As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Diablo] early access has ended :(, and so shall this thread

• Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Thats why i combine them. Run tower, as many legs of AS as needed and Nith.`

Arcane sanctuary has a very good rune drop rate and has a superchest on each false leg, Niths room is lvl 85. There's really no reason not to include these in the run you describe.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    D2 is also a game where I mostly zone out and play while consuming other media. It doesn't get too boring if I'm also keeping myself busy watching TV or listening to something, which is nice for doing easy, repetitive tasks.

Farming keysets is one of my primary modes right now since I'm still hunting for a ptorch. I occasionally throw in a chaos sanctuary for some extra loot chances, but that's fairly straightforward as well.

• Options
    edited November 2021
    Being able to do it on half a brain is half the reason i made a tanky bowazon. Just clickity-click and pick up loot.

She runs caos and Ws keep so easy (strafe rules) and even if something slips through i have enough defensive action going to notice it AND get out of harms way before death.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    What’s a shitty to mediocre Zon torch going for these days?

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    I feel like they are pretty cheap. Almost certainly under Mal.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I managed to snag one for a Mal. Mighta overpaid, but that's ok.

Revenge paladin looking pretty slick at 55.

866jf4jev4my.png

• Options
    edited November 2021
    i paid mal as well for my ama torch.

btw if you wanted a cheap torch just for the stats i had a druid one laying around... or you could get an assasin or druid one for a lem.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    Gonna make a dual wielding Sazabi barb. The demon Killer. just dual sazabis and laying of hands would be 1000% dmg to demons and i think i can cram more in it.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    this game. Nothing for 3-4 hours straight and then a 3 max dmg/ 18 ar/19 life smallcharm, a sur and a mal in 3 runs.

edit: and a 212/18/40 raven. i needed a better one for my Ama so happy with that.
    edit: and a 236/19/40 raven. well ok.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    Nice!

I've been trying to trade off a bunch of things. I've only had luck with a few, but got me an Ist and a Mal out of the deal. Trying to get another Ist and then figure out whether I want to get a Herald of Zakarum.

• Options
    Nice!

I've been trying to trade off a bunch of things. I've only had luck with a few, but got me an Ist and a Mal out of the deal. Trying to get another Ist and then figure out whether I want to get a Herald of Zakarum.

tbh herald is nice but it hardly beats a pally spirit. I wouldn't spend anything on it.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    bwanie wrote: »
    Nice!

tbh herald is nice but it hardly beats a pally spirit. I wouldn't spend anything on it.

I mostly agree, but the issue is getting a good res base (I've seen 0os +45ar sacred targes selling for gul~vex). If you don't care so much about the ED roll, a hoz can be pretty cheap by comparison - 1-2 ist or even less. I paid Gul for my hoz socketed with an Um about a month ago, and it seems like prices have gone down some since then.

If you have a 0 or 4os base already with decent all res, go for Spirit I think. Otherwise you may come out cheaper with the right hoz. They're pretty close either way.

• Options
    I have a +25 ar sacred rondache (0os) if you want a free one. @GoodKingJayIII

• Options
    Nice!

Eh, I got one for a Mal, as well as a nice crafted pally ammy with +2 combat skills and a bunch of res. I’ve played with it a bunch and it feels pretty good. It’s been fun to test but if I don’t like it I can always trade it again.
    I have a +25 ar sacred rondache (0os) if you want a free one. @GoodKingJayIII

Thanks! I’ve got a 4os Kurast shield with 30 AR on it right now. I’m holding out for a Sacred Rondache with at least that much AR on it, but if I don’t get one for a while I can use the Kurast for a base.

• Options
    edited November 2021
    I gambled this thing the other day:
    r2icmdaad47s.png

It pretty soundly beats the Seraph's I was rocking before.

Edit: oooh hell yeah, a Lo just dropped of a rando in Countess's room

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    My favorite drops have come from the most anticlimactic shit. Eldritch dropped a Lo. A random unique minion dropped a Shako. Earlier today a corpse in Lower Kurast barfed up an Oculus.

• Options
    edited November 2021
    My favorite drops have come from the most anticlimactic shit. Eldritch dropped a Lo. A random unique minion dropped a Shako. Earlier today a corpse in Lower Kurast barfed up an Oculus.

I love it so much. It's always the most unlikely stuff that drops the good stuff, and it's always a nice surprise!
    Did I mention here that I found a vex off a random fallen in the tower the other day as well? I'm just killing some things in the way as I farm keys. I was happy to just see a key with a Hel rune off countess tonight, then the Lo drops in the corner of the screen!

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    A vex or a lo? Both are nice but you weren't that lucky...were you :p

EDIT: whoohoo finally lvl 93. Probably not going to bother getting the Sorc higher. The Ama is at 91 but needs 10 more str to comfertably swap around gear. Better get her 2 more levels and then i'm done with her as well, leveling wise. No more Exp anxiety is so nice.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    A Vex on the 23rd and a Lo last night ;)
    But not both at the same time. The last line up there should probably be it's own paragraph. (the key, hel, and Lo were in the same run in countess's room).

I ended up turning the Lo into a Fortitude for my merc and... He has higher max damage than I do now. I don't have to worry about him even when he's got amp damage on him, it's ridiculous.

• Options
    Niiice. I'm still a fan of treachery on any any merc but yeah fort is nice indeed.

if we can 2 ppl together i'm up for a 3p farming session. i might be able to get it to 5 if my buddy is online.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    holy moly my luck is ridiculous right now... found another vex while idling in a work meeting lol

I wouldn't mind a farming session, though it's going to be tough to catch me around this week (maybe sometime wednesday???) since I have some holiday stuff to tend to, and parents coming to town this weekend

• Options
    edited November 2021
    wednesday it is.

If anyone got a fast baalkiller my Ama clears WS keep like nobodies business. But Baal is a bitch and half..

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    Yooo can I get in on stealing Coyote’s luck I mean the farming session?

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    My necro is pretty good at killing Baal, but I'm EU time right now so probably can't make it

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    cool, maybe somewhere after dinner.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    That feeling when you realise that +skills don't up item granted auras. I had heard it did. Now i'm really crying about that 12 fanaticism roll. 13 would have been enough to be able to swap out the shael in my windforce for a 15% ias Jewel + min dmg.

but no, i'm 5% ias short. I felt it immediately. FML

Rest in peace the Ist i paid for that gem.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    Am i the asshole here?

Bwanie — Today at 4:27 PM
    guess nobody has a 13 fanat faith they'd be willing to swap for mine? Mine has +2 skills though, if yours has 1, maybe if you use it on your own ama that'd better (i know grasping at straws here)
    Robngraves — Today at 4:49 PM
    why swap a 13 for a 12. thats downgrading.
    Bwanie — Today at 4:49 PM
    ofc it is i am counting on the goodness of my fellow man :p
    maybe its collecting dust somewhere
    Robngraves — Today at 4:50 PM
    my faith bow is on my merc.
    Bwanie — Today at 4:51 PM
    where it belongs imho
    guess i'll have to farm another Jah and hope for the best
    Lathriel — Today at 4:52 PM
    or you get some nice item worthy to trade for Jah 😉
    Robngraves — Today at 4:54 PM
    no one would downgrade because its collecting dust. they would rather sell it for more then the downgraded item.
    Bwanie — Today at 4:55 PM
    ofc pls i was only making a joke
    Robngraves — Today at 4:57 PM
    poor joke and not very funny.
    Bwanie — Today at 5:01 PM
    they can't all be winners

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    Avenger paladin is working out. Feels great even without "best in slot" gear. Fighting is all about finding nooks, corners, doorways and other bottlenecks to limit exposure. And sometimes I can even just beast mode through 15 mobs. It's a lot of fun.

Right now I'm running a Heaven's Light with 2 pskulls for leech, HOZ, and a crafted ammy with a ton of resists and +2 combat skills. Between those three pieces I'm rocking +8 to Combat and +4 to all other skills. HOZ has been great. It suits the build really well: lots of + skills, good resistances, big stat boosts, FBR, and % bonus to Attack. As good as Spirit shield is, HOZ is much better oriented for melee characters. I may not use it forever but right now it's made a huge difference in survivability for me and I don't regret the purchase one bit.

I'm thinking about doing some weird shit that veers away from the typical vengeance/tesladin. I started imagining a build with Delirium that constantly stuns, converts, and confuses mobs while I stand in the middle of the horde, beating the shit out of the rest of them. It wouldn't be fast, but it might be pretty fucking fun.

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Am i the asshole here?

Bwanie — Today at 4:27 PM
    guess nobody has a 13 fanat faith they'd be willing to swap for mine? Mine has +2 skills though, if yours has 1, maybe if you use it on your own ama that'd better (i know grasping at straws here)
    Robngraves — Today at 4:49 PM
    why swap a 13 for a 12. thats downgrading.
    Bwanie — Today at 4:49 PM
    ofc it is i am counting on the goodness of my fellow man :p
    maybe its collecting dust somewhere
    Robngraves — Today at 4:50 PM
    my faith bow is on my merc.
    Bwanie — Today at 4:51 PM
    where it belongs imho
    guess i'll have to farm another Jah and hope for the best
    Lathriel — Today at 4:52 PM
    or you get some nice item worthy to trade for Jah 😉
    Robngraves — Today at 4:54 PM
    no one would downgrade because its collecting dust. they would rather sell it for more then the downgraded item.
    Bwanie — Today at 4:55 PM
    ofc pls i was only making a joke
    Robngraves — Today at 4:57 PM
    poor joke and not very funny.
    Bwanie — Today at 5:01 PM
    they can't all be winners

Robn needs to steal from someone with a sense of humor and give it to themselves. It's a game, and people give loot away all the time.

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Some questions

1) did or when did they add "revenge" experience? Like if you kill the monster that killed you, you get a lot of the lost exp back.

2) it used to be that you needed enough strength/Dex to equip all your items without accounting for bonus stats from gear. IE. To equip a monarch you would always need 156 base. It seems like that has changed now and you can get away with including bonuses from your other gear. When did that happen? Or am I just mistaken again.

• Options
    Also I have a 4OS sacred targe if anyone still in need.

Technically I had two, but I decided to save the quest and three socketed one of them. Whoops

zy14mpaj6oup.png

• Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    VishNub wrote: »
    Some questions

1) did or when did they add "revenge" experience? Like if you kill the monster that killed you, you get a lot of the lost exp back.

You get like 75%? of your exp back if you loot your body where you died. I.E. you don't get it back if you leave the game and grab your body in town. Has nothing to do with killing monsters.
    2) it used to be that you needed enough strength/Dex to equip all your items without accounting for bonus stats from gear. IE. To equip a monarch you would always need 156 base. It seems like that has changed now and you can get away with including bonuses from your other gear. When did that happen? Or am I just mistaken again.

That has never been true? There's probably some catch again about how you loot your body and what order things get applied, but you can definitely use stat boosts from items to wear other items.

• Options
    edited December 2021
    Some questions

You get like 75%? of your exp back if you loot your body where you died. I.E. you don't get it back if you leave the game and grab your body in town. Has nothing to do with killing monsters.

That has never been true? There's probably some catch again about how you loot your body and what order things get applied, but you can definitely use stat boosts from items to wear other items.

There was a bug where you could go up to the minimum requirement and then if the item you equipped has the stat you need, it could keep itself on if you lost the stat elsewhere.

For the monarch, say you have 151 str, and the monarch has 10 on it. You use a +5 str large charm to get to 156, equip the monarch to put you at 166, then you could ditch the charm and you'd be at 161 and still use the monarch. This bug was fixed in d2r.

Technically I had two, but I decided to save the quest and three socketed one of them. Whoops
    You could make a dream with that maybe?

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options

zy14mpaj6oup.png

@VishNub if you're on PC, I wouldn't mind that. Anything in particular you want/need?

• Options

zy14mpaj6oup.png

VishNub if you're on PC, I wouldn't mind that. Anything in particular you want/need?

I am on PC yeah. I'm not sure what's fair here, but at the moment I'm on the lookout for sharptail or tgods or war travs. Or whatever rune you think is fair. Mostly just happy to help someone out.

I can be back online tonight.

• Options
    edited December 2021
    hehe sharptail. let me guess, German settings in game?

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    no that would just be razier(messer)swanchz.

Must be another language that confluates "sharp" with "razor"

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    No I just can’t remember the name

Is it a unique sharkskin belt

Might have confused that too

• Options
    yeah razortail is the unique sharkskin one.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options

zy14mpaj6oup.png

VishNub if you're on PC, I wouldn't mind that. Anything in particular you want/need?

I am on PC yeah. I'm not sure what's fair here, but at the moment I'm on the lookout for sharptail or tgods or war travs. Or whatever rune you think is fair. Mostly just happy to help someone out.

I can be back online tonight.

Yeah, unfortunately I don't have those items, and I'm not really sure I have the runes you need. Fairly valuable shield you have there, you could probably get a Vex or Ist for it based on what I'm seeing online. I don't want to stiff you.