As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The newest action figures (and other toys) thread (NSF56k)

• HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    I was looking for upgrade kits for Volcanicus (still stupid expensive) and found this hilariously mistransformed PotP version on ebay:
    s-l1600.jpg

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    That’s a bit more bearable for the train, but still an easy pass for me

I didn’t get the PotP dinos, so these SS dinobots are definite pickups. They’re mostly just what I’ve wanted, not quite MP detail (or cost!), just big solid toys. My only real complaint are the accessories, these barely articulated companions are lame and a waste. Should’ve had more weapons instead

*toyDLC*

I also have the 3P upgrades for Volcanius, so.. unique enough for me! :D

(And yes, the cubes are tempting as hell.)

I mean, yeah, I have that preordered, but I also feel like I probably shouldn’t need to double the price of the figure just to get some decent accessories

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Heffling wrote: »
    I was looking for upgrade kits for Volcanicus (still stupid expensive) and found this hilariously mistransformed PotP version on ebay:
    s-l1600.jpg

Oh hey, its The Beast!

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Super hyped for Macross fans in the US. This is the first "Worldwide" release of a Valkyrie toy outside of Asia.

https://toydojo.com/products/dx-chogokin-macross-vf-25-messiah-valkyrie-worldwide-anniversary-edition-macross-frontier

This is just the first US Seller who posted a pre-order for it. Normally we would have to stay up till 4PM Japan time which meant midnight (or 11) PST or worse, 3 AM EST just to fight for pre-orders selling out in seconds or minutes from Japanese sites. This one isn't in any show, but it is a version of the Hero Valkyrie in Macross Frontier.

I'm jazzed that this is the results of Big West and Harmony Gold settling. Bandai did mention that they are working on the YF-19 as well.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Wow that's sexy. I've never watched Macross but do enjoy the toys

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    (And yes, the cubes are tempting as hell.)
    ::sweating:: Uh yeah, tempting, ahah
    5qP0OVkl.jpg

A-ha-ha

ha ha

haaaaaaaa

edited November 2021

Yep, I love the Valkyries even if I didn't see the show.

https://www.thechosenprime.com/bsdcvf25messiahvalkyrie
    https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/186531
    https://www.usagundamstore.com/collections/new/products/macross-frontier-dx-chogokin-vf-25-messiah-valkyrie-worldwide-anniversary-ver

More links to tempt people. Hahahaha. I'm just super happy to see all these order pages up on regular shops.

Edit: In this case I did see the show (which is currently on YouTube uploaded by a fan).

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    Sorry to double post, but just saw this.

G1 Reissue Blaster from Walmart for $18.99.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Transformers-Vintage-G1-Autobot-Blaster-Collectible-Action-Figure-and-Weapon-Accessory/518556967

This is their exclusive from last year or so (time is fuzzy when they launched him). A great deal for anyone interested in the G1 Transformer.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Been hearing rumors that Walmart.com has the Ark on sale too

Edit: it’s true

Nobody on
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I wish it was a more iconic Valkyrie.

I have my YF-19 preorder with HLJ still sitting out there for $300, and I keep telling myself I should cancel it...

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    I wish it was a more iconic Valkyrie.

I have my YF-19 preorder with HLJ still sitting out there for $300, and I keep telling myself I should cancel it...

I'll probably cancel my Arcadia YF-19 over at HLJ when Bandai puts up the pre-orders for theirs here in the states. Just knowing that it is going to be available here makes me want to cancel my pre-order right now (especially since it is now delayed till 2022).

Sorry all for my seriously geeking out about the Macross stuff.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Sorry all for my seriously geeking out about the Macross stuff.
    Please don't apologize for posting about action figures in the action figure thread.

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Could be worse... you could be taking pictures of your efforts to organize your toys in some vain attempt at parting with them...

EclZiG2l.jpg

( https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Obi-BqP9xg_lv3RyX-XJH7ZXtb1KNTHKlGLStCykmH8/edit?usp=sharing )

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    I'm jealous of the polybag lego tie bomber I see in the pic. I wish I had like a dozen of those (and other fighters).

I'm jealous of the polybag lego tie bomber I see in the pic. I wish I had like a dozen of those (and other fighters).

I didn't even notice that. Now I have to go look it up and the build instructions to see if I can recreate them. Hahaha.

I was jealous of you trying to organize all of your possible adoptions. I didn't even get that far, just placed the bots I am selling aside and made a list in notepad. Speaking of that, anybody really into Soul Caliber IV or know anybody really into the game? I have a mini figure of Talim that apparently came with my copy of the game. Willing to give it away to anyone if they pay shipping.

oosik_betsuni.png

I have a lot of love of the Star Wars vehicles, so I picked up.. quite a few of those. They are in various states of disrepair, but I assume the printings on them make them valuable (as the most unique parts).

• HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    Super hyped for Macross fans in the US. This is the first "Worldwide" release of a Valkyrie toy outside of Asia.

https://toydojo.com/products/dx-chogokin-macross-vf-25-messiah-valkyrie-worldwide-anniversary-edition-macross-frontier

This is just the first US Seller who posted a pre-order for it. Normally we would have to stay up till 4PM Japan time which meant midnight (or 11) PST or worse, 3 AM EST just to fight for pre-orders selling out in seconds or minutes from Japanese sites. This one isn't in any show, but it is a version of the Hero Valkyrie in Macross Frontier.

I'm jazzed that this is the results of Big West and Harmony Gold settling. Bandai did mention that they are working on the YF-19 as well.

https://www.usagundamstore.com/collections/new/products/macross-frontier-dx-chogokin-vf-25-messiah-valkyrie-worldwide-anniversary-ver

More links to tempt people. Hahahaha. I'm just super happy to see all these order pages up on regular shops.

Edit: In this case I did see the show (which is currently on YouTube uploaded by a fan).

I love the VF-25, and loved Frontier. I wish it was in a color scheme from the show, but as this is my first chance at a valk at any reasonable price, I went ahead and pre-ordered.

I'll take what I can get.

I will also buy every other one as they release them. SO excited.

This is going to be terrible for my wallet.

If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

HexDex wrote: »

I love the VF-25, and loved Frontier. I wish it was in a color scheme from the show, but as this is my first chance at a valk at any reasonable price, I went ahead and pre-ordered.

I'll take what I can get.

I will also buy every other one as they release them. SO excited.

This is going to be terrible for my wallet.

Yep, I am going to be your wallet's worst nightmare! Yeah I wish it was a show version VF-25, but I am just happy to get a MSRP VF-25 at this point so didn't care as well. It makes me so happy to see that they are still available for pre-order as well. Wonder how well they will do for the YF-19 or any other more famous Valkyrie other than a random one.

Anyways, I wanted to share new photos of my Masterpiece MP-49 Black Convoy (or Nemesis Prime). A guy on TFW Forums made his toy head for his MP-44 (Optimus Prime) and painted one up to match this version.

MP-49_Nemesis_Alt_01.jpg

MP-49_Nemesis_Alt_02.jpg

MP-49_Nemesis_Alt_03.jpg

MP-49_Nemesis_Alt_06.jpg

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I'm a sucker for a black Optimus

I’m irked I always seem to miss out on Nemesis Prime whenever he’s out (or miss out on him at a decent price point). Pretty much the only version of Optimus I’m interested in.

There are some shops that still have this version in stock, except not sure if you want to pay about $250 for it.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Nobody wrote: »
    I’m irked I always seem to miss out on Nemesis Prime whenever he’s out (or miss out on him at a decent price point). Pretty much the only version of Optimus I’m interested in.

I don't think I will ever part with my RID Scourge, the "OG" Nemesis Prime - that was a repaint of G2 Laser Optimus Prime.

... soooo, color prototypes of the last of the 3P trainbots are out, so we can compare the official and 3P Shouki.

I'm still unbelievably torn. The 3P one looks very blocky, which I guess is to be expected, but comes with a massive array of weapons. It also has a bit of kibble to complete the look. The official one.. doesn't appear to yet.

https://news.tfw2005.com/2021/11/24/moon-studio-ms-03-iron-arm-g1-shouki-and-ms-04-moon-shine-g1-kaen-color-prototypes-445421

edited November 2021
    @Nobody Heads-up: Toy Dojo just put up their Black Friday sale, and they've got Nemesis Prime for $220, which I think is the cheapest I've ever seen him:
    https://toydojo.com/collections/black-friday/products/transformers-masterpiece-mp-49-black-convoy-black-friday-sale

EDIT: My finger slipped a few times in a row and I ordered one for myself.

Delduwath on
    I dunno if you folks are looking to shred some of your money, but major action figure stores are having some OK-to-decent sales right now. I'll also give some personal recommendations of items that I own (based on price being reasonable):

TFSource - They've been doing a sale all week, where each day has a selection of items (usually by company), but today is just... all the things from the previous days all at once. Note that some of the items are "discounted" from TFSource's previously-inflated price, so... may not be an actual savings. Some of the items are pretty decent, though. My personal recommendations are Mastermind Creations Saltus Alternative (the "Alternative" means it's a slight recolor of the original release), NewAge Haraldr, Fans Toys Smokey + Dunerider + Quietus + the Insecticons (Forager, Mercenary, Grenadier) + definitely Stomp and Soar

ToyDojo - Small selection, but some nice items. Personal recommendations: MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron, NewAge Cyclops gray version (if you liked the gray Radio Shack version of Shockwave), NewAge Darius, potentially MP-49 Black Convoy (I only just ordered him, but I have MP-44 Optimus and I like him a lot)

The Chosen Prime - A ton of items with tiny discounts. TBH I'm too lazy to scroll through all of it for recommendations.

Big Bad Toy Store - Pretty tiny selection, nothing jumps out at me.

Delduwath wrote: »
    I dunno if you folks are looking to shred some of your money, but major action figure stores are having some OK-to-decent sales right now. I'll also give some personal recommendations of items that I own (based on price being reasonable):

TFSource - They've been doing a sale all week, where each day has a selection of items (usually by company), but today is just... all the things from the previous days all at once. Note that some of the items are "discounted" from TFSource's previously-inflated price, so... may not be an actual savings. Some of the items are pretty decent, though. My personal recommendations are Mastermind Creations Saltus Alternative (the "Alternative" means it's a slight recolor of the original release), NewAge Haraldr, Fans Toys Smokey + Dunerider + Quietus + the Insecticons (Forager, Mercenary, Grenadier) + definitely Stomp and Soar

ToyDojo - Small selection, but some nice items. Personal recommendations: MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron, NewAge Cyclops gray version (if you liked the gray Radio Shack version of Shockwave), NewAge Darius, potentially MP-49 Black Convoy (I only just ordered him, but I have MP-44 Optimus and I like him a lot)

The Chosen Prime - A ton of items with tiny discounts. TBH I'm too lazy to scroll through all of it for recommendations.

Thanks for the links. I just picked up Saltus from Toy Dojo instead of TFSource. Also picked up the New Age Lucifer transparent as my "ghost Starscream" to get free shipping.

oosik_betsuni.png

Thanks for the links. I just picked up Saltus from Toy Dojo instead of TFSource. Also picked up the New Age Lucifer transparent as my "ghost Starscream" to get free shipping.
    Nice! I don't have any feelings about Springer, really, so I wasn't expecting to like Saltus; I grabbed it mostly because it popped up at a reasonable price a while after it was sold out at most places, and I thought the toy looked kinda neat. Some FOMO, for sure. But then, I ended up kinda loving it! No good for anyone who wants show-accuracy from the alt mode, because the designers explicitly thought the car mode was kinda goofy (I agree, personally), and opted to make the car mode a bit more substantial and intimidating, but very obviously harkening back to the on-screen version in terms of visual design cues. I like this version of the car mode way more than the traditional G1 version. Also, for a triple-changer, the transformation is really intuitive and enjoyable (by contrast, Fans Toys Apache's transformation looks pretty grueling, based on videos).

My only gripe with the toy (and this is reflected in most people's opinions of him as well) is that he's a big heavy boy, but his knees are not ratcheted. Not only that, but they're actually a hair looser than you'd like. That part is actually pretty easy to fix - pop off the screw covers on the inside thighs just above the knees, tighten the screws, now you're good - but I imagine that they'll loosen again over time if you pose him a lot. They just should have done ratchets, there was no reason not to.

You'd asked me about NewAge's transparent Lucifer (Starscream) some time ago, and I didn't get back to you in a timely manner; my apologies :sad: Yeah, I do have him (alongside the non-transparent version), and I still think it's one of NewAge's best molds, and the transparent effect is really quite striking. I know that transparent plastic has this bad reputation, like it'll crack and splinter if you look at it wrong, but NA seems to have done a good job figuring out the right chemical mix. They do a transparent version of basically every mold they put out, and I've read that some of their earlier transparent figures were prone to breakage - but that most of their later ones hold up well. I know you have their yellow Seeker version, but I can't remember if you have a regular version of their Starscream. If not, you're gonna have to get it, buddy, because the transparent Lucifer comes with Starscream's coronation regalia (plastic cape made of 3 parts, Starscream head with a crown molded onto it). You can't just shove than in a drawer, right?! Obviously you will need one regular Lucifer to represent pre-coronation Starscream, and a second copy to stick the coronation doodads onto

Nice! I don't have any feelings about Springer, really, so I wasn't expecting to like Saltus; I grabbed it mostly because it popped up at a reasonable price a while after it was sold out at most places, and I thought the toy looked kinda neat. Some FOMO, for sure. But then, I ended up kinda loving it! No good for anyone who wants show-accuracy from the alt mode, because the designers explicitly thought the car mode was kinda goofy (I agree, personally), and opted to make the car mode a bit more substantial and intimidating, but very obviously harkening back to the on-screen version in terms of visual design cues. I like this version of the car mode way more than the traditional G1 version. Also, for a triple-changer, the transformation is really intuitive and enjoyable (by contrast, Fans Toys Apache's transformation looks pretty grueling, based on videos).

My only gripe with the toy (and this is reflected in most people's opinions of him as well) is that he's a big heavy boy, but his knees are not ratcheted. Not only that, but they're actually a hair looser than you'd like. That part is actually pretty easy to fix - pop off the screw covers on the inside thighs just above the knees, tighten the screws, now you're good - but I imagine that they'll loosen again over time if you pose him a lot. They just should have done ratchets, there was no reason not to.

You'd asked me about NewAge's transparent Lucifer (Starscream) some time ago, and I didn't get back to you in a timely manner; my apologies :sad: Yeah, I do have him (alongside the non-transparent version), and I still think it's one of NewAge's best molds, and the transparent effect is really quite striking. I know that transparent plastic has this bad reputation, like it'll crack and splinter if you look at it wrong, but NA seems to have done a good job figuring out the right chemical mix. They do a transparent version of basically every mold they put out, and I've read that some of their earlier transparent figures were prone to breakage - but that most of their later ones hold up well. I know you have their yellow Seeker version, but I can't remember if you have a regular version of their Starscream. If not, you're gonna have to get it, buddy, because the transparent Lucifer comes with Starscream's coronation regalia (plastic cape made of 3 parts, Starscream head with a crown molded onto it). You can't just shove than in a drawer, right?! Obviously you will need one regular Lucifer to represent pre-coronation Starscream, and a second copy to stick the coronation doodads onto

Yeah, it was your gentle prodding that got me to finally pull the trigger on Springer. Ok, well that and watching the movie twice recently where there is a lot of Springer this and Springer that. So I felt that I should get a Springer to go with my Arcee and Hot Rod. In fact I have a plan that I want to do when I get this version of Springer in that 99% of the photos of Hot Rod, Springer, and Arcee don't do (ok, more like 100%). Thanks for the head's up on the knees. That will be my first fix (which will last a while) since I do transform my toys at least once if not more. More if they are fun to fiddle with and transform. Speaking of which, I hope you enjoy your MP-49 since I transform that guy a lot. His knees are annoying to me since they changed them from MP-44, but doesn't distract from the fun of fiddling with the mold since there is little to no paint on him.

Hahahaha, I see what you are doing there. I don't have a regular version of the Starscream for the coronation gear. If anything I might pop them onto the yellow seeker to be funny. As a toy collector I have always had this interest in clear toys, especially transforming ones to see how they work. So this should be fun AND doubles as a ghost Starscream. Too bad I don't have any transparent Decepticon stickers to put on him. Although I have been lazy lately and not giving any of my 3P stuff faction stickers. Knowing me, I'll probably end up buying a regular Starscream to use that head and cape properly. :P

oosik_betsuni.png
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    I make it pretty obvious that I mostly only ever buy Smart Doll brand BJDs. It's not even that I've never looked at other brands, it's that most of them are just really not made in a style that I like. The prevailing trend in BJDs is to have these super-serious Drama boys and Tragic girls that all look like they're about to burst into tears, which is extremely not my jam.

So normally I see photos of other brands out there and immediately forget about them. But today someone on the BJD subreddit posted a picture to ask if someone could identify a doll and for the first time I thought it was cute enough to look at the link that someone posted directing to the store where it's purchased: NSFW due to doll nudity. Now I think I want to get me one of those cuties! They could be like a (non-human?) little sister to one of my Smart Dolls. If/when I do buy one, it will be my first resin doll.

That store also this guy (completely different brand, this store sells multiple doll brands) who I kind of dig for looking like a complete lunatic, but maybe just a little too creepy for me. Although I might be tempted if the paper-white doll was available instead of the "normal skin" variety.

Anyway it's not like I can purchase any dolls right now anyway since I'm trying to hold off until we have a new house. But it's fun to think about.

Those really are cute, and hopefully you can resist since I'm sure they're also very expensive. Well at least till you have expendable money again.

The one they are selling (NSFW) comes with a unicorn horn and I just, ugh, I need it.

I have been paring down my Smart Doll collection a bit so I'm not quite so buried in dolls so... room for an 17in doll among my 24in dolls! (no I haven't bought it yet. But I might)

Of course the irritating thing is that I don't have any wigs, eyes or clothes in that doll size and that doll comes with none of those things*, so the sticker price isn't even all of it.

*ok it does come with a wig, but it's a resin wig. And while resin wigs look more anime, I still prefer synthetic-hair wigs that flow and can be brushed.

Sadly this doll is out of stock now, but I couldn't really justify buying a doll while we're in the middle of a house purchase. Maybe I'll find her again later. :(

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
    I make it pretty obvious that I mostly only ever buy Smart Doll brand BJDs. It's not even that I've never looked at other brands, it's that most of them are just really not made in a style that I like. The prevailing trend in BJDs is to have these super-serious Drama boys and Tragic girls that all look like they're about to burst into tears, which is extremely not my jam.

So normally I see photos of other brands out there and immediately forget about them. But today someone on the BJD subreddit posted a picture to ask if someone could identify a doll and for the first time I thought it was cute enough to look at the link that someone posted directing to the store where it's purchased: NSFW due to doll nudity. Now I think I want to get me one of those cuties! They could be like a (non-human?) little sister to one of my Smart Dolls. If/when I do buy one, it will be my first resin doll.

That store also this guy (completely different brand, this store sells multiple doll brands) who I kind of dig for looking like a complete lunatic, but maybe just a little too creepy for me. Although I might be tempted if the paper-white doll was available instead of the "normal skin" variety.

Anyway it's not like I can purchase any dolls right now anyway since I'm trying to hold off until we have a new house. But it's fun to think about.

Those really are cute, and hopefully you can resist since I'm sure they're also very expensive. Well at least till you have expendable money again.

The one they are selling (NSFW) comes with a unicorn horn and I just, ugh, I need it.

I have been paring down my Smart Doll collection a bit so I'm not quite so buried in dolls so... room for an 17in doll among my 24in dolls! (no I haven't bought it yet. But I might)

Of course the irritating thing is that I don't have any wigs, eyes or clothes in that doll size and that doll comes with none of those things*, so the sticker price isn't even all of it.

*ok it does come with a wig, but it's a resin wig. And while resin wigs look more anime, I still prefer synthetic-hair wigs that flow and can be brushed.

Sadly this doll is out of stock now, but I couldn't really justify buying a doll while we're in the middle of a house purchase. Maybe I'll find her again later. :(

Bummer. Well since you made a good decision, and you keep on getting those chaos boxes, maybe one day you'll get enough parts to make one. Either that or trade for one.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular

Bummer. Well since you made a good decision, and you keep on getting those chaos boxes, maybe one day you'll get enough parts to make one. Either that or trade for one.

I just realized the alt head version is still in stock and now I'm going to obsess over that one, ha ha.

And yeah, I'm still making a pretty good profit on those chaos boxes, but I'm saving that for moving so even that I can't really justify for dolls. Siiiiiiiigh.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Sorry for the late heads-up, but Rodimus Prime is on sale for $57 instead of $85... for about 2 more hours

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    BBTS had 3 of the Glacialord set on sale at deep discounts, like, $11.99-$14.99

Only problem is you need all 5, and two of them are MIA (I dug around), so while I was seriously tempted, I couldn’t justify getting stuck with a partial set.

Which leads me to ask…what happened with the other two? Did somebody seriously troop build with only some of the limbs for a combiner?

• valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    I've been a big fan of GI Joe since I was a kid in the 80's. I'm still working on completing my Marvel Comics series collection. But in 2000 or so, my ex-wife convinced me to give all my old GI Joe toys to Goodwill. 'Cause only kids kept toys. (She was pretty toxic, turned out. ) I've regretted it ever since.

I often peruse the toy aisles just to see what's up, and noticed the 25th series a while back, thought they were cool, then the movie happened and toys took a big nosedive, imo. Lately, I was talking to a coworker and he was talking about the Classified series and I noticed the Retro line that Walmart has.

One thing led to another, and now I'm trying to eBay stuff I missed and contemplating trying to replace all my old toys with as many modern equivalents as I can.
    524pjcejbdkr.jpg

valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
    On the subject of other ridiculously expensive dolls that are on my target list, I've started to get interested in a brand called Iplehouse. If ya'll that I was crazy because of how much money I spend on Smart Doll... wooosh, Iplehouse is just nuts.

For example, this will probably be the first one I buy, when I can afford it. If you go for all the cheapest options on an Iplehouse doll, you get a doll that is unpainted and might not have a very colorful skin tone. The "cheap" resin options are white (literally colorless) and "normal" which is just enough shades above white to be an actual human skin tone, but the kind of blinding skin tone you expect to see in far northern European countries. Anything more colorful than that costs extra. If you want the face to be painted, that too requires an extra cost. There are also body type options that I won't get into, but the newer body types are nicer - though the mobility add-on is down to whether you want the doll to be more posable or to not have a seam in the middle of the thigh.

The doll I want to create will be based on a character from a manhwa I'm reading who just happens to be very pale with freckles so actually 'normal' skin will work for me! However, if you look at the drop down, they have a choice for "Glow Normal" and when I buy this doll I'll certainly choose that one, because (based on photos) the "glow" resins are made to look more translucent like human skin so yeah, preferable to me since they don't use vinyl like Danny does. With the sale on right now I could get that doll for around $637. But the shipping is murder, and I'd have to buy a wig, too. Another one for the "maybe next year" pile.

Only problem is you need all 5, and two of them are MIA (I dug around), so while I was seriously tempted, I couldn’t justify getting stuck with a partial set.

Which leads me to ask…what happened with the other two? Did somebody seriously troop build with only some of the limbs for a combiner?
    Those three have been on a BBTS sale every time there's a major clearance, although this is by far the cheapest they've ever been, practically free (all things considered, especially given how unique a set this is in the history of 3rd party Transformers). And, yeah, I'm also completely puzzled by why they've only had three this whole time. The Chosen Prime also has some inventory from this set - but it's also these three figures! RoboToyBase has the whole set for sale right now, but not nearly as cheap ($120 for the whole set), and their shipping costs just about as much as the price of the figures themselves.

Those three have been on a BBTS sale every time there's a major clearance, although this is by far the cheapest they've ever been, practically free (all things considered, especially given how unique a set this is in the history of 3rd party Transformers). And, yeah, I'm also completely puzzled by why they've only had three this whole time. The Chosen Prime also has some inventory from this set - but it's also these three figures! RoboToyBase has the whole set for sale right now, but not nearly as cheap ($120 for the whole set), and their shipping costs just about as much as the price of the figures themselves.

I know that the limbs are focused so that certain ones only become arms and the others are only legs, wondering if you can double up on the limbs and just have it mirror both sides

I know that the limbs are focused so that certain ones only become arms and the others are only legs, wondering if you can double up on the limbs and just have it mirror both sides
    As far as I can tell, it looks the arms can only be arms and the legs can only be legs (although I won't claim this with 100% certainty), but the pegs look universal otherwise. I think you can easily have two of the same leg, and the only issue with having two of the same arm is that one fist will be backwards (but you can maybe disguise it by sticking a weapon in there or something?). As it happens, BBTS has the torso, a leg, and an arm in stock; I'm pretty sure you can put together a whole combined mode using that (with one reversed fist).

It’s “scramble city” so arms and legs are interchangeable

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    I really want to open all those GI Joe figures and vehicles.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
    Anybody here was on the fence for the Dracula Transformer? Target has it on sale today for $25.19.
    https://www.target.com/p/transformers-collaborative-universal-monsters-dracula-mash-up-draculus/-/A-84260299

I'm not into Dracula, but seriously tempted since I like the Headmaster toy.

oosik_betsuni.png