As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Halo Infinite/SplitGate] Halo Infinite available now! Closed Spoilers for story

• BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Plasma pistol EMP needs to come back. Alt fire is still very situationally useful, but in any other situation where it wouldn't be effective I would literally want to carry anything but the plasma pistol

• IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    I'm kind of mad that my best chance to get this last challenge for the event is to die a lot to make sure the enemy gets a killing spree and then hope that I manage to get them. And then repeat a bunch.

Edit: I have set the enemy to Lightish Red and my team to Green. Works pretty well, though only because I have no color blindness.

Incenjucar on
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    It has now been four days

I have not gotten a single stockpile match

Somehow being given an easy challenge the game actively prevents you from completing is worse than being given an impossible skill-based one

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    Ranked into Diamond 1, I wish we hadn't played our first 5 test matches on launch day. We just got destroyed, doing the 5 today was a cakewalk.

Dixon wrote: »
    Ranked into Diamond 1, I wish we hadn't played our first 5 test matches on launch day. We just got destroyed, doing the 5 today was a cakewalk.

Any benefits to going through ranked, other than just even gameplay?

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular

I did ranked at launch as well and I felt like I came up against monsters. Hopefully this means Ive got a decent chance to progress up the ladder a bit.

Yeah that first day of not playing a halo since reach and then being mixed with everyone I think was just rough.

I don't think there is any benefit, the gamemodes are all BR and no motion sensor.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I'm not doing placements until I can reliably finish with a positive KD lmao

Too many years of Destiny has broken me

• augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    I was today years old when I accidentally figured out the mini rocket launcher has a lock on mode you have to activate with the zoom button.

Plasma pistol EMP needs to come back. Alt fire is still very situationally useful, but in any other situation where it wouldn't be effective I would literally want to carry anything but the plasma pistol

Do I have the Pulse Carbine for you.

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »
    It has now been four days

I have not gotten a single stockpile match

Somehow being given an easy challenge the game actively prevents you from completing is worse than being given an impossible skill-based one

Ditto, and it sucks cause I actually really like Stockpile

• cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    so for the current event, you can only unlock seven things, right?

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
    cursedking wrote: »
    so for the current event, you can only unlock seven things, right?

That seems to be the case. Gotta make sure people can't play and do something else.

• DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    My final weekly challenge to get the reward is to get 5 killing sprees in fiesta.

Maybe the thought was that it would tie into the challenge of interrupting them? So far I've gotten two before dying instantly to rockets or something, so I think this is doable for me.

• AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    Ran into my first couple AFK farmers this morning. Not surprised at all to see them.

• Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Dys wrote: »
    My final weekly challenge to get the reward is to get 5 killing sprees in fiesta.

Maybe the thought was that it would tie into the challenge of interrupting them? So far I've gotten two before dying instantly to rockets or something, so I think this is doable for me.

It's kind of lame that getting 10 kills without dying still only counts for 1 killing frenzy.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Ran into my first couple AFK farmers this morning. Not surprised at all to see them.

They are in literally everything. Like Forza has them.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Yeah but they’re in fuckin halo now, a game that used to incentivize you for playing, now incentivizes you for engagement

edited November 2021
    Man, some of the clips you guys are posting are making me want to try playing on controller.

Either I am having persistent subtle lag, or there is zero bullet magnetism/aim assist for mouse and keyboard. There have been so many times where I swear I have landed multiple headshots during the point in a one-on-one fight where neither of us have shields, only to lose to one single pop from my enemy's pistol.

I am getting somewhat frustrated because something feels wrong here, and I don't know if the blame is on me, my network, the server, or the game itself.

Edit: My current suspicion is on latency or something of the sort, because I'm also getting quite a few moments of turning a corner for cover and then dying to the enemy that could no longer see me.

Dys on
    edited November 2021
    You aren’t using a BT mouse I assume?

The one thing I found made a big dif to help tracking was FOV to 90 and then there is a Weapon Offsets setting at the bottom of the UI menu. I have the weapons tucked into the bottom right corner of my screen and it really seems to help.

It’s like some sort of magic, I was doing maybe 1-1.5 KD when looking at the external stat tracker site and now most games I’m 2-3 KD. (Not the KDA stat in game)

I turned on mouse acceleration but left it at default settings. Some people were saying this helped but I didn’t notice any improvement.

Image for what to set it to.
    mur82xdqerlc.jpeg

My one friend on console said it really made a difference for him as well.

It sounds silly but the feeling was very noticeable, so much so I was wondering if something else is tied to this.

Dixon on
    edited November 2021
    It appears that, after you finish all your weeklies, they give you an EXTRA WEEKLY for 5 killing sprees in fiesta. Admittedly not the most absurd one, but COME ON. You don't get the weekly item unless you finish the one they HID FROM YOU.

Incenjucar on

The one thing I found made a big dif to help tracking was FOV to 90 and then there is a Weapon Offsets setting at the bottom of the UI menu. I have the weapons tucked into the bottom right corner of my screen and it really seems to help.

It’s like some sort of magic, I was doing maybe 1-1.5 KD when looking at the external stat tracker site and now most games I’m 2-3 KD. (Not the KDA stat in game)

I turned on mouse acceleration but left it at default settings. Some people were saying this helped but I didn’t notice any improvement.

mur82xdqerlc.jpeg

It sounds silly but the feeling was very noticeable, so much so I was wondering if something else is tied to this.

I have FOV set to max to match other fps games, but I had no idea about this particular setting.

I'll test it out later and report back in!

Incenjucar wrote: »
    It appears that, after you finish all your weeklies, they give you an EXTRA WEEKLY for 5 killing sprees in fiesta. Admittedly not the most absurd one, but COME ON. You don't get the weekly item unless you finish the one they HID FROM YOU.

May you have better luck than I…. It took me hours.

May you have better luck than I…. It took me hours.

Basically I need to find five matches where my opponents are terrible. YAY. I have lost interest in the campaign at this point.

Considering the campaign is not going to be tied into the monetization system I’m still pretty gung-ho, and I even still enjoy playing multi, so I’m in for the long haul, so to speak.

mur82xdqerlc.jpeg

I have FOV set to max to match other fps games, but I had no idea about this particular setting.

I'll test it out later and report back in!

Zero improvement, turns out.

I was initially hopeful, considering I jumped into training mode and was knocking out headshots like no tomorrow. Went to actual gameplay, feeling went back to before.

Then I went and compared the bot practice playlist to the training mode bots, and same thing: training mode felt great without a connection needed, but the matchmade one made me feel like my shots weren't hitting when they should.

Seems that my constant 40-ish ms ping that I have is what is standing in the way of my enjoying this game. Well, enjoying it more, that is.

• cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Is there a way that people around here play together? The OP is from....2014 so that is a little outdated.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
    cursedking wrote: »
    Is there a way that people around here play together? The OP is from....2014 so that is a little outdated.

I don't think you're even guaranteed to end up on the same fire team if you join a match as one. The multiplayer is a very pretty early access game.

Anyone know if there's going to be any significant updates to the multiplayer when the full game launches?

I was wondering how much of what we have right now is the beta brought back as opposed to final product. I know it's very complete as is though, I'm not holding my breath for any major changes.

edited November 2021
    Anyone know if there's going to be any significant updates to the multiplayer when the full game launches?

I was wondering how much of what we have right now is the beta brought back as opposed to final product. I know it's very complete as is though, I'm not holding my breath for any major changes.

Some things have been identified as bugs, but as I understand it, this is functionally the launch.

--

Edit:

I finally got the last weekly. Hilariously, it ended on a Fiesta match where my team was up against a team that clearly is not great at the game, because I got 22 kills after I went on a freaking rampage with melee power weapons. Got my first and possibly last Running Riot - 15 kills one life.

Incenjucar on
    Finished my weekly man getting killing spree required some luck, some good maps, and some pretty cowardly play.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited November 2021
    Felt pretty dumb that it took me to the end of my kill 10 skewer kills before I realized it was named after Vlad after the impaler. God damn it preacher

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited November 2021

Not to be an ass, but it is stated in game there is a final challenge to unlock the reward.

Shamus on
    Shamus wrote: »

Not to be an ass, but it is stated in game there is a final challenge to unlock the reward.

That's the way it was last week, though last weeks was more hilarious "do 15 matches" where its like "damn wish I had this during my last challenges."

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Preacher wrote: »

That's the way it was last week, though last weeks was more hilarious "do 15 matches" where its like "damn wish I had this during my last challenges."

Edit: Last week’s was harsh. So hey fingers crossed they fix it.

Shamus on
  • Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    5 killing sprees in Fiesta is definitely getting annoying. So many near successes, then Fiesta says "nah, we gonna give the enemy 3 hammers."

I hope they fix some of this challenge design going forward.

Edit: Oh neat, finished the 5 killing sprees to unlock the last challenge which is also 5 killing sprees. Thanks Bungo I mean 343.

Zombie Gandhi on
    5 killing sprees in Fiesta is definitely getting annoying. So many near successes, then Fiesta says "nah, we gonna give the enemy 3 hammers."

I hope they fix some of this challenge design going forward.

Edit: Oh neat, finished the 5 killing sprees to unlock the last challenge which is also 5 killing sprees. Thanks Bungo I mean 343.

That's weird I never had 5 killing sprees roll up, but it did take me way way too long to finish my kill an oddball carrier, motherfuckers kept dropping that shit!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I unlocked the base armor and considered it good enough.

I expect to play Halo Infinite only sparingly, see what 343i does with the game over the next couple months. It's fun, but it's quite grabbing me like most of the previous Halo games.

I did like this event for getting a feel for a lot of weapons I normally don't get to use/wouldn't take, like the shock rifle.

pleasepaypreacher.net

Another way to say "Their UI is bad". They should have the final challenge in the weekly list, and just have it grayed out with a note that you have to unlock it, instead of requiring me to track down and read that wherever it is.