As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Halo Infinite/SplitGate] Halo Infinite available now! Closed Spoilers for story

• KandenKanden Registered User regular
    The challenge changes today are much appreciated, tossed a spare XP boost on and played an hour during my lunch break, with those new ones and the fresh weeklies I got like 5 battlepass levels

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Vehicle vs vehicle battles have changed, I love just hopping out before my vehicle dies and grappling the enemy's lol
    https://www.xbox.com/play/media/3YR5E63E

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I did love how in the event I had a dude just get in a ghost and I skewered his ass. Boy when everyone has power weapons vehicles can be dangerous!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Went to the store and tried to get a rockstar

didn't realize they have to be special halo cans

this is how they get you isn't it

• SudsSuds Registered User regular
    I haven't bought the battle pass for one simple reason. The second I spent money on an otherwise free game I lose all interest in it.

camo_sig2.png
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Suds wrote: »
    I haven't bought the battle pass for one simple reason. The second I spent money on an otherwise free game I lose all interest in it.

Benefit of their battlepass system is it doesn't go away, if you pick it up and then decide to take a break for a couple years and come back, it'll still be there for you to progress on.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    So grapple is the best anti vehicle thing in the game right? And just sort of the best thing in the game in general?

I wonder what the logic was behind removing plasma pistol emp?

616610-1.png
  • hemmelighthemmelight Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    I'm guessing it's so the shock weapons / grenades have some utility against vehicles, rather than have all the old players using just the plasma pistol forever.

hemmelight on
  • AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »
    So grapple is the best anti vehicle thing in the game right? And just sort of the best thing in the game in general?

I wonder what the logic was behind removing plasma pistol emp?

Removing the emp is one of the weirder design decisions because they also brought in the plasma carbine, which has actually turned out to be one of the better shield strippers in the game, and better than the plasma pistol. The ravager alternate fire is a better shield stripper now than the pistol, fer chrissakes!

After a lot of fiesta play and more time overall with the game, I’ve managed to find proper uses for literally every weapon except the plasma pistol.

As far as anti-vehicle is concerned, the grapple shot is certainly good, if dangerous. But you can deal with vehicles in a lot of ways now; shock rifle and disruptor in particular have interesting applications.

I don’t know if the grapple is the best thing in the game but it’s certainly a hell of a multiplier: grapple + sword on pretty much any of the smaller maps is a pile of near guaranteed kills

• DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Yeah the grapple is the best for vehicles, like repulsor is fun but definitely not as useful.

I like the Disruptor for vehicles but that takes up a weapon slot.

For 4v4 on small maps I still want thrusters over grapple.

Dixon on
    There’s very little shitty equipment which is nice. The drop wall is definitely my least favorite, but I can fit everything else into my play pretty regularly. Thruster + mangler is so kinetic and fun!

I still don’t know how anyone lands shots with the carbine. If the enemy moves at all the bursts all miss.

616610-1.png
    I still don’t know how anyone lands shots with the carbine. If the enemy moves at all the bursts all miss.

By getting good!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Gotta lead your target more than you expect.

Started doing challenges in bot matches and my enjoyment of the game increased considerably.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyMlV5_HRWk

Launch Trailer for the single player.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    im not watching any more footage of the campaign cos its so close to launch, but my main hope is that there are some more varied settings and locations than what weve seen so far

Started doing challenges in bot matches and my enjoyment of the game increased considerably.

But you can’t lead a target who is strafing unless you just guess which way they are going to strafe? Maybe in engaging grin too far away? But even pretty close it seems like a strafe dodges the burst.

616610-1.png
  • DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular

But you can’t lead a target who is strafing unless you just guess which way they are going to strafe? Maybe in engaging grin too far away? But even pretty close it seems like a strafe dodges the burst.

You can lead their strafing enough to catch them with it. They can just...strafe in the opposite direction though if they react fast enough or product your fire rate correctly.

I have found that the gun works good to surprise someone with, eat their shield, and then follow up with a pistol or something for a fast headshot kill.

Beyond that, it seems like a fairly weak weapon with the slow projectile travel time.

• DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    There’s very little shitty equipment which is nice. The drop wall is definitely my least favorite, but I can fit everything else into my play pretty regularly. Thruster + mangler is so kinetic and fun!

Drop wall greatly increased in value for me when I realized that you can shoot through friendly ones, while enemies cannot.

You know, unlike every mechanic akin to it from previous games.

Rockets do not go through friendly ones though, I learned that the hard way.

I really enjoy the shield wall in oddball though. Lots of times I’ve thrown those down and been able to repel the enemy.

Dixon wrote: »
    Rockets do not go through friendly ones though, I learned that the hard way.

I really enjoy the shield wall in oddball though. Lots of times I’ve thrown those down and been able to repel the enemy.

Hmm, yeah, I should consider using them more pre-emptively in certain objective scenarios. I'm usually using them to eke out some protection in a long range fight.

Yeah drop walls are great on objective stuff. Or hell during a fight to buy you an extra second or two

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited December 2021
    Has anyone figured out how to do the replay feature with the in game UI but without the replay controls in the corner? I can either hide everything or nothing it seems and I wanted to capture some stuff for some montages of my good moments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xPmiqveYlg

Here's what I mean, also featuring some fun gameplay bits I did. Chain Reaction! Return to Sender! SniperGuy Actually Sniping For Once!

SniperGuy on
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2021
    Am I the only one having trouble finding reason why the Hydra and Carbine exist in multiplayer?

I’ll having trouble finding scenarios where I wouldn’t rather have any other weapons

The Heatwave is dangerously close to that territory for me too although it does significantly better in the confined corridors of the 4v4 maps so it gets to stay

bloodyroarxx on
    The hydra is decent against vehicles and also me, people seem to murder me with it all the time but I am not really a fan either.

Hydra is good for long range suppression thanks to the high projectile speed and large magazine and lock on mode.

Plasma carbine strips shields extremely fast and works best paired with a weapon for headshots.

The heatwave in vertical mode kills in two shots if all six projectiles connect.

Yes, sometimes you want another weapon, but sometimes you don’t have another weapon.

• A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited December 2021
    Good lord I've gotten trash at multi shooters. I'm so old. I used to be decent! I played battlefield competitively! Oh well. Gameplay is real good. Maps are good. Still love oddball.

RE- Progression. I really don't give a shit about the cosmetic side of it. The only complaint I'd have is that the challenges encourage poor play, but it's an online game so poor play is the norm anyway.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    All the complaints and news stories about the speed of the progression are obviously valid, but my main problem is that I just don't give a shit about the unlocks.

You can't mix and match paint jobs on individual armor pieces, which sucks

I got the EVA helmet which is awesome, but every other Reach helmet looks like some flavor of riot cop to me, so I don't care. The only thing I want is the scarf.

I got the base samurai armor and it's fine I guess. I busted my ass to get the Tea paint for the Mark V last week, but Blue Rampage makes me look like a combination of Master Chief and Optimus Prime, so you pretty much can't top it.

If this is all there is for the next half a year that's rough.

edited December 2021
    Well with the new EXP changes on the daily challenges, you can get a few lvls each day easy now. It's almost like they overtuned it lol, I'll be done the battle pass pretty quick at this rate.

Throw on a double exp and get some regular challenges with the daily and you could prob do 5lvls in the hour.

EDIT: I'm in the same boat that the pulse carbine blows, the Hydra isn't too bad.

The Hydra just works best in the situation you wouldn't expect. Long range encounters. Lock-on, shoot, hide, shoot, hide. Even if they try to hide behind something, if you have the lock, you can shoot off to a corner off the screen and the missile curves and you can get it around corners.

Dixon on
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Someone want to go to a circle k and get me the special rockstar code? We don't have those stores here.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2021
    Im mad that the Monster codes from last year worked

Halo-Infinite-Monster-Energy-Skins-08312020-850x478.jpg

I never bothered cause the game was delayed

Also

bloodyroarxx on
  • BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Hydra is good for long range suppression thanks to the high projectile speed and large magazine and lock on mode.

Plasma carbine strips shields extremely fast and works best paired with a weapon for headshots.

The heatwave in vertical mode kills in two shots if all six projectiles connect.

Yes, sometimes you want another weapon, but sometimes you don’t have another weapon.

I have trouble getting hitmarkers on the firing range with the plasma carbine, let alone in practice against actual people
    There's probably a trick to figuring out its aim behaviour but I just feel like it's so much more work than most every other weapon in existence

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I feel like the carbine is just bugged. Maybe one of those weird cases where it's so bad it feels... Wrong.

• Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    I feel like the carbine is just bugged. Maybe one of those weird cases where it's so bad it feels... Wrong.

It really kind of feels out of place in how bad it feels. Like, all the other guns feel like they have their niche and playstyle and that you can be competitive with them if you use them right and the carbine just feels bad to use. I think they should go back and rework it a bit.

Stabbity_Style.png

I have a weekly to get 3 kills with the carbine and its blue rarity which tells me they know how hard it is to get one fucking kill with it.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Carbine is pretty good on the "Streets" map. The tracking reduces the effectiveness of all the cover that map has.

Yeah like I’m honestly better off trying to close any and all gaps and melee than I am using the carbine. The weird part is I see hit markers all over dudes and they don’t die sometimes (they never die, just sometimes I see hit markers)

Also I find it funny how much people are worried about the progression because I care literally zero about it. Halo 1 didn’t have cosmetics and that’s the best halo!

I plan on riding my default skin and everything else for all of halo infinite

616610-1.png
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Yeah like I’m honestly better off trying to close any and all gaps and melee than I am using the carbine. The weird part is I see hit markers all over dudes and they don’t die sometimes (they never die, just sometimes I see hit markers)

Also I find it funny how much people are worried about the progression because I care literally zero about it. Halo 1 didn’t have cosmetics and that’s the best halo!

I plan on riding my default skin and everything else for all of halo infinite

Once I get all the ODST armor pieces there are I don't care at all about any other cosmetics. Sadly it'll be a while since they are all in the battle pass level 60's.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

Had a match where I got 3 "kills" with the carbine literally only one of them counted. WHY WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME?!

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Fuck. I was about to finish two annoying challenges right before my boost ran out but the sever crashed and now the game says there is no internet. Booo.