As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pondcasts Thread [Podcats Thread]

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    i was not expecting patrick klepek to retweet a woman pissing onto my timeline

My man loves a co-op stream

Goddammit

I was so proud of this joke that I spent like five minutes explaining all the necessary context to my wife

She views this as time ill-spent

She should have told you to piss off

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    seems inoffensive

Yeah, lots of inoffensive things suck

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Not exactly the sort of sound I'd expect to go full garbanzo on stage, though.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Atari SoulAtari Soul Registered User regular
    This latest FaTT is something else! If failed dice rolls give you anxiety, you're in for a rollercoaster.
    I can't believe what should have been one simple dice roll for some resources became an all-out fight resulting in multiple NEW fallouts that need to be healed.

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Dear God: please don't ever make it necessary for John Linneman to make a lengthy video patiently and evenhandedly explaining how hard I fucked up.

https://youtu.be/Y1JJt7xHTlE

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    This week on Revolutions, it's not dictatorship if everyone agrees with me, right? Right?

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    Giant Bomb announced the first video series I’ve been interested in since Born to Run, called Run for the Hills, where Jess is going to be supporting Jan going through the Silent Hill games ala Metal Gear Scanlon.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    They should get the Albummer people to make a Silent Hill themed cover of Run To The Hills. Really use that crosspollination for maximum synergy.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Rob and Natalie playing Inscryption on stream has been a lot of fun

I look forward to *waves hands around*

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular

They beat the you have to lose now moments TWICE

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    akajaybay wrote: »

They beat the you have to lose now moments TWICE

*hands frantically waving*
    They've made the progression all wonky by being too good

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    For anyone else who may be interested, Rob McElhenney, Charlie Day, and Glenn Howerton have just dropped the first three episodes of a new podcast where they spend about 30 minutes at a time discussing each episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

0g7nc3uo6ozs.png

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    I wonder who did the cast rewatch podcast first. I got on the train with Office Ladies.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    so they spend as much time discussing an episode as the episode is long?

this leads to the question of is the podcast better than just watching an episode?

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    It's like listening to a movie with the commentary on. they are different experiences.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Is there any rewatch podcast that isn't longer than the media its watching?

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    They're not doing script reads, I dunno why it would be weird that the runtime might be longer than a given episode

Hell, most movie discussion podcasts I listen to are universally longer than the movie being discussed

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Is there any rewatch podcast that isn't longer than the media its watching?

I daresay that episodes shorter than the subject means you're doing it wrong.

• Options
    I've also only watched seasons 1-4 so I could definitely spend a good amount of time getting deep into that show

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Have I listed to multi-hour podcasts about 20 minute children shows in vain? Is my entire life a lie?

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Nah, we've all got too many shows to watch. I want a podcast that's a modern version of Book-a-Minute.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Jars wrote: »
    so they spend as much time discussing an episode as the episode is long?

this leads to the question of is the podcast better than just watching an episode?

For the It's Always Sunny Podcast (now that I've actually listened to all the available episodes) it's less that they're talking about the episode and more that they're having a discussion inspired by the episode. For example, in podcast episode titled after the TV episode "Underage Drinking: A National Concern" they spend a few minutes talking about the episode and behind the scenes info before talking about drinking and stuff they did as teenagers that they shouldn't have (which is how I now know that Glenn Howerton almost died at a Christian camp when he was thirteen).

One of the first podcasts I ever got into was Totally Reprise, which was made by some forumers here, and they would spend like 30 minutes talking about video games they'd been playing before spending another hour or so talking about an episode of Totally Spies. I realize that description doesn't do it justice but the banter between the hosts as they riff on Totally Spies was hilarious, which for the unitiated was a show for kids made by horny Frenchmen with various transformation fetishes that at one point featured a villain who used a giant plane to kidnap a bunch of celebrities and flew it so fast that it caused time to reverse Superman II-style (a plot point that was never resolved and never came up again).

Totally Reprise Episode 1: "Yeah, we're gonna rewatch Totally Spies. I remember it being an okay show."
    Totally Reprise Finale: "I wouldn't recommend this show to anyone, there's so many better shows to watch."

EDIT: This 30 second clip is pretty much the distilled Totally Spies experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpmKcCNMRDY

Hexmage-PA on
  • Options
    I mean honestly, just as someone who has talked to someone else about media before, talking about something for longer than the runtime seems totally normal to me

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Funnily enough we recently said Spies was better then our recent show

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Ms Dapper wrote: »

Yeah, I just listened to that episode earlier today. It's been a long time since I've seen the show and didn't really member many details, but I definitely underestimated how much gender-related stuff there was. There's still an upcoming episode I'm very curious how you'll feel about, though.

Any idea what you all will cover next?

Hexmage-PA on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »
    Ms Dapper wrote: »

Yeah, I just listened to that episode earlier today. It's been a long time since I've seen the show and didn't really member many details, but I definitely underestimated how much gender-related stuff there was. There's still an upcoming episode I'm very curious how you'll feel about, though.

Any idea what you all will cover next?

we already know but we ain't tellin'

but it's my turn to pick a show!

• Options
    Kamen Repriser

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Kamen Repriser

they, uh

already did that

they covered fourze

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    This rude tales cranked the melodrama knob with such force they broke it off.
    Also CraBoneseby is great

Lasbrook on
  • Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Kamen Repriser

they, uh

already did that

they covered fourze

Okay well I'm glad they used that pun then.

I have difficulty keeping up with my podcast subscriptions as-is.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »

Chris Hastings' timing is always great, but I really loved how well he chose his, "While I know y'all forgot I was in this scene, here I am" moments

• Options
    The most important series Reprise did is the Prisoner though

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    In which dan ryckert chooses the most heinous of violent actions: reading back someone's old words to them

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    That is the most brutal thing I've ever watched

It is a snuff film

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Dan is heartless murderer

Diarmuid on
  • Options
    that's almost as bad as reading my forum posts from 10 years ago

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »

They are portraying college students though, so this particular melodrama 100% checks out

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Oh shit, this is really terrible

ATTENTION: If you or anyone you know works at any kind of comic book store, pawn shop or anywhere that would buy comics in the vicinity of Ironton, OH, be on the look out for someone/s selling large amounts of comics in the next few days. My dad's storage unit was broken into...

...and someone stole a lot of boxes of comics. In the process, they are also destroyed a lot of irreplaceable personal items (including letters from my deceased mom) by just dumping anything they didn't want outside in the rain.

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Jesus Christ

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Well it looks like there's at least some degree of resolution on-going:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/travismcelroy/status/1463165322891038733

This discussion has been closed.