As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Final Fantasy the 14th: End of the World Starts Now!

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Evermourn wrote: »
    Please don't show me that, I've never been to the store. I really want the glow sticks emote.

I've played this game for only a year and I've bought 3 mounts from the station. I'm a horrible person but I love mounts and mount collecting

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Facebook reminded me of this from seven years ago during my first (or maybe second?) stint of FFXIV, leveling WHM as my first job. I liked that durrstaff.

1ai05am4f3nq.png

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    I see glowsticks used all the time in large crowds. Is the Mogstation the only way to get that or a similar emote?

yup

items from previous years' seasonal events ultimately end up on the cash shop, but anyone who did the event at the time got them for free, so you'll see them around a lot more than most cash shop items

the glowsticks were from a little lady's day event a few years back

• Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    hit Level 60 with my Blue Mage and I am now going back and grabbing all the ARR abilities that I missed and going through Carnival matches. Its a shame that the Blue mage is a limited class as they have some really amazing looking abilities and yea.. they are OP AF.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    after a lot of trial and error, about thirty designed sets, and a LOT of party findering of old content to collect various items to try out, I've finally settled on what I think will be my Endwalker MSQ glamour

A touch of fantasy, a touch of combat, a touch of paladin class fantasy, and a touch of limsa appeal

c2vio8peuz23.png

Limsa appeal being the heels? High five fellow viera :P

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Oh Final Fantasy XIV guru's I beseech you to help me with inventory management. My main inventory fills up quickly and for the most part I have no problems sorting through it and getting rid of what's not needed. But when it comes to the Armory chest I'm often not sure of what to do. I had thought that if they had the little paper symbol next to it, then they were used in a set and were good to get rid of. But, after one time cleaning up and donating to my GC a couple of my jobs had equipment missing. There is also the part where should I save this one piece of equipment that's lvl 45 for my lower jobs that are in their 20's to wear?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    You have to select an option at the GC donation screen to make items in sets invisible.

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    if you're donating to your GC for seals, there is an option to flat out not show equipment assigned to gear sets.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    I did set that option, and just now donated a ton of stuff without problems. What about items that grey out when I try to sell?

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    after a lot of trial and error, about thirty designed sets, and a LOT of party findering of old content to collect various items to try out, I've finally settled on what I think will be my Endwalker MSQ glamour

A touch of fantasy, a touch of combat, a touch of paladin class fantasy, and a touch of limsa appeal

Which chestpiece is that? Asking for a paladin friend.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    looks like the sigmascape chest

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    Oh Final Fantasy XIV guru's I beseech you to help me with inventory management. My main inventory fills up quickly and for the most part I have no problems sorting through it and getting rid of what's not needed. But when it comes to the Armory chest I'm often not sure of what to do. I had thought that if they had the little paper symbol next to it, then they were used in a set and were good to get rid of. But, after one time cleaning up and donating to my GC a couple of my jobs had equipment missing. There is also the part where should I save this one piece of equipment that's lvl 45 for my lower jobs that are in their 20's to wear?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Can't help you my dude, I have filled the inventory of 3 characters and 30 retainers. (I can tell you how I organized it though!)

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    THIRTY retainers?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    I did set that option, and just now donated a ton of stuff without problems. What about items that grey out when I try to sell?
    if they're greyed out you just flat out are unable to sell them.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    ok then, maybe, last question about inventory. I noticed I hoard a ton of crafting materials, a TON of which are not HQ. Should I sell low level ones and non-hq? I'm tempted to sell them all off to be done with this nonsense!

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    ok then, maybe, last question about inventory. I noticed I hoard a ton of crafting materials, a TON of which are not HQ. Should I sell low level ones and non-hq? I'm tempted to sell them all off to be done with this nonsense!

All raw HQ materials will stop carrying any benefit in Endwalker, so like a week. If you want to save space now, but keep the materials for later if you need them, you can intentionally turn any HQ material to non-HQ, then combine them with your normal stacks. Whether it’s worth keeping is entirely dependent on the specific material

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    This may be just me, but if I'm not actively leveling a crafter or gathering materials to craft something specific soon, I don't store crafting materials at all.

• Options
    Renzo wrote: »
    This may be just me, but if I'm not actively leveling a crafter or gathering materials to craft something specific soon, I don't store crafting materials at all.

I'm still leveling crafters so I'm not exactly crafting any rare stuff, but yeah, if I need anything I first check the MB and then just go get it myself if it's more expensive than a teleport and I can get enough in under five minutes. (Diadem stuff I'm obviously keeping around.)

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I emptied out my retainers inventories onto either the MB or the vendor so now I have a ton of free space.

Which is good because my glamour dresser is nearly full.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »

Which chestpiece is that? Asking for a paladin friend.

O8S chest, though O8N has the undyeable version which has similar base colours.

• Options
    I am leveling crafters when I get a bit tired of leveling other jobs. But yeah, I should really just sell it all on the MB then either gather as needed or buy of MB.

Thanks for your info guys, sometimes I just need someone to agree with me.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Me: Defeats Titan
    Me: when does the plot start actually happening, all that's been happening so far is that these Kingdom Hearts dudes start being vaugely ominous. Oh well, back to the Home Base to be told to run yet another errand!
    Me: ... nooo Noraxia my beloved!!!! nooooooo!

ended up carrying her corpse back on chocobo-back instead of teleporting because dang

anyway I'm gonna destroy that stupid Power Ranger lady

Lucid_Seraph on
    See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    Don't tell anyone about HQ vs NQ in Endwalker
    l1t6esljqzp5.png

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Finally got back into it and marched to the credits of Heavensward.

Yo that was fucking sick.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2021
    THIRTY retainers?

mj9CDLm.jpg
    ARUL155.jpg
    V2U9cIw.jpg

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Don't tell anyone about HQ vs NQ in Endwalker
    l1t6esljqzp5.png

Only applies to gathered materials

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    THIRTY retainers?

You have a hoarding problem, and you're paying 5 times the normal subscription cost for the privilege. 30 retainers is crazy.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    THIRTY retainers?
    pictures

how much is your monthly sub

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Ok, I THINK I got what I was going for. Thoughts?
    0go6adyqkcqk.png

q97uip0ds39i.png

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    It's not like I am paying for 30. I pay for seven and have the companion app. I pay less for the base subscription because of 1.0 pricing. Since I have 8 characters on the server I could share around as much as 14k items and/or stacks to all the possible retainers. I don't have a need to pare down because I have more inventory than I could possibly use. Oh, and 1120 items/stacks in character inventory.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    Shame
    689u2lmzw5su.png

• Options
    It's not like I am paying for 30. I pay for seven and have the companion app. I pay less for the base subscription because of 1.0 pricing. Since I have 8 characters on the server I could share around as much as 14k items and/or stacks to all the possible retainers. I don't have a need to pare down because I have more inventory than I could possibly use. Oh, and 1120 items/stacks in character inventory.

I thought the companion app only gets you one? Where do the other 20 come from?

• Options
    edited November 2021
    When you pay for retainers you get them on EVERY CHARACTER ON THE ACCOUNT!

Fuckin' Jebus, my dudes!

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    Ahh I see. I read it as one list of 30 rather than three lists of 10.

• Options
    When you pay for retainers you get them on EVERY CHARACTER ON THE ACCOUNT!

Fuckin' Jebus, my dudes!

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    GShade is civilization.

That is all.

EriktheVikingGamer on
    Steam - DailyFatigueBar
    FFXIV - Milliardo Beoulve/Sargatanas
  • Options
    EvermournEvermourn Registered User regular
    Probably going to have a bit of a blue mage token session this weekend as not long left. My completionist side is at war with my rational side. I can’t see any reason to spend a ton of tokens on the ARR riding maps as you can fly in that content and I can’t find any achievements tied to them. Is there any reason I’m missing? Could they sneak in an achievement that uses them down the road?

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Evermourn wrote: »
    Probably going to have a bit of a blue mage token session this weekend as not long left. My completionist side is at war with my rational side. I can’t see any reason to spend a ton of tokens on the ARR riding maps as you can fly in that content and I can’t find any achievements tied to them. Is there any reason I’m missing? Could they sneak in an achievement that uses them down the road?

Nah. I consider it more likely for an achievement related to BLU log. Only use for those riding maps is so you have less reason to fly when going from location to location.

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Holy jeez this post-Heavensward first credits content is so good.

Just got done with the grand melee.

<Me> OKAY OKAY JEEZ, RAUBAHN'S OVER. I GET IT, HE'S COOL

<Raubahn> flips mask down

<Me> AAAAAAAAH I WAS WRONG, HE COULD GET EVEN COOLER

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
This discussion has been closed.