As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Xbox] Another Big Sale to see out this thread!

• NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    It got my first game on the 360 wrong, it lists Zumba, but i didn’t play that on the 360 until recently. And only in back compat on the series X. Outside of that, it seems that Back compat gets listed as its own separate game, And that’s the one I’ve played the most over the life of my Gamertag.

Somehow I’ve played over 1090 unique Xbox games since 2005, a number I’m pretty astounded at.

Nitsua on
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    ynfqwc1a054k.png

I still have 33 more days in Destiny 1 compared to Destiny 2.

"The most rare achievements" list shown on the right is just flat out wrong for some reason.

Sirialis on
  • JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    kpvfm7lj066n.jpeg

I can live with this one, at least. Kind of impressed myself that my third-most-played game only came out six months ago... (edit: wait, those aren't in order, I don't think? Based on other friends' ones.)

It seems to think my first played 360 game was Halo 2, which, er, lol?

Jazz on
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    I just realized that even though my kids playing Disney infinity ranked as my most played game for 2017, 2018 and 2019, it didn't make my top 5. That's kinda weird.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    b1qcvioi7inc.png

F1 2018 being my game of 2019 doesn't make a ton of sense unless I really didn't touch my Xbox much at all that year.

Minecraft just shows when my kids started playing Xbox.

Trials and Rocket League both make total sense.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Interesting that Madden 25 wins two different years but 10 gets the overall. There’s a huge gap between the 360 and X as I never had a One and wasn’t playing much Xbox stuff.

J2yOlrNl.jpg

Six on
    can you feel the struggle within?
  • DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Somehow, I still haven't surprassed MW1 in playtime.

Six wrote: »
    Interesting that Madden 25 wins two different years but 10 gets the overall. There’s a huge gap between the 360 and X as I never had a One and wasn’t playing much Xbox stuff.

J2yOlrNl.jpg

Test Drive Unlimited was such good stuff, iffy handling aside.

• eMoandereMoander Registered User regular
    pbj632happqm.jpeg

I am a little surprised that warframe edged out me3 multi, but this list seems about right.

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Aw, you don't get to see your personal Xbox museum if you didn't have an Xbone/Series S/X. I had an OG and a 360 and have been doing Xbox stuff on PC since then, so no personal museum for me :<

That's not true @Stabbity Style! I don't have a Series X or Xbone. You just go to the website using Chrome and you'll be able to see yours!

I did go using Chrome :<

Stabbity_Style.png
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Aw, you don't get to see your personal Xbox museum if you didn't have an Xbone/Series S/X. I had an OG and a 360 and have been doing Xbox stuff on PC since then, so no personal museum for me :<

That's not true @Stabbity Style! I don't have a Series X or Xbone. You just go to the website using Chrome and you'll be able to see yours!

Oh did you turn off any sort of addons or anything? It loaded up just fine for me when I logged in.

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Fuser deserved so much better than this :(

The dead speak!Harmonix speaks.
    We’re sure you have some questions about what this means for you so we’ve put together a brief FAQ to answer some initial questions.

What does this mean for Rock Band DLC?
    Nothing. We’ll be continuing on with our existing DLC plans… and there are lots of great tracks coming as we wrap up 2021 and push into next year!

Will you keep doing Rivals Seasons?
    Yup! We’ve got a fun Season 25 already planned and plenty of ideas for Season 26 and beyond.

What about FUSER events?
    No change there either!

Does this mean more Rock Band instruments will be made?
    This is not in our current plans.

Will FUSER and your other games still be available on Steam?
    Yes, all our games will remain available on Steam and console.

What about the servers for [INSERT HARMONIX GAME HERE]? Will those be taken offline?
    We aren’t planning to change the way we support any of our older games.

What will the Harmonix team work on next?
    Our team will work with Epic to create musical journeys and gameplay for Fortnite. While we’re not ready to share any specifics, the whole team is incredibly excited to get started. Stay tuned!

Which should allay any fears right up until things change or you remember that Harmonix...struggles... a bit with actual game design.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    At least they didn't get bought by Atari.

• chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    atwqi1l75opm.png

Ah yes, many moons ago when I played multiplayer anything.

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular

Oh did you turn off any sort of addons or anything? It loaded up just fine for me when I logged in.

It loads up on Firefox for me. Though it's pretty janky. Not sure what the culprit is. I signed in via xbox.com and turned of my ad blocker just in case.

My most played game is Football Manager 2008. Which tracks, actually. But if it tracked combined series, it would probably be Rock Band.

Most played game for 2017 and 2018 is GTA V, which also tracks because there is a kind of flat spot in my gaming over the course of the last decade. Mainly attributed to my flawless internet connectivity.

Third(?) most played game was Mass Effect. And, yeah. Played it fifteen times start-to-finish. Four is 'Rock Band 2 Disc Game For Windo...' which is odd and five is RB3.

Not sure how it tracks first logins. October 9, 2005 is mine on the oXbox and that sounds about right. But then it says first login for 360 was Nov. 5, 2005 and I didn't own one until the end of 2007. And I'm pretty sure I couldn't use my personal login on dev 360s at work.

First X1 login and game came before I actually owned one, but that was because I had a friend use their system to login and buy the complete Pinball Arcade content (Over $300!) using theirs.

First 360 game is listed as MVP Baseball 2005. A game never released, nor ever backward compatible on the 360. Also, it was actually Guitar Hero 2 which is the provider of the first ever achievement.

Rarest achievement is 'Tune Up' which are achievements for both Rock Band 3 and 4. And aren't even considered rare on True Achievements. Rarest achievement (by TA ratio) is 'Level 20' from Game Room. (Which is, perhaps, 'Community Game' that is one of the multiplayer games I've played.

This museum thing is nice and all, but too awkward to want to use for any currently useful information. TA collates it generally better without needing hoops to use it.

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ULlwJ8ZmDo

The closed beta has a sign-up that ends on the 30th and then begins on December 4th.

It loads up on Firefox for me. Though it's pretty janky. Not sure what the culprit is. I signed in via xbox.com and turned of my ad blocker just in case.

It was super janky for me in Firefox as well. But smooth as silk on Chrome. Even gave me the correct values haha.

That's not true Stabbity Style! I don't have a Series X or Xbone. You just go to the website using Chrome and you'll be able to see yours!

It was super janky for me in Firefox as well. But smooth as silk on Chrome. Even gave me the correct values haha.

There you go, I suppose. But like I said, it's not much more than a novelty for me and it wore off fairly quickly.

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Most-Played-Xbox-Games.png

In my defense, Worms is a great game that I am literally always down to play.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    By the by... Fae Tactics is up on Xbox Game Pass and it's really good so far! I've just made it through the tutorial area and it feels very much like FFT. Much more than some other Tactics games I've played recently. Check it out!

Gah, the lack of auto save keeps screwing with me. Had to redo the first 4 battles because I didn't realize I needed to manually save, then I lost another 30 minutes after that because I didn't realize I was hitting no on the "do you want to overwrite" prompt.

Games pretty fun though. Lots of systems to fiddle with and the combo system let's you set up some gnarly damage turns.

• NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Signed in to live for the first time 15 years ago yesterday apparently.

Anyways.
    jc5c3723xphc.jpg

Carpy wrote: »
    By the by... Fae Tactics is up on Xbox Game Pass and it's really good so far! I've just made it through the tutorial area and it feels very much like FFT. Much more than some other Tactics games I've played recently. Check it out!

Gah, the lack of auto save keeps screwing with me. Had to redo the first 4 battles because I didn't realize I needed to manually save, then I lost another 30 minutes after that because I didn't realize I was hitting no on the "do you want to overwrite" prompt.

Games pretty fun though. Lots of systems to fiddle with and the combo system let's you set up some gnarly damage turns.

Yeah I make it a habit of saving after each fight just in case. I really don't trust auto-saves lol.

And the game is still unlocking features and I'm about 5 or so hours into it!

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I want to look up my museum and will do that later, but they really should have made an option to filter any game with the word “destiny” in the title.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular

I tried that. Also tried it in incognito mode and also with the edge browser that doesn't have any addons. I think I just don't have anything.

Stabbity_Style.png
    Elki wrote: »
    I want to look up my museum and will do that later, but they really should have made an option to filter any game with the word “destiny” in the title.

I'd have liked to filter the word "grand"... I'd have settled for "theft" or "auto" as well... >.>

• DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    No surprise, Sunset Overdrive is my most played XBox game. Cumulatively, I've probably put more hours into JSRF over the last 20 years, but my oXBox has never been connected to the internet (and I don't think they were logging that kinda stuff back then anyway).

• LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    I like the museum idea, but it's janky as hell and filled with enough flat-out incorrect information that I can't help but question the stuff I think may be right.

Oh, and one other question about the Xbox 360 E -- will moving it while running carve up your disc inside still?

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I hate that Overwatch and Mass Effect 3 are my post played games. Feels like there should be a multi player free version of that list.

Is the 4:30 to Metropolis achievement actually rare in Injustice 2? *looks it up* oh come on, I’m pretty sure there’s some Cuphead ones I have that are way classier in rarity.

Oh, and one other question about the Xbox 360 E -- will moving it while running carve up your disc inside still?

Try it out and get back to us! :wink:

• RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    I'm amazed at the Max Payne discussion without the posting of the ice cream headache comic.

Also, Tales of Arise is worth a play. 5 hours in from the black friday sale and its great ao far.

edited November 2021
    215123817_97Z7w-L-2.jpg

Those games were so good.

Well, 1 & 2 (especially 2) anyway. I never did play 3...

Jazz on
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »

That may've been the Golden Age of the Penny Arcade Comic. :biggrin:

edited November 2021
    Synthesis wrote: »

The first few years were great. It was all downhill after the legendary I Hope You Like Text.

Jazz on
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Max Payne, the game that got me to upgrade to XP. Turns out the issue wasn't my is but the fan on my video card has died and it would over heat street 5 minutes. In my defense, it was the first time I had a fan on a video card.

Taking a hard look at GotG for $25 from Walmart

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
    I like the museum idea, but it's janky as hell and filled with enough flat-out incorrect information that I can't help but question the stuff I think may be right.

Why would you do this?

I don't have an answer. Only advice: Don't move your consoles whilst running with a disc inserted! Handle discs with care; use only the inner and outer edges to grab. Replace unneeded discs at least into *a* case if not *the* case. If temporary, do not use a hard surface.

And for god's sake, don't move your consoles whilst running with a disc inserted!

Synthesis wrote: »

The first few years were great. It was all downhill after the legendary I Hope You Like Text.

I can't really pinpoint one specific thing. And the archive doesn't allow searching by date, so, meh. But in the end it was a combination of things:

The art change where the characters started looking like little children. Marked by the significant pointed upturn of noses.
    Tycho's rage post about people complaining about the price of Chapter 1 of Rain-slick Precipice.
    Their collective head-up-each-other's-ass regarding the dickwolves comic.

Hanging out with Kurtz wasn't helping. I don't know when I stopped reading, but it has to be at least a decade.

On Max Payne, I played 2 first and then picked up a used copy of the first one. I think I liked 2 better as it was a more polished product, but as a noteworthy experience I didn't regret either. Didn't give much thought to 3 when it was released.

I like the references in Alan Wake, though.

If there's anyone who doesn't know (or doesn't immediately recall) the comic I'm referring to:
    215543608_oPsC3-L-2.jpg

That was 2006, wow. It's been a while. There were still good ones after that (The Only Way To Be Sure, starring FemShep, in 2011 was a pretty great one, even if Tycho's accompanying post seems to throw a rather different angle on it) , but it was a steady decline overall, I think.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    If there's anyone who doesn't know (or doesn't immediately recall) the comic I'm referring to:
    215543608_oPsC3-L-2.jpg

That was 2006, wow. It's been a while. There were still good ones after that (The Only Way To Be Sure, starring FemShep, in 2011 was a pretty great one, even if Tycho's accompanying post seems to throw a rather different angle on it) , but it was a steady decline overall, I think.

They've been going for over 20 years; they're both fathers of teenagers. Edgy Webcomic Author isn't one of those jobs that lasts forever, though they're certainly giving it the old college try. I'm curious if their readerbase changed to a new crop of youngins, or if it's a bunch of 30-40 somethings who've been reading for the last couple of decades.

There's almost something to be said for all the bullshit they've been complaining about for twenty years still being present, if not worse (or at least just more openly acknowledged) today. There's not a lot of difference about bitching about microtransactions back in the 2000's and bitching about NFT's in the 2020's.

Microtransactions in the 2000s weren't actively an environmental threat, though. NFTs are.