As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] God Roll Guns and Flawless Runs; Tons of Fun in the Light of the Sun

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Last minute late night flawless with Zombie Gandhi and Timeboxer (at midnight in the PC pool)!
    n1819leeb9cn.png

• Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    Rolled a Wolftone Draw this morning with Elastic String, Compact Arrow Shaft, Ensemble, Frenzy, and a Draw Time masterwork. Just Draw Time bonuses from front-to-back. Once this thing gets moving, holy shit.

• Options
    Mustachio JonesMustachio Jones jerseyRegistered User regular
    milk ducks wrote: »
    Rolled a Wolftone Draw this morning with Elastic String, Compact Arrow Shaft, Ensemble, Frenzy, and a Draw Time masterwork. Just Draw Time bonuses from front-to-back. Once this thing gets moving, holy shit.

Ensemble and Frenzy will put you at the reload frame cap, as will two Bow Reloaders. You're not really doing yourself any favors having the both of them when you could have Archer's Tempo over Ensemble.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

Ensemble and Frenzy will put you at the reload frame cap, as will two Bow Reloaders. You're not really doing yourself any favors having the both of them when you could have Archer's Tempo over Ensemble.

Yeah, the big thing with bows is that there's a hard cap on how quickly they can reload and it's not actually that hard to hit.

AFAIK Archer's Tempo on it's own should hit the cap when it procs, assuming you haven't done something else to tank your reload speed.

Both accuracy and stability are really good places to dump stats on a bow and more valuable then stacking reload speed well over the cap.

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Reload speed and draw time are two different things for bows, you guys.

Reload speed is just the arrow nocking animation for them. That's it.

Don't aim for reload speed if you want lower draw time.

Dys on
  • Options
    Mustachio JonesMustachio Jones jerseyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    But speeding up the nocking animation increases your rate of fire quite substantially. There's just a cap on how much you can do so, which is the reload frame cap.

Archer's Tempo will throw you down to 440ms draw time on a Precision frame, which you can actually get close to as a rate of fire if you max your reload speed through Bow Reloader or Ensemble or Rapid Hit.

To wit, Ensemble and Frenzy both speed up reloads, not draw time. The buff from both combined well exceeds the reload speed you can have on bows.

Mustachio Jones on
  • Options
    y49xsgifb7a6.png
    Me, Jones and Arteen did an incredible feat ... Flawless, in the PC pool, on a Monday night, in the flawless pool.

Truly ridiculous string of matches to get that done. One round ended in a 4-4 nailbiter where I was last one alive, nearly died 20 hp left and I won with a shatter. And I got decent igneous', enough for each character to have one without needing to swap ever again.

Wild flawless (and 4th one for me this weekend)

• Options
    RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Aside from the Trials solo queue salt...why the hell does *normal control* pair 5 stack clan tags against 6 random players? And then make you play through to completion when the score is 60 to 125?

Like, how hard is it to just weight your matchmaking towards group vs group? A TW@B or two ago they mentioned "considering" tweaking it so groups were more likely to get paired up against groups.

What the fuck are you considering? Its common damn sense.

There's a reason I'm playing a lot more Halo Infinite right now than D2. And, I suspect, a reason this thread is halfway down page 2 as I post this. I'm one arm pinnacle away from 1330 on all slots, the last 3 1330 drops I 've gotten were chest/class/class, and this shit is frankly not fun.

Completion-obsession is the only thing making me boot this up for face shooting instead of Halo lately. Their matchmaking and loot approach right now is borked.

Raynaga on
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    A big reason why this thread is on page 2 is because there’s nothing going on

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Raynaga wrote: »
    Aside from the Trials solo queue salt...why the hell does *normal control* pair 5 stack clan tags against 6 random players? And then make you play through to completion when the score is 60 to 125?

Like, how hard is it to just weight your matchmaking towards group vs group? A TW@B or two ago they mentioned "considering" tweaking it so groups were more likely to get paired up against groups.

What the fuck are you considering? Its common damn sense.

There's a reason I'm playing a lot more Halo Infinite right now than D2. And, I suspect, a reason this thread is halfway down page 2 as I post this. I'm one arm pinnacle away from 1330 on all slots, the last 3 1330 drops I 've gotten were chest/class/class, and this shit is frankly not fun.

Completion-obsession is the only thing making me boot this up for face shooting instead of Halo lately. Their matchmaking and loot approach right now is borked.

The reason they aren't doing strict group-vs-group matchmaking is likely because it makes queue times unreasonably long.

And the reason this thread is so far down is probably because a lot of talk that would normally happen here ends up happening on the discord. And it's a lull between content drops too. We had like 3 pages of chatter even here after the TW@B dropped last week.

• Options
    RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    Neither of which addresses the meat of the matter.

I do get queue times, to a degree. But I have a hard time thinking it would make them so long that it would outweigh the fuckery.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Idk what to tell you except often when I run a 6 stack with my clan, the enemy team of randos wrecks us, lol

So maybe I agree with you, stop matching randos against my clan so maybe we’ll win more

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    lPWlZcmh.jpg
    Fatebreaker almost get!

I'm very proud of this. We managed to get all the Master Vault of Glass challenges done this season, between eight total players in my group. Which of course meant some of us had to do each challenge twice.

We weren't expecting the massive power level of Master VoG last season and only gave it a couple half-hearted, underleveled attempts. This season we were motivated to get it done and came prepared. Master VoG is a very satisfying challenge when near the recommended power level!

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Neither of which addresses the meat of the matter.

I do get queue times, to a degree. But I have a hard time thinking it would make them so long that it would outweigh the fuckery.

Thing is control/6s arent really meant to be (especially) balanced. The very nature of them makes them a bit of a clusterfuck (The game is just too fast paced in it's current iteration to make sixes balanced), but that's also why they're fun - you can jump in and usually participate, no matter your skill level. They're a way to get some loot, let off some steam and have some fun in a low-stakes PvP enviroment. Sometimes you get bad matches, but hell, like @Forever Zefiro said i've matched against sixes while solo and stomped them (Heck, i'm the crazy person who solo ques in the main matchmaker for IB.) Just que up and try again, or take a break if it's tilting you.

As to time: At least going by Trials, bungie seems to view any matchmaking taking over 50s as a bad thing. (Exact number may be wrong). For good or ill, Bungie is also very analytics driven from what i can tell. Presumably the data says, yeppers, it would be a bad thing to force 6s into their own que. (Heck, how do you even determine the split? Sixes vs sixes only? what about teams smaller? where do you draw the line?). They've made the decision that the odd bad match is less harmful than the playerbase splintering that would happen if you forced teams off into their own que.

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Agree with everyone above, but also when they made it easier to mercy an opposing team....god I hated that. I just want to play and before they unnerfed it a bit (it still doesn't feel like it's back to how it was originally), it felt like almost every match was a mercy. I'd just be getting into my groove and, boom, match is over, back into the queue.

For me, at least, I want to always try and kill the enemy. I especially want to when the other team is thumping us because that means they've got some good players / are a challenge. I hated / would frequently have annoyed loud outbursts when Shaxx would declare the match over. I was relieved when they loosened it a bit.

Bizazedo on
    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    I want to play Master VoG but I just cant seem to muster the energy to run all the activities I've already run to death for hundreds of hours to get +30 Artifact light.

Not a fan of the "Grind XP for Light" mechanic at all.

• Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    Agree with everyone above, but also when they made it easier to mercy an opposing team....god I hated that. I just want to play and before they unnerfed it a bit (it still doesn't feel like it's back to how it was originally), it felt like almost every match was a mercy. I'd just be getting into my groove and, boom, match is over, back into the queue.

For me, at least, I want to always try and kill the enemy. I especially want to when the other team is thumping us because that means they've got some good players / are a challenge. I hated / would frequently have annoyed loud outbursts when Shaxx would declare the match over. I was relieved when they loosened it a bit.

I respect this take.

But I really fucking miss the old mercy rules. I'm not great so just getting fucking farmed over and over when it is 150 to 75 is just awful. I hate it.

I really really hate it. If you're not gunna balance lobbies at least shorten my suffering.

Basically, there was no opportunity to get better. I am the pee wee footballer getting crushed by the all pro team. I have no room to improve.

It's why I like new gambit.

Gambit is still just the worse.

But its shorter now, which means less time playing. (I don't play gambit at all anymore.)

• Options
    Hey guys, I've been running into some consistent communication problems with Destiny, and I was wondering if you knew how I might be able to resolve them? I'm assuming it's a cross-platform issue. I play on PS4, and basically everyone else in my raid is on the XBone. Almost every time we get together, there are one or more people in the Fireteam that I just can't hear. Sometimes they're able to hear me, oftentimes we just cage hear each other at all. It makes callouts for Oracles and whatnot frustrating sometimes, lol.

Does anyone else here experience issues like that? And do we know of any way to resolve them?

• Options
    Oh! And Is there any way to change the debuff display? The side of my screen is full of flashing shit constantly, like

Charged with Light x4
    Benevolent Dawn
    Weapons of Light
    Clown Cartridge
    Etc

It's all over there flashing on top of each other. Makes seeing the Stasis debuff on Atheon really difficult sometimes mid-fight. Is there maybe a way to change the color or something?

• Options
    Sirialis wrote: »
    I want to play Master VoG but I just cant seem to muster the energy to run all the activities I've already run to death for hundreds of hours to get +30 Artifact light.

Not a fan of the "Grind XP for Light" mechanic at all.

You'd be fine at +20 to +25, though it gets rough on the low end.

• Options
    Hey guys, I've been running into some consistent communication problems with Destiny, and I was wondering if you knew how I might be able to resolve them? I'm assuming it's a cross-platform issue. I play on PS4, and basically everyone else in my raid is on the XBone. Almost every time we get together, there are one or more people in the Fireteam that I just can't hear. Sometimes they're able to hear me, oftentimes we just cage hear each other at all. It makes callouts for Oracles and whatnot frustrating sometimes, lol.

Does anyone else here experience issues like that? And do we know of any way to resolve them?

I would just use discord, you can voice party using the phone app. Or you can just download the Xbox app and join an Xbox party with them.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    BTW Grimoire Anthology Volume 4 is free to download on the Bungie store as a "Gjallarday" gift: https://bungiestore.com/gifts-of-gjallardays-day-2
    Has lots of Taken and Awoken lore

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Shit I forgot to buy the physical copy and it is sold out, but this at least something.

• Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    As to time: At least going by Trials, bungie seems to view any matchmaking taking over 50s as a bad thing.
    In my experience, 6v6 Control games will kick off with as few as 8 people (4v4) after about a minute.

The joys of playing in off-hours....

26904.png
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Bizarre. I've rarely seen that, even when I'm playing at weird NZ hours.

Though I do get moved in with Japanese/Korean/Chinese players a fair bit, so that might be why

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    I've very rarely seen 4v4, but I have seen it.

And then mm backfills one team but not the other... that's fun.

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    I’ve read some interesting lore on throne worlds. And I think it could be interesting to build new destinations based on them and have us re-earn our power in that throne world. Like a decent in lore excuse for forcing us to grind. Most throne worlds use sword logic so it’d just be grinding out killing things old school rpg style. But savathun would use trickery so you’d level up solving puzzles etc.

Not that they SHOULD do it. But it’s interesting how much you can use destiny lore to explain game mechanics

616610-1.png
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    If you're like me and weren't really playing the game much when menagerie was a thing, you can get menagerie armor and a shader from Xur this weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLHnHv5_LY8

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    It's a very good shader, you want it if you don't have it.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Aztecross put out a good summary of a recent podcast with some Bungie people talking about the upcoming changes.

https://youtu.be/9BZJ3NfXq_o

• Options
    I disagree with his take on the talk about the increased power of certain weapon perks. One of the things I found really notable in the interview was that the ability team and the weapon team are like two completely separate groups. All these changes are made without really any thought put to the weapon perk design space. It's the podcast guys who bring up the increased viability of Wellspring and the Bungie guys are like "Yeah, I mean, maybe? I guess?". It just really felt like they'd never even thought about it.

One of the more interesting comments in that interview was that they felt they couldn't balance shoulder charge as a 1-hit because if the only way to balance it then (at least according to them) was to make it harder to hit. Which they already did in the game. And that just leads to a bunch of people reporting it as bugged because it won't hit.

Probably the funniest is I felt like there was deliberately zero discussion of Behemoth. When it seemed like it was being obliquely referenced, the Bungie guys walked around it with their answers.

After that I still feel like this is gonna be kinda bad, especially until we get 3.0 subclasses released.

• Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    I’m convinced that any time we achieve a level of balance that feels good it’s a straight up accident. They have no idea what they’re doing

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    U9YnYRXh.jpg
    I got the itch to try another solo Grandmaster, so Lake of Shadows it is! I had a rougher time here than in Devil's Lair, but it's mostly just slow and steady.

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Oof. Nothing quite like solo-queueing in Trials and getting to 5-0 with Mercy, getting rolled one game against a god player, then pair with the god player the next match (who then goes to the Lighthouse), and on your last match with no Mercy getting teamed against a three stack with two other solos, one who quits immediately after losing round 1.

Uuuuugh.

I sent messages to the team that got a free game 7 off of me, and they were apologetic for the matchmaking and quitter, but doesn't really ease the wound of getting screwed on your last match because Bungie decided to pair you with solos who weren't on a Flawless card, let alone actually at match 7 (quitter was on win 5 with no Flawless, other team-mate was already 7 wins no Flawless). Please Bungo, make this matchmaking less painful.

Edit: scuffed out more wins and finally got the Flawless Seal, though! So small favors, and now I don't need to care about the title grind!

Zombie Gandhi on
  • Options
    1Vwy06Gh.jpg
    Exodus Crash solo GM seemed doable, and it was!

This one was way harder than the other two GMs I did. Getting to the boss isn't too awful outside of dealing with oh so many overload captains at once during the plate capture sequence. But the boss fight itself, even with Stag cheese, is a nightmare-and-a-half.

I ran an auto for anti-barrier, Le Monarque for overloads and AoE/DoT damage, and the solar caster sword almost entirely for damage reduction and third-person peeking for survivability in the boss room.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    I hate Exodus Crash regular...with a group. JFC

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I did the 1350 last night and even that was incredibly annoying. That boss room just sucks so bad lol

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    So some stuff for the anniversary expansion has leaked...
    looks like at the very least we got some Halo gun skins! The AR and Carbine can be seen on guardians in some promo shots. They also uploaded an unlisted trailer which hasn't been seen yet. So maybe Halo Pistol Exotic is still in? This definitely makes me want it lmao

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    It’s super interesting to have this release the day before infinite. Like are they just banking on players playing both?

Weird to lean into your biggest competitor when you have competing releases.

616610-1.png
  • Options
    Bungie has always been really friendly towards 343 (though I imagine it's a bit awkward with stuff like former Bungie folks finding a place over there)