As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Arknights] Anime cancer beastpeople tower defense wants YOU

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Uggg, I have a setup for that annihilation map but somehow occasionally there is exactly one leak and I never catch where it's coming from (fuck watching 400 guys go through). I don't see anyone dead so it must be something not dying fast enough and slipping through the tanks, but I dunno... *sigh*

The key to fixing Annihilation setups less boringly is to take note of the kill count where something occurred and then narrowing it down. Are you still good at 350 kills? Issues around 375? I had to fix a leak in the 375 to 400 countdown, it's honestly the only even slightly pressing segment.

It was around 375-380 or so, I'm not sure exactly, but that's probably a good idea. The problem is it doesn't happen every time, maybe like 1 in 10 or something. I've been trying to beef up the operators I'm using so they do more damage and hopefully solve that. I was assuming it was cuz the strat I followed used Rosmentus (or however her name is spelled) and mine was only like e2-40ish. I gave her like 15 levels and even M1'd the passive skill they said to use, but still had a leak today :/

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Uggg, I have a setup for that annihilation map but somehow occasionally there is exactly one leak and I never catch where it's coming from (fuck watching 400 guys go through). I don't see anyone dead so it must be something not dying fast enough and slipping through the tanks, but I dunno... *sigh*

The key to fixing Annihilation setups less boringly is to take note of the kill count where something occurred and then narrowing it down. Are you still good at 350 kills? Issues around 375? I had to fix a leak in the 375 to 400 countdown, it's honestly the only even slightly pressing segment.

It was around 375-380 or so, I'm not sure exactly, but that's probably a good idea. The problem is it doesn't happen every time, maybe like 1 in 10 or something. I've been trying to beef up the operators I'm using so they do more damage and hopefully solve that. I was assuming it was cuz the strat I followed used Rosmentus (or however her name is spelled) and mine was only like e2-40ish. I gave her like 15 levels and even M1'd the passive skill they said to use, but still had a leak today :/

Double check skill timing in that case. I guess if you're using a passive, it won't be wrong, though. Things to watch out for:
    - Are people getting stunned at bad timing by hammers or those snipers?
    - Are you using any skills that can have variable effects?
    - Do you have any leeway in your placement to add a drop whose job it is to get their ass kicked at a key timing (see point 1)?

edited November 2021

Double check skill timing in that case. I guess if you're using a passive, it won't be wrong, though. Things to watch out for:
    - Are people getting stunned at bad timing by hammers or those snipers?
    - Are you using any skills that can have variable effects?
    - Do you have any leeway in your placement to add a drop whose job it is to get their ass kicked at a key timing (see point 1)?

I am assuming yes to the third one. I brought a bunch of guys I'm not using for rep building so I can probably stick one of them in the way.

And yeah, everyone is just set to passive skills (I guess Thorns kinda isn't but I mean, you literally only need to click it twice). Specifically it's this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJMSNZR1-oY

Edit: Looking at this video again, holy shit 375 is a clusterfuck of guys. I honestly think I'm just getting overwhelmed there, especially by the chargey dudes that need 2 blocks to stop. I'm guessing my tanks are already busy blocking and one of those is getting through. The question is which lane tho... (I'm totally suspecting it's the right lane because my Blemishine is semi low and Siege can't block those charging guys at all)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    The Bully/Bulldozer needs 3 block to stop, hence the '3' on their pauldron ;)

For my run I had Siege and Lappland in front of my 3 block meat wall. Lappland to help stop the Agents from giving the -1 block debuff. but I had Eyja, Ifrit, Blaze, Siege S2, and Lappland all doing damage in the middle.

Angie as well, I forgot. Basically, I packed in a lot of damage to prevent leaks from the Agent debuff.

EDIT: after watching the video, even with her passive Ros doesn't do much damage to the Bully/Bulldozer. Might want to rearrange to fit Artes damage in to replace her.

As someone with an E2 S3M3 Rosmontis I'd really like to find somewhere that she could excel... but I just haven't.

Feldorn on
  • chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    Are you supposed to put down the block 3 guys early so they don't get stun sniped? That is whats getting me about that map :(

Also for the contingency map for today, how do you guys handle the "on alert" mobs? I try to trigger them one or two at a time by using gravel/project red, but this seems a rather chaotic solution? Wondering if there is a better one.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
    I use ranged Guards (Thorns and Lappland) in front of the Defenders, they generally kill the stunning units before they ruin the group. Then I have a Caster and a Sniper adding DPS to make sure those 3 block units die ASAP. Consider using Surtr or a Duelist to wipe out problem units before they arrive to the back of the line.

To deal with the stun snipers drop a high ground operator last and redeploy your vanguard after all ops are out and you banked some DP.

edited November 2021
    I watched my runs and they were indeed getting through the right side (and as I guessed, it was one of those charging guys just walking through everyone). I actually ended up adding some extra DPS and that seems like it has solved the issue? We'll see I guess. (I didn't have any extra tanks with me and didn't want to redo my deployment and lose the current auto run)

I actually had that shitty 6* caster dude (for rep build) and used him as one of the dps. Honestly not *that* bad - he did an ok job of softening everyone up with his weak sauce AOE attacks. He was getting big groups of dudes down to like half health for when they actually started hitting the real tanks and dps.

Warlock82 on
    Got Mountain and Kal to E2 and started S3M1 on Kal.

Next to level up SkadiALT and Gladiia.

I've run out of Coagulating Gel and the drop rate on JT8-2 feels bad man.

I think I'll just go back to the shop for it.

Right now, I'm just grinding money and xp to put a dent in leveling the operators I've got. Trying to get the new ones (Surtr, Kal'tsit, new Skadi) to max E1 before looking at E2 mats.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
    Looks like Broca will be in the shop on the 12th.

If I don't get him from the G5 I'll make that purchase.

• ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Screenshot_20211111-142802_Arknights.jpg

Happy Blue Poison skin day!

This was the first CC that I have been basically completely blind for (as in I didn't even know what the map looked like); unfortunately risk 18 is relatively simple. Nothing really tricky, just set down busted operators and thorns/sutr/kal'tsit goes brrrrrr whenever the bosses show up. I might try for higher risk later in the week, some of the tags do look like they could be a pain to figure out.

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
    It took me this long but I just now got what the thread title meant -_-

• OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    jx62nkm1p8bt.png

i decided to do a different strat than guardknights

it got pretty sweaty tbh
    edit: removed vid cause it accidentally contained audio from a stream i was watching while doing CC

Orphane on
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    East Armory is such a pita. Even with ash to help with snipers idk how you would do this one without silverash haha

aeNqQM9.jpg
    all the things going on now, I assume the focus is just completing the daily contract at the highest level I can?

all the things going on now, I assume the focus is just completing the daily contract at the highest level I can?

just do whatever missions you can to get contingency contract currency

try to shoot for risk 8 on dailies, ideally doing the challenge at the same time (the mission that wants you to use a specific contract) but you can always do that one separately if the combination of contracts proves to be an especially large pain in the ass

risk 18 on the permanent is what you want to hit for max rewards but if you can't do that then just do the best you can

This is a pretty good overview on just how contingency contract works, but yeah basically just focus on trying to hit Risk 8 on the rotating daily map (rewards stop at risk 8 for the daily map, risk 18 for the permanent). You don't have to rush the permanent map at all; more contracts open up during week 2 that make getting risk 18 a lot easier (only reward for clearing risk 18 in the first week is a cosmetic trim for the event medal, the event currency stays the same).

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    ph blake wrote: »

This is a pretty good overview on just how contingency contract works, but yeah basically just focus on trying to hit Risk 8 on the rotating daily map (rewards stop at risk 8 for the daily map, risk 18 for the permanent). You don't have to rush the permanent map at all; more contracts open up during week 2 that make getting risk 18 a lot easier (only reward for clearing risk 18 in the first week is a cosmetic trim for the event medal, the event currency stays the same).

Though you get a fancy rainbow medal if you do rush the permanent map. I am still sad I missed out on one of those because I was being lazy and I didn't notice the trim

The problem I've been having with the map is I use exusaiai for the drones on the top, but my second sniper is blue poison, but she's only e1 and seems as tough as wet tissue paper, so even with a healer it's dicey if she lives. 😣

Remember that enemies will prioritize targeting the last operator deployed, so you can protect your snipers by throwing down a healing defender afterwards to tank drone hits.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    wrapped up R18 and challenges yesterday so I'm keeping up with daily challenges now.

got S3M3 started for Kal as well, I'm tired of farming the new materials. went through my stores from events and the story stages for them are rather lame.

edited November 2021
    sat down and actually tried to trim my medal today and got the risk 18

yuy1rrtn7ftk.jpg

def been harder ccs, this one was kicking my ass until i remembered how the two bosses at the end actually work.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Weedy is great this one. Just firehose all the bugs.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
    edited November 2021
    I'm glad I got this CC done so the pressure is off (since I think today is the last day to trim? Or maybe it's already too late? I don't remember the time)

Honestly this one wasn't that bad except for the two bosses at the end.

Warlock82 on
    Today’s daily challenge was actually kinda tricky. That crownslayer buff required a skalter s3 rosa s3 lockdown ash s2 exuisai s3 silverash s3 killbox.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Screenshot_20211119-145918_Arknights.jpg

Yeah, that was the hardest daily map max risk I can remember in a while.

I really wanted to have a super buffed Ash solo Crownslayer, instead of my usualy killbox strat of chain stuns + Silverash + Schwartz (thought that is also satisfying to set up). She was nearly able to kill her at spawn with Warfarin + Skalter + Suzuran support, but I was consistently a bit slow on my skill activations so a few Ash S2 shots would get wasted going into the archer that spawns right after. Still managed to burst her down to 10% hp; then it was just slowly figuring out the skill rotations to deal with the wraith waves, and redeploying Ash top left to finish the job once Crownslayer showed up again.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    I split today's daily. Did the buffed Agents for 8 risk and buffed Crownslayer on her own. Slows were the key to both, Suzuran/Angelina team ftw. Ash was also very good for fighting Crownslayer, since you can't really block her, but Ash's stun still works. The added weight made her impossible to push, which was obnoxious imo.

edited November 2021
    Today went well for R8 with challenge.

Kal held top and Ash, Arene, and Meteorite held the bottom.

Borrowed an April to help and I wish I had her.

Feldorn on
    iVlWy6O.png

I was 1 day late cause i fell asleep one day and missed a daily

11Y7XlS.png

aww yeah

• LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Speaking of medals; finally got Savage to 200% trust and also fuck H8-4 but woo finally:

EncSfTV.jpg?2

I've always been a bit confused about trust. Is there any benefit to having more than 100% other than for completion?

edited November 2021
    I've always been a bit confused about trust. Is there any benefit to having more than 100% other than for completion?

100% trust is the point where you get max additional stats, 200% is just for extra background info entries on the operator's profile page

edit: also certain factions getting x amount of trust unlocks some furniture but that's optional

Orphane on
    Also support operators are treated as having half of their actual trust, so getting to 200% let's people who borrow them receive the full 100% stat bonus.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    It was fun to play again but I'm going to take a break. I need games that don't have the daily grind since I have trouble managing those in a healthy way.

Didn't plan ahead at all, but the holiday time off let me full clear CC. Kind of surprising that completing literally every goal gives you barely any extra currency to play with for the smaller prizes (assuming you buy every major prize).

as always, don't forget to claim your CC boxes for free mats - this time due to the last client update changing the UI you will have to click on this button to get the boxes

2ghmfcdve1wu.png

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Literally just started, but for some reason I cannot upgrade the command center when it said I should. I am not sure what I am missing

Edit: Figured it out

Fencingsax on
    Ugh I thought it ended today and I forgot to spend my last couple days of cc rewards. Oh well.

aeNqQM9.jpg