As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Final Fantasy the 14th: End of the World Starts Now!

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    My 2 combat retainers can now have advanced jobs, is that advantageous or should I just stick with basic job?

Not any extra benefit on their own, but assigning jobs allows them to equip job-specific gear, which can help kit them out.

• Options
    EvermournEvermourn Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Man that's a oof I could feel through the monitor (Crystarium Cul/Alc quests)
    Bethric who is mad about Amaro and has dedicated himself to caring for them finds an Amaro who can talk and asks "Do the other Amaro say anything about me?"
    And the Amaro says "No, why could they say anything about you?". Savage.

Evermourn on
  • Options
    My 2 combat retainers can now have advanced jobs, is that advantageous or should I just stick with basic job?
    For some of them you would definitely have to do it I think, like Scholar which only starts at 30, or Mechanist. Maybe not if they are something like Lancer or Archer? I think they can still use higher level gear.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    @Banzai5150 main thing to keep in mind is retainers are capped by the max level you have in the job that they have

This can lead to some weirdness, for example if you have gladiator retainers, then level as a gladiator -> paladin, then swap to dark knight like I did, unless you go back and finish up paladin, your retainers will be capped at whatever your paladin was at when you stopped.

• Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Name another MMO that has stuff like this. Dance party at Limsa Aetheryte on Tonberry tonight. Note - I'm HARD display capped on number of players right now. The actual group stretches about this width further again, plus all of the usual Limsa crew is scattered around the rest of the plaza - just not visible.

shbl18tl76b6.png

On Coeurl, there are regular performances by a group of 5-6 Bards just outside of the Ul'Dah aetherite... and they're good!

• Options
    Haha brilliant. Flavor text in this game is so good.
    7id4q5cuzghw.png

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    So I hit Heavensward 2nd credits, for a few quests into Stormblood before I decided I might put the game down and let it decompress a few days.

I now understand why people say that FFXIV is a great RPG that just happens to have an MMO element attached to it. That was probably one of the more entertaining experiences I've had in gaming in a good long while.

Now if you'll excuse me, it's time to crank up some music.
    TELL ME WHY CREEEAAAAAAATE, A CIRCLE NONE CAN BREEEEEAAAAAK

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I do all my performs solo with my own music and you can get some big crowds

dc82goxe2ttz.jpg

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    More of a small crowd if you ask me, all those lalas.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Preach finished Heavensward a few weeks ago. He says it's his 2nd favorite RPG ever, behind Divinity 2.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Heavensward was very good.

I have been tempted multiple times to buy shadowbringers just to keep the story moving sooner but I have held strong and just been leveling a bunch of classes to 60 so I’ll have some options on the 7th on who to do the story with

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Preach finished Heavensward a few weeks ago. He says it's his 2nd favorite RPG ever, behind Divinity 2.

In the immediate aftermath that's around how I was feeling, too. With some time and distance, it might get moved around, but it's still going to probably be in, like, the top 5 for me.

Now I need to see if I can re-dye the duds that
    Tataru made for me into house Fortempts' colors, and then use that and Haurchefant's shield when I do sword and boarding.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    70afpjlpc9um.png

jybc3hg2177m.png

• Options
    asmongold, hololive, sodapoppin

the poor servers..

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Lotta free trial players ‘bout to be locked out on the 3rd.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    asmongold, hololive, sodapoppin

the poor servers..

Here I am on Primal quietly relaxing on the beach. Nobody bothers us and that's the way we like it.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    zkb4iytgd2gi.png

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Took a screenshot just now, when I looked at it later I saw that creepy shoebill staring at me, didn't notice it at the time. Very appropriate given how it pops up through the game.
    swkh79vy0utl.png

• Options
    lol sodapoppin is miqo voice 5

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    What server is he rolling on?

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Please god not Zalera my queues

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    I was able to solo pony farm fairly reliably, with a L80, i400ish (like 415) DRK.

I still have to unlock Crystarium so I can get L80 Poetics gear.

Can I start soloing the HW birds unsynced or will I need the ShB gear to do it reliably?

Mugsley on
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    lol sodapoppin is miqo voice 5

Is it bad that I constantly confuse Strippin and Sodapoppin?

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Looks like Faerie. Aether DC yet again.

Though who knows how long the stupid fuck will get in game? He bought himself a story boost and a level boost and wants to raid with some friends… and he managed to land his stupid ass in GM Jail within the very first hour he played because he tried to get a name full of homophobic and ableist slurs past the name server and the GMs took him to task for it (forced name change and an official warning on his account).

If this is how Soda usually acts, he’ll get the banhammer before Christmas.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    I wish the collegiate gear was mix and match. I want the skirt and tie. I guess I could get the jacket with the tie, there are plenty of skirts in the game already...

• Options
    JaysonFour wrote: »

Though who knows how long the stupid fuck will get in game? He bought himself a story boost and a level boost and wants to raid with some friends… and he managed to land his stupid ass in GM Jail within the very first hour he played because he tried to get a name full of homophobic and ableist slurs past the name server and the GMs took him to task for it (forced name change and an official warning on his account).

It is.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    JaysonFour wrote: »

Went and checked what this was about, and yep, that dude can go away forever.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Uggghh. Faerie is my sever. Go away please.

I have not heard of him until his name popped up in this thread , but I pulled up his channel on Twitch and skipped through a couple clips. He seems to project a certain image. Definitely not a streamer I would ever watch or support.

• Options
    wow streamers sure are a thing

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Jars wrote: »

xbxxly6zp89f.png

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    dude was a big WoW streamer for a long time, then got permabanned for toxicity and claimed he'd never go back, then he did, then he got banned again
    he's always been a shithead, no idea why he's been so popular for like a decade

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Probably because a lot of people in general are toxic, so he resonates with them and they enjoy it

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options

Mugsley wrote: »
    I was able to solo pony farm fairly reliably, with a L80, i400ish (like 415) DRK.

I still have to unlock Crystarium so I can get L80 Poetics gear.

Can I start soloing the HW birds unsynced or will I need the ShB gear to do it reliably?
    I still have to do the last 3, but I found that so far it was best to do the bird fights with one or two others. Some of them I could solo, but it was so much slower it wasn’t worth it.

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    So I went from a Cool looking Ninja wearing some Ninja gear I had picked up along the way. But NOW that I'm doing these lvl 50 quests on the ass end of ARR I've started to replace some gear with some upgrades. I'm still wearing my Ninja gear Chest that looks like it's neck was inspired from a scuba suit, but... my damn SHOES are these really horrible things, and as you stare at them, they curve the wrong way making it look like I put the wrong shoes on the wrong feet!

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    So I went from a Cool looking Ninja wearing some Ninja gear I had picked up along the way. But NOW that I'm doing these lvl 50 quests on the ass end of ARR I've started to replace some gear with some upgrades. I'm still wearing my Ninja gear Chest that looks like it's neck was inspired from a scuba suit, but... my damn SHOES are these really horrible things, and as you stare at them, they curve the wrong way making it look like I put the wrong shoes on the wrong feet!

time to start glamming

• Options

cant tell if this is "wow" or uncapitalized "WoW"

• Options

cant tell if this is "wow" or uncapitalized "WoW"

Funny enough in Soda's case either one can apply :bzz:

• Options
    the game. so far 'popular wow streamer' and 'shitty person' have been pretty synonymous and it's making me glad 14 does not have a large streaming presence to create the negative feedback loops these people inspire

• Options
    the game. so far 'popular wow streamer' and 'shitty person' have been pretty synonymous and it's making me glad 14 does not have a large streaming presence to create the negative feedback loops these people inspire
    I’m not aware of any issues with Preach, Pyromancer or Rich Campbell, to name a few I’m familiar with. Even Asmongold is a better person these days than he was years ago, if what I’ve read is correct.

• Options
    zub8fm2olyaz.png

dnarpsni2swl.png

e207c4t4bv6b.png

This discussion has been closed.