As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Maybe the real [Heroes of the Storm] were the friends we made along the way

• WhelkWhelk Registered User regular
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    Your mom can't see red

Bull.

You have two dads? Do they play games with you??

I guess I can make a real post. Are we taking bets for hero release this year?

I'm betting optimistically that we get a teaser but no release.

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Whelk wrote: »
    I guess I can make a real post. Are we taking bets for hero release this year?

I'm betting optimistically that we get a teaser but no release.

Late November? I'm betting no release now

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    I meant in 2021

I meant in 2021

Yeah, sorry. I mean that since it's already late November in the year and we've heard nothing, I expect nothing new to be released this year.

Steam profile
    kime wrote: »
    I meant in 2021

Yeah, sorry. I mean that since it's already late November in the year and we've heard nothing, I expect nothing new to be released this year.

I don't think you should have to apologize for me being sleepy at my desk mid-workday and having poor reading comprehension under average circumstances

I really think they're going to send out a "We're still here! The game isn't dead! Look at this concept art!" kind of thing

• milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    • Diablo 4 has been delayed
    • Overwatch 2 has been delayed
    • WoW Shadowlands has been butchered to fit into two major patches total, and 9.2 has no release date
    • Newly appointed Co-President resigned after being discriminated against and subsequently expressing no faith in the company to change
    • Staff walkouts on a monthly basis
    • Bobby Kotick out there literally threatening to have people killed

Yeah, guys. I hate to break out it to you, but odds are there are absolutely zero resources being invested in HotS right now. And that isn't likely to change anytime soon.

milk ducks on
  • ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    At least nothing in HotS needed to be purged of sex offender worship.

And it's still gotten a content update more recently than the toxic trashfire that is Overwatch, which has also promised no updates until 2023 at the earliest.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    milk ducks wrote: »
    • Diablo 4 has been delayed
    • Overwatch 2 has been delayed
    • WoW Shadowlands has been butchered to fit into two major patches total, and 9.2 has no release date
    • Newly appointed Co-President resigned after being discriminated against and subsequently expressing no faith in the company to change
    • Staff walkouts on a monthly basis
    • Bobby Kotick out there literally threatening to have people killed

Yeah, guys. I hate to break out it to you, but odds are there are absolutely zero resources being invested in HotS right now. And that isn't likely to change anytime soon.

You see this is because all of resources have been drafted to bring hots back in full force.

Yeah....

At least Kotick has now said he'll resign if things aren't fixed fast enough. Which means nothing but *shrug*

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
    The hots game icon on twitch changed today...
    lqxgz7r52xr6.jpg

Itshappening.rar

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    What was it before?

Should we speculate on "if there is a hero what will it be?", or maybe better yet "what should it be?". Like... do we finally have enough main tanks (or whatever)? Do we have enough from game X?

Also what do you definitely not want to see? Like i know Orphea and Qhira have their fans z but i was annoyed that they didn't come from an existing Blizzard game.

steam_sig.png
    Mengsk or bust.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    847 Viewers :(

edited November 2021
    Looking back a year ago there were 2 twitter teasers before the actual announcement.

So I guess that's the best place to keep an eye out if you love disappointment. Then again you're reading this so who are you trying to kid?

Ed: also to answer @Smrtnik I think the previous game icon was the one showing stitches and Jo in their new overwatch skins.

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png

wra
    HotS is reinstalling. We'll see how this laptop thing shakes out.

Yeah; no bueno, boys. Total slideshow.
    Maybe @tyrantula22 and I can sit down this weekend and work out what's up with the PC.

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    The "just soak to get out of Bronze" starter pack:

ju1or0ruho2e.png
    vbbp8zjdbihz.png

No meat stacks at the end of the game because of course not. Every time there's a Butcher, the game is a coin flip:

Heads = they end up with 0 meat.
    Tails = they end up with 340 meat.*
    *Tails only available for 25% of your team's games.

Enjoy the next 10-15 posts on me gang! :)

Oh, and no @Dibby, nothing new has been announced or shown.

Edit: And the following game...

js8xb3ymfd17.png
    qzr7nrza61fq.png
    THIS FUCKING NAZ TAKES VILE AT 20 WHEN HE ONLY HAS 102 STACKS?!
    Meanwhile, Murky blaming everything on Deckard's healing (which was fucking awful), but getting double soaked on by Rag.

When I Tank, no one follows up. When I DPS, we have shitty soak. When I soak, the team dies 4v5. God I love this game! :D

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    Your team's draft is definitely questionable in that second match, lol.

Dover, how do you feel about tanking on Johanna?

Wait, how does Butcher end that first match with 0 meat? He doesn't even have to go deep. All he has to do is let Stitches land a Hook, then that target gets double-stunned by Tyrande / Kael'thas. Anduin can yank somebody back when his trait's off cooldown, but other than that it's a total pick comp versus a super low mobility lineup.

Your team's draft is definitely questionable in that second match, lol.

Dover, how do you feel about tanking on Johanna?

I played Jo for a while, so I feel mostly comfortable on her. I just feel more comfortable on Diablo/ETC/Muradin. I typically struggle pre-10 to make anything happen, but find more success once I get her Blessed Shield going.

The biggest problem is follow-up. With the other Tanks I mentioned, it's typically more obvious what target I'm wanting to get focused down. Power Slides and Wall Splat/Flips have a huge "THIS ONE!" effect, where Storm Bolt and Blessed Shield aren't as flashy, so they don't get the follow-up they need.
    Wait, how does Butcher end that first match with 0 meat? He doesn't even have to go deep. All he has to do is let Stitches land a Hook, then that target gets double-stunned by Tyrande / Kael'thas. Anduin can yank somebody back when his trait's off cooldown, but other than that it's a total pick comp versus a super low mobility lineup.

The Butcher kept swapping between team fighting and clearing lanes for meat. I repeatedly asked for him to stay with us, and for the 4 of us to rotate lanes to get him meat, but that level of coordination (moving between two friggin' lanes) is simply beyond some people. Abilities are used on cooldown and follow-up is virtually non-existent. I typically hold my stuff and poke with D+W. Butcher and Tyrande were just throwing stuff out mindlessly, which happens all the time.

I should mention that the enemy Gaz was either a smurf or a Gaz main, because they were absolutely owning the solo lane and dropping perfect Gravo-bomb combos in team fights. I mean perfect, responses to random Blessed Shields or Force Walls. Their Anduin locked out a lot of damage with his ult as well. :(

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    edited November 2021
    I've heard you mention before that nobody holds cooldowns in Bronze, so to some extent, I can see why heroes like Diablo might appeal -- if nobody is going to follow up on your plays anyway. you might as well pick a hero that can wall-bang someone to death in an instant, allowing you to potentially swing a teamfight all by yourself. I only mention Johanna because I think she's very strong, very easy to play effectively, and specifically "not flashy" which means she's reliably available in the Draft. She is among the best, most capable tanks in the game, with access to strong waveclear and excellent, low-cooldown control options. And she's indestructible. Personally, I think she's the ideal Bronze tank, specifically because of that last part; she completely eliminates the possibility that your team's frontline is going to fall. And I think that's probably the biggest thing you can bring to your team as a tank at that level. Remember, they're not going to coordinate cooldowns, they aren't going to communicate with you, and they're likely going to get themselves killed at every opportunity. What you can do is just be this huge, immovable object. This absolute meatball of HP and control that's providing a frontline for them.

If your team isn't going to hold cooldowns, you can --

I have never been comfortable in the "initiator" role, not in DotA and not in HotS. Because I feel the same way you do; whenever I see an opportunity, I jump in and try to make something happen, but my team doesn't follow up and I get hung out to dry. I do not feel good when I play initiator tanks. Instead, I play counter-initiation, and that works really well for me. Like, if an enemy Illidan hunts into my backline, I'm holding Blind for him. I'm waiting for him to crossover with his animation and then I'm going to stun him with Blessed Shield.

Or, if the enemy team drafts a Garrosh, I pick Mei, ETC, or Anub'arak. Each of those characters can not only immediately return to their original position (Ice Skate, Powerslide, or Burrow) if they get thrown, but they can also immediately dive and peel for an ally that gets thrown. I personally find that playing counter-intiation roles is much less frustrating and simultaneously more rewarding, again just based on my personal confidence level and the way I like to play the game. It feels a lot easier to wait for your opponents to make a mistake, and punish, than it does to find the perfect opening to initiate and then just roll the dice on whether or not your team follows up.

milk ducks on
    Dover why are you playing Storm League over the holidays. That's asking for suffering (even more than usual)

Steam profile
    kime wrote: »
    Dover why are you playing Storm League over the holidays. That's asking for suffering (even more than usual)

I sort of forgot it was Thanksgiving yesterday since we're celebrating it today. That's on me.

I played Ruined King after those HotS games and had a much more enjoyable experience.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    Been messing around with my PC all day. Played a few matches of HotS. So far, no issues.

Brace yourselves, folks. Abathur rageposts are incoming.

forty wrote: »
    Brace yourselves, folks. Abathur rageposts are incoming.
    Wait that's Antaeus.

But technically ducks feels the same way so the posts will be here in spirit, even if not in form.

Abathur is a fun and interactive hero.

I miss when Knight would rage again Kel Thuzad and say that any gave where either team has him should instead just load that one player into a bot ARAM and then resolve win/lose for everyone based on that player's percent skillshots landed.

steam_sig.png
  • Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Abathur is a Fun and Interactive hero.

• DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Been messing around with my PC all day. Played a few matches of HotS. So far, no issues.

Fuck dude now I'm getting the itch to play HotS

I haven't played in fuckin ages, like. Didn't get bored or anything, just found other games to play.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    Dibby wrote: »

I haven't played in fuckin ages, like. Didn't get bored or anything, just found other games to play.

My kids are staying at my dad's house until Sunday, @Dibby . You doing anything tomorrow? I'm going to the gym at some point, but other than that, I can hang out and play HotS if you want to get the band back together.

edited November 2021
    Dibby wrote: »

My kids are staying at my dad's house until Sunday, @Dibby . You doing anything tomorrow? I'm going to the gym at some point, but other than that, I can hang out and play HotS if you want to get the band back together.

I'm going over to my Aunt's tomorrow from like 1 PM Eastern toooo I dunno maybe 3 PM Eastern at the latest, but otherwise I'm down to clown

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    I look forward to the inevitable Dibby and Ducks asshole train post.

"We ran Blaze and Mei. Fire and ice, bro."

• A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    I prefer Blaze & Kael "everything burns"

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
    Everyone in this thread is more than welcome to jump in and party up. Send friend requests to ducks#1277

Me: "I haven't played HotS in Forever, I wonder if anything's changed"

Also Me: "wait right we're talking about HotS everything's gonna be the exact same lol"

DNiDlnb.png
    About to head up town and grab a coffee. On afer that.

About to head up town and grab a coffee. On afer that.

I'm leaving in like an hour but when I get home, it's on like Donkey Kong

DNiDlnb.png
    Taking the kids to see Santa, I'll try to be in after that

steam_sig.png
    When your sweaty 4stack with all matching portraits gets dismantled by a guy who hasn't played in 8 months and didn't even realize Valla had new talents until the match started:

t12p0bvg5j6p.png