As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam] Remote Play Together Sale (2/28 - 3/7) - Get some games! Play with friends!

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Chicory isn't discounted

Buying it is like, some sort of Steam blasphemy

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Chicory isn't discounted

Buying it is like, some sort of Steam blasphemy

He didn't say buy it, just nominate it. :p

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Not quite a game, but the composer behind Project Wingman, AKA 3 person Ace Combat has a new animated project in the works that got funded on Kickstarter, and will be released on STEAM when it's done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frBou9Tfvlo

The aesthetic gives me AC4 vibes.

wVEsyIc.png
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Project Wingman and Dawn are love letters to Ace Combat for sure.

• heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    I played like zero new games this year so my list was mostly just things in my wishlist that I WANT to play really badly but cant yet. and then I just chose a random VR game because well

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • JazzJazz Registered User regular

Some good noms there. Final one is especially on point for the video game equivalent of a favorite comfy pair of fuzzy slippers.

• ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    my choices:

https://store.steampowered.com/steamawards/nominations/76561197969385634?k=3363556496387619114

I dont have VR so kind of cheated on that one, played Dagon in non-VR mode

• Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »
    Oh thank you for reminding me about Annalynn. How did I never either wishlist that nor buy it?

Oh I should have known how that would go, posting such a thing

jkc4h1cy8ckv.png

Thanks @MNC Dover , I look forward to giving this a shot along with so many other games when I can do it laying in bed with a Steam Deck. Well, likely before then now, but still. <3

• Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    It's not like there wasn't stuff this year that I want to play, I think it's just that with big releases I've gotten so into the habit of waiting for them to get cheaper.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I voted for what I could and then just picked random letters until something cool came up

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Steam sale!

Most of my wishlist is 10%-30% off?!

DO I LOOK LIKE SOME SORT OF FOOL! WHERE ARE THE BIG SAVINGS?!

Gone to refunds, every one

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
  • PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Got my Steam noms here...

Mind you I haven't played any of these much less own them(yet). I nominated stuff based on PAer recommendations, past history with a franchise, or best fit for the category based on what I knew of the game. I don't own a VR rig so I spent five minutes looking for something silly but it might actually be a fun game. Best soundtrack was a tossup between Sons of Ra and Returnal. Mini Metro is probably the only game I plan on acquiring soonish.

I did pick up Microcosmum: Survival of Cells as an impulse buy.

Poketpixie on
  • WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Steam sale!

Most of my wishlist is 10%-30% off?!

DO I LOOK LIKE SOME SORT OF FOOL! WHERE ARE THE BIG SAVINGS?!

Civilization VI has an 85% discount, making it less than 10 bucks. I'm starting to think it may be worth it at that price.

• FlorinFlorin Registered User regular
    Also, big news. Albert just emailed out that they're releasing 1.0 of RE4HD on 2.2.2022. So if you're itching to reply Resident Evil 4 like I am, just wait a few more months. The fixes look and sound amazing.

That's so awesome, Albert and Cris are heroes. I'm really happy for them, I hope the mod gets the coverage they deserve.

• DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    I didn't really nominate very seriously in most categories. Though the one I did was GG Strive for soundtrack because The Game? It Smells.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUfU1gKln6M

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide is free on Fanatical right now.
    It requires linking your Steam account with Fanatical in order to receive the product key but it can be unlinked after getting the key:
    https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/warhammer-end-times-vermintide

• an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    Although not typical of Canadians, I'm continuing my tradition of celebrating American Thanksgiving. Canadians celebrate Thanksgiving in October partly because the weather is much nicer, but mostly because we haven't yet realized the local hockey team is terrible again this year. This makes us much more thankful.

I mark American Thanksgiving by booking two days off work, cooking enough food for twenty people, getting day drunk, and watching football on tape delay. I invite a pile of people over knowing it's just a regular work day for everyone here and appreciate those who can make it over for a few hours.

Though it's not right at the top of the list, I'm always thankful for the Steam Thread. No matter what's going on in the world, between politics, wars, and natural disasters, the Steam Thread is a quiet oasis. Someone finds a new game and wants to share the joy with everyone else. A person has a technical problem with a game and others offer her solutions. Someone else gets frustrated with a game mechanic and people offer him suggestions to get by that bullshit boss fight. Some raise money for a local charity. Many gift games, not for any recognition, but just in the hopes of making someone they've never met happy for a moment, if not months. The misanthropes contribute puns. Pages and pages of puns.

Thank you everyone for making this a wonderful place to get away from real life. There's so much kindness and goodwill that this thread really warms my heart year after year. I hope everyone can find things for which to be thankful. Happy American Thanksgiving everyone!

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    It requires linking your Steam account with Fanatical in order to receive the product key but it can be unlinked after getting the key:

Fanatical is legit, if I remember correctly they used to be Bundlestars.

Vermintide is really good. While more things will be more fleshed out if you're familiar with the old Warhammer Fantasy Battles tabletop wargame, you can absolutely go in with no knowledge of the setting other than "Humans good, Dwarves good, Elves ok, Ratmen bad".

• DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    I hate how we always do awards and nominations at the end of the year. I won't have finished all the 2021 games I wanna play until at least halfway into 2022.

dnbwbablillv.png

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • SudsSuds Registered User regular
    It's a shame you can only use one game in a single category. I'd put Psychonauts 2 in a lot of these categories but it won't let me

camo_sig2.png
  • EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    Next year is going to be insane for new games. There are so many that were delayed from 2021 and that were planned for 2022 anyway.

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Happy Turkey Day Steam Thread! 🦃🦃

I'm very thankful to be part of a community as caring, close, and generous as us. You're all beautiful people!

• RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    So that's how it is, fine I'll start with the a's

• Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote: »

Fanatical is legit, if I remember correctly they used to be Bundlestars.

Vermintide is really good. While more things will be more fleshed out if you're familiar with the old Warhammer Fantasy Battles tabletop wargame, you can absolutely go in with no knowledge of the setting other than "Humans good bad, Dwarves good bad, Elves ok bad, Ratmen bad absolute world-ending bastards".

Agreed Vermintide is fun even with just one other friend, but your primer on the major races was slightly off.

• ArmsForPeace84ArmsForPeace84 Your Partner In Freedom Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    Next year is going to be insane for new games. There are so many that were delayed from 2021 and that were planned for 2022 anyway.

It's not even so much that I'm eagerly awaiting a grip of games at the moment. It's more that they're gonna be absolute time sinks. Between FROM with Elden Ring and what should be a stunning return to form for Microprose with Task Force Admiral, Tiny Combat Arena, and Sea Power.

So my approach to backlog management in 2021 is to just try and keep it organized. Keep it dry. Spray it for silverfish. At the moment, I'm going through the titles that accumulated during my time with Humble Choice, playing them just long enough to determine which ones go to Art Game Jail. And test driving various racing games to see if they show any restraint with the number of laps per event.

ArmsForPeace84 on
    Nothing personal. It's just business.
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I only played the original campaign of Destiny 2.

Destiny is the only MMO I ever cared about. How has Destiny 2 matured over the years? Are the expansions and sales any good?

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    I want to say thanks to everyone in this thread for everything good in this world.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »

Same. I'll take a look, but I'm over here spending a lot of my current play time in an almost 15 year old mmo. What do you want from me steam?

Steam: offday
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

But only the music one is marvel?

steam_sig.png
  • ArmsForPeace84ArmsForPeace84 Your Partner In Freedom Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »
    I only played the original campaign of Destiny 2.

Destiny is the only MMO I ever cared about. How has Destiny 2 matured over the years? Are the expansions and sales any good?

Last time I checked it out, on the free to play model, it was enjoyable enough. But I was put off by the model of vaulting old content (it's good that you played the campaign when you did) and the general sense, which admittedly is NOT new to the franchise, that one could re-enter at any point and almost immediately "catch up" to a light level that formerly took loads of grinding to attain.

Making it feel, even years ago, oddly like playing last year's installment of an online shooter with annual iterations. Decorating the wall with armaments and trophies that appear to sublimate before one's eyes.

Nothing personal. It's just business.
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    I took a hard pass on Destiny when I looked it up recently for that reason. I play games mostly for story, if you gate off old content, why should I care about the setting?

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I took a break after I finished the Osiris expansion (the infinite forest was... disappointing) and when I came back, the way to play the story was just utterly incoherent.

• Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Standing in line for two hours waiting for gamestop to open on thanksgiving.

What have I become?

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Are you there for a Playstation VR?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    @Pixelated Pixie: Get up and go rob some graves
    Me: Ok
    k496k4m3ix1h.jpg
    Thank you! <3

• anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    I took a hard pass on Destiny when I looked it up recently for that reason. I play games mostly for story, if you gate off old content, why should I care about the setting?

Yeah, Destiny is a fun well made game, but I can't support terrible decisions like that. Especially for someone like me who plays through games really slow. I've heard of people buying certain expansions or content and coming back to the game and not being able to play something they paid for and that's crazy and would totally be me. Everyone thought breaking away from Activision would be good for the game, but Bungie seems perfectly capable of messing the game up on their own.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday