As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Halo Infinite/SplitGate] Halo Infinite available now! Closed Spoilers for story

• AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    I did like this event for getting a feel for a lot of weapons I normally don't get to use/wouldn't take, like the shock rifle.

Except now I have to get used to the mangler not always being available, which is just cruel.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I did like this event for getting a feel for a lot of weapons I normally don't get to use/wouldn't take, like the shock rifle.

Except now I have to get used to the mangler not always being available, which is just cruel.

I do wonder if this will make some weapon drops that previously were always available not since people got used to them.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net

I do wonder if this will make some weapon drops that previously were always available not since people got used to them.

I don’t think so. If it’s not a BR or power weapon people usually don’t care much about it.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I fucking love whenever I can out-melee sword users with the Mangler, they never see it coming

I don’t think so. If it’s not a BR or power weapon people usually don’t care much about it.

True, I'm glad the skewer is constantly slept on. There's nothing more hilarious than spiking someone who doesn't believe in the heart of the cards yugi.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Whoa hold up, Gareth Coker is a big part of Infinite’s OST? And we’re ALSO getting a separate album of the multiplayer post rock stuff?

Super cool! The single they already have put sounds top tier. Excited to hear more.

• BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Whoa hold up, Gareth Coker is a big part of Infinite’s OST? And we’re ALSO getting a separate album of the multiplayer post rock stuff?

Super cool! The single they already have put sounds top tier. Excited to hear more.

Basically any soundtrack in the menu that sounds like it contains non-traditional percussion like bowl chimes, or a haunting solo vocalist, you could probably pin down to Gareth's influence :P
    He seems to have carried over a lot of his aesthetic from Ark and Ori, to the benefit of the soundscape

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I finished the weekly challenge, felt real good getting those last killing sprees. Fiesta was a ton of fun, hope there's more silly modes like that on a regular rotation.

SniperGuy wrote: »
    I finished the weekly challenge, felt real good getting those last killing sprees. Fiesta was a ton of fun, hope there's more silly modes like that on a regular rotation.

I imagine from how this event comes back on the reg and the nature of FOMO free to play games I'd be stunned if there aren't.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Oh yea, there's a Rockstar promotion thing going on for some skins/xp boosts/challenge swaps, if anyone's interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFBPhJE51f8

Way cheaper than buying a skin for the prices they're charging in the in-game store, that's for sure.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Oh yea, there's a Rockstar promotion thing going on for some skins/xp boosts/challenge swaps, if anyone's interested.

Way cheaper than buying a skin for the prices they're charging in the in-game store, that's for sure.

Given how many of these I buy, I could probably supply the whole thread with codes when my next shipment comes in.

• Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »

Given how many of these I buy, I could probably supply the whole thread with codes when my next shipment comes in.

I got one from Circle K for the Razorback skin and then ordered a 12 pack on Amazon for the rest of them. $15 for 12 Rockstars honestly isn't a bad price considering how bonkers energy drink prices are. And you get skins that would probably cost you $15 alone in Halo Infinite's overpriced store, to boot.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I've only ran into one person that seems like they are hacking so far, they went 24-3 in 4v4, and watching the replay from their perspective with outlines on you can see them reacting to things behind walls/etc. Don't think they really have a way to report these sort of things yet though.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Finished my weeklies Saturday. Have played the past two days seemingly just for fun

Can't remember the last time I've done that in a MP game like this

That’s a decent start.

Keep it rollin, 343.

Nice encouragement to play everyday. Probably based on people finishing their challenges and being done.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    As someone who has all the Rockstar items

Yeah they look rad a hell in game

• DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    Yeah definitely the slow progression sucks, but they've said so many times they are working on it. The reddit is just full of people screaming their heads off about the end of days.

The game hasn't even officially released, so it's just hilarious to see such extreme reactions. I shouldn't be surprised, but alas I always am.

I've got a lot of faith in the game, after playing that second beta. Seeing the massive difference from the first beta they seem to have a solid understanding of how to tackle issues.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I'm still having issues with the menu. It does seem to consistently get bugged searching for games, infinitely stuck on "searching 0:00" until I restart the client. Happened to me and my brother last night. It's a really fun game but hopefully that gets ironed out soon.

• DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Boy I’m legit like 0-10 in ctf

I tie sometimes. But no matter what, even if we’re winning, the enemy puts together a last second capture to win. Or kills me right before I cap and then somehow secures the flag at our spawn…

It’s just not a good 4v4 mode and doubly so with strangers.

Also I can not figure out how to exit vehicles. It’s the weirdest damn thing. The vehicle controls don’t list enter:exit. I hold x to get in and then x does not exit. I spent a match trying to figure out how to get out of a vehicle and could not…

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    I think it's that you have to hold the x key again and not just press it to exit the vehicle. I'm on m+kb though so I'm not sure.

Dixon wrote: »
    Yeah definitely the slow progression sucks, but they've said so many times they are working on it. The reddit is just full of people screaming their heads off about the end of days.

The game hasn't even officially released, so it's just hilarious to see such extreme reactions. I shouldn't be surprised, but alas I always am.

I've got a lot of faith in the game, after playing that second beta. Seeing the massive difference from the first beta they seem to have a solid understanding of how to tackle issues.

Honestly, I think a bigger issue is just how scummy the prices are in the cash shop and that's not something they've addressed at all. Like, yeah, you can just not buy anything, but even just having it exist with those prices makes playing the game feel a bit grimier. Like, $15 for a cosmetic sword you can only use with that specific armor set?

Stabbity_Style.png
  • SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    august wrote: »
    I think it's that you have to hold the x key again and not just press it to exit the vehicle. I'm on m+kb though so I'm not sure.
    Also, and this is key, it takes longer than you think it will. No, longer than that. Keep holding the button. Watch your friends grow old and die but keep holding the button.

No, you let go too soon and have swapped seats; wait two years for that to finish then try again.

Disrupter wrote: »
    Boy I’m legit like 0-10 in ctf

I tie sometimes. But no matter what, even if we’re winning, the enemy puts together a last second capture to win. Or kills me right before I cap and then somehow secures the flag at our spawn…

It’s just not a good 4v4 mode and doubly so with strangers.

Also I can not figure out how to exit vehicles. It’s the weirdest damn thing. The vehicle controls don’t list enter:exit. I hold x to get in and then x does not exit. I spent a match trying to figure out how to get out of a vehicle and could not…

Objective modes are both a big boon and bane for Halo, especially when we don’t have split DM/obj queues. I find my success in any objective mode is mostly a coin flip, based on whether or not people want to actually do the thing.

It’s even a quirk of BTB; had two people on the enemy team get more than 30 kills in a single game of stockpile. Dunno how or why, but they lost. 3-0.

Basically, what I’m getting at is you are only 1 person and if even one or two people on your team aren’t playing smart, it’s gonna be a struggle. All you can do is your best. Maybe try and snag a power weapon, hold down some crucial territory, and focus on winning 1v1s.

And may the gods be with you if you have any objective win challenges.

On Xbox, it's Hold X to get in and out of vehicles, A to swap seats

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Dixon wrote: »

"The game isn't even released"is such a non meaningful statement though. I installed it and played it with my buddy. We aren't going to give it a relook at "release" if it doesn't grab us now. It's released as far as we're concerned.

What is this I don't even.
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular

Can you still get these? just by buying cans of rockstar??

• Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    I'm still having issues with the menu. It does seem to consistently get bugged searching for games, infinitely stuck on "searching 0:00" until I restart the client. Happened to me and my brother last night. It's a really fun game but hopefully that gets ironed out soon.

I have found that Halo doesn't play well with Quick Resume. Every time I fire it up, I have to force close the client to get Multiplayer to work properly.

I have found that Halo doesn't play well with Quick Resume. Every time I fire it up, I have to force close the client to get Multiplayer to work properly.

I literally never use quick resume unless I accidentally forget to close a game. Too many games having memory leaks over the years taught me this lesson.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    SniperGuy wrote: »

Can you still get these? just by buying cans of rockstar??

Yes, it goes for another month, I believe.

https://halo.rockstarenergy.com/en-US/

The Razorback skin is either Canadian or Circle K exclusive, but everything else, you just buy Rockstars and input the codes.

Stabbity_Style.png
    edited November 2021

It’s not for me. I found a Reddit thread that if you change your reload weapon mapping on foot (which I did) you get the issue I have where no button works

So that’s likely my issue. I think if I switch the reload on vehicles to match it will fix it according to Reddit

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    I'm so fucking garbage at this game lol

I need to unlearn all the bunny hopping I did against my friends on the most casual of couch co-op because jumping in combat most of the time seems like such a death sentence

I got so mad at myself for it I ended up rebinding the jump button to Left Alt instead of spacebar, just to try and unlearn chronic jumping

Disrupter wrote: »

It’s not for me. I found a Reddit thread that if you change your reload weapon mapping on foot (which I did) you get the issue I have where no button works

So that’s likely my issue. I think if I switch the reload on vehicles to match it will fix it according to Reddit

Yep! Finally I can exit a vehicle!!!

616610-1.png

Yes but it's also happening to my brother on PC so ??

• FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I haven't had any issues on my PC but I have run into some odd Quick Resume behavior especially when switching between me and my kid's profile.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • mRahmanimRahmani DetroitRegistered User regular
    Quick resume is one of those things that is incredibly cool when it works, but usually doesn’t. I’d love the ability to turn it on and off for specific games.

Does the sidekick have less sticky aim or like faster strafe or turn speed or something? I find swapping to it I lose all sense of aim. It feels off compared to the other weapons

616610-1.png
    Man if anything I'm more accurate with the sidekick

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    My multiplayer FPS skills may have gotten a little rusty:
    https://youtu.be/aM56vJMlGug

Zilla360 on
    |Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️