As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Epic 7] Eda and Celine banners. Valentines rerun.

• TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    ML Celine looks like a truly disturbing savior to bruiser meta.

No real deep thoughts about to collab characters. Shuna looks fine for a free unit.

Milim has a niche, and that is the absolute annihilation of every single Guiding Light Landy off of the face of the earth. The real holy shit though is her artifact opens up the possibility of BRUISER COUNTER MAGES, which might get fuckin nutty.

Rimiru is definitely a bruiser with an interesting S3, no idea if he has a niche though.

Lastly, this was OBVIOUSLY the intended original collab, and while some might think that’s a diss, it’s exactly the opposite.

The fact that they were able to get the Re:Zero units done so quickly with good kits is quite frankly incredible, considering their normal unit development time, and kudos to Smilegate for working it out and giving it to us immediately instead of just stashing this collab for a year.

• TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Okay I put it in the first line but holy shit ML Celine.

Like holy hell.

Holy goddamn shit.

Imagine a max health ML Celine BAITING STRAZE.

Oh, sorry guys, I know you blew your wad to strip and kill my team but lemme rez everyone with IMMORTALITY that’s not a problem right?

AND SHE CAN JUST USE R AND L AND DUST DEVIL.

• Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    I wouldnt agree that this was their first collab. I think whatever IP the first collab was we will not get. Slime, like RE Zero, has done collabs with everyone. I would be more inclined to believe that after the first one fell through they asked both of these IPs to do a collab and they both said yes and so they just did both.

Jubal77 on
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    Milim is pretty nuts. Her S1 gives her atk buff and self heals a little. Her S2 gives her innate Oath Key and 20% evade and removes stealth from the match. Her S3 is a ST nuke with extinction and grants evasion (so 70% evasion while up). She gets 1 focus per S1 and 2 per S3, and when she has 5, at the end of her turn, kicks off an AoE attack that also removes 10 souls.

She seems to want to be built like Rem, tanky on counter. Her artifact combined with counter set would give her 51% chance to counter. Or you could use any of the great mage arti's or Unity for 40% hit chance. We'll have to see how her modifiers are.

Rimuru is a bit more specialized. He's sort of a 5* version of Rin. He's basically a counter to Maid. He can copy her Revive and Atk buff and hit them with defense break without elemental disadvantage. He's sort of anti-turtle comp unit, he could copy LRKrau's Immunity, or Charlotte's self atk/def buff.

Trajan45 on
    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
    edited October 2021
    He should also be able to copy evasion. It said anything that is dispellable.

Jubal77 on
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    I wouldnt agree that this was their first collab. I think whatever IP the first collab was we will not get. Slime, like RE Zero, has done collabs with everyone. I would be more inclined to believe that after the first one fell through they asked both of these IPs to do a collab and they both said yes and so they just did both.

Slime's new gacha launches tomorrow as well, so that's probably the timing.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    This event really is adorable.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Got a Rimiru in a little over 40 pulls so that was nice. I'll buy the artifact with powder. Event seems way more substantial than ReZero.

• Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    Rimuru is absolutely disgusting. I have not seen a unit be so broken on release. He’s also a blast to use. I’m very thankful he doesn’t have a ton of RNG baked into his kit, but I guess Milim does so we will have to see what happens in a week when she is released.

Milim looks like a direct "fuck you" to guiding light Landy which I appreciate. Also great against Arby and Violet.

And Rimuru looks great, so I'm glad I only had to do a single ten pull to get him since that means I'll be able to get both!

The other buffs were great as well. ML Kawerik is amazing. His -1 to debuffs is crazy. Eda is nuts. Already running into counter bruiser bbks which are not fun.

I completely forgot about the buffs going in until this morning when I fought my NPC fight and Ran killed everyone but bbk. I was like "wait, what the fuck?" Took a minute to sink in, and I immediately went back to the character list to gaze lovingly at Eda and Kawerik.

Game got payback on me for pulling Rimuru in a single pull. Full pity for Milim. At least I got an artifact on the way.

Also I'm finally working through episode 3.

Mort is a real bastard. I gotta really think about how to beat him because he's just obnoxious.

Yeah a couple of the bosses in Episode 3 are no joke.

I got 1 Milim with 30 pulls but I really wanted her artifact and I don't have any powder. So I did another round, all the way to full pity with only Knowledge Seed as the arti pulled. Now I'm low on sky stones again, so we'll see what powder I can get here in the next 2 weeks, since I want to save for Laika and possible other story units.

edited November 2021
    She seems underwhelming. She is not going to do the dmg of ML Lulu to extinct so have problems with degen arbys and the like. And so she just busts people out of stealth and provides support dmg seems to be her thing. But I guess that is rather strong in a guiding light meta but just so. Rimuru is definitely the more op of the 3 heh.

Jubal77 on
  • ZaylenzZaylenz Registered User regular
    I finally got Rimuru with a full pity. I did manage to get his artifact too at least. I doubt I'll have enough resources for Milim unless I get very lucky. This is karma getting me back for getting the Re:Zero characters so easily.

Ive seen some make Milim work well but the gearing requirements and mola investments in it make it a choice. She can bust stealthed landy really well but its almost always a 1 for 1 trade as to get dmg to do it means she has like 9k hp in most instances. And the gear ive seen on these Milims is pretty damn nuts heh. Rimuru is pretty amazing and less gear intensive.

She's still limited, so I wanted a copy in case she gets buffed. I really wanted her Artifact but other than Cerise's banner where I pulled 4 pre-buff Guiding Lights, my luck with artifacts is pretty bad.

Live stream was pretty good! This patch is bringing:
    Epic Pass with Vildred skin
    Episode 4 chapter 1 with the new hero. Who also has a specialty change and stuff that unlocks as we go along the story. She looks fun.
    Pyllis specialty change, which is further burying poor Violet.

Chest code is epicsevenxr.

I'm ok with Violet counters. I ran up to RTA Masters with him basically destroying everyone haha. Glad to see some more innate hit chance folks like SC Wanda.

Episode 4 looks fun. The new hero looks like a good PvE hero. I think folks are going to be disappointed here with Zanhak. Seems everyone thinks he's ML Kayron, but he's coming 11/25 which doesn't fit in the ML schedule. He just looks similar it seems.

edited November 2021
    https://page.onstove.com/epicseven/global/view/7947711

Those are the full notes if anyone wants to review.

Video preview of ep 4.
    https://youtu.be/sH7eIJhb-xw

There is a bunch more in the patch tomorrow. ML Celine. Skystone double buy event from the skystone shop. A buff to the SC pack. Some mods to filtering mod materials. Some new emotes. And a bunch of bug fixes.

Holy SC Phyllis may just be the best SC there is yet. That kit is nuts.

Jubal77 on
    I'm interested to see where they'll go with the 4 elemental sword concept. The side story made it seem each was "alive" in a way. But seems a bit smaller in scope than the world ending stories in previous chapters, which could be a nice change.

The Merc skin is tied to ordering the artbook, which seems to be sold out already.

Yeah I saw that. They only made like 250 of the artbook heh.

They said the artbook would be available on Amazon at some point as well.

Got Celine from my hero ticket from logins which I took as a sign. Pitied ML Celine. She's so pretty!

Also finished Pyllis' SC. Nice and quick one which I appreciate. And she's real good.

edited November 2021
    What area do you run for the kill quest? The area the Go button drops you in is a 3 per run.

Jubal77 on
    What area do you run for the kill quest? The area the Go button drops you in is a 3 per run.

9-8 has like 5 per run.

edited November 2021
    She seems very fun. Have my sc pyllis in an interim set with 2k armor, 16k hp and like 100 eff res and 170 speed. With Noble Oath and she is a very good light bait heh.

Also I just did a galaxy from the epic pass and expidition golds and out pops OP Sig. But with the collabs etc heh... gonna take a bit to get her in true OP form.

Jubal77 on
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Did my monthly Galaxy and I got cancer, otherwise known as Light Angelica

edited November 2021
    I just threw OP sig in a dmg set I had laying around and even at 50 she is eating faces. I am aux lotsing her right now as I dont really have the speed and dmg to put her up there without stripping aux lots and/or Ran which I dont want to do right now. And at just the -1 cd too as molas and not having them from all the new heroes heh.

Oh if you dont know Tywin or Roanna. Tywin is a skip unless you want for pokedex. Roanna on the other hand is a very much game changing unit if you are early game and even into end game. You will get 75 hp sets working through the free loot stuff in the game. You throw triple HP set on her and her arti or your best healing boost arti and you win all the 11 hunts. She can tank all the 11 hunts. And is used in the 13 caides hunt which while is an end game hunt is still something to look for. My Roanna is still in one of these sets and still does work in static pvp and hunts.

Jubal77 on
    She's one of my most used units right now. With Rem, Violet, Belian, and other counter units in the meta, she does work. My counter set is all purple gear with 2 of the free 75 hp set pieces and she's fine. +15 Celestine for the Arti since AoL and other debuffers are everywhere and that way she's still healing on counter.

Man this last GW was rough. Early season GW and all heh. we were in top 200 and lost by 700 so it was close ish. But ran into a well geared Senya. And she just ate my team alive. I used my straze to kill the FCC on the bottom and I regret it heh. She was with an arby and a... cant remember as they both died quick. But she 1v3d my whole team heh.

After all the grinding in Arena lately, I'm 100% convinced that RNG is boosted for the defense in GW when comparing the proc chances in the 2 modes.

Lol yeah... well also watching streamers or youtubers. Especially YD heh.

Man this last GW was rough. Early season GW and all heh. we were in top 200 and lost by 700 so it was close ish. But ran into a well geared Senya. And she just ate my team alive. I used my straze to kill the FCC on the bottom and I regret it heh. She was with an arby and a... cant remember as they both died quick. But she 1v3d my whole team heh.

To be fair, the gw before was against a bunch of level 25-35 accounts. I feel more bad for them than for us.

Zahhak is here. And he's pretty fucking awesome. Relatively easy to build, flashy, and just a good time.

Poor Violet.

He works great against krau and other hp scale heroes too.

• ZaylenzZaylenz Registered User regular
    I've had some damn good luck in summoning the past few days. First I got Angel of Light Angelica from a Moonlight Summon. The next day I managed to get Flan from a single 10-pull, who I didn't have before. Then today I got Zahhak after 14 pulls.
    I know I'll be cursing my luck later, but for now I'm pretty happy.

While Zahhak is easy to gear he is only really useful against the mid to glass canon violets without investing molas past -1 and higher than average gear. I have him at 300 crit dmg and 3.4k attack and he couldnt down one of the chunky violets. Without the last two s3 upgrades. Would have been close though even with those and the attack buff I had on him too.