As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warhammer - Age of Sigmar] The New Fantasy

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Not being able to take marks of chaos is the only reason I haven't picked up the Darkoath characters (even though they look rad as hell). My AOS chaos army is BoK, so everything has to be able to take a mark of Khorne or it borks my entire army.

I could be misremembering, but I'm pretty sure either one of the 3.0 FAQs or the recent Slaves to Darkness White Dwarf update allowed the darkoath characters and warcry bands to take chaos marks.

• Options
    NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    I could be misremembering, but I'm pretty sure either one of the 3.0 FAQs or the recent Slaves to Darkness White Dwarf update allowed the darkoath characters and warcry bands to take chaos marks.

Honestly, I missed that completely.

Damn it. Now I have to buy them. And build a terrible cultist army.

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Untamed Beasts are still pretty useful! Though the new coherency rules make them a little less versatile as advance screens. I'm assuming that at some point they're going to retire the old marauders and just have the warcry stuff take their place, especially with these new Darkoath coming in a sensible 10 models per box with (as far as I can see) the same base size for all of them.

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    The current Marauder models look pretty goofy (although I think that is mostly their GW paintjob), but the biggest problem with replacing them with the Warcry warbands is you're going from 20 models for $40 to 16-18 models for $65.

• Options
    I mean, they're going to be charging more for a replacement kit in any shape, whether it's new bespoke marauders or subbing in the warcry bands, that's a gimme.

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Woo! Got some birthday money yesterday that will be going to a Red Harvest preorder this Saturday.

I cannot believe how quick they went from teaser to preorder.

This will also complete my collection of Unopened Warcry Starter boxes on my Shame shelf. (Original, Catacombs, Red Harvest)

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    hmm
    wbwi9wtprw0m.png
    I wonder if they are going to bring up cursed city again

• Options
    My guess would be another Skaven warband for Underworlds (Probably Eshin) but that does look like a pretty big base for that.

• Options
    Apparently Red Harvest is set in a warp stone mine, so maybe a new Skaven monster for that?

Similar to the Mindstealer Pharanx and Ogroid Myrmidon and Femeroid Crusher

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Red Harvest is set in a varanite mine, I believe (which is the mutagenic, chaos-corrupted realmstone of the Eightpoints). Not that that would necessarily preclude a Skaven monstrosity showing up for warcry, of course! Though warcry models don't tend to have fancy scenic bases for the most part.

• Options
    italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    105 pages!? Is this legal? The family unit might be getting into Warhammer Underworlds, and one of them really likes the tree spirits models. Is Ylthera’s Guardians the only one that has those? I’ve been looking online for them and seeing some high prices on eBay for opened and assembled boxes. Anyone know of some other websites where people regularly list stuff they’re willing to sell or trade? Alternatively, anyone see a copy of these hanging around at a FLGS?

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    I think the 100 pages thing used to be in place because threads with super high pagecounts fucked with the database or something, but now its in place because threads with super high pagecounts can be difficult to get into. I've seen a few forums where threads last several years and well into the thousands of pages, and while that seems kinda cool from a historical standpoint it would be a colossal pain in the ass to jump into or keep track of. Plus, its nice to get a refreshed OP every once in a while.

The treepeople are fun to play with, they get inspired by getting healed (or, if they don't have any wounds, being in a position where they could have been healed if they did have wounds), so if you get lucky with your first pull you can inspire everyone right off the bat.

• Options
    The family unit might be getting into Warhammer Underworlds, and one of them really likes the tree spirits models. Is Ylthera’s Guardians the only one that has those? I’ve been looking online for them and seeing some high prices on eBay for opened and assembled boxes. Anyone know of some other websites where people regularly list stuff they’re willing to sell or trade? Alternatively, anyone see a copy of these hanging around at a FLGS?

Ylthera's Guardians are the only current Sylvaneth warband, yes. Unfortunately as an older warband it might be tough to find a set of them, as much as I enjoy Underworlds the distribution model is not great.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    The models are still available from Games Workshop
    https://www.games-workshop.com/en-WW/Yltharis-Guardians-ETB-2019

So you just have to find the Underworlds card pack for them, if that helps.

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    The models are still available from Games Workshop
    https://www.games-workshop.com/en-WW/Yltharis-Guardians-ETB-2019

So you just have to find the Underworlds card pack for them, if that helps.

It’s kind of unlikely to help as the cards were only sold with the models, but the models are sold alone, so the cards are unlikely to be listed separately anywhere.

That said if it’s just family games all card images are available places like below and you could home print and sleeve.

https://www.underworlds-deckers.com/en/warbands/yltharis-guardians/

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Bear in mind they are rereleasing cards soon as and providing a fixed deck per warband at some point too.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    Aegeri wrote: »
    Bear in mind they are rereleasing cards soon as and providing a fixed deck per warband at some point too.

What do you mean? I’ve heard nothing about warband specific updates or re-releases?

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/10/14/harrowdeep-might-be-dark-but-the-warhammer-underworlds-road-map-reveals-a-bright-future/

I only know of this and that article only talks about rivals decks for warbands released in the new season

• Options
    That’s just talking about universal decks like the Silent Menace one. Because they work with any warband they can be used with the early season bands who don’t have a full legal faction deck.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Yay
    iluvjkw2517n.png
    Holga Clovenhorn is actually the 2021 Warhammer Age of Sigmar event miniature, and was originally going to make her global debut at Adepticon earlier this year. Well, we don’t want anyone to miss out due to the pandemic, so this commemorative model will be available to order through games-workshop.com from next weekend – with no pre-order window.

Also this week the holiday battleforces will be revealed on the 19th!

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Edit: wrong thread.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    AoS battleforces have all been revealed on the community site: Soulblight, Lumineth, Hedonites, and Ossiarch. They all look pretty decent, especially if you're looking to start a collection from scratch, a couple of them are maybe less valuable if you already have stuff for the faction in question.

• Options
    AoS battleforces have all been revealed on the community site: Soulblight, Lumineth, Hedonites, and Ossiarch. They all look pretty decent, especially if you're looking to start a collection from scratch, a couple of them are maybe less valuable if you already have stuff for the faction in question.

The Slannesh one I might get since my army is mostly demons
    The Realm lord one sadly is a 50/50 for my brother since he wants the general and another ballista. The Blade guard as well. It would give him 30 wardens and then 20 dawnriders! He doesn't need another banner so sadly this is a pass
    The bonereapers is one of those armies I really waited to see if they got an archer unit before I dove in

• Options
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/11/19/dragons-are-on-their-way-but-not-before-a-quick-balance-pass/

Storm cast dragons are getting a points change before they're even out.

• Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/11/19/dragons-are-on-their-way-but-not-before-a-quick-balance-pass/

On the one hand I agree with you, on the other hand for tabletop simulator they've been out for a while. The people there have been saying stormcast dragons are busted as hell.

• Options
    Still one of the things I am curious about is if they have Tyrion's army would it have dragons? But would it also share the basic stuff from the realm lords {Wardens, Sentinals, and Dawnriders maybe the bladelords}
    Still with the preview of the xmas deals I am more interested in the Slaanesh one. I may get the realm lords one afterall since I could just sell the banner. The Bonereapers the more of thought about it is one I may get and just sit on until they get archers

• Options
    TheGerbil wrote: »

On the one hand I agree with you, on the other hand for tabletop simulator they've been out for a while. The people there have been saying stormcast dragons are busted as hell.

Yes. Certain armies they basically auto won against. Chronically under costed in some ways.

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Gotta say, those giant dragon brothers aren't doing anything for me.

The ones ridden by SC, though, look pretty boss.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    The newest Rumour Engine looks fairly Fyreslayer-y. A previous one seemed to be obviously Deepkin. Those match up with a rumour that the two would share a new Shadow & Pain type box.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Fire dwarves vs sea elves would be a good box theme.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    A slightly unusual match up for a box, we haven't had a single grand alliance box since Wrath and Rapture I believe, but certainly both of those factions would welcome an update. ( Though ideally they also both need more than a single new foot hero...)

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    A slightly unusual match up for a box, we haven't had a single grand alliance box since Wrath and Rapture I believe, but certainly both of those factions would welcome an update. ( Though ideally they also both need more than a single new foot hero...)

deepkin are pretty good right now honestly
    their model line still looks good, and they're competitive assuming you really like archers and eels and sharks

slayers are... pretty medium, and definitely need a boost somewhere

• Options
    Deepkin are certainly better off than they have been in terms of variety of fun options, though I'd still like thrall heavy builds to be a real thing, but it's a range and theme with such great potential that it'd be a shame to just get the solo hero expansion in my mind!

Fyreslayers, I dunno where to even start trying to make them a more appealing collection, but certainly yet another infantry hero ain't it. Some lava artillery pieces maybe, or weird AoS cavalry, literally anything that isn't another identical shirtless dwarf with a big hat.

• Options
    Deepkin are certainly better off than they have been in terms of variety of fun options, though I'd still like thrall heavy builds to be a real thing, but it's a range and theme with such great potential that it'd be a shame to just get the solo hero expansion in my mind!

Fyreslayers, I dunno where to even start trying to make them a more appealing collection, but certainly yet another infantry hero ain't it. Some lava artillery pieces maybe, or weird AoS cavalry, literally anything that isn't another identical shirtless dwarf with a big hat.

There is a lot of room for Fyreslayers with some sort of fire-salamander riding cavalry / outriders, and maybe some sort of lava siege equipment with crazy long range, like a mortar canon or lava ball trebuchet / catapult.

That would give them something that encourages enemies to close with them, and then another that lets them close with enemies faster.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I still would like to see beasts come to the idoneth so schools of fish or like in warhammer underworlds a crab and another hero on foot just not a beastmaster even though it does fit their theme

• Options
    Crabs are becoming a real rumor for IDK right now.

GW paid attention to the warbands crab obsession it seems.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

their model line still looks good, and they're competitive assuming you really like archers and eels and sharks

Sharks are good? I'd been avoiding doing a Deepkin army cause I want to use sharks but I kept hearing they are bad.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »

Sharks are good? I'd been avoiding doing a Deepkin army cause I want to use sharks but I kept hearing they are bad.

Sharks are bad. I'm with the Jets.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »

Sharks are bad. I'm with the Jets.

Hmm? What’s that? A new like of Idoneth squid-riders you say?

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    Sharks got an updated warscroll with broken realms Morathi which makes them a pretty popular pick nowadays.

This discussion has been closed.