As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

One Year In, We are Still Playing [Genshin Impact]

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Brody wrote: »
    Does character ability ever start to catch up with the world bosses when you get higher WL? Or like, Fatui?

Not sure what you mean. You generally scale upward as the world bosses do, it's just more gear and skill improvements than just straight levels.

Just feeling like I'm having a hard time getting things done, and I'm only at level 6, and dreading gaining another.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • XantusXantus Registered User regular
    Does character ability ever start to catch up with the world bosses when you get higher WL? Or like, Fatui?

Not sure what you mean. You generally scale upward as the world bosses do, it's just more gear and skill improvements than just straight levels.

Just feeling like I'm having a hard time getting things done, and I'm only at level 6, and dreading gaining another.

WL 6/7 is kind of the tipping point there. world bosses can start to feel easier once you figure out the right teamcomp for each one.

but also if it really is a slog, just lower WL until you get some upgrades. the difference in rewards is not that major.

• Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    Does character ability ever improve to put you on par? No. Talents help a little but not enough. What the power scaling in the game comes from are Weapons and Artifacts, which kind of sucks! Not gonna lie about that. Weapons are easier and harder since, like, once you have some good ones, you can generally build them up and pass them around depending on teams. It's Artifacts that suck. You need to know what set(s) work for a character for set bonuses (either a good 4 piece set or two 2-pieces), you need to figure out the good main stats to try for and then you have to....keep doing artifact dungeons until you get the artifacts that meet those requirements. You can generally get a set easy enough for the bonus and use that to be a little better toward getting the more focused gear but it can be a real slog.

I usually shoot for an artifact to have two desirable sub-stats for the character it's intended for (double-crit or crit and atk% for DPS, EM or ER for supports, but stat%'s in general are at least more worth than flat stats, especially for the characters that scale off the lesser used stats) and hope they roll into those two. But if they haven't by +8, I just keep it until I get something better and then feed that +8 to whatever's better.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    From what I recall, AR45 is the mark where the game was at its hardest. The difficulty jumps there, especially regarding the tier of artifact domains you unlock at that level. But that's also the point where you can start making your characters really strong, so it should only get easier from there. I don't recall the world levels after that being particularly problematic increases in difficulty.

I remember thinking that the Primo Geovishap was a poorly designed boss, just way too much health to deal with in a reasonable timeframe for a world boss. Now it goes down consistently in a cycle of bursts. I was honestly kinda shocked how much of a difference of an experience fighting it was when I was getting materials for Hu Tao.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

which ones giving you trouble?

obF2Wuw.png

I was trying to do the first Raiden Shogun fight, and partly misunderstood the point, but also kept getting wrecked. But also just, lightning fatui, always. It always takes me forever to kill them.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2021

I was trying to do the first Raiden Shogun fight, and partly misunderstood the point, but also kept getting wrecked. But also just, lightning fatui, always. It always takes me forever to kill them.

You need cryo for the electrohammer guys. Diona's burst brings them to their knees in one cast for example. Fatui can be real bastards if you aren't prepared or if you get the cryo fatui and it rains etc. Easiest way to deal with 3+ fatui group is to just go all-out right away, fire as many bursts it takes before they get their elemental armors up. Once they are all armored up it can be a painful slog if you are missing the required element, though since it is a resistance buff you can sort of get past it if you have enough resist shred.

Mirkel on
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited November 2021

ok lightning fatui are just stupid and despite the cue u would expect - that u hit them with a suitable reaction - its ONLY cryo that breaks their shield, everything else just tickles their nipples

i dont ever use a cryo character because i just play my idiot free to play moron squad of favonius idiots so i try and cc and burst them down before they shield up, which is kinda possible, but thats not ur party at fault theyre just a shit enemy design

raiden shogun is just whatever shes another bad boss

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
    One thing that the game really fails to do is explain or suitably demonstrate the difference in different enemy shields. You fight enough abyss mages early on that you can start to get a handle on what elements are really effective at dealing with them and which ones are just kind of effective, and then for the fatui shields, you have to use the singular correct element or you're in for a slog if they get their shield up with a lot of health remaining.

And it doesn't even feel like the "correct" element is consistent, since electro isn't nearly as good as cryo for dealing with hydro shields, except the fatui's.

• cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    the one good thing about fatui is with enough physical res shred you can often ignore the shields. Especially for me the fire guys since i never have water on my team.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
    cursedking wrote: »
    the one good thing about fatui is with enough physical res shred you can often ignore the shields. Especially for me the fire guys since i never have water on my team.

My primary DPS right now is Childe, so I just sort of laugh at fire fatui

using childe soldiers thats messed up dude...

obF2Wuw.png
    At least it's not Sayu, she's still trying to grow.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    At least it's not Sayu, she's still trying to grow sleep.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    It can be both, Shadowfire. The power of the Yoohoo Ninja Arts is astounding.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »

Is it possible to learn such a power?

steam_sig.png
  • PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Auralynx wrote: »

Is it possible to learn such a power?

Teach me your ways.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • eMoandereMoander Registered User regular
    First snowman!

xdwvbrf8u51y.jpeg

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Land with magic, alchemy, dragons, and gods.

Cannot conceptualize at all the notion of a device that turns fruit into juice and dismisses it as malarkey.

"I can transmute it and give the fruit arms and legs. But turn it into juice? Now you're just talking nonsense."

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • eMoandereMoander Registered User regular
    I have to assume that’s a translation error. Paimon wants to preserve the fruit, so turning it into juice doesn’t make sense anyways. I guess we’ll see when we get to the end.

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
    ETNU2DN5NZRR

Should be 60 primos.

• Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    eMoander wrote: »
    I have to assume that’s a translation error. Paimon wants to preserve the fruit, so turning it into juice doesn’t make sense anyways. I guess we’ll see when we get to the end.

Maybe it's an extended joke about the Juicero? At the end of the event, you can spend 4 million mora to get a juicer of your own.

• Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    I read it mostly like, "Paimon is asking Alchemists to make machines and they can't, meanwhile the Traveler is tormenting her by acting like she's asking for the world" when really she's just asking the wrong people.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
    u know what would be sick an opt-in selected pity mechanic for 4*s

so every x 4* u get the 4* u want or whatever

for reasons of course

obF2Wuw.png
    u know what would be sick an opt-in selected pity mechanic for 4*s

so every x 4* u get the 4* u want or whatever

for reasons of course

I get gacha has to gacha. But I’m kind of baffled there’s no way to build targeted pity towards characters you want.

Because having more systems for guaranteeing we get what we want would reduce overall rolling/spending. What's really baffling to me is that the pity system is as generous as it already is.

this comment sponsored by me hitting c6 bennett (i will never use him hes a man and has shorts not jorts) c6 noelle c5 lisa c4 nigguang and still have literally never pulled an amber,,, the good hero,,, i just want to explode my bunny....

image0-20.png

obF2Wuw.png
    Because having more systems for guaranteeing we get what we want would reduce overall rolling/spending. What's really baffling to me is that the pity system is as generous as it already is.

"Because it's a gacha game designed to keep us playing every day and spend money" is the answer to a lot of "why" questions about the game.

edited November 2021

this is incorrect; i have infinite money and infinite desire for c6 amber. if they allowed a pity system with infinitesimal return they would make close to infinite money from me, justifying such a system immediately

its simple economy

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    I can't overstate how happy I am that
    Albedo just comes out and admits he's some kind of golem.

It's been obvious, but especially coming off the most-recent story chapter it'd stopped being a secret worth keeping.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

edited November 2021
    i was screen sharing with a friend and when they saw i was playing amber lisa geo traveller noelle when i had so many "good" characters unlevelled they called me a "huge moron" and "i was letting down waifus everywhere"

but he was wrong... i am the one who was faithful...

also

md5yma71jkdu.png

hell yea

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
    edited November 2021
    my friend who has just started has been screen sharing her wishes and i have watched her pull, in front of my eyes, 2 ambers

im being tormented

EDIT: shes now shooting the bunny foot in front of me repeatedly

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    The Hunt for Red Outrider is neverending.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    The Hunt for Red Outrider is neverending.

“I would like to have seen Monstadt.”

Well, my artifact luck since the patch has been total crap but getting 3 Rosarias with 30 wishes when she's the only 4* I want out of this banner is pretty nice. Still waiting to see if I get Eula or a Qiqi constellation, I'm around 77 pity right now so the verdict should be soon ready.

Does the game have a way to check your roll history?

• bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular

If you mean for rolling characters on the banners (and not the artifact stat rolls) then there's a little button on the bottom left of the banner screens. It only shows the past 6 months so you'll have to back it up if you want to keep it longer than that.

akirasig.jpg

If you mean for rolling characters on the banners (and not the artifact stat rolls) then there's a little button on the bottom left of the banner screens. It only shows the past 6 months so you'll have to back it up if you want to keep it longer than that.

It's better than nothing but surprisingly bad - only shows 6 wishes per page and doesn't show your pity count, which is what most people checking are interested in. So you get to click through pages and pages and then count manually where you are at.

• XantusXantus Registered User regular
    edited November 2021

paimon.moe is yo friend. !

the new arti dungeon continues to troll me by giving me HP% Opulent Husks and DEF% HappyClams pieces.

Xantus on
    Mirkel wrote: »

It's better than nothing but surprisingly bad - only shows 6 wishes per page and doesn't show your pity count, which is what most people checking are interested in. So you get to click through pages and pages and then count manually where you are at.

I did this last month. And it was time consuming.