As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Diablo] early access has ended :(, and so shall this thread

• crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Not sure when the next hunt for d2r clone hunters will be, but Lucky (luckyluciano_6 on twitch)--who had the .15 ip today--is doing another one on Tuesday. He releases the IP on his stream 30-45 minutes prior to selling. If you can manage to get 2 SOJs and contribute, he guarantees a game.

crimsoncoyote on
  • bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    NICE MAN
    219 is about to walk

(count is 77 as of right now)

walked at 93

wooohooo got it!
    iz3bz9z2c1dc.png

NICE. My friend got in 15 about 4 minutes too late. I got close to 219 a few times but alas.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
    ip is 158.115..222.219 on americas for dclone
    it just started, and I just got in.

Now i have to wait 2 hours...

How did you get in so fast lol...

Yh6tI4T.jpg
    edited November 2021
    bwanie wrote: »
    ip is 158.115..222.219 on americas for dclone
    it just started, and I just got in.

Now i have to wait 2 hours...

How did you get in so fast lol...

I think I just got good rng. I was already looking for 15 via Lucky's stream and happened to get 219 after a few tries as soon as it got posted.

crimsoncoyote on
    dang i created games for 2 hours straight and didn't get either. I was on the right subnet but that last set of digits just woulden't roll.

How d2-esque

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • RehabRehab Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    So a scenario of: come over to one of these specific servers and land a good chance of getting a rare item?

Rehab on
    NNID: Rehab0
  • FiskebentFiskebent DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Yes. It's a very, very stupid mechanic.

steam_sig.png
    i wouldent say a good chance, the server the games need to be on has a limited amount of games it can host. And there were way more people trying to get in then there are spots.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    K something went wrong with publicizing the leech link yesterday, so to make up for that they are having a 100% public walk. Check the dicord i posted yesterday.

tomorrow 2PM EST
    Free walk ( 2 hour game hunt window)

That's cool of them!

It also happens to fall exactly when I am entertaining houseguests lol

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Oh or was the yesterday? Anyways rip

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    dude

A. i knew in advance

B. was prepared (practiced with a buddy on getting each others games)

C. showed up 20 min early and they started 15 mins earl on the first walk so i was there from the get go

D. wason the right american subnet for like 90% of my games

still didnt hit it.

dont feel bad. it's all luck.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
    I've been trying to get a game on the right ip for 1-2 days per week for a few weeks now. In most hunts, you've got 60 contributors who either already have a game or know the ip ahead of time. The d2r clone hunters typically release the ip to the discord when 75% or more of the 60 contributors have a game. Lucky is guaranteeing spots for his 60ish contributors as well. So by the time ips get released to either community, there's 1200+ people competing for 140-165ish slots left on the server, assuming no contributor tells their friends about the ip ahead of time.

You gotta get pretty lucky it seems to get in it seems.

Lucky has been doing some Anni giveaways after his hunts, and it feels like that's somehow more likely to land you an Anni than actually hunting dclone lol

yeash the odd on that are better.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
    edited November 2021
    if anyone has a spare destructon key
    this is the time to donate it.

we need 2 for a uber run and havent been able to get 1 on 3 player games for 2 hours straight.

literally losing my mind here

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
    ill trade a hate key or if you have 2: hate key + (pick 2,doubles allowed: Ko, Fal, Lem, Pul)

Yh6tI4T.jpg
    Unfortunately I'm dry on keys right now =/
    I gotta get some more farmed up this week.

got em

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    D3’s current season is ending is 12/5.

So the new season is probably 12/10.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
    got em

AND we rolled our first pally torch. it was the lowest of the lowest (11/10) but all we cared about were the skills and not blowing capital on a shitty torch. YEAH!

Yh6tI4T.jpg
    A ptorch is a ptorch!

Sometimes you just have that hunch that your drop is right around the corner. Something compelled me to stay up a bit (too) late and keep farming council and Meph for a High rune. Last one i called before i had to go to bed:

Screenshot102.png

Out of all the runes i get the exact one i wanted. Fortitude here we come.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
    edited November 2021
    Oh yes, gimme dat damage. (went from 3250 k max strafe damage to this <3)
    edit: i lowrolled on the + life ( could have been +120 -135 life) and resistances (27 out of 30). But whatever.

Screenshot103.png

edit: hotdang just tested her in P8....had to check multiple times to make sure i wasn't in Nightmare.
    but no, she actually kills in 8p hell

DOUBLE EDIT: oh dang i forgot to proc chilling armor but with that on i'm at 4700 defense... on a friggin bowazon haha.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • MonwynMonwyn Apathy's a tragedy, and boredom is a crime. A little bit of everything, all of the time.Registered User regular
    Oh yes, gimme dat damage. (went from 3250 k max strafe damage to this <3)
    edit: i lowrolled on the + life ( could have been +120 -135 life) and resistances (27 out of 30). But whatever.

Screenshot103.png

edit: hotdang just tested her in P8....had to check multiple times to make sure i wasn't in Nightmare.
    but no, she actually kills in 8p hell

DOUBLE EDIT: oh dang i forgot to proc chilling armor but with that on i'm at 4700 defense... on a friggin bowazon haha.

That seems like an insane amount of strength for a bowazon, why not put it in Archon Plate instead of Ornate?

uH3IcEi.png
    edited November 2021
    Look at my crown...(very nice rolled COA with 2x 15/17 % ed jewels)

This build is not a glass cannon. I can get hit and have enough fhr (53 for 6 frames) to get out if it gets too hot. Plus i have dmg reduction and sick amount of defense.

be the most important reason is the look of the ancient armor (ornate for higher Def, ancient is bonkers at 220) while wearing the crown:
    Screenshot106.png

Looks much better than any other armor. I tried em all. None of them have enough gold and red to match the crown. Its all grey iron.

I mean look at this (archon plate): I can't walk around looking like that!
    Screenshot107.png

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
    edited November 2021
    To clarify i'm running a FA/Strafe build. Not multishot. So i can use the extra defensive stats. Esp when there's a lot of undead around since then i cannot leech. (I have 17% (edit 14% whoops) so if there's no undead i can p much face tank anything)

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Me: Hammerdin is a completely unstoppable force.

Also me: forgets that the second boss wave in Worldstone Keep is magic immune.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
    holy bolt...

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    holy bolt...

47 hours later…

its more something to do while the merc takes care of him :p

Ps i'm up for some boosting if you are.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
    Yeah, my merc mostly handles the unravelers, while I keep the skeles down and remove them with redemption. Once the skeles are down, I throw on holy bolt and stand out of range of everything.

edited November 2021
    Haha i was in a 8 p walkbaal game and people were hanging in town too long so i went ahead. Cleared to the entrance of WSk3 before they caught up.

I swear 2 people were like "what... You're not a javazon?"

Edit: and re: the strenght, i have Windforce which needs 134 str to begin with. So my 174 is 40 above what the build prescribes. should you go Andy's (20) it gets bumped to 60.
    But i also don't run Razortail but Nosferatu's coil (15 str (edit nvm Razortail has 15 dex so...) ) and i have this ring:
    S,creenshot108.png

So that's 31 (edit 16) str most other build wont have. And i don't have to use for Andys for the leech (14 on ring + belt), so it's only 1 skill and 5 % ias extra. COA does everything else better (more defense, more resistance, more fhr so i can reach the 6 frame BP, more room for %dmg jewels (34 now could be 80)=>higher dmg potential, physical dmg reduction).

Trust me i've given this a lot of thought 20 years ago when i didn't have the gear but a lot of imagination. To see it come alive before my eyes...It's emotional.

Is it the "best reddit" build for a bowazon? No. But it's very sturdy, has max ias breakpoints (non bugged), deals a shitton of AOE freeze, and when amp kicks in, things just melt. Add the Fanaticism to the mix and you're a welcome addition to any 8 player group.

- I like to live, so no glass cannon for me.
    - These builds all assume insane gear. Mine is just self found and online trades (no jspfuck you).
    - It's mine. It's unique.
    - My character will be visually distinctive.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
    Respecced my alt to an Avenger paladin and... it's got potential. As soon as I hit level 47 and equipped a Crescent Moon things got a lot spicier.

Still gonna need some aura support for AOE. Holy shock (Dream) and Holy Freeze (Merc) in addition to Conviction. Then I'm going to run a Sanctuary shield before I build my second Dream.

GG weapon is probably a Last Wish or Death. (According to the wiki, Grief's added damage won't work with Vengeance).

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    vengeance is all base damage. an eth zerker with botd might be ideal

edited November 2021
    It also counts ED from weapons (edit: which I guess is another way of saying base dmg), +damage from off-weapon items (war travelers), and +min/+max charms. Again, according to the wiki. I am not rich enough to test myself.

https://diablo.fandom.com/wiki/Vengeance

But you're right, BOTD would be gross. Probably S-tier but I'm also trying to be somewhat realistic.

GoodKingJayIII on
    Botd isn't too pricey, compared to other runewords at least. Zod seems to be trading around vex-ish, and a vex last week was 6 key sets.

Speaking of vex, on my "one last countess before bed" run, I managed to drop one off a fallen in the tower! I love "one last run"s. It's how I got my first shako too.

• Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Props to @bwanie for getting the singer barb through hell baal :)

edited November 2021
    Botd isn't too pricey, compared to other runewords at least. Zod seems to be trading around vex-ish, and a vex last week was 6 key sets.

Speaking of vex, on my "one last countess before bed" run, I managed to drop one off a fallen in the tower! I love "one last run"s. It's how I got my first shako too.

I swear this game reads out your timezone and whenever you are playing past what is considered "a reasonable hour" it turns up the droprates to 11 and sometimes mindreads you as well.

apart from my first Lo rune all good stuff has dropped while i could barely keep my eyes open.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
    edited November 2021
    It also counts ED from weapons (edit: which I guess is another way of saying base dmg), +damage from off-weapon items (war travelers), and +min/+max charms. Again, according to the wiki. I am not rich enough to test myself.

https://diablo.fandom.com/wiki/Vengeance

But you're right, BOTD would be gross. Probably S-tier but I'm also trying to be somewhat realistic.

i took a zod instead of a vex for a ligthning fhr skiller. Zod is pretty tame compared to Ber or Jah. (or even Lo or Ohm for that matter)\

edit: hero editor is your friend. I plotted out my bowazon (roughly) in SP before investing into the Faith bow and fortitude armor.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    The best boss in D3 was the Skeleton King because IIRC he didn't say a goddamn word before he tried to kill you.
    He was also a wonderfully designed boss mechanically, like a boss fight in a good action or brawler game. Nearly all his damage was avoidable if you moved and timed things properly. I remember during the D3 beta watching a YouTube video (I think of Kripp) of 4 people fighting the King with level 1 characters in starter gear. The fight took something like 40 minutes, but it was neat that it was doable because it was an actual skill testing fight in an ARPG where usually there is a gear floor since a lot of incoming damage isn't really meant to be avoided.

Granted the boss mechanics in D3 generally became kind of meaningless once the game became more about getting insanely geared and just being able to mow through things with relative impunity, but before then D3 had some pretty well done boss fights for an ARPG. If you didn't outlevel/outgear them, you actually had to learn some patterns and avoid attacks and such. It was definitely more interesting than the D2 chug and slug attrition battles (Diablo being the only notable exception where not sidestepping the lightning hose is a killer).

Yeah I don’t have 1 set of keys, let alone 6.

I kinda prefer running a few different areas per game rather than just grinding away. I tend to do:

- Countess
    - Pits
    - Chaos
    - Eldritch
    - Pindleskin

Eventually I’ll get 3 countess keys and then switch up to summoner, then Nihl. But I have a lot of trouble just doing the same thing over and over again.