As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Go find the new Cyberpunk thread

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    this jacket is tite too

usz7ans2ct78.png

EDIT: tho few people have as muhc swag as this npc

8dbj7nvgl1ge.png

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Eh I'm ok with a game not having the top tier equipment all be tacti-cool bro bullshit

• Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    Bigity wrote: »
    ?

This reminds me that one of the most annoying things with this game to me is most of it your char is either intentionally wearing gear that is low(er) level, or you look like some kind of insane clown hobo with random bits of luxury clothing, old hobo pants (like Terminator and Kyle Reese) and then maybe a military combat helmet. And then tennis shoes.

My V definitely ended up looking like Adam Jensen's homeless cousin.

• OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Eh I'm ok with a game not having the top tier equipment all be tacti-cool bro bullshit

I don't think anyone's arguing that at all! I think we're just expressing that it sucks that gear has bonuses that matter enough that it feels weird to try and dress fashionably and not just use whatever has the highest armor, the biggest bonuses, and the most mod slots

Which leads to me wearing slip-on pumps with my cargo pants and military helmet, at least before I used that balance overhaul mod

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • CornucopiistCornucopiist Registered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »

I don't think anyone's arguing that at all! I think we're just expressing that it sucks that gear has bonuses that matter enough that it feels weird to try and dress fashionably and not just use whatever has the highest armor, the biggest bonuses, and the most mod slots

Which leads to me wearing slip-on pumps with my cargo pants and military helmet, at least before I used that balance overhaul mod

Maybe it's because of my difficulty level, but I never have to worry about that. My character does just fine as long as I don't walk past opponents and get myself surrounded. I don't need the most badass gear, as long as I have at least some stuff with armor points. And the green arrow indicators make it easy to beef up quickly before a big fight.

It's all pretty moot while I'm stuck in FPV, anyway.

• klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    If you have stats on gear, some people will always be driven to max them no matter the consequences. Even if the difference is negligible.
    Behold, The Coolest Person in Night City:
    zg0zfshh6dhm.png

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Yeah that's why I'm glad games offer the ability to change the visuals of whatever you have equipped. Diablo 3 and Outriders spring to mind.

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Yeah, a lot of newer games have been giving you the option to swap skins of equipment which I like.

Let me have my booty shorts of ultimate defense.

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Luckily there's mods to functionally decouple appearance from stats...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
    edited November 2021

Yup console players get fucked again.

e: I do enjoy that modders are out there fixing this game for CDPR lol

urahonky on
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    i mean the gear doesnt really have meaningful stats

its got armour and mod slots and thats about it and its not like armour even really matters, especially if ur melee (idk if this has changed with patching but originally melee attacks ignored armour entirely)

i played on max difficulty and wore literally nothing but what i thought looked good the whole way through without a single problem, especially once i discovered that a bunch of the mods by default didnt work or didnt stack lol. if ur quickhacking u can play naked, obviously, and for every other build u should quite quickly reach a point where it just dont matter, not least because guns can roll dummy thicc mods later on making the relative benefits of crit / crit dmg on ur gear even lower (if ur gun has rolled 80% base crit, u really dont need that much crit from elsewhere... and if u can get 15% crit from an arm mod that isnt armour...)

this holds true for weapons as well i beat adam smasher to death with the dildo as a non-melee hacking build the game just doesnt really work functionally so dont sweat gear at all free urself from this mental prison the only virtue is style

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png

its got armour and mod slots and thats about it and its not like armour even really matters

i played on max difficulty and wore literally nothing but what i thought looked good the whole way through without a single problem, especially once i discovered that a bunch of the mods by default didnt work or didnt stack lol. if ur quickhacking u can play naked, obviously, and for every other build u should quite quickly reach a point where it just dont matter, not least because guns can roll dummy thicc mods later on making the relative benefits of crit / crit dmg on ur gear even lower (if ur gun has rolled 80% base crit, u really dont need that much crit from elsewhere... and if u can get 15% crit from an arm mod that isnt armour...)

this holds true for weapons as well i beat adam smasher to death with the dildo as a non-melee hacking build the game just doesnt really work functionally so dont sweat gear at all free urself from this mental prison the only virtue is style

It really depends on your build. If you go pure hacking, sure you can run completely nude. The game is completely broken with it.

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »

I mentioned this in another thread, but I think (well, hope) CDPR's strategy is to fix a bunch of shit at once, rather than go through it piecemeal.

edited November 2021

its got armour and mod slots and thats about it and its not like armour even really matters

It really depends on your build. If you go pure hacking, sure you can run completely nude. The game is completely broken with it.

true for literally every build. guns do infinite dps with base stats due to the completely broken crit scaling and various stupid effects, melee ditto, the time dilation effects are completely broken, etc

you can one shot the final boss with every archetype, and its not contingent on armour - only ever weapons and spec (and usually a couple gear mods but again, almost all armour has mod slots) eg comrades hammer and so on

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
    Fencingsax wrote: »

I mentioned this in another thread, but I think (well, hope) CDPR's strategy is to fix a bunch of shit at once, rather than go through it piecemeal.

Yeah that doesn't really make any sense. It's a bad strategy... You might as well get things fixed ASAP instead of waiting over a year to fix the problems lol

its got armour and mod slots and thats about it and its not like armour even really matters, especially if ur melee (idk if this has changed with patching but originally melee attacks ignored armour entirely)

There's mods to fix all that, though. :D

Unless you're a console player. In which case... welp. :lol:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular

Yeah that doesn't really make any sense. It's a bad strategy... You might as well get things fixed ASAP instead of waiting over a year to fix the problems lol

I mean, the other option is how Marvel's Avengers is doing it, and that doesn't seem a success to me

edited November 2021
    ya im just saying that broadly if ur playing the vanilla game on console u really dont need to sweat the small stuff - its quite freeing from a character design perspective. this is true even of build more broadly, where on a build with no shooting or melee points you can still beat ass or fuck people up with guns because the design of the systems is simply so unconstrained and incompetent lol

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png

I mean, the other option is how Marvel's Avengers is doing it, and that doesn't seem a success to me

I think the optics are bad either way but at least if they piecemeal the fixes then it looks like they give a shit about fixing it haha

But the numbers.
    I don't care if it works out to an extra 1hp of protection every 100 bullets, this has a higher number than that, ergo my OCD demands that I wear it.

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular

I think the optics are bad either way but at least if they piecemeal the fixes then it looks like they give a shit about fixing it haha

Unless they do stupid shit like require more XP to level up and then start selling XP boosters.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    klemming wrote: »
    But the numbers.
    I don't care if it works out to an extra 1hp of protection every 100 bullets, this has a higher number than that, ergo my OCD demands that I wear it.

once again my strategy of actively roleplaying an idiot in videogames (and perhaps real life...) pays off hell yea

obF2Wuw.png
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

There's mods to fix all that, though. :D

Unless you're a console player. In which case... welp. :lol:

I'm sure this is true but my tolerance for modding games in order to fix them is very low. Bethesda used up all of my patience for that a long time ago.

• GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    Bethesda is a shining example of why modding is bad for the industry; you wind up with a bunch of unpaid programmers just gleefully doing the work for people who are not only too lazy to do it right the first time but also ensuring that they won’t know how to fix there shit the next time around.

• XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    That's why lazy developers are bad, not modding.

Why the hell is this game still not $10 like on console!

Xeddicus wrote: »
    That's why lazy developers are bad, not modding.

Why the hell is this game still not $10 like on console!

I'm patiently waiting for it to be around $10 before I double dip.

• OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    "Lazy" is not a word I can ever associate with triple-a development, especially when it comes to CDPR

Those sons of bitches worked day and night, eighty hour weeks, their deadlines and reprieves from crunch being pushed ever backward, and the whole time they knew every single problem it had, but they were forced to release it anyway

Laziness ain't got nothing to do with the shitshow that came out

Heck I'm sure Bethesda's programmers are hard-working people too! What's lazy is the management deciding that it doesn't matter what comes out, they'll still make big bank and thirty million bucks in bonuses anyway, Todd

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I don't think Bethesda is lazy. They just make massive and super complex games on a fossil of a game engine. And it goes about as well as you'd expect.

Hell as meh as I am about Cyberpunk I don't think they were lazy...just very overconfident.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    It's been a problem for years, I know :(

Mainly those are about checkpoints. I won't hear how those are any type of good thing. Cut level 3 and implement a save system.

And I could have said janky or bad or anything else in this case.

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Wait what

Checkpoints are great tho

Oh brilliant
    And that's where the thinking stops and that's the problem. Alas.

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited November 2021

What the hell are you talking about

jungleroomx on
  • EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular

No one can counter your argument if they have no fucking clue what you are talking about . Flawless strategy.

• Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    In it's current shape, is it worth the Black Friday Sale price of $29 on PC?

50433.png?1708759015
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    Eh, maybe? It depends on what you're looking for (though given everything, your expectations are probably going to be considerably tempered).
    If you're worried about technical performance, I'd say try it and be ready to stop and get a refund if it runs like ass from the start.

Banzai5150 wrote: »

As long as you have the PC specs to run it, yes.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Olivaw wrote: »
    "Lazy" is not a word I can ever associate with triple-a development, especially when it comes to CDPR

Those sons of bitches worked day and night, eighty hour weeks, their deadlines and reprieves from crunch being pushed ever backward, and the whole time they knew every single problem it had, but they were forced to release it anyway

Laziness ain't got nothing to do with the shitshow that came out

Heck I'm sure Bethesda's programmers are hard-working people too! What's lazy is the management deciding that it doesn't matter what comes out, they'll still make big bank and thirty million bucks in bonuses anyway, Todd
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    I don't think Bethesda is lazy. They just make massive and super complex games on a fossil of a game engine. And it goes about as well as you'd expect.

Hell as meh as I am about Cyberpunk I don't think they were lazy...just very overconfident.

When you have people fixing bugs for you with the engine you should be masters at because hey check it out: gamebryo is old enough to drink in most states I have a hard time taking the devs seriously.

Gaddez on
    edited November 2021

Some checkoint systems are great. Some are not. Proper save systems are always superior.

Lot of games were designed with checkpoints due to system limitations and then since people got used to them and some do them well and it's become the de facto method and hence a downgrade overall.

Want checkpoints? Do both!

Not sure how we got to this from defending mods, but weirder things have happened.

Xeddicus on
    edited November 2021
    I could probably count on my hands the number of bugless software I have used in my lifetime(and even they probably had bugs just benign and unnoticeable ones). So I don't really see why I'd single Bethesda out.

Dragkonias on