As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T 2021 Secret Santa! Until next jolly mission…

• Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Pretty sure all assignments should be out now. If you haven't received one, but signed up please shoot me or Brolo a PM

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Agentflit wrote: »
    anoffday wrote: »
    Quake maps? NICE. I've been meaning to check out some of the past quake christmas jam packs and now is probably the best time.

Yeah!!

I recommend using the Quake Injector to browse & launch maps if you aren't already, and either quakespasm or quakespasm spiked engine. I love trawling through the quaddicted archives. The xmas 2018 jam is one of my favorites!

Is it just as easy to get these mods/maps going in the remaster? Or do you recommend just sticking with the original?

Steam: offday
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I just went and added a bunch of things to my Amazon wishlist, just in case.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Signed up in the SE++ thread.
    But, since we're combining, that's just like signing up here.

So, someone's getting taffy.

It is with sadness that I have to inform my Santee that there will be no Christmas taffy this year. I went to my taffy guy, and they said they didn't get any in. They offered my Pumpkin Spice taffy, but...
    Before I left though, another person came in looking for the same taffy as I was, and felt the same disappointment.

I'm sorry Santee, I tried. I found a similarly chewy treat though. I hope it will be an acceptable substitute.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    That's a heartbreaker, mate. :(

• Options
    AgentflitAgentflit Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    anoffday wrote: »
    Is it just as easy to get these mods/maps going in the remaster? Or do you recommend just sticking with the original?

Oh shoot, I have no idea. If nothing else, I'd use quakespasm because that's what is used to test most maps these days. Also, for mods like arcane dimensions, I doubt they work with the remaster. (I do love the remaster for the built in campaigns and multi)

It's not too hard to set up! Just extract the quakespasm zip into a folder, then find your vanilla quake installation and copy its "Id1" folder to your newly made quakespasm folder. Extract your quake injector zip into another folder and open up "quakeinjector.jar", and it should help you from there. It's worth it, I promise :)

https://triptohell.info/moodles/qss/

Anyway, imma already workin on my gift. Watch out, santee, gift will be a-comin 8-)

Agentflit on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Excited for this but as per personal tradition I won't get started until the day after Thanksgiving.

Then it's eggnog, Christmas music and stalking.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Excited for this but as per personal tradition I won't get started until the day after Thanksgiving.

Then it's eggnog, Christmas music and stalking.

Hey hey hey

Don't hog all the eggnog, leave some for the rest of us!

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    In what has to be record time...

ovr1hlkzij2i.gif

Holy crap was I not expecting anything so soon since the assignments just went out. I was expecting a small package that I ordered today and was very surprised to see two packages on my doorstep when I got home. I wracked my brain trying to think of what else I could have ordered and when I opened it the truth was discovered!

txHYn9M.jpg

Thank you for the Heroes Feast my mystery Santa! Looking forward to trying some of these out!

Halfazedninja on
    My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    That might be a record for fastest non-digital gifting.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Do not my friends, let yourself become addicted to the free prime shipping

• Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Ok, technically not a double post but...

ovr1hlkzij2i.gif

Another package when I got home today! Apparently my Secret Santa is an unstoppable menace:

wwn24x6ihsvs.jpg

An airbrush and compressor! I'm still new mini painting but I am excited (and a bit scared) to try this out, even if it's for priming first :biggrin:

Thanks again, Secret Santa!

Halfazedninja on

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Super early holiday cheer!

• Options
    Santee,

Your gift is incoming! You should have it by the end of the week!

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Hey we used to post Christmas music in these things back in the day so let's bring that back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M67NqDdJ5C0&ab_channel=RetroDeathReviews

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    I guess a little Christmas Mew-sic couldn't hurt!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06-oUtlHnJ8

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    ovr1hlkzij2i.gif

So I'm not doing Secret Santa 2021, but a package arrived for me this morning anyway. From the previously mentioned Proxy Elf messages, I had an idea who this might be from.

So....PseudoGiftGet.gif?
    uAgiCgF.jpeg
    Pretend I didn't forget to take a photo before I tore the box open
    I5xQHJp.jpeg
    azF22Ec.jpeg
    YStwPc2.jpeg
    The note
    SLmvia2.jpeg

It's an Oculus Quest 2! And a Slowpoke plushie! From my 2020 Secret Santa, @Madpoet. The pandemic and the general state of the world wasn't going to stop them from doing their Santa Shit

I've heard good things about the Oculus Quest 2, esp as it pertains to video games and cardiovascular exercise, so I look forward to getting sweaty in this thing. Also, for some reason I still have a Facebook account in 2021 that I barely use, so now I have a reason to use it more.

Side note: maybe my phone heard me talking about Oculus but I now am getting Instagram ads about a 50 dollar coupon when you buy Oculus Quest 2, so @Madpoet you might need to complain to a Customer Service Rep to get what you're owed if you didn't already.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Nice, I forgot about ABR Christmas album. Great band and great album. Metal Christmas AF!

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Dumb question time! How can I get a message to my Santa? I know I can rely on Proxy to get a message to my Santee, but I need to drop Santa a line without knowing who they are.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Just shout.

They're listening.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    jclast wrote: »
    Dumb question time! How can I get a message to my Santa? I know I can rely on Proxy to get a message to my Santee, but I need to drop Santa a line without knowing who they are.

Yeah, just say it here or shoot your message to Proxy.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    @lonelyahava has the complete list and should be able to sort things out

• Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    jclast wrote: »

Yeah, just say it here or shoot your message to Proxy.

Hopefully that works. Thanks!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Awesome gift - the Oculus 2 is a ton of fun. My son has one that I've managed to steal a few times to try.

The first time I tried it, in fact, I went through the little tutorial/play space type of thing to see how it worked. I threw paper airplanes and did a few other little activities. It was really well done, and then I finished by trying to set the controllers down on the virtual table in front of me and nearly dropped them on the floor until he stopped me.

• Options
    I could probably overlook my feelings toward facebook for the quality of hardware that is the oculus 2... except that it flat doesn't work since I have no facebook account anymore

• Options
    I think I heard they just changed it to allow use of the headset with no Facebook. Which is good.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    I think I heard they just changed it to allow use of the headset with no Facebook. Which is good.
    It's not implemented yet, but they pinky swear it's coming.

• Options
    Madpoet wrote: »
    It's not implemented yet, but they pinky swear it's coming.

Ah, I only saw the headlines and articles saying as such, but when I actually read them, it was a lot of "FB said it but no word on how it works yet so hold tight"

Anyway, I don't know if you saw the bottom of my other post but I saw some articles about Oculus Quest 2 and a 50 dollar gift card. Bug a customer service rep if you're owed 50 bucks!

steam_sig.png

• Options
    That would definitely be a good move. Being a wireless headset with still reasonable performance is kind of a wild space

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    They probably will say you don't need a Facebook login, just a new Meta username. It's really a great device though, I've debated buying my own. If you have a PC with a graphics card that isn't a potato like mine you can also use it as a PC headset which adds a ton to the library.

• Options
    They probably will say you don't need a Facebook login, just a new Meta username. It's really a great device though, I've debated buying my own. If you have a PC with a graphics card that isn't a potato like mine you can also use it as a PC headset which adds a ton to the library.
    Not only can you, it works really well. I have the OG Vive with the wireless adapter and the Quest 2 has completely obsoleted it.

• Options
    edited November 2021
    Wrong thread lol.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    What I meant to type in here was ovr1hlkzij2i.gif

I suppose Ninja and I will be making some tasty meals soon.
    og9hwyqeokcw.png
    I remember wanting it last year and then forgetting to put it on my Amazon wish list, so I did after Ninja got it earlier. Thanks, Santa!

They also left a theme, but no name. :question: :tell_me_more:
    b4d0bt7rtn80.png
    Koopah, each of your gifts shall arrive with a taste of music that I hope you might like. Enjoy!

Food for the Gods - In Flames
    From Secret Satan
    This pleases me.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Yes we will @KoopahTroopah

Also, I thought my Secret Santa was done, but apparently he is not!

ovr1hlkzij2i.gif

Another package arrived today and it is a Nail Polish rack which is what I use to store my paints! I have taken a picture of my rack and the box because it is the same one I use and was actually about to buy for myself the other day!

Jlqv1Kz.jpg

rzccghQ.jpg

At this point I think my wife thinks I'm buying things for myself and saying it's from my Santa lol!

Thanks Secret Santa!

Halfazedninja on

• Options
    SANTEE!

I don't know if you are home but you may have a package waiting for you at your house!

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Let's start the gift giving holiday mood off right with some Steam giveaways!

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    Santa, if I asked @Proxy the Elf correctly you should have a message. Please read it and contact the person inside!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Hi all.

Sorry for not popping in before this!

Hi! My name is Ahava and I'm your friendly local elf/imp depending on your chosen flavour text.

I've got the full list between here and SE, and so if you need messages sent out anything, just let me know!

I'm in Aotearoa New Zealand, so my time zones are a bit upside down. But I've also got some serious stress and anxiety based insomnia, so who knows!

Anyways, give us a shout if you need.

• Options
    A UPS package arrived today with an item that I don't remember ordering.... but may well have. Does anyone have anything to say about this situation?