As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam] Remote Play Together Sale (2/28 - 3/7) - Get some games! Play with friends!

• JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    @Pixelated Pixie knows exactly what the primary use of my eventual Steam Deck is going to be. (And, to be fair, a use my laptop can be pressed into as well.) I was always, always gonna double-dip on this (picked it up on Xbox at launch) but I'd been holding off.

Now, not only did this happen but it should be noted that Pixie was REPEATEDLY thwarted by the BrexitShield, the EuroShield, whichever it was. Then Steam itself grumbling at an attempt at an odd amount of currency. None of this was enough to thwart them in the end, though - Pixie will always prevail. And when they do they will make my night.

3kc1q8ce48mv.jpg

It was damn close, just 10p out (a Steam flaw rather than a Pixie miscalculation, I should add). Thank you so much for Mass Effect: Legendary Edition: By Proxy With Love And Great Effort: And With Added Colons. You da best. :heartbeat:

#GiftPixie for being awesome.

Jazz on
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Okay yeah the converter lied to me, cuz I plugged £31.89 in. Stoopid googles.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    I took a hard pass on Destiny when I looked it up recently for that reason. I play games mostly for story, if you gate off old content, why should I care about the setting?

Yeah, Destiny is a fun well made game, but I can't support terrible decisions like that. Especially for someone like me who plays through games really slow. I've heard of people buying certain expansions or content and coming back to the game and not being able to play something they paid for and that's crazy and would totally be me. Everyone thought breaking away from Activision would be good for the game, but Bungie seems perfectly capable of messing the game up on their own.

Yo, that's me.

I was really enjoying Desinty 2 until they locked away content I paid for and hadn't done yet. I won't be giving Bungie any more money, which sucks, becuase the last time I gave them money it went to Activision.

• heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    oh yeah I forgot that it wasn't JUST red war they took out. But they've now removed an actual expansion from the game. Ooof. that's rough.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    I have no friends who play videogames :( and destiny 2 lost me when all the content that wasn’t trivially easy was hidden behind no matchmaking :(

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    pila8iudi5g4.jpg

@Spoit gifted me more D&D goodness. Always fun. Thanks a lot. <3<3

Solasta is good shit.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    oh yeah. I played a little bit of that last time I had game pass. It was pretty good, though I didn't get far before I couldn't afford it anymore.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • MalakaiusMalakaius KalamazooRegistered User regular
    bvmdybav0tsp.jpg
    @Pixelated Pixie thought I needed more Dead Cells Music, Thanks Pixie <3

PSN: Malakaius- | Steam: Malakaius Switch: SW-4569-5525-1983
  • PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    Flip some Houses? Don't mind if I do. Thanks @Questor!

0c2jg2ex94vc.png

Totally not @Questor sent me a dorfromantik, which is a word I'm not sure how to make sense of!

Thanks! <3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    It means "Village Romanticization" in German.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
    And here I thought maybe it involved romancing dwarfs.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Somehow, I feel I have made the game worse for you by doing this.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Hmmm. I thought I was done with this sale after grabbing Horizon, but it appears that Planet Zoo is 50% off with all DLC and I've been eyeing that for a while.

Fuck, Death Stranding is 70% off too.

-Loki- on
    9asi7phav0ol.png

@Karoz is telling me to grow up I think.

I don't wanna

Thanks! <3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    As Turkey Day winds down here in the US, I just want to say that I’m thankful for all you crazy kids.

Thanks for being a cool group of hoopy froods who really know where your towels are.

• SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    Pillars of Eternity II has taught me that I should never, ever be allowed to christen ships

xo6uu9r8v371.jpeg

5gsowHm.png
  • DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    I don't remember which one of you cats recommended Tokyo 42. It was quite a few pages back. I just picked it up since it's 50% off. Only played a few missions, but it seems pretty cool so far.

• ArmsForPeace84ArmsForPeace84 Your Partner In Freedom Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Syngyne wrote: »
    Pillars of Eternity II has taught me that I should never, ever be allowed to christen ships

xo6uu9r8v371.jpeg

That is a floating dad joke, and I love it.

Looking forward to hearing what you named your junk.

ArmsForPeace84 on
    Nothing personal. It's just business.
  • DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Well, in the end, I did beat the aesthetic and I started LOTRO after the talk here.

Made myself a Hobbit Warden, because they're the only race where I could get the character creator to make something cute, and spears are cool enough that I'm willing to drop a few bucks into the game to get to start with the spear class. Did the introduction and a bit of the beginning in the Shire, got to level 8 poking around Michel Delving.

So @JaysonFour I seem to remember you were the resident guru on this game, any tips to keep in mind, and stuff I should absolutely get in the sales with the leftover lotro points from getting the Warden? (And sorry if I pinged you in the wrong thread before)

Steam ID: Right here.
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Drascin wrote: »
    Well, in the end, I did beat the aesthetic and I started LOTRO after the talk here.

Made myself a Hobbit Warden, because they're the only race where I could get the character creator to make something cute, and spears are cool enough that I'm willing to drop a few bucks into the game to get to start with the spear class. Did the introduction and a bit of the beginning in the Shire, got to level 8 poking around Michel Delving.

So JaysonFour I seem to remember you were the resident guru on this game, any tips to keep in mind, and stuff I should absolutely get in the sales with the leftover lotro points from getting the Warden? (And sorry if I pinged you in the wrong thread before)

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/242513/lotro-from-the-shire-to-mordor-and-back-again-and-again-and-again

He just started a new thread in the MMO subforum. Apparently lots of Black Friday stuff.

Fencingsax on
  • AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    I finished Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy today. I am impressed by how good this game is, even though it is definitely not doing anything new when it comes to the gameplay. Still, it serves it's purpose and is generally fun.

Where this game shines is story, visuals, music, voice acting and atmosphere - I would never expect it to focus so hard on the plot and characters, and yet it does much more than anyone would expect, making it overall a very memorable experience.

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I guess page 12 is as good as ever. I'll be doing my Extra-Life 2021 marathon on Saturday, November 27th. It's later than usual and it'll only be ~12 hours, but I imagine I'll start around 10am EST and go until I get tired which will probably be around midnight. My goal will be $2k as always, and I'll be raffling the usual steam prizes (One steam game of your choice, and a $100USD digital Steam Card) from the previous runs, but nothing physical this time around. All you need to do to enter the raffle is donate at least $5 by the following Sunday morning. I'll pull winners then and post them here :). Try to include your PA name in the donation message so I can message you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Koopah is the dono link! I'll have a Twitch extension up on my channel as well thanks to Extra-Life making streamer's lives easy.

Thanks friends! <3

Thanks to @Iolo for donating!

This is tomorrow! Even if you are unable to donate, please stop by and say hello anyways. More viewers the better.

• MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Grabbed The Forest to get that survival/crafting fix and the sound design in this game frequently scares me. From the sudden crack of lightning to the creepy chittering of cannibals hidden off in the trees. Now I just have to try and be brave enough to venture out past my tree house

Mulletude on
    XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    The Forest has some seriously fucked up shit in it, buckle up. Most of the sounds you hear in the distance are coming from actual goddamn things in the distance instead of ambient noise.

Also get ready for your sleep schedule to force you to be awake throughout the night if you don't manage it properly. Talk about terrifying!

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    I just made my person sleep and they woke up in the pitch dark... D:

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Mulletude wrote: »
    I just made my person sleep and they woke up in the pitch dark... D:

Oh you're in for it now!

Only way to not have this happen every night now is to stay awake through the following night, then sleep at dusk the next day, as the game won't let you sleep any earlier than 24 hours after the last time you went to sleep.

Good Luck! Set up lots of Happy Birthdays!

Twitch: Thawmus83
    edited November 2021
    I picked up this little game during the sale called Microcosmum: survival of cells.

TLDR: Fun little time waster best bought on sale for a deep discount.

Microcosmum is a very simple game that's a bit of a cross between RTS and Tower Defense. You're a microscopic lifeform swimming around with the ability to evolve, grow, and assimilate other cells. Your goal: survive. Sounds pretty cool, right? Like I said it's a simple game. There's a basic tutorial but other than that the game doesn't explain a whole lot.

Your character is a cell like organism that produces antibodies(your military units). You can direct these at cells you control to level them up. Each cell can level up about three times. Leveling up means growing larger, becoming tougher in the process, with the ability to produce more antibodies. You can also send these antibodies out to convert other neutral and enemy cells or intercept enemy antibodies.

The levels are basically cave like areas that you swim around in. There are a couple types of plants that show up. One kind throws out spores when you bump into them that don't seem to do anything. Another kind will suck in and eat antibodies. These can be used for defense against enemy forces by hiding near them but they'll eat your antibodies too. There are stationary traps that will entrap and hold any cell that gets too close. Other than that they don't offer any kind of bonus/penalty modifier. Sometimes a level will have hostile antibodies that don't belong to anyone. You can bump enemy cells into these which damages them. Last but not least some levels will have triangle shaped bomb cells that explode when shot or bumped into. They will heavily damage larger organisms and wipe out smaller ones.

After you beat a level you'll find various gene fragments. Combine three fragments to form a gene. Combine three genes to form an upgraded gene. You have 20 slots available. You have four stats you can upgrade: armor, organism's speed, antibody speed, and upgrade speed up to a maximum of 100% in a stat. I was disappointed to find you can't sacrifice, for example, armor at that point in favor of more antibody speed. Nothing can be pushed over 100%.

I bought the New Life DLC which adds another campaign with bosses that drop new abilities. The base game's upgrade path is simplistic and boring. The New Life DLC is a step in the right direction but I think it would be far more interesting if the game had a more in depth upgrade tree.

I also bought a random level generator DLC but given how simplistic the upgrade options are I'm not sure how much replayability the game has.

There's no character customization included with the base game but there's a DLC pack you can buy that allows you to choose between five different color themes. The choices are lacking and it leaves a lot to be desired. Customization could be expanded and should have been the default.

The graphics are very simple. Not a lot of eye candy here.

There are a couple levels where they do some interesting things with the mechanics but by and large level design is pretty basic.

There was one level where I messed up and ended up losing all but one cell organism. I almost restarted but decided to play it out. I switched strategies and fled finding cover among some antibody eating plants while the enemy sat inside a horseshoe shaped cave sending antibodies at me that got eaten by the plants. I was able to recover and slowly assimilate enemy cells until I won. That's not really a testament to my skill so much as the stupidity of the AI.

The only bug I've run into so far is that sometimes your antibodies or even the cell organism itself can be bumped outside the playfield. You can restart a level if it's going badly at no penalty. Losing a level(at least on normal difficulty) doesn't penalize you either.

The game did well enough that a second one was developed but hasn't been released yet. Sounds like it will have some new mechanics so I'll probably pick that up at some point too.

Poketpixie on
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Pixie insisted I needed to Bleed. Thanks for Bleed & Bleed 2!

tlv8moayyy8a.jpg

• manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Well the damage this sale was Disco Elysium and Valkyria Chronicles 1 & 4 pack.

And I still have Yakuza 7 to finished. :V

• AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Kept damage to Paradise Killer, just finished and EXECUTED JUSTICE.

it's alright

Alegis on
  • MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Horizon: Zero Dawn or Death Stranding?

I may pick up some titles for the Switch as well.

Mugsley wrote: »
    Horizon: Zero Dawn or Death Stranding?

I may pick up some titles for the Switch as well.

HZD, hands down.

Also

x540lxu9llv8.png

@Spoit did a thing. I've heard this is great, and also full of feels. Thanks! <3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    Also. New V says hi.

?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    How many is this, now?

3. Not counting the one I already beat the game with or the 2nd one that I got 3/4 through the game and stopped playing like 9 months ago.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Noms done. https://store.steampowered.com/steamawards/nominations/76561198000774776?k=9080389360847537133

GOTY: Cyberpunk 2077
    VR: Car Mechanic Simulator VR
    Labor of Love: American Truck Simulator
    Better with Friends: Halo Infinite
    Visual Style: Life is Strange: True Colors
    Innovative Gameplay: Road 96
    Game I suck at: Subverse
    Soundtrack: Guardians of the Galaxy
    Story-Rich: Mass Effect Legendary Edition (as the devs have requested it be nominated for this one in particular)
    Sit back and relax: Retroarch

I guessed a bit with VR, Visual, Innovative and Soundtrack (games I'd like to play, to be fair), and Subverse is just making a joke really...