As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NFL] Thread: Denver Gets That Tall Pocket Passer They've Been Missing

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    It's very funny that Garrett lasted seven years as a HC of the Cowboys but couldn't last three as the OC of the Giants.

• MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Ursus wrote: »
    Rumor has it the Bears are dumping Nagy after Thanksgiving.

Which means the Lions will probably get their first win as Nagy is the petty kind of asshole that will throw a game out of spite.

How would you know the difference between spite and his incompetence?

• wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular

Which means the Lions will probably get their first win as Nagy is the petty kind of asshole that will throw a game out of spite.

Bold of you to think you can throw a game against the Lions

Psn:wazukki
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    MorganV wrote: »

"BREAKING NEWS: The #Giants are firing offensive coordinator Jason Garrett after 26 games in New York, according to a source."
    - Pat Leonard is the Giants beat writer for NY Daily News.

Can't say it's surprising, and I never had much faith in him as a coach, but also, it's one of those "that guy wasn't the sole reason you were losing" things.

Jason Garrett to USC, LSU, Florida, U of Miami, etc.

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    wazilla wrote: »

Bold of you to think you can throw a game against the Lions

Even Baker Mayfield couldn’t do it, though he can’t really throw anything these days

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    admanb wrote: »
    It's very funny that Garrett lasted seven years as a HC of the Cowboys but couldn't last three as the OC of the Giants.

Well in the first job he was the owner’s handpuppet o thst gives you a certain amount of job security

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    As a neutral observer, this is the first time I'll be excited for the T-day Detroit game. Nagy's vainglorious arrogance and general incompetence will be good to hate-watch

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • RedTideRedTide Registered User regular

"BREAKING NEWS: The #Giants are firing offensive coordinator Jason Garrett after 26 games in New York, according to a source."

Can't say it's surprising, and I never had much faith in him as a coach, but also, it's one of those "that guy wasn't the sole reason you were losing" things.

Oh Judge has shown himself incompetent this year in the same exact ways he was last year, which is problematic and should be gone at years end.

But as someone who hated this hire, this firing is at minimum 5 weeks too late. Jones and the offense look markedly worse under Garretts tenure (in almost nearly twice as many games over the last two years Jones has yet to meet his touchdown total from his first partial season).

Seriously he came out of his rookie year with a 2:1 td:int ratio and a fumbling problem. The fumbling has gotten better and everything else has gotten worse.

Gettleman should have been fired today as well.

Judge is coaching now for the opportunity of being fired by whoever the new GM is instead of summarily dismissed after the last game

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
    Eddy wrote: »
    As a neutral observer, this is the first time I'll be excited for the T-day Detroit game. Nagy's vainglorious arrogance and general incompetence will be good to hate-watch

Well also Tim Boyle vs Andy Dalton on a short week

• SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    For the record, I’ve been avoiding this thread because football is stupid and we are dumb for caring about it.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    i think the one that thing Kliff Kingsbury has demonstrated is even if a coach starts out with deficiencies they should be at least capable of improving on them year on year, especially with a minimally competent GM.

so Judge and Nagy are doomed.

"Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular

Not 1 called run all day. If the TE accidentally bumps into a defender, it will be the only time the Bears block with more than 5. Everybody, go deep.

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular

I'm furious that Sean Payton is ranked like 28th. He's got pretty eyes!

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular

I'm furious that Sean Payton is ranked like 28th. He's got pretty eyes!

gotta say strong showing for Andy Reid.

bad beats for riverboat, rhule and fangio though.

I think Kliff would top out if they used the picture of his supervillain lair from the 2020 draft. i mean it was a flex.

"Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular

He's not the only problem but this is the play that should get any struggling coordinator fired.

A reminder that it was 3rd and 2 and the Giants starting RB was a second overall pick.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
    Does Aaron Rodgers have COVID toe

• enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    You can't run into that formation.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.

Not my point. He called a play that practically ignores the most talented player on the field and that play is so poorly designed it resulted in three receivers congregating in the same area surrounded by linebackers. Garrett called a pass play that by design eliminates 4 of 5 possible targets against a zone defense.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
    edited November 2021

You can use motion to suss the coverage out or analytics on tendencies…Tampa knew the Giants would fall for their disguised coverage though because they knew the Giants’ tendencies

Also once the receivers saw it was zone, they can’t all just literally run into each other….and I’m not sure how that route works in man coverage anyway unless they were bunched for a rub route for someone?

Captain Inertia on
    Like I’m a football idiot…why don’t teams use more pre-snap motion? Is it literally the play callers/QB aren’t smart/good enough to do anything with what they see from the defense anyway, so just play out the script?

You need an cohesive offense that can communicate, audible, and modify the snap count on the fly to get clues from the defense. Pre-snap motion and reads require discipline which is not a luxury poorly coached teams enjoy.

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Marathon wrote: »

How would you know the difference between spite and his incompetence?

Lose a game? Incompetent coaching

Lose to the Lions? That’s spite.

I'm not sure anyone deserves to get fired but still forced to work on Thanksgiving

Butters wrote: »
    I'm not sure anyone deserves to get fired but still forced to work on Thanksgiving

Trump had to last year

• tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Like I’m a football idiot…why don’t teams use more pre-snap motion? Is it literally the play callers/QB aren’t smart/good enough to do anything with what they see from the defense anyway, so just play out the script?

You also have to be disciplined enough, or you end up getting a lot of false start penalties.

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular

You also have to be disciplined enough, or you end up getting a lot of false start penalties.

And Illegal Motion/Shift.

• RocketSauceRocketSauce Registered User regular
    I love how that was just a 3 man rush on a 3rd down play and they smoked em. This had to have been late game last attempt at a meaningless score type shit, but still. You've got a quarterback who can run, but not when two linemen get beat within a couple seconds by a single rusher and there's nowhere for Jones to go.

I love how that was just a 3 man rush on a 3rd down play and they smoked em. This had to have been late game last attempt at a meaningless score type shit, but still. You've got a quarterback who can run, but not when two linemen get beat within a couple seconds by a single rusher and there's nowhere for Jones to go.

The center was pass blocking nothing for more than a second before he adjusted to the fact that it was a disguised coverage, then tried to help on either Suh or Vea but they were already in Jones’s face

The line was also hilariously ill-equipped for this as well

This is a very exciting degree of displayed incompetence, like Anthony Lynn’s last-drive play calling last season

• dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    so charitable these behrs are
    giving the lions their first win

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    dlinfiniti wrote: »

Detroit defers. Chicago tries to defer too. So... neither want the ball.

"Winners always want the ball." - Jimmy McGinty, The Replacements.

This checks out.

• MarathonMarathon Registered User regular

They held a meeting to reassure the team that Nagy wouldn’t be fired. But maybe they should have waited.

Nagy fails to challenge a 22 yard missed spot.

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular

This checks out.

If you see a receiver on either team that looks like they just jacked-off an elephant, they'll probably win.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
    edited November 2021

This checks out.

If you see a receiver on either team that looks like they just jacked-off an elephant, they'll probably win.

Nan des' ka!
    Literally, "What is this?". Perfect description for this game.

ADDIT- Roquan Smith (CHI) and D'Andre Swift (DET) both appear to be injured. Two of the few bright spots playing in this game, and yeah, this is just garbage.

MorganV on
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Please take a pass rusher #1 next year Lions. Yikes.

Trajan45 on
    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Please take a pass rusher #1 next year Lions. Yikes.

Good news, the two best players in this draft are pass rushers. Bad news, it's the Lions so they'll talk themselves into Sam Howell instead.

Also, can we PLEASE get these refs in Ann Arbor Saturday? If Michigan could get these holding calls they'd be incredible on defense.

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular

This checks out.

Nan des' ka!
    Literally, "What is this?". Perfect description for this game.

https://youtu.be/QE4DHCz9brQ

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    At what point do you just punt since you keep backing up towards your endzone?

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
    Leading by 1, ten minutes to go.

1st and 10.
    2nd and 7.
    Penalty, false start (4th of the game)
    2nd and 12.
    Penalty, holding, offense.
    2nd and 22.
    Penalty, holding, offense.
    2nd and 32.
    Long throw, missed.
    3rd and 32.
    Short throw, fuck all gain.
    Punt.

The Lions season in a nutshell.

• zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    So the Lions Bears game is a glorious shitshow that regardless of the outcome should leave both teams embarassed?