As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Sit Down And Have Some Cucumber [chat]wiches

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Tag urself, I'm #6.

xlbupajpyfvm.jpg

Forever 6

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Arcane

Is good

• IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I am baking raspberry scones and sipping some 2014 Apothic Red.

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/black_friday_2021
    On Thanksgiving night, a group of disgruntled toy store employees begrudgingly arrive for work to open the store at midnight for the busiest shopping day of the year. Meanwhile, an alien parasite crashes to Earth in a meteor. This group of misfits led by store manager Jonathan (Bruce Campbell) and longtime employee Ken (Devon Sawa) soon find themselves battling against hordes of holiday shoppers who have been turned into monstrous creatures hellbent on a murderous rampage on Black Friday.

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    The Hunt for Red October on NES is a trip

I played The Hunt For Red October on the Gameboy, which is similarly strange and weird.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    I don't why Thanksgiving is so cursed, but Hahnsboo and I started talking about politics and religion over dinner tonight. Of course, we align pretty well on both politics and religion, so it was a nice discussion rather than an argument, but it's not usually a dinnertime subject of conversation. I blame Thanksgiving.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    I am so tired and the baby does not want to sleep at Nana's house.

She knows.

She knows we're in Phoenix and is displeased.

Aioua on
    life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • TuminTumin Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    My stuff worked out

I forgot the mint in one of my lamb pies

I bailed on egg wash

My food processor caesar dressing recipe failed horribly and my backup emuslification plan failed too and people ate fishy cheesy olive oil with a smile

Anyway 9/10

Tumin on
  • VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Tag urself, I'm #6.

xlbupajpyfvm.jpg

Forever 6

4 here

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    It's fucked up how much content is coming out. It's frankly immoral, like those clickwrap contracts where everyone knows that there simply isn't enough time to read the aggregate EULAs you encounter in your life. But in re: content: something should be done about all that, whether they simply upload grandly arbitrated simstims directly into my metaverse-augmented eyes, or whether I continue my hand-to-mouth existence of scrounging video recaps of the culture at large with the pertinent wikipedia plot summaries open in another tab...

I'm tired of having to choose, of having to curate my own self-actualization, of living with the regret that comes with infinite content in a finite lifetime. Times used to be that when I was paddling by the mansions in my little jonboat, I could hear the strings (sometimes two, sometimes five, but never in a quartet) playing Boccherini, and the night music would flow alongside me and the Mississippi. Perhaps that wide brown river was the Styx, and I was Achilles, being steeped into it by my betters - it's funny how the modern term is cultured, like a tea bag left in too long. Times used to be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6rBVmDMMKk

In any case if the Mass Effect television show doesn't atone for all of Game of Thrones' latter day sins, I'm going to QUIT SMOKING FOREVER

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    eddy's an influencer and now i'm watching neo yokio

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    I am so tired and the baby does not want to sleep at Nana's house.

She knows.

She knows we're in Phoenix and is displeased.

the problem might actually be that she doesn't know we're in Phoenix and has no respect for time zones, which is a rookie mistake on my part

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Ilpala wrote: »
    STOP IT THEY ARE NOT REBOOTING THE FRESH PRINCE OF BEL-AIR

LET MEDIA DIE YOU FUCKS.

Stale prince of bel-air

• IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    It isn't even the first early 90s show they're reviving for that streaming service.

They defibrillated the corpse of Saved by the Bell, too.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Tag urself, I'm #6.

xlbupajpyfvm.jpg

Forever 6

Currently 5.

Are way too much. Set off something and my stomach feels like ass.

But my pumpkin pie was remarked as better than Costco's. My dressing was a hit. Gf's Mac and cheese was mostly consumed with excellent feed back.

Just way too much food.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Just finished Shang Chi

Woof the back half of that really plummeted in quality

I enjoyed the first half a lot at least

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Just finished Shang Chi

Woof the back half of that really plummeted in quality

I enjoyed the first half a lot at least

The whole big fight felt inserted by committee. Especially after how the movie was fun and grounded for so much of it.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • BSoBBSoB Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    Eddy wrote: »
    Wait, no vertical monitor? How do you code, or write poetry, or look at mature portrait images?

i was just saying yesterday how i want to become- in the second arc of my life- that guy who can quote poetry at appropriate moments. right now i have these lines memorized:

1) theirs not to reason why,
    2) like a patient etherized upon a table

that's it so far, what else

If you add gang aft agley as a response to anytime someone mentions "The best laid plans of mice and men" then you look real smart.

It's never quite gotten me laid or anything, but it always impresses.

• KamiroKamiro Registered User regular
    Almost made it through the entire holidays without talking politics.

But alas, my FIL decided to rail about how the media is terrible at giving out COVID information and he doesn't want to get the booster because no one is telling the truth. So close to a stress free weekend.

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    On the one hand- people at dinner were talking about how Kyle R. is a cool and mature teenager who has a strong sense of responsibility. They also said that in a way what happened was good because it was natural selection- the trash taking itself out.

On the other hand- my creamed corn was a rousing success and also there was pumpkin cheesecake.

• P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    thanksgiving dinner is a land of contrasts

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    On the one hand- people at dinner were talking about how Kyle R. is a cool and mature teenager who has a strong sense of responsibility. They also said that in a way what happened was good because it was natural selection- the trash taking itself out.

On the other hand- my creamed corn was a rousing success and also there was pumpkin cheesecake.

cool.

• SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    hunt for red October - Drake no
    Harpoon - Drake yes

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »
    Almost made it through the entire holidays without talking politics.

But alas, my FIL decided to rail about how the media is terrible at giving out COVID information and he doesn't want to get the booster because no one is telling the truth. So close to a stress free weekend.

In his defense the media is terrible at giving out COVID information

Because they care about ratings more than giving out accurate information

Everything he said after that is p dumb tho

So Arcane is, without a doubt, a milestone in animation. It really absolutely needs to win awards for this.

Right, just like antivaxxers!

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    I had Thanksgiving dinner at my sisters house with my nephews and niece and it was wonderful and I completely fucking wrecked them all in Smash Brothers. They're all teenagers so they know what's up and even called me out the first game for taking it easy on them.

Then all 3 of them, me, my sister, and sister in law did some lewd as hell Jackbox games and it was hella fun. Quiplash was the absolute standout.

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    A 1:30PM flight arrives at 6AMish in Paris... yeesh, that's really gonna mess up a sleep schedule.

wVEsyIc.png
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

I've had two kinds of it, one where the pumpkin and cream cheese are mixed together and one where they're layered.

I much preferred the layered but lets be honest I would destroy either.

• TuminTumin Registered User regular
    Necroprince of Bel Air

• navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Reigning King of Bel Air

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    Arcane

Is good
    i prefer bloodtinge

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    this is a story all about how
    borat voice my wife got flipped turned upside down

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    CNN is still a news site, right?

3sdr0pfmehhb.png

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    CNN is still a news site, right?

3sdr0pfmehhb.png

CNN Underscored is its e-commerce buying guide section, so... it's full of ads yes

aRkpc.gif
  • JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Thanksgiving dinner went well except for when I tried to convince my Mother in Law to get the vaccine but then she of course heard from her sister who knows someone whose mom is a nurse and she said something bad happened

So who are you going to believe really, every reputable medical source or a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy?

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
    JebusUD wrote: »
    Thanksgiving dinner went well except for when I tried to convince my Mother in Law to get the vaccine but then she of course heard from her sister who knows someone whose mom is a nurse and she said something bad happened

So who are you going to believe really, every reputable medical source or a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy?

I dunno which source gels better with my preconceived notions?

@Orca you said you wanted more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRT_V_3rK3I

Absolutely incredible

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    i'm in a bad mood all of a sudden.

i'm just not taking the rejection well after all, i guess.

good bye.

• JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    JebusUD wrote: »

I dunno which source gels better with my preconceived notions?

I heard a friend's sister's cousin gelled with their preconceived notions once and then died.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
This discussion has been closed.