As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Final Fantasy the 14th: End of the World Starts Now!

• darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Got my Blue mage to 50 going to start grabbing some more skills from the earlier dungeons and will continue to level them up making the whole process easier.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    oylqicgp8xds.png

uh so does anyone know how to decorate a house

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Step 1) Buy 200 Giant Beaver Burger Sets.

Step 2) Place them randomly about the house.

Step 3) Admire.

• QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Here's the housing resource I use:
    https://hgxiv.com/

• GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    That's a great name and also a great site.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
    Their linked google docs are very expansive.

• CeeCee Registered User regular
    way late to the party for showing off glamour, but i think i finally settled on the canonical looks for my three favorite jobs going into endwalker -
    LvfVEmL.png

bard, red mage, and samurai, respectively
    now to agonize over which job to actually level up first!

• darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    ill be diving right into Sage as soon as endwalker hits, going to need actual healer mains and not just some Johnny come lately sages to do the content :D once I figure out the class of course... DPS healing all the time is going to be interesting.

In the meantime been outfitting my Blue Mage with poetic gear and will try to level them up to 70 by the end of the weekend, of course if anyone on Crystal/Goblin wants to help me speed that up send me a PM :D

As well for queuing up in roulettes have been on my 60 something Astro which has been fun, just did the void ark raid line. Still sort of want to level up a tank but it can wait.

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I'll probably main Paladin for the MSQ, but leveling Sage feels like a strong contender for leveling on the side. I like Scholar, but the fairy has some issues and I'm not a huge fan of the aetherflow mechanic - I tend to either sit on charges for way too long, or not have charges when I need them because people pitch a tent in the fire.

Sage looks more balanced with getting a charge every 20 seconds instead.

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    I'll probably main Paladin for the MSQ, but leveling Sage feels like a strong contender for leveling on the side. I like Scholar, but the fairy has some issues and I'm not a huge fan of the aetherflow mechanic - I tend to either sit on charges for way too long, or not have charges when I need them because people pitch a tent in the fire.

I'm not saying you're wrong for feeling this way but 1/20 is just worse than 3/60. It might feel smoother, but it's less flexible with no upside.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    admanb wrote: »

I'm not saying you're wrong for feeling this way but 1/20 is just worse than 3/60. It might feel smoother, but it's less flexible with no upside.

Dissipation for emergency charges too.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular

Yup. Also, I play with Aetherflow as I want to have burned my last of the three charges right as Aetherflow itself comes back off cooldown at the end of the minute. And yes, that means I dump charges into Energy Drain if I haven't had to use charges on healing.

steam_sig.png
  • LD50LD50 Registered User regular

Yup. Also, I play with Aetherflow as I want to have burned my last of the three charges right as Aetherflow itself comes back off cooldown at the end of the minute. And yes, that means I dump charges into Energy Drain if I haven't had to use charges on healing.

All aetherflow charges should be spent on energy drain ideally.

• NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    My canon WoL career path is Arcanist, Dragoon, Paladin at the point that sends most people to Dark Knight, flirts with Samurai during Stormblood but very pointedly does not use it in the megaweeb's presence, then fully embraces it during Shadowbringers.

My current bunnyboy trajectory is Archer, Machinist after meeting WoL in post-HW, Dark Knight at the start of Shadowbringers.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt

Ditto -- dump charges to prepare for Aetherflow coming off CD. I've also been pretty bad at using Dissipation, like... ever, though I can't claim I've healed any challenging content. Haven't really healed any level 80 content so I haven't used Seraph either.

Sage gets a handy recharge bar in the job gauge, so it's easy to dump a charge into something if I'm about to waste recharging. It seems like the playstyle of healing by doing damage is just what I want, I really loved the Chloromancer soul in Rift, that had tons of healing while dealing damage.

I do hope I like sage more than I am currently liking sch. I expect not having the jankyness of pet heals and that whole side of the toolkit will help.

• BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    I'm switching to sage for the gap closer.

The other stuff looks nice, but that extra mobility on a healer is everything I wanted.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    LD50 wrote: »

this is why they shouldn't have put energy drain back in

BahamutZERO.gif
    I'm going to continue MSQ on ninja, but I'm debating changing from Viera. It was nice for Shadowbringer, but I want hats back :C

• McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Bard catboi since ARR dropped, bard catboi till they stop supporting the game. I'm boring like that. Will likely level up sage and reaper though.

steam_sig.png
  • ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

Dissipation for emergency charges too.

Well, Sage has Rizomata. Granted, it's only 1 on a 90s CD, but there's no drawback.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    I don't know why all the handwringing about housing. Players asked for more realism so SE created a perfect simulation of the IRL housing market.

Got a bit tired of the Bonewicca caster chest I got from the dungeon real properlike a couple of days before I started seeing it everywhere, so I cobbled together this after desync farming AV for a bit. Robe and boots from AV, legs/hands are Bonewicca caster set.

dd4f3c2bop7p.png

Got a bit tired of the Bonewicca caster chest I got from the dungeon real properlike a couple of days before I started seeing it everywhere, so I cobbled together this after desync farming AV for a bit. Robe and boots from AV, legs/hands are Bonewicca caster set.

dd4f3c2bop7p.png

Huh, they made a caster version of that torso? I just recall it as a crafted healer piece from Stormblood.

• Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2021
    Dwyre wrote: »
    way late to the party for showing off glamour, but i think i finally settled on the canonical looks for my three favorite jobs going into endwalker -
    LvfVEmL.png

bard, red mage, and samurai, respectively
    now to agonize over which job to actually level up first!

Yay, Brown Cat brigade!
    szrhmua.png

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Wait, what's AV? Not Aurum Vale, surely.

• GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    The point is that there is no way to have outdoor shared housing spaces with other players and not have the supply be limited, because spinning up that many instances constantly requires server infrastructure. Apartments are loaded on demand so you can essentially add as many of them as you want, but even a single person zoning into a housing Ward loads every single house into that instance.

Right, I guess what I meant was I (personally) would appreciate having my own outdoor space to decorate/do the other outdoor activities in and don’t really care about sharing that space with others. I’m hoping that’s kind of what the new island stuff is, but I guess we’ll see.

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Delzhand wrote: »
    that is 100% the caster top from aurum vale.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    there's some ARR armour that'll surprise you now and then with how functional and pleasant it is in the glamour department

liEt3nH.png
    heenato wrote: »

They went back and used recolors of existing stuff to create more sets for the ARR leveling dungeons instead of that pink gear nonsense, iirc.

• DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Oh! I didn't know that. Makes sense though.

LD50 wrote: »

this is why they shouldn't have put energy drain back in

I have some pretty strong feelings on the healing gameplay in XIV. I'm going to hold off on complaining until I can see what sage plays like.

• ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Speaking glamours, I've been working on a SMN glamour based on the big boy, Bahamut. This is what I've got right now.

zi6pvex7yoti.png

I'm trying to find a good headpiece for it that attempts to replicate Bahamut's horns/crown thingy. I'm torn between the Caller's Horn, Augmented Hailstorm Crown of Casting, and Republican Signifier's Horns. Any suggestions?

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
    Polaritie wrote: »
    heenato wrote: »

They went back and used recolors of existing stuff to create more sets for the ARR leveling dungeons instead of that pink gear nonsense, iirc.

I think it was when they added the end of dungeon guaranteed drops on leveling dungeons, yeah.

• GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    That is a very rad look.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    after a lot of trial and error, about thirty designed sets, and a LOT of party findering of old content to collect various items to try out, I've finally settled on what I think will be my Endwalker MSQ glamour

A touch of fantasy, a touch of combat, a touch of paladin class fantasy, and a touch of limsa appeal

c2vio8peuz23.png

• RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    My friends had their wedding the other day in game.

I decided it was time to bust the suit out of the armoire and head to see what a wedding was like and get the minions.
    r3GWpv6.jpg
    I am the dark-haired lala front right

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    this game really makes me want to hit Proceed to Purchase

cnm35wkrznlt.png

• EvermournEvermourn Registered User regular
    Please don't show me that, I've never been to the store. I really want the glow sticks emote.

• OldSlackerOldSlacker Registered User regular
    I see glowsticks used all the time in large crowds. Is the Mogstation the only way to get that or a similar emote?

This discussion has been closed.