As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] United in Horror at All of This

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    it's funny that they lead with the flashy "your max mana is 20" guff when he doesn't do anything to the board, and now these

Guff + Omu or Twig of the World Tree could take you from 8 mana to 20 in the same turn. Or am I reading Guff's card wrong?

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Dibby wrote: »
    "oh my god 20 maximum mana, that sounds like it could go so entirely wrong--"

*Board clear, draw, hero power no longer hurts you, shuffles a summon-when-drawn into your deck*

"OH OKAY wow that's, yeah, Guff is kinda... hmm...."

*Vanish on a stick that summons two 4/2 stealths and gives a 0 mana HP that reduces next card played by 2 mana*

"guff ain't shit. these guffs ain't doin' shit."

While I hope not, I wonder if we'll be able to quote this post when the rest of the hero cards are revealed in sort of a "remember when we thought the Warlock and Rogue heroes were good?!"

And then they all disappear from the meta after two weeks, drowned in a sea of pirate decks.
    :mad:

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    "oh my god 20 maximum mana, that sounds like it could go so entirely wrong--"

*Board clear, draw, hero power no longer hurts you, shuffles a summon-when-drawn into your deck*

"OH OKAY wow that's, yeah, Guff is kinda... hmm...."

*Vanish on a stick that summons two 4/2 stealths and gives a 0 mana HP that reduces next card played by 2 mana*

"guff ain't shit. these guffs ain't doin' shit."
    Wait for the other parts of the forced archetype: "Gain 10 mana crystals" + "Spend all your mana, gain 1 armor for every mana spent"

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    it's funny that they lead with the flashy "your max mana is 20" guff when he doesn't do anything to the board, and now these

Guff + Omu or Twig of the World Tree could take you from 8 mana to 20 in the same turn. Or am I reading Guff's card wrong?
    Omu wouldn't take you from 8 to 20 as it only refreshes mana crystals. Guff increases your mana crystal cap but doesn't instantly take you to 20 mana crystals. Twig would take you from 8 to 18, as it only adds 10 crystals.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    The thing about all the ramp you can play after Guff is it was already things you could do to ramp you to 10 and was not broken then

You specifically need to figure out something powerful you can do with that mana to make Guff meaningful, otherwise he's just a flashy Gain 5 Armor Draw 1 Gain One Mana Crystal

liEt3nH.png
    Okay, so, Brukan, shaman hero

8 mana

Battlecry: Choose TWO:
    -2 damage to all enemy minions
    -2 2/3 elementals with taunt
    -6 damage enemy face
    -6 healing to All Friendlies

Then, every turn, his hero power is 2 mana: do one of those, with the hero power rotating every turn like old Dr Boom hero

Oh yeah and DH has Giant Corridor Creeper

j46lkpildm1r.png

liEt3nH.png
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Brukan is one of those Hero Cards that on the surface seems "meh" but honestly that's a lot of value. Board clears, dropping two taunts, launching a Fireball at your opponent's face, or healing for 6. Those are all really good value. ....Does Shaman even have a slow/value oriented deck though. It's a fantastic card for slow control decks, but I don't think that exists.

On paper it's good, I'm just not sure it has a home. I mean there's still the rest of the set and all but hrm.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Quest Shaman is a slow value oriented deck.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
    Yilias wrote: »
    Quest Shaman is a slow value oriented deck.

Been out of the Constructed game for a while, I thought that was like an aggro deck, huh.

DNiDlnb.png
    It might have changed after the nerf to quest progression but I remember the gameplan being to keep the board clear until quest finished and then use doubled card generation/draw to overwhelm people with card advantage.

edited November 2021
    I don't think Quest Shaman cards/game plan really changed from the nerf, it just became less obnoxiously strong. I think the mini set did lead to some card changes, though.

The Hero Card doesn't exactly have any real synergy with the Quest Shaman game plan. The deck is actually rather low curve, relying on Quest completion to keep it from running out of gas in the later game. Usually by turn 8 the quest is complete and the Shaman is looking for big tempo/value spell plays, but the hero still might be worth giving a shot as an include as backup value for games that run long or where your draws go poorly. I'm not quite sure what you'd want to give up for it, though. It's going to be really bad for that deck to draw a card early that's dead until turn 8.

forty on
    There's a really good sale on Fire HD 10s right now, so I ordered one (to replace my ~4 year old one), so hopefully I'll be able to play and get mad at HS on a tablet again soon.

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Oh come on, all 4 weapons and both raiders in the bottom 8

bc6xein9vxb0.png

liEt3nH.png
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I love silly stuff like that. Its garbage because chances are you get garbage minions with no synergy. They need to cost 1 for this to be a thing

edited November 2021
    Well, she's better than Lilian Voss, which was a fucking horrible card, but still a bad legendary you hope you don't open. Good arena card and that's about it.

forty on
    i dunno i suspect i would rather have the creatures i drafted over random class ones

liEt3nH.png
  • rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    i dunno i suspect i would rather have the creatures i drafted over random class ones

Hard to draft better than random stuff at -2 mana each.

Game usually gives me shitty draft options anyway, bring on the discounted randos!

Hmm that was odd. I was struggling a bit to get out of gold at all, then plat 10->5 I was undefeated

Why do they keep printing meme legendaries for Rogue

DNiDlnb.png
  • The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Oh dear.

5ihbtjwgr54b.png

The other hero power that it flips to:

lei0pfmtgo5s.png

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    While I don't care for HS much anymore, I love the amount of details and humor Wronchi puts into his videos.

https://youtu.be/UmII4xpb3js

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    edited November 2021
    The Judge wrote: »
    Oh dear.
    The other hero power that it flips to:

lei0pfmtgo5s.png

"We don't want Mind Blast in the game because we don't like the idea of Control Priests having access to burst"

*prints a card that gives them Mind Blast every other turn*

Also, probably too slow for Wild, but I legit could envision a version of Shadow Priest that goes all in on the Deathrattle stuff, Leper Gnomes, Kobolds, etc etc and slamming Xyrella as a means of getting some more reach or an alternate finisher. But 8 mana is probably too steep and too slow for how fast that deck is.

Betcha someone will try and make an OTK out of it though.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    It's too slow for standard, I haven't seen turn 10 in a long time

Priest does have some strong deathrattle minions in Standard and there are a few good neutral deathrattles, but barely any of these are early game. I suspect with the deathrattle synergy team 5 has been pushing at Priest that it's possible we'll see some more strong minions for it dumped out in this set. With Renew unnerfed, Priest does have some stall tools to help it against early game aggression, so I could envision a meta (with some more card reveals) where a Deathrattle Priest could outlast some aggro decks. But I can't see it being able to pressure combo/OTK decks so as long as those keep flooding the meta you'd just autolose a good chunk of games.

we have skull of the manari at home

ky9loldiyuml.png

liEt3nH.png
    edited November 2021
    warrior hero

battlecry: equip a 5/2 Unstoppable Force
    unstoppable force: after you attack a minion, smash it into the enemy hero
    hero power: deal 2 damage. honorable kill: gain 4 armor

mage hero:
    BC: recast a spell from each spell school you've cast this game
    hero power: deal 1 damage. HONORABLE KILL: gain +2 damage

mage meme:
    0l2zv4qn74bu.png

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Oh yeah big mage spells, finally

Edit: whether or not this spell is actually any good is entirely dependent on the “at enemies” line. If it can only cast spells that target enemies and not something like 20x cram sessions, it’s actually not bad.

ronzo on
    after a million years, the long joked about card is finally here

hcy3ywrrrpu5.png

liEt3nH.png
    0l2zv4qn74bu.png
    Come on, 5 Fireballs to face! *rolls 1dTrillion die*

• The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    l1yma1gu3ic0.png

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    Come on, 5 Fireballs to face! *rolls 1dTrillion die*

An infinite number of Moonfires in Wild, while unlikely, is still possible.

Well since it's mage spells even a single moonfire is 0% chance

What I'm seeing though is a 2-for-1 puzzle box of yogg saron

Tavish plus quest is neat. Every spell you cast is a free AC.

Yilias wrote: »
    Tavish plus quest is neat. Every spell you cast is a free AC.
    Only if you play Tavish before completing part 2 though, right?

Cost reduction effects only apply to your current hero power. Other effects like refresh apply to current and future powers.

So free AC requires playing Tavish before completing stage 2 of the quest. Refresh on spell cast can be played at any time.

That seems absurdly slow for what hunters want to do

Phyphor wrote: »
    That seems absurdly slow for what hunters want to do
    For the current meta, no doubt. There have been viable value oriented/controllish Hunter decks in the past, so it's possible a shell could crop up that wants this. With what's currently available? I don't see it. Maybe it's something that'll see play next year after rotation/more sets. Of course Deathstalker Rexxar greatly propped up the slower Hunters of the past, and Tavish is no Deathstalker Rexxar in the long game. I am curious how strong the "improved Secrets" are, though.

As noted, there may be some Questline Shenanigans that employ Tavish, but completing the Questline and then bursting your opponent down is already the win condition for the deck. I'm not sure in most games it would want to try for an alternate win condition where it floods out 3 mana beasts for a couple turns and/or hopes it rolls a stampede of Huffers vs. just slinging everything at face. It would also be inconsistent as hell as it would require drawing/playing Tavish by 6 mana or really slow rolling quest progress, which would likely require a different sort of deck since the current one usually has step 2 done pretty readily by turn 4/5.