As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Sit Down And Have Some Cucumber [chat]wiches

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    it is chunky barf with food coloring

(it is creamed corn- corn, diced onion, butter, heavy cream, salt, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, cayenne)

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Canada vs US World Cup qualifier announced for my city

That’s good!

January 30th

That’s bad!

alright time for me to go to thanksgiving dinner

chances i hear let's go brandon, why did he shut down the pipeline, donald 2024!!, or all of them together- very high, over 75%

this food better be bussin

• MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    all good here. I moved to a new city to start a new job, and that process has come with its own existential terrors

but like Mr Brightside, I’ve been doing just fine

But wasn’t he…not doing fine?

• zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    Ah, finished and served dinner while my wife took a nap, then put all the leftovers away and did dishes / cleaned the kitchen while she played cards. Definitely got some extra husband XP today.

Now pie time.

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Dad got me an early XMas present…an IPhone SE

I’m not there but he messaged me and did some basic setup

I’ve never had an Iphone before but my current potato phone is finally 100% obsolete and will no longer be supported so I needed a replacement

I would have been happy with one of those old person phones from consumer cellular or something but Dad likes to go all out

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
    My friend got pumpkin pie but got me nothing

I HAVE NO DESSERT

zagdrob wrote: »
    Ah, finished and served dinner while my wife took a nap, then put all the leftovers away and did dishes / cleaned the kitchen while she played cards. Definitely got some extra husband XP today.

Now pie time.

What does the extra XP get you?

knitdan wrote: »
    Dad got me an early XMas present…an IPhone SE

I’m not there but he messaged me and did some basic setup

I’ve never had an Iphone before but my current potato phone is finally 100% obsolete and will no longer be supported so I needed a replacement

I would have been happy with one of those old person phones from consumer cellular or something but Dad likes to go all out

dang, that's awesome

reposting this cause its rad

Knowing what he does for charity I'm ok with this and the work put in is INSANE kudos to him and his team

tl;dr Mr Beast recreated every set from Squid Game and its cool as hell
    Every one got 2k, some that left early got 4k and the runner up got 10k, Winner got 456k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e3GPea1Tyg

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    simonwolf wrote: »
    all good here. I moved to a new city to start a new job, and that process has come with its own existential terrors

but like Mr Brightside, I’ve been doing just fine

But wasn’t he…not doing fine?

I quit doing deep reading of texts when I stopped being an Arts and Humanities educator

From now on it’s textual literalism all the time, baby!!

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Fahrenheit 451 is just about book burning

One Hundred Years of Solitude is just about a messed up family

Squid Game is just about a bunch of guys having a bad time

Ok so far there isn’t any political talk but they’re watching ghost hunters shows

Almost as bad tbh

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

Knowing what he does for charity I'm ok with this and the work put in is INSANE kudos to him and his team

Every one got 2k, some that left early got 4k and the runner up got 10k, Winner got 456k

My gut reaction to ANYONE recreating Squid Game will always be 😬. Like, i don't wanna be the "You criticize capitalism yet you yourself own money" idiot or anything but, like... I don't think that's really something you can emulate without a massive dose of self-arwareness. Specifically because "Wow, poor people playing fun games for money" is not really the point of Squid Game.

IDK, i didn't watch the whole Squid Game series. Maybe in the end it's revealed the "dead" people were just playing along.

TL;DR: Mr Beast does a thing that criticises capitalism yet is a capitalism himself. Curious. I am very intelligent.

Gritty is life

Gritty is love

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    We have recreated the Terror Matrix from hit science fiction short story Do Not Create The Terror Matrix vibes going on there, yeah

I’ve watched several “hamsters recreate squid game” videos now and frankly they have more pathos than the original

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    ENXV6fI.jpeg

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Tav wrote: »

the rapids are good this season, yeah! They're still my beloved shitty rapids and i fully expect them to do something embarrassing in the playoffs but right now i'm hype mode

whoop there it is

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

That’s good!

January 30th

That’s bad!

Is this outdoors?

Has the World Cup become a survival event?

My gut reaction to ANYONE recreating Squid Game will always be 😬. Like, i don't wanna be the "You criticize capitalism yet you yourself own money" idiot or anything but, like... I don't think that's really something you can emulate without a massive dose of self-arwareness. Specifically because "Wow, poor people playing fun games for money" is not really the point of Squid Game.

IDK, i didn't watch the whole Squid Game series. Maybe in the end it's revealed the "dead" people were just playing along.

TL;DR: Mr Beast does a thing that criticises capitalism yet is a capitalism himself. Curious. I am very intelligent.

considering the website for the show is just a massive merchandise store and the creator is making a originally unplanned sequel cause Netflix is paying him the world I think talking about capitalism wrt Squid Game isn't really as valid as people like to think it is.

shryke wrote: »

That’s good!

January 30th

That’s bad!

Is this outdoors?

Has the World Cup become a survival event?

yes its outdoors

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

considering the website for the show is just a massive merchandise store and the creator is making a originally unplanned sequel cause Netflix is paying him the world I think talking about capitalism wrt Squid Game isn't really as valid as people like to think it is.

broar, the sounds a lot like saying that the creator can't be making a criticism of capitalism because they themselves benefit from capitalism.

the real squid game was the friends we made along the way

broar, the sounds a lot like saying that the creator can't be making a criticism of capitalism because they themselves benefit from capitalism.

kind of

I mean more towards that people who say "YOUR MISSING THE POINT" with all the parodies and merch when the creator agreed to make an unplanned sequel for what can only be $Texas amounts of cash

some times fiction is fiction and its message isn't anything more then entertainment.

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Woof.

Someone bury me with my mac and cheese.

I am ded

are YOU on the beer list?

kind of

I mean more towards that people who say "YOUR MISSING THE POINT" with all the parodies and merch when the creator agreed to make an unplanned sequel for what can only be $Texas amounts of cash

some times fiction is fiction and its message isn't anything more then entertainment.

I don't care if, to the creators, Squid Game is meaningless things that happens for no reason. That just means the meaning a TON of people got from it is there by coincidence. It's still there, though. THere is a critique of Capitalism to be found and it is valid despite the creator's best efforts.

I reject the idea that fiction can be wholly devoid of message because their creators didn't put it in with pure intent.

Woof.

Someone bury me with my mac and cheese.

I am ded

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1eNW7GG_Q8

if there’s one thing we all know, it’s that authorial action and intent is the total arbiter of meaning when it comes to textual interpretation

now to take a big sip of water and read this essay by Roland Barthes,

I ordered ramen from a new place and the broth is extremely meh, not anywhere near salty enough, i ordered it with ginger and they didn't put any in and overall wasn't great.

This sucks. My celebration is dashed.

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

Anything for you Gritty

Bless your heart.

That’s good!

January 30th

That’s bad!

that’s probably good for Canada tbf

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Tav what the fuck have you done to me.

I wasn't supposed to luck into winning $70 today

66dve9xztvry.png

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
    sickos.jpeg

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    gritty isn't a fan of fisting

Bless your heart.
    TTODewback wrote: »
    gritty isn't a fan of fisting

very disappointed.

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

"The website says it's in stock" followed by them checking the back actually works a decent amount of the time in my experience.

This discussion has been closed.