As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Secret Satans 2021 - PERFECT GIFTING COMPLETED!

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Uh, I'm glad "it's here", but what is "it"?
    46j9o5n57jov.jpg

Oh, it's a gift! Neat!
    62nlenltk2z8.jpg
    x54cerr9xyid.jpg

Holy shit, HAIL SATAN. The first 80 pages or so are all about typography. This is going to be fun.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    I have to share the first page of Type & Typography.
    rt45hps11wkh.jpg

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    The next page. . .
    mg4r8rq2uhhp.jpg

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    it's probably in there but connare has the best quote about it

“If you love comic sans, you don’t know much about typography. If you hate it, you really don’t know much about typography, either, and you should get another hobby.”

i gave a design ethics lecture one time and the topic was so heavy that i had a little "why comic sans is actually great" section at the end just for levity- and the history of the program that it was designed for (and never launched with because the developers hard coded everything to be sized for times new roman which is wild) is super fascinating and it was honestly an accessibility milestone way before digital design considered that AT ALL. There's a reason it was a smash hit when it launched with windows movie maker.

Microsoft Bob (with TNR hard coded)
    4zkmpoulqrtj.png

I will fucking go to the mat for comic sans and it's effect on the democratization of design

initiatefailure on
  • Slacker71Slacker71 subgenius RentonRegistered User regular
    It has been along time since I saw Microsoft Bob

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    @Satan if you've already begin stalking I'm occasionally thinking if things and shoving them into my wishlist post.

steam_sig.png
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Slacker71 wrote: »
    It has been along time since I saw Microsoft Bob

7sg0uju1a0sh.png

yeah he's been on a bit of a trip

Oh i don't seriously hate on Comic Sans anymore since I heard it's actually easier for dyslexics to read. That might be apocryphal, but whatever, it's nice to hear about things that help people.

It is still a very silly font.

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Hot damn

Unless I'm mistaken (always possible) THE DEVIL HAS VISITED MY HOME THIS DAY

And the devil must know how much I LOVE Taschen because this giant heavy box showed up at my door and inside...

Nh2dQ9eh.jpg

HOT DAMN!

This is sooo coool, y'all. I love art books and I love architecture and design, especially a lot of contemporary/20th century Asian design. This book is amazing and sooo gorgeous and incredibly high quality (Taschen, man).

0FmUeDLh.jpg

I even know where I'm going to shelve it:

txuuMHjh.jpg

But not yet, obviously.

Thank you so much, mystery person! There was no note and no receipt so the devil's identity is still a SpooOOOky mystery!

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
    edited November 2021
    Wowee zowie!

EDIT: Just from the spine of that city of darkness book I want it.

Tonkka on
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Oh man Tonkka it is a really amazing book. It's pretty much the most comprehensive photo and first-hand interview documentary you can find of life in Kowloon Walled City before it was torn down. This is the revised/updated version. It had been on my wishlist for like over 15 years and kept going out of print and then my favourite bookstore in Hong Kong just happened to have it on the shelf (RIP Bleak House Books). I think it's out of print again unfortunately but yeah.

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
    Whoooops turns out the unlabeled Amazon box with the amazing book inside was actually from my dad! I was mad impressed with my Satan's radar focus on my interests for a few hours there but in hindsight that makes sense. It's probably revenge for the year I bought him the extremely heavy Atlas of Brutalist Architecture and made him carry it home in his luggage from Bali.

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I guess some forewarning to my giftee? I am dangerously close to buying this flamingo in sunglasses drinking a mug of beer for you. I don't know how to attach photos on my phone, though.

• PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    I guess some forewarning to my giftee? I am dangerously close to buying this flamingo in sunglasses drinking a mug of beer for you. I don't know how to attach photos on my phone, though.

I don’t know how it is on other phone but on iPhone it’s:
    - click the little picture icon (2 to the right of the smiley face) above the text box
    - Click the folder beside Choose File
    - Click Photo Library
    - select the picture
    - At the bottom of the screen, click “Show Selected (1)”
    - In the lower right, click Actual Size
    - Choose a lower resolution
    - In the upper right, click Done
    - In the upper right, click Add

If the picture you’re posting is lower resolution you can skip the Actual Size steps, but most pictures your phone takes will probably exceed the size limit by default, so that’s why you have to choose a lower resolution

Well I'm home now so here it is. I did not buy it, but know that the threat is on the table.
    tcu5yv0b2sr7.jpg

• The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    That's a horrifyingly nasty threat @Pinfeldorf

You should make good on it.

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    ok... but that is simply great and perfect for any home

• CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    Went out and bought my Satan the first of many things. MANY THINGS INDEED.

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Cross posting from G&T!
    What I meant to type in here was ovr1hlkzij2i.gif

I suppose Ninja and I will be making some tasty meals soon.
    og9hwyqeokcw.png
    I remember wanting it last year and then forgetting to put it on my Amazon wish list, so I did after Ninja got it earlier. Thanks, Santa!

They also left a theme, but no name. :question: :tell_me_more:
    b4d0bt7rtn80.png
    Koopah, each of your gifts shall arrive with a taste of music that I hope you might like. Enjoy!

Food for the Gods - In Flames
    From Secret Satan
    This pleases me.

• LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    ok it is finally time for me to commence my evil and gay little purchases

edited November 2021
    Oops, forgot to post this Wednesday, but another design tome has arrived!
    jlaa8w0f851l.jpg

It's so cute, HAIL SATAN.

EDIT: Also had a few things arrive for my Satanee.

Tonkka on
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    The D&D cookbook is pretty great! The theming is on point, and my group did a few recipes from it at our first in-person game in two years. The candied bacon recipe and the drinks were all excellent.

Cello on
    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    The candied bacon over good vanilla ice cream is fucking amazing. A friend was brave enough to cover theirs in chocolate sauce, they said it made it even better. I wasn't brave enough to try it.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    SANTEE!

I don't know if you are home but you may have a package waiting for you at your house!

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Chop your candied bacon up and put it in your pancake batter.

You're welcome

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
    Chopped up pancakes and added them to my bacon, instructions unclear.

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    candy my pinfeldorf and batter my bacon. got it

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Always put candied bacon in my eyes

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    Candied eye bacon? I don't even know what those words mean.

• PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Chopped up pancakes and added them to my bacon, instructions unclear.

I mean that still sounds great

• LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    i kinda wanna gush abt some of the gifts i got for my satanee, but that would give the game away

especially since it's gonna be a bit of time before i can actually post it

• QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    Man folks, I gotta tell you. I've had a hell of a week. Seems like nothing went right at work, relationships going up in smoke, just stress stress stress. :(

BUT NONE OF THAT MATTERS BECAUSE I GOT A PACKAGE FROM SATAN!!!!! :D:D:D:D
    bta3mZsl.jpg

A box! A heavy box! But what is in this box?!

CZZ0V02l.jpg?1

Thank you @Halfazedninja ! I cannot wait to see what's in store for me.

KBooPFXl.jpg

I've been getting into mead more of late. This is perfect!

I40N3TTl.jpg

You can never have too many cocktail books. This makes an excellent addition to my home bar.

GeeT4jXl.jpg

Yays! Binging with Babish is one of my favorite YT series. I can't wait to give a few of these a try.

QbicsBQl.jpg

Awesome! 3 movies I will never not enjoy.

Thank you so much @Halfazedninja! Your satanic blessings couldn't have come at a better time. :)

6rceun58332p.png
  • HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    QuickSnap wrote: »
    Man folks, I gotta tell you. I've had a hell of a week. Seems like nothing went right at work, relationships going up in smoke, just stress stress stress. :(

BUT NONE OF THAT MATTERS BECAUSE I GOT A PACKAGE FROM SATAN!!!!! :D:D:D:D
    bta3mZsl.jpg

A box! A heavy box! But what is in this box?!

CZZ0V02l.jpg?1

Thank you @Halfazedninja ! I cannot wait to see what's in store for me.

KBooPFXl.jpg

I've been getting into mead more of late. This is perfect!

I40N3TTl.jpg

You can never have too many cocktail books. This makes an excellent addition to my home bar.

GeeT4jXl.jpg

Yays! Binging with Babish is one of my favorite YT series. I can't wait to give a few of these a try.

QbicsBQl.jpg

Awesome! 3 movies I will never not enjoy.

Thank you so much @Halfazedninja! Your satanic blessings couldn't have come at a better time. :)

Glad I could give you a bit of cheer, enjoy!

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    I have received a gift and an ominous portent from @jclast !

zugddte76c2q.png

Thumper has been on my wishlist for a while but I never pulled the trigger on buying it myself. As a full-on sucker for rhythm games, and this game having "Thumper is rhythm violence" as the opening statement on its steam page, I look forward to it!

• AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    I, uh, I may have been visited? I genuinely don't know. My garden has a history of gnomes just showing up, and I have a list of usual suspects, but they're all claiming to know nothing of this particular unicorn killing gnomes, so if this was you Santa, then thank you for the Unicorn! It just showed up in the garden today, so I was very confused.
    eP0ywtP.jpg

n57PM0C.jpg
    That's awesome, and ominous. . . HAIL SATAN

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Perrsun wrote: »
    I have received a gift and an ominous portent from @jclast !

zugddte76c2q.png

Thumper has been on my wishlist for a while but I never pulled the trigger on buying it myself. As a full-on sucker for rhythm games, and this game having "Thumper is rhythm violence" as the opening statement on its steam page, I look forward to it!

Oooh I know about Thumper from a Jacob Geller video. It looks dope as heck.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8n2DHiGp8E

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Hmmm I sent a gift out but realize I didn't include a note or anything...maybe I should send the digital second wave first so they know it was me

• jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Satan, if I asked @Proxy the Elf correctly you should have a message. Please read it and contact the person inside!

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
This discussion has been closed.