As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

One Year In, We are Still Playing [Genshin Impact]

• PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    Qiqi is one of those characters that I loved in my brief interaction with her in the geo archon story. And was sad I missed out on when she was on a banner.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    McMoogle wrote: »
    Oh fer fucking RNG - I've been trying to get a good blood stained tricorn e for Kokomi, and the three 5* ones that have dropped in two weeks have been attack, crit, attack with crit substats. Okay, she's getting a hat with attack and elemental master substat.

I am genuinely curious as to why you're focusing on bloodstained for kokomi.

Wine stained, blood stained, all the same thing. :p

Stupid hat that refuses to drop.

• cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Penumbra wrote: »
    Qiqi is one of those characters that I loved in my brief interaction with her in the geo archon story. And was sad I missed out on when she was on a banner.

Has she been on one? She's one of the starting 5*s so I'm not sure.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
    cursedking wrote: »

I think I’m misremembering. I think she was showing up on the default banner. Guess I need more coffee. (And I didn’t realize she was a 5 star.)

Getting started on this game a year after release sometimes feels like a kick in the teeth. There’s so much to do to get caught up on.

• MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2021

Keqing is the only starting 5*s who has been on a banner. The only reliable way to get Qiqi is to not want her and then lose a 50/50.

Mirkel on
    Mirkel wrote: »

Keqing is the only starting 5*s who has been on a banner. The only reliable way to get Qiqi is to not want her and then lose a 50/50.

that's what I thought, but I remembered Keqing's and I was like well I guess it's possible, since that character did.

I’ve been looking at various wikis and they had a tier list. But it had something labeled sub-dps. What is that? Is that backup dps?

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    I’ve been looking at various wikis and they had a tier list. But it had something labeled sub-dps. What is that? Is that backup dps?

Basically means someone who does damage by switching to them, popping skills, and switching off. In contrast to a main DPS who sticks around on the field doing things. (Usually while the sub-DPS skills are running, which often leads to lots of reactions and more damage)

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    edited November 2021
    to elaborate, Fischl is like the queen of sub dps because her bird has around 100% uptime if you're rotating correctly and the bird's damage is insane by her C6, and she'll be on the field for like a micro second to summon it and then go away.

cursedking on
    to elaborate, Fischl is like the queen of sub dps because her bird has around 100% uptime if you're rotating correctly and the bird's damage is insane by her C6, and she'll be on the field for like a micro second to summon it and then go away.

C6 maybe, but I have her only C2 and she isn't anything special at that constellation level - I do use her from time to time but I'm never really impressed. If she was hydro or pyro or cryo she'd be much better, electro reactions just aren't that great.

• AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Labelling for dps types can be tricky at times. Usually "main" and "sub" just refers to which one is staying on the field and doing normal or charge attacks vs the characters who are only being switched to for their abilities, but sometimes people use the terms as which one does more damage, which isn't always the same. Xiangling in particular is notable for being a being a character who is usually only used for her abilities, but frequently does more damage or at least comparable damage to the "main" dps on the team.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    also doing the campaign, getting a boss down to 40% through superior weebery then they win in a cutscene pepehands i wanted her katena... hammered and folded...

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    also doing the campaign, getting a boss down to 40% through superior weebery then they win in a cutscene pepehands i wanted her katena... hammered and folded...

Every jrpg ever.

I mostly get annoyed because it's so often difficult to tell if I "lost" because I messed up or because I was supposed to.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    also if any of u have ever looked up the way elemental effects work in genshin u will be glad to know that the lagrangian is invariant under the reaction symmetry transformation group apparently

s4j489y17git.png

thats what i wanna see lads. also i love "attempts to explain" because genshin just dont wanna give up its secrets ez, they still need a grand unified theory of explosions and cryo

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
    >.>

Threw one 10-pull into Eula (since it seems Yae is just so very far out). Hit her off the 50/50. Figured I may as well recharge pity while getting constellations on Bennett and Noelle. Got her again on the third.

...this is literally exactly how I got Raiden too.

Of course now Bennett is c5 so I suppose back to saving.

They added some housing stuff. Not just the normal new different sized rocks and the like, but more special things. One is rocks that can hang in the air, so you can create floating steps and stuff.

The other is a device to create your own time trials in your serenitea pot. Awesome.

So uh, where are the good places for dandelion seeds? I don't have a stockpile on account of them needing anemo to harvest and usually running with a safe pyro/electro/hydro/cryo setup in the overworld.

edited November 2021
    Polaritie wrote: »
    So uh, where are the good places for dandelion seeds? I don't have a stockpile on account of them needing anemo to harvest and usually running with a safe pyro/electro/hydro/cryo setup in the overworld.

There's a bunch around the main gate to Mondstadt. If you want to know where they all are I'd just use https://genshin-impact-map.appsample.com/#/

Mirkel on
  • eMoandereMoander Registered User regular
    Got this circlet as my second drop out of the new domain:
    evdohjgmmymp.jpeg

I’m sure it will roll all to hp when I upgrade it, so I’m just going to sit and stare lovingly at it for a few days.

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Took 30 rolls but I got my End User License Agreement. Along with c8 and c9 Noelle and a dragon bane. Still not thrilled with 4/5* weapons being on character banners.

steam_sig.png
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Missed my shot at C1 for Albedo, got C1 for Keqing instead. I guess I'm chasing C1 Eula before this leaves at this point?

Oh, and I'm the guy who was like "Bennett makes people hit for Pyro? Sign me up," on the first C6 opportunity, so we'll see how that goes.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

Auralynx wrote: »
    Missed my shot at C1 for Albedo, got C1 for Keqing instead. I guess I'm chasing C1 Eula before this leaves at this point?

Oh, and I'm the guy who was like "Bennett makes people hit for Pyro? Sign me up," on the first C6 opportunity, so we'll see how that goes.

I was just playing with Kazuha/Bennett/Mona as a fun thing and it's pretty fun throwing fire in the sword and vaporizing a lot. I don't regret it.

• Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    >.>

Threw one 10-pull into Eula (since it seems Yae is just so very far out). Hit her off the 50/50. Figured I may as well recharge pity while getting constellations on Bennett and Noelle. Got her again on the third.

I had enough primogens banked up for 1 more ten roll (didn't quite get a last crack at refining Homa) so I hit the Eula banner, and got my first Qiqi. Wasn't expecting her to be a sword user.

qiqi does 3 things 1) beat ass 2) freeze ass 3) be squished

highly optimal

obF2Wuw.png
    >.>

I had enough primogens banked up for 1 more ten roll (didn't quite get a last crack at refining Homa) so I hit the Eula banner, and got my first Qiqi. Wasn't expecting her to be a sword user.

The new healing set should be good for her if you are going to build her. She's crap at applying cryo but pretty good at healing.

• XantusXantus Registered User regular
    welp, lost the 50/50 on Eula to.. c2 mona >.>

but also managed to farm up a decently-usable set of the new healer artifacts for qiqi in only 8 condensed resin.. my freezecomp feels even better now.

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Auralynx wrote: »

I was just playing with Kazuha/Bennett/Mona as a fun thing and it's pretty fun throwing fire in the sword and vaporizing a lot. I don't regret it.

I expect great things but a change to action sequencing for Diluc.

If I can get C6 Rosaria and C1 Eula out of this, all is forgiven. I really did want the crack at C2 Albedo though.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• eMoandereMoander Registered User regular
    Luck with the new domain is holding so far:
    pmvjh0iumq6d.jpeg

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Is Albedo useful for Ninguang, or are they both more or less geo support for some other geo DPS?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    I would describe Ningguang as Geo DPS, though such perception may colored by having her C6.

Presumably upcoming Geo Demon guy is intended as Geo DPS as well.

• AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Looks like the new artifact sets are shaping up to be good. Already seen some clips of Kokomi reliably triggering 35k damage from the artifact set with her burst up and 10k with just the jellyfish, and the geo set is at least excellent for Albedo and Noelle. From my first bit of farming, I've only seen one remotely usable artifact so far, but...

CGJq6IL.png

Boy, is that artifact usable. Two bad substats, but I got the ones that matter.

metaghost wrote: »
    I would describe Ningguang as Geo DPS, though such perception may colored by having her C6.

Presumably upcoming Geo Demon guy is intended as Geo DPS as well.

C0 or C6 she is geo dps, just a lot better geo dps at C6. Using her just for the +12% geo damage bonus would be super silly. I guess you could give her Prototype Amber and run her as a healer but that'd be more a function of the weapon than anything else.

And yeah, Itto is dps guy. Gorou is a geo support for other geo units. Hope he is better than Sara/Thoma, both of which are pretty bad 4*s IMO. Speaking of Gorou I realized that I own all the current 4*s now until he appears even if a lot of them are c0s.

• RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    Is Albedo useful for Ninguang, or are they both more or less geo support for some other geo DPS?

Albedo is pretty useful for any comp that wants easy damage boost from his skill procs, so long as you're not fighting a boss that will destroy his construct or fully shielded enemies that take no damage from your attacks (which stops his skill procs entirely). Double geo offers a nice resonance as well, so he's not a bad pick up so long as you keep in mind those two very real limitations.

• XantusXantus Registered User regular
    Ninguang being a dps or a support ... comes down to how much do you like her auto attacks.
    her animations are a very slow tempo and the aim can be a bit clunky.
    it is fun popping her burst almost constantly.

In 5 pulls? It felt like 6, but I had 8k something primo's, so I don't think it could be more than 5, anyways:

Mona
    Noelle C1
    Noelle C2
    Rosaria C1
    Noelle C3

So... yeah, no albedo this time

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The kits for Shenhe and Yunjin are out and they look interesting.

Shenhe 5* cryo polearm
    Kind of a 5* Rosaria, but really wants to be all cryo damage. Finally Chongyun's time to shine!

Also she's got a cool ghost friend she uses in her attacks.

Yunjin 4* geo polearm
    Reminds me a lot of Beidou. Hold E to charge a shield, release or let the shield break to do an AoE attack. Damage in her case increases based on hold time. The Ult is just a straight up damage buff for 30 hits. Kinda neat.

Event spoilers
    Lantern festival is coming back with a free outfit for Ninguangg. You can also pick a Liyue 4* again, which so far includes Yunjin. Could change of course.

Also there's a paid skin for
    Keqing.

• ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Hit the 50/50 on Eula's banner and unfortunately walked away with C3 for Keqing.

Xantus wrote: »
    Ninguang being a dps or a support ... comes down to how much do you like her auto attacks.
    her animations are a very slow tempo and the aim can be a bit clunky.
    it is fun popping her burst almost constantly.

I mean, Ning is never there as support, it's just whether she's only coming out to pop her nuke or you're keeping her out to keep shooting. Really could use some QoL with that single-attack combo.

Does character ability ever start to catch up with the world bosses when you get higher WL? Or like, Fatui?

Brody wrote: »
    Does character ability ever start to catch up with the world bosses when you get higher WL? Or like, Fatui?

Not sure what you mean. You generally scale upward as the world bosses do, it's just more gear and skill improvements than just straight levels.