As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NFL] Thread: Denver Gets That Tall Pocket Passer They've Been Missing

• GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Not to worry, Kyle Shanahan has never seen a lead he won't squander.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    USAA burning that marketing money.

• TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    9ers showing the rams whats what

Fire Kyle into the sun. Hire Eric Beinamy from KC to be the next Niners coach.

Because Kyle will run Trey into the ground.

• CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Good lord this ESPN booth:

- Stafford's the best in the NFL at looking off defenders
    - nobody thinks Kittle can block
    - analytics say you shouldn't go for it on 4th down

I know they feel like they gotta fill the air time but come on

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Carpy wrote: »
    Good lord this ESPN booth:
    - nobody thinks Kittle can block

?Que? Have they seen the 9ers' run game the last 3 years? Kittle's pancaking in the run scheme is the place he most clearly outdoes the other elite pass threat TE's.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    What in the

Dude has a free lane to the endzone but instead he decides to run past the line of scrimmage and then run in a circle and then throw nan illegal forward pass

I just turned this game on and it’s already the worst thing I’ve seen all week

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    Stafford is just like 30-40% lionized so we'll have to see if he can work that out of his system on a real team

Psn:wazukki
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    RedTide wrote: »
    Goff would be out of the league already if the rest of the team and coaches hadn't made the Rams into a winner.

Ditto Wentz if Foles hadn't dragged the Eagles to a Super Bowl win

Wentz is a QB that played on championship teams with offensive lines and running backs capable of steamrolling almost anything they faced and he's big enough that he could get out of virtually anything that made it past them.

He hasn't had that in the NFL (for obvious reasons) and he's never really learned to adjust his thinking to "My o-line isn't going to be fantastic and I'm not actually that big".

He's a good QB but he's not one of the greats. He's pretty firmly in the territory of "With a great o-line and good backs he'd look like a fantastic QB"

It's just that doesn't mean a whole lot because good for you dude, that's pretty much any QB good enough to play in the NFL.

• Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    wazilla wrote: »
    Stafford is just like 30-40% lionized so we'll have to see if he can work that out of his system on a real team

He's just be beat to hell and back in his career and it doesn't surprise me if he's adopted a Brady like attitude to getting hit. 5 years ago, he would have for sure run that in and taken the hit. But at 7-2 and down 3 scores in the 4th, I'm sure he just didn't want to get hit.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »

He's just be beat to hell and back in his career and it doesn't surprise me if he's adopted a Brady like attitude to getting hit. 5 years ago, he would have for sure run that in and taken the hit. But at 7-2 and down 3 scores in the 4th, I'm sure he just didn't want to get hit.

That doesn’t fit with all the “Stafford plays through injury in meaningless game” stories that got fed to people in SE Michigan over the years.

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular

That doesn’t fit with all the “Stafford plays through injury in meaningless game” stories that got fed to people in SE Michigan over the years.

Well, he did a lot of that and it got him nowhere, so...

• mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Didn't Stafford break his back?

Gonna go ahead and let him shy away from contact once in a while

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    admanb wrote: »
    I think Wentz is far closer to league-average than Goff.

Yeah but Wentz has that special panic gift

It's like someone uploaded a program containing a single play from Jameis' playoff game against Oregon

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular

Those weren’t meaningless games, they were Lions games in Septemb…….oh yeah, those were meaningless games.

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Several active QBs have had prior seasons ended early by injuries trying to rage tackle defenders that picked them off, it’s dumb to get on QBs for this

• ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    I’m now convinced that God’s favourite hobby is trolling the Falcons.

News article about the eclipse: https://weather.com/en-IN/india/space/news/2021-11-16-longest-partial-lunar-eclipse-in-580-years

At 12.48 pm, the Moon will reach the umbra or the darker section of the shadow. It will then transition into the deep shadow for 3 hours, 28 minutes and 24 seconds until it exits the umbra at 4.17 pm. At 5 pm, the eclipse will come to an end. As this happens during the daytime for India, most parts of the country will not be able to catch it.

Shadowhope on
    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • MorganVMorganV Registered User regular

"EXCLUSIVE: Bucs receiver Antonio Brown obtained a fake COVID-19 vaccination card to avoid NFL protocols, according to his former live-in chef."
    - Tampa Bay Times is a Florida newspaper.

Rodgers got a lot of shit, and rightly so, but at least the League and his team heirarchy knew the deal.

This seems like a much bigger, and much worse story, especially given Brown's issues with things in the past.

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Knew it was only a matter of time before someone got outed for doing that.

Is AB trying to see how many crimes he can commit and still be in the league?

~ Buckaroo Banzai
    Knew it was only a matter of time before someone got outed for doing that.

Is AB trying to see how many crimes he can commit and still be in the league?

Pokecrimes. Gotta commit them all!

Also, apparently there's another domestic violence issue from a former player.

https://nypost.com/2021/11/18/former-nfl-running-back-zac-stacy-accused-of-savagely-beating-his-ex-girlfriend/
    Warning, some of the pictures in the article could be triggering.

Zac Stacy was with the Jets for a half season, 6 years ago, and the Rams for two seasons prior, but as they often say, domestic violence (especially as brutal as this is reported to be) doesn't start from nowhere. Almost certainly there were signs while he was still active.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Its ok Adam Schefter will be along to say she was breaking into the house and this was self defense.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Trigger warning for anyone who stumbles across the video like I did. It's brutal and he's the lowest form of shit for what he did.

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
    Mulletude wrote: »
    Trigger warning for anyone who stumbles across the video like I did. It's brutal and he's the lowest form of shit for what he did.

On Reddit, I saw plenty of people saying “don’t watch the video, it’s every bit as bad as they say and worse.”

I took their advice and didn’t watch.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
    "Mac Jones is the 5th taken QB in the draft, and has a win record greater than all others combined. What separates Mac Jones from them? It's his work ethic, how he approaches the game."

Yup. Sure. Got nothing to do with the fact that the other four include the Jets, Bears and Jags being abominable franchises, from roster to coach to front office. Whereas the Patriots have the best coach in the game, stability in the front office, and a talent for getting the best out of players that others don't.

The only outlier is San Francisco, and Lance has only really played a game and a half.

But sure, it's about the QB, and nothing to do with the rest of the franchise. You betcha.

You switch any of those QB's into NE, they're going to succeed. You put Mac Jones on the Jets, Bears or Jags, and he fares no better than the current players at that position.

Shadowhope wrote: »

On Reddit, I saw plenty of people saying “don’t watch the video, it’s every bit as bad as they say and worse.”

I just saw like five seconds of it, and yeah the advice is correct.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    I did like the Paul Rudd pre-show.

Some jokes about the Falcons, and Matty Ice.

Paraphrasing - "New England fans, you won six Superbowls. You got nothing to complain about. Shut up."

• marajimaraji Registered User regular
    MorganV wrote: »
    "Mac Jones is the 5th taken QB in the draft, and has a win record greater than all others combined. What separates Mac Jones from them? It's his work ethic, how he approaches the game."

Yup. Sure. Got nothing to do with the fact that the other four include the Jets, Bears and Jags being abominable franchises, from roster to coach to front office. Whereas the Patriots have the best coach in the game, stability in the front office, and a talent for getting the best out of players that others don't.

The only outlier is San Francisco, and Lance has only really played a game and a half.

But sure, it's about the QB, and nothing to do with the rest of the franchise. You betcha.

You switch any of those QB's into NE, they're going to succeed. You put Mac Jones on the Jets, Bears or Jags, and he fares no better than the current players at that position.

True, but it does look like Jones is doing his part as well. Like elevating him over the rest of the draft class is dumb, but so is saying he’d be lost anywhere* else.

* - offer not valid in New Jersey, Jacksonville, Houston, Washington, and Detroit

• MarathonMarathon Registered User regular

You made the right call. I watched it and it’s not anything people need to see.

maraji wrote: »

True, but it does look like Jones is doing his part as well. Like elevating him over the rest of the draft class is dumb, but so is saying he’d be lost anywhere* else.

* - offer not valid in New Jersey, Jacksonville, Houston, Washington, and Detroit

I don't think he does any better than Fields in Chicago either, which was my point. It's clear Belicheck knows what the fuck he's doing, which infuriates me.

And if the Bills let the Pats take the Division, I'm never going to forgive them. One down fucking year? That's it? No. Fuck you, if you allow that to happen, Buffalo.

Marathon wrote: »

You made the right call. I watched it and it’s not anything people need to see.

A jury one day, that'll be it.

pleasepaypreacher.net

Paraphrasing - "New England fans, you won six Superbowls. You got nothing to complain about. Shut up."

Spoken like a true Chiefs fan that was as pissed as I was when Dee Ford lined up offsides.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • GyralGyral Registered User regular

Spoken like a true Chiefs fan that was as pissed as I was when Dee Ford lined up offsides.

As a Niners fan, let me say that at least he bothered to dress up. (Yes, I'm irrationally perturbed he's made a ton of money to be perpetually injured.)

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
    Gyral wrote: »

As a Niners fan, let me say that at least he bothered to dress up. (Yes, I'm irrationally perturbed he's made a ton of money to be perpetually injured.)

I also feel bad for you, he was a standout community guy in the area here (especially for a guy on his rookie deal) and with him performing at his contract year level and then adding Bosa, that front would put fear in anyone. Hopefully he's at least doing good in the Bay Area off the field and if he ever gets back to 100% can be Pro Bowl calibur for the 9ers.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
    And that's it for me with this shit.

3rd and less than 1, Ryan sacked, 4th and 14 for a 45yd FG. FG is good. Nope, Falcons penalty, rekick for a 50yd FG, wide left.

If it was Falcons up 10, I wouldn't be confident. But with the Pats up 10, and the Falcons doing that kind of shit, I'm just not seeing how this can be a competitive, or even just interesting game.

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    So there's like a real chance that, thanks to the Lions/Steelers tie, we could get either or both of the following:

1 - the first 0.500 team of the 17 (an ODD number) game season. This would be the first time it's happened since 1946 when a tie happened between Washington ... and the Steelers, who both went 5-5-1

2 - the record for lowest win percentage above zero.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Ok Geno Smith not so bad as a backup after seeing Rosen and Franken back to back INT

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Week 11 maps

Nothing to note other than Chicago decided to yeet out of the Green Bay/Minnesota game in favour of New Orleans/Philadelphia.

Also, too, this starts a three week national Dallas run for all you fans! Which includes the set-your-watch-to-it consecutive Thursday games. After that, just a Sunday game vs Team after Christmas unless they're flexed out somewhere. But, currently no GOTW games on Sunday for the rest of the year.

Oh, and unvaxxed Flacco makes his NYJ return against Miami. But since he doesn't want to be a distraction, nobody will be able to see it.

• PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    you can't script football this bad
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51h-UcY8W1M

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Yeah, thats my Falcons right there :D

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO

Goddamnit why do the Bills have to be so godamn likable.

• A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Your quarterback could never violate copyright law.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan