as teasers for people.

never die wrote: »
    They updated the demo a couple of times in the way to release as teasers for people.

Ooohhh, that explains it, I played it when it came out and was done with it

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I feel like the demo was always a bit different from the first bit of the game too, and possibly turns up in one of the video tapes later on.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Voice mail dump truck got me self conscious because I don't know how to use chopsticks