As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Sit Down And Have Some Cucumber [chat]wiches

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    If you can't squeeze mayo it's probably been left out in the sun too long

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    the funniest thing Dave Chapelle has done in the last 20 years is call Chris Tucker an A-list star
    flexing on actual high school kids and then immediately backpedaling is so fucking funny

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2021
    Orphane wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    i still like cooking complicated, high falutin, high effort meals

but also as i age i am more and more interested in buying mayonnaise, sour cream etc in a tube to minimize cleanup

i am made of multitudes

Ain't condiments in a squeeze bottle or the like just sensible, though

they totes are but they're still in the small minority, ime. and you usually pay a premium for the convenience ;_;

Organichu on
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Huh they found new glitch in Bloodborne that lets you have infinite ammo and rapid fire on any gun.

• japanjapan Registered User regular
    I have pulled enough long days this week that I'm planning on knocking off at 3

I have done the two meetings I had in the calendar for today

My motivation is not at its peak

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Sub £500 transatlantic flights are pretty banging

Big fan of those new squeezy bottles for hellmans that have the coating inside which keeps the mayonnaise from clinging

I realise that environmentally this is probably the equivalent of feeding am endangered seal directly into a wood chipper and/or there will probably be a scandal in twenty years about it causing birth defects

trym54l5a4uj.jpeg

why is he green hued

• TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    i woke up at 230 and enjoyed my first turkey-and-mayonnaise sandwich of the season

second- i disliked ron white's material even in my fancy pants youth, because i was appalled at what seemed like genuine, non-chuckling apathy about drunk driving from him and his audience

Yeah I always roll my eyes at those but it's also sort of a bit with him. I'm pretty well convinced he's making fun of the audience there.

why is he green hued

zombie?

i just got access to the web portal for my new job's health coverage

weight loss surgery covered 100% with no cost to me...

• TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    One day, I was picking up dog turds on my front yard, and I realized something: there are 6 people who work for me full-time, so I'm slowly reevaluating everybody's position at Ron White Inc., so that next time, I won't have to be the dog-turd-picker-upper. It's a tie between my pool boy and my tax attorney...and I'm leaning towards the tax attorney. But as I'm picking up these turds, I see one that's massive, even by Sluggo's standards, which are legendary, and I know it's his, because he outshits the Scotties 2-to-1. I'm looking at this turd – I'm admiring it, really – and I begin to think there's lettering on the side of it. I go in the house and get my glasses, because I can't read shit without my glasses. [Audience laughs] And it does. It says "Midland Park Golf Course". Sluggo had eaten and shat whole a golf glove, velcro and all...I rinsed it off and been using it for three weeks.

• MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    I should find a place that sells cheesecake and then eat that in front of my friend who only got pumpkin pie for dessert and left me without dessert.

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Morning leftover turkeys and microwaved stuffing

are YOU on the beer list?
  • AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Morning leftover turkeys and microwaved stuffing

One of the staff cooked a whole-ass turkey for just three people to eat at work tonight so I have a mountain of leftovers to bring home

• AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    I should find a place that sells cheesecake and then eat that in front of my friend who only got pumpkin pie for dessert and left me without dessert.

Junior’s?

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Good morning turkeys

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    whole ass-turkey

6Music playing Another Sky. I really liked their tiny desk performance

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oi0uBhX9fxI

Need to make a note to try to catch them live at some point

• durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited November 2021

I have to actually look closely at my job's health coverage. They really emphasized the consumer-driven nature of it so I'm pretty sure it sucks.

The best part was when they excitedly showed a graph that had like "Growth rate of HSA funds vs growth of 401ks" which was several kinds of fucked up

1.) A Health Savings Account is presumably intended to pay for my healthcare, not to be a savings account with a great growth rate.
    2.) The maximum you can deposit per year in an HSA is $3,600, so even if it grows really fast it isn't like it's going to significantly compete with a 401k
    3.) What the fuck, why is this part of my healthcare? Why are you pitching this like a great deal? Why do I not just get medical care paid for? Why do I need to make a decision about withdrawing from a special account that's like a mini-401k?
    4.) If I contribute to this to the maximum amount for 5 years I will be able to pay out of pocket for like three days in the ER.

I'm still contributing since I have the money now and odds are good I will have some sort of significant medical event that will require spending it later but I very much do not like this system.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    why is he green hued

Omg karen you can’t just ask people why they’re green hued

• zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    We had this little lady (Ruby) come visit yesterday and I think Cobalt could tell she was another Cattle Dog. We were stressed because she clearly had puppies recently but then ate like she was half starved. We were able to find the neighbor's house where she lives - apparently she was dumped a month or so back and the house that took her in just lets her run free. :mad:

A v. Good girl.

7nlrn09ahwlm.jpg

Edit - also both of us had to do double takes because her markings were close enough we thought Cobalt had gotten out at a glance.

zagdrob on
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Chat I'm in a good mood today.

Think I am going to do a little black Friday shopping and get a kindle for myself, and for the house, two heavy moisture dehumidifiers and some charcoal bags.

...and an ipad and apple pencil for wife because she's getting back into comics.

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    why is he green hued

Omg karen you can’t just ask people why they’re green hued
    chu: so like where are you from
    old man: springfield
    chu: no like, where are you from

Kindle acquired, home depot order in the cart awaiting wife's approval, and now time to find an ipad for wife

Kindle acquired, home depot order in the cart awaiting wife's approval, and now time to find an ipad for wife

Good luck

Earliest wife could get one for me was the week of xmas

I have to actually look closely at my job's health coverage. They really emphasized the consumer-driven nature of it so I'm pretty sure it sucks.

The best part was when they excitedly showed a graph that had like "Growth rate of HSA funds vs growth of 401ks" which was several kinds of fucked up

1.) A Health Savings Account is presumably intended to pay for my healthcare, not to be a savings account with a great growth rate.
    2.) The maximum you can deposit per year in an HSA is $3,600, so even if it grows really fast it isn't like it's going to significantly compete with a 401k
    3.) What the fuck, why is this part of my healthcare? Why are you pitching this like a great deal? Why do I not just get medical care paid for? Why do I need to make a decision about withdrawing from a special account that's like a mini-401k?
    4.) If I contribute to this to the maximum amount for 5 years I will be able to pay out of pocket for like three days in the ER.

I'm still contributing since I have the money now and odds are good I will have some sort of significant medical event that will require spending it later but I very much do not like this system.

i really hate how overcomplicated healthcare coverage (and the assorted spending accounts) can be. i'm no expert, but in case you're looking for thoughts: when i had an HSA eligible plan (i no longer do), i contributed the maximum. the investment aspect didn't much matter to me because i knew i'd be spending it all on healthcare in the near future. but:

-contributions are pretax, and
    -they never expire, so you don't have to carefully plan for healthcare expenses

so for me it's like- i could contribute more to my 401k, and that might perform better. but: taxes. with a 401k it's tax-free going in but taxed going out (in a few decades). an HSA works similarly but if you use the funds on health expenses it's tax free in both directions. hard to beat that, imo.

my advice is if you frequently use medical services, max out the HSA. i wouldn't use it as an investment vehicle, if you don't often incur big medical charges.

• HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »

Coming down while surrounded by the Billie Barry kids?
    That's a rough fate.

sig.gif
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    dyyev26h5dtb.jpeg

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    good morning fellow smartfellers.

today's mission kinda sucks.

90rd65gkaea1.jpeg

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I would name a cat Orb

edited November 2021
    also dang am i just pleased as punch about my new insurance.

all basic diagnostic panels- blood work, ekgs, urinalysis etc- are completely free to me. this is the case whether they're done at my primary care doctor's, whether they're sent to an outside lab, whether they're collected or analyzed by a hospital etc. i used to pay $600 for my big annual blood workup of a1c, lipids, cholesterol etc. now it's completely free to me!

all radiology, xrays etc are completely free- including sonograms and ultrasounds. this is also true, like above, whether it's done at my pcp's or at a third party office or in a hospital. i have been charged more than five hundred buckaroos for an xray in the past. if i get advanced imaging like an MRI or CT scan- free if done at my doctor's office, capped at 250 if i'm sent to some third party office. been charged over a thousand bucks for this in the past.

mental health stuff- inpatient or outpatient, 'extended stays', daily or weekly programs etc- all 0 cost to me. when i had to do 5 days a week of p intensive therapy, it cost me- an absurd amount. it was one of the reasons i filed bankruptcy.

anyway i am chuffed to bits that medical care is no longer a financial stressor for me 8-)

Organichu on
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    UpAhOCm.jpeg

This discussion has been closed.