As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Go find the new Cyberpunk thread

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Appreciate the back and forth on the state of game, but from what I've read here I think it's worth taking the gamble on $30 for the PC version.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    Appreciate the back and forth on the state of game, but from what I've read here I think it's worth taking the gamble on $30 for the PC version.

Almost all of the praise of the game is from people who played the the PC version. So you're not going wrong by picking it up there!

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    I played the PC version

Some bugs were present, but the visuals and the story were pretty incredible and for 100 hours I was thoroughly entertained by it.

Especially the story.

I will say if you're playing it, play as female V because Cherami Leigh knocks it out of the fucking park with the voice acting.

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    I've got it on PC and Xbox One X, and am happy with how both run. The enhanced last-gen consoles make a massive difference over the base machines, but PC is the sweet spot if you have a decent machine - mine's got a GTX 1080, hardly state-of-the-art, and it's perfectly alright on it. And if you have a top-end PC it's on a whole different level again.

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    I played the PC version

Some bugs were present, but the visuals and the story were pretty incredible and for 100 hours I was thoroughly entertained by it.

Especially the story.

I will say if you're playing it, play as female V because Cherami Leigh knocks it out of the fucking park with the voice acting.

I was so surprised and amazed and elated that female V was Cherami Leigh. It is a bit outside her norm, but goddamn she did an amazing job. V is something like 23? Under 25 for sure. Either way V is actually rather young and Cherami really nails "young hotshot merc".

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    The female VA's for dual gender main chars are always better. Shepard, Cassandra, CP77 and some others.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Female Hawk in DA2 is another example.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I’m hyped to do a full replay once the XSX/PS5 upgrade is released. 10% because of potential game improvements, 90% because this time around I’m gonna play as female V.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    furlion wrote: »
    So I finished one of the endings and have 3 of the districts completed. The game is much more stable on my PS4 in the literal meaning of the word, it has only crashed twice in about 20 hours. But from a technical viewpoint the game is deficient in a way I have never actually played before. When I drive from point a to point b I have to intentionally slow down or I will outrun the games ability to render the floor and just fall right through. When I run from a fast travel point to an NPC to do any interaction, I have to wait 30 seconds or more for the textures to load in. It is so painfully bad that I would legitimately be embarrassed to put my name to it. Really hope that whatever big surprise they have waiting for the 1.5 patch is worth it.

I wouldn't hold my breath for the console versions to get much better now. Maybe more stable, but performance feels like it's as good as it's likely to get. The kind of problems you're describing now sound like they're all limited by data access speeds, and I doubt any kind of patch can fix that.
    I don't know what the PC version's like with an HDD, but an SSD sounds like the second most important requirement after a graphics card of some kind.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    The biggest exception is Assassin's Creed Valhalla, but that's because the male actor is giving a performance and the female actor is doing a voice.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    The female VA's for dual gender main chars are always better. Shepard, Cassandra, CP77 and some others.

Sara Ryder.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    So is this game still a complete mess on consoles? I'm definitely going to wait for the PS5 upgrade patch next year, but will it be worth picking up then? I know the PC version is now fineish, but what is the state on PS5?

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I haven't played it on PS5 personally, but my understanding is that it's "fine." All the major crashes and high severity bugs are fixed, and the game plays at a capped 60 fps (?). I think they can maintain a capped 60 because they're not running any fancy next-gen tech on it like RTX or anything, and they keep the NPC volume low. Not as low as on PS4, but still low. Basically they're cutting a lot of corners to make it run smoothly. You will have a good experience, but not a great one. And honestly, I would wager that when the actual PS5 version does finally come out, it will probably run worse.

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I still found it funny that my buddy walked straight through my car. I don't know if they fixed that bug. He did no pathfinding around the car whatsoever.

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I was impressed with how well the game ran on my old gaming laptop. It is an i7 laptop.

• Options

The PS5 version is still based on the PS4 code so there are still things there like having almost no cars on the road at night. In the video you can see that the headlights were reflecting off the ground but no cars to be seen. Really takes you out of a game.

• Options
    edited November 2021
    Krathoon wrote: »
    I was impressed with how well the game ran on my old gaming laptop. It is an i7 laptop.

My laptop's a circa 2017 i7-7820HK with a GTX 1080. I turned it down to medium (still looks good) and it's running fine at 1440p, no complaints. I forget the framerate but I think 45-60, that's what I usually aim for if possible as a minimum on here.

The game will absolutely make use of a 3080/90 if you have one, but a supercomputer is not required by any means.

Jazz on
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Yeah that wasn’t great, looks like I will wait for the next gen patches and digital foundry dissecting them first.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    I bought the ps4(5) version this last sale and am waiting until the next gen patch to play it; but my wife is on the ps5 now and is constantly calling me over to show me hilarious and or terrible graphical or engine glitches. Along the lines of say a main character working on a robot that never actually loaded in so he’s waving his hands at nothing etc. And that’s happening every few minutes with stuff. It’s definitely still much glitchier than the pc version was when I played it at launch. That being said she hasn’t hit anything progression breaking or any outright crashes so that’s good

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    Jazz wrote: »
    Krathoon wrote: »

My laptop's a circa 2017 i7-7820HK with a GTX 1080. I turned it down to medium (still looks good) and it's running fine at 1440p, no complaints. I forget the framerate but I think 45-60, that's what I usually aim for if possible as a minimum on here.

The game will absolutely make use of a 3080/90 if you have one, but a supercomputer is not required by any means.

I have a 3700X and a 3080 and with all the eyecandy turned on at 1440p, I'm still not hitting a consistent 60fps, so... yeah it could still make use of a supercomputer. :lol:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    FleebFleeb has all of the fleeb juice Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Bit the bullet and got this on sale! I'm also a compulsive modder (PC)... I'll play a bit vanilla but I'm going to want to fix this thing up. What are the must-have mods? Any opinions on "Level Scaling and Balance" vrs "Full Gameplay Rebalance"?

Not looking for anything silly, just fixes and improvements and the like.

Also, I play with my wife in the room and she already looks at me funny for playing vidya games... how annoying is the nudity censor? I'd like it on but it's not that big a deal Eh the undies look fine :D

Fleeb on
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Fleeb wrote: »
    Bit the bullet and got this on sale! I'm also a compulsive modder (PC)... I'll play a bit vanilla but I'm going to want to fix this thing up. What are the must-have mods? Any opinions on "Level Scaling and Balance" vrs "Full Gameplay Rebalance"?

Also, I play with my wife in the room and she already looks at me funny for playing vidya games... how annoying is the nudity censor? I'd like it on but it's not that big a deal Eh the undies look fine :D

I use Full Gameplay Rebalance and it is really, really good. I've never tried the other because I've never had any complaints about FGR.

Other good mods I use:
    Weather Probability Rebalance (makes a big difference. I got sick of it being sunny 90% of the time)
    Properly Walk
    Better Vehicle First Person - makes driving in 1st person not only viable, but fun
    Alternate Character Creation Lighting
    DLSS fix for inventory menu (only useful if you use DLSS)
    Seam Fixer - a must-have
    Photorealistic Eyes
    Expressive V
    Natural Freckles
    4k Complexion & Body for Fem V
    More Gore

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    That's a great list, thanks!

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    urahonky wrote: »

The PS5 version is still based on the PS4 code so there are still things there like having almost no cars on the road at night. In the video you can see that the headlights were reflecting off the ground but no cars to be seen. Really takes you out of a game.

This is not related to performance issues. There aren't a lot of cars on the road at night on the PC either (especially out in the sticks). The issue is that there is a night background/skybox layer that does not change depending on where you are in the game world. This layer has lights for cars in the distance when it should not in situations where cars are not more dense.

@Fleeb

OK so i find those two mods very good with small exceptions.
    • The rebalance removes level scaling on items/enemies/armor. This makes bonus armor from skills really OP (whereas in the base game it may be entirely useless).
    • The reblance removes level scaling on items/enemies/armor. This makes enemies very squishy in general
    • The rebalance does not fix the issues with non hacking implants. Hacking is really good because stealth is really good. But even having a few "weak" quickhacks is generally stronger than having the ability to slow down time. Berserk is, in particular, still extremely not worthwhole.
    • The reblanace adds in some items that are sometimes OP and sometimes conflicting with existing items.
    • The rebalance does not entirely fix crafting. Crafting in the base game is something you have to spec into and also keep up. But because there is no longer level scaling on items/enemies/armor you no longer have to keep your equipment current. This is both good at bad. (by mainly good). But it also means that any time you find legendary equipment... you may not ever really need to craft for that.

All in all i would HIGHLY reccommend the full gameplay rebalance and the level scaling changes but am UNSURE on using the HP changes.

edit: Newer update to the Full Rebalance says its incompatable with the level scaling mod. Not sure if this is true or what happens with this as my understanding was that the level scaling mod just changed the levels of enemies

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Good to know, thanks! I'd definitely planned on using the tougher enemies with the rebalance, and crafting's never been a big focus of mine so that should be ok.

• Options
    GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    So I finished one of the endings and have 3 of the districts completed. The game is much more stable on my PS4 in the literal meaning of the word, it has only crashed twice in about 20 hours. But from a technical viewpoint the game is deficient in a way I have never actually played before. When I drive from point a to point b I have to intentionally slow down or I will outrun the games ability to render the floor and just fall right through. When I run from a fast travel point to an NPC to do any interaction, I have to wait 30 seconds or more for the textures to load in. It is so painfully bad that I would legitimately be embarrassed to put my name to it. Really hope that whatever big surprise they have waiting for the 1.5 patch is worth it.

This pretty much sums up my experience with this game; like I could consistently crash my game by just driving as fast as possible in a straight line down the road.

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Gaddez wrote: »

This pretty much sums up my experience with this game; like I could consistently crash my game by just driving as fast as possible in a straight line down the road.
    Yeah this game needs an SSD really. It should have been in the minimum specs. Anything else and you will have a bad/sub-optimal time with it, in all likely hood.

• Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    Zilla360 wrote: »

Yeah this game needs an SSD really. It should have been in the minimum specs. Anything else and you will have a bad/sub-optimal time with it, in all likely hood.

Yeah, the chief problem is that the game was clearly made for high powered PC's, then someone said "but console $$$$"

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    schuss wrote: »
    Zilla360 wrote: »

Yeah, the chief problem is that the game was clearly made for high powered PC's, then someone said "but console $$$$"

As someone whose PC struggles to run most things, I'm glad for that.
    But then again, high powered PCs still can't run the thing right, as Tim Rogers attests...

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    The latest CDPR announcements also said the Cyberpunk teams are switching from shoring up the main game to pumping out DLC, so I wouldn't expect anything major to get fixed going forward. I mean, hopefully we'll still get some improvements, but I wouldn't expect them.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    The latest CDPR announcements also said the Cyberpunk teams are switching from shoring up the main game to pumping out DLC, so I wouldn't expect anything major to get fixed going forward. I mean, hopefully we'll still get some improvements, but I wouldn't expect them.

Like I get it

But also, aren't there perks that just don't fucking work still?

• Options

Like I get it

Is there a handy list somewhere?

• Options

Like I get it

I bet it's part of the deepest bowels of the code that would break everything so they've quietly let it go on for long. At this point the only thing they can do is add more content and give more back to the players that way.

• Options

Like I get it

I found this Google doc, looks like it's for 1.2 so a few more may have been fixed

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16w3LQBa8oRxQLIEVcXfLE1_vlAFO_zjq-WrKQoixgRQ/edit#gid=1844679720

• Options

Like I get it

I found this Google doc, looks like it's for 1.2 so a few more may have been fixed

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16w3LQBa8oRxQLIEVcXfLE1_vlAFO_zjq-WrKQoixgRQ/edit#gid=1844679720

vx0vxo4il13e.png

:lol:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    It sounded like there would be one more big fix patch pushed out with the next gen updates that are hitting Q1/Q2 of 2022. Sounds like we're getting a DLC at the same time but we'll see how much of that is actually true.

Not holding my breathe for anything of course.

• Options
    DrowsDrows Registered User regular
    Picked it up in the steam sale, I'm on a good PC and so far things feel mostly functional. Had to restart once because it couldn't change the driving view out of first person, and frequently loot on the ground are not lootable.

• Options
    Drows wrote: »
    Picked it up in the steam sale, I'm on a good PC and so far things feel mostly functional. Had to restart once because it couldn't change the driving view out of first person, and frequently loot on the ground are not lootable.

Yeah, stuff on the ground you can't pick up is kind of annoying after a while.

There's a mod (linked in my post a few up) that makes first person driving really good. I recommend giving it a shot, because driving around in first person is way more immersive.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    ThePantsAssociationThePantsAssociation A million could-be years on a thousand may-be worldsRegistered User regular
    I'm a Steam sale newbie too. The game has been pretty good on my PC except for one crazy bug. After a while, the audio starts to crackle and go static. This is apparently a known bug since launch? The solution is to lower your audio quality in Windows via the Control Panel. That's crazy.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »

Like I get it

I bet it's part of the deepest bowels of the code that would break everything so they've quietly let it go on for long. At this point the only thing they can do is add more content and give more back to the players that way.

Pretty sure the rebalance mod fixes all the perk bugs. It’s one of the reason that they scrapped level scaling.

wbBv3fj.png