As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New [chat] Variant

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    That dog looks like Master Splinter

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    Dunno if anyone had mentioned it before but Eddy is a p. good looking dude.

Also I'd snuggle your baby yoda toy. All pups are good pups.

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    @HappylilElf Is there any way to tell the relative danger of a given star/planet you can travel to, or the quality of the items/mechs there if it's an industrial zone and not a conflict zone?

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Can someone link the shared Spotify

It’s time to put my music in

@Casual Eddy https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6lARB7CqhshiyOkgt3UC07?si=f1df6adacdea43a4

Please trim your Vampire Weekend and your George Gershwin, you East River dweller

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I guess I need to break down and get a spotify account.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »

@Casual Eddy https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6lARB7CqhshiyOkgt3UC07?si=f1df6adacdea43a4

Please trim your Vampire Weekend and your George Gershwin, you East River dweller

I'm seein double here, four Eddies.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Mmmm.

Metal coins.

besHbTth.jpg

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    I need to meet a nice orb

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    Wait why is everyone talking about Pizza Hut?

https://youtu.be/4_Mk7YaGamE

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    Holy shit. This diner scene in “Tick Tick Boom” on Netflix is catnip for theater kids. Bernadette, Chita, Andre, the Schuyler sisters themselves, and my favorite, fucking Brian Stokes Mitchell. It’s amazing. I kept recognizing more and more faces as the scene played on.

EDIT: And the actor that they got to play Sondheim has his mannerisms down pat. It was quite uncanny.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    Ill-formed opinion that I have that I will not explain: people don’t like the Tau because they aren’t camp.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Ill-formed opinion that I have that I will not explain: people don’t like the Tau because they aren’t camp.

they could be depicted pretty camp in a "awful mecha anime tropes" way, but I suspect it's more a matter of their late arrival

there does seem to be drift toward a 'harder' scifi aesthetic as the audience of w40k becomes less attuned to 1980s British pop culture... fewer Gretchin Revolutionary Committee and obviously Japanese-Gaelic Aeldari pastiches (e.g.) to underpin a sillier interpretation of the fluff

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular

I thought Tau was like one of their better non-Space Marine sellers

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    When your fashion souls is on point

zyv9sr77ly6s.png

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    HappylilElf Is there any way to tell the relative danger of a given star/planet you can travel to, or the quality of the items/mechs there if it's an industrial zone and not a conflict zone?

@SummaryJudgment Yeah, it's the recommended reputation level which you can see on the starmap.

Goes something like:
    Recommended Reputation - Mission Difficulty Range - Possible Drop Tonnages
    03   -   07-11   -   135 & 145 tons
    04   -   11-15   -   145 & 160 tons
    05   -   12-18   -   160 & 175 tons
    06   -   19-25   -   175 & 200 tons
    07   -   29-38   -   200 & 230 tons
    08   -   41-49   -   230 & 270 tons
    09   -   48-61   -   270 & 315 tons
    10   -   61-73   -   315 & 340 tons
    11   -   72-82   -   340, 360, & 400 tons
    12   -   79-89   -   360 & 400 tons
    13   -   88-95   -   400 tons
    14   -   92-97   -   400 tons
    15   -   81-100  -   400 tons

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »

https://youtu.be/3WSe9ugpXIw

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    this Power of the Dog flick on Netflix is really something

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    why does my spotify name appear as a string of numbers?

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    JebusUD wrote: »
    he keeps saying something that sounds like dillard.

Hah yeah I am obsessed with this band Krovostok https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krovostok
    they have a completely bizarre flat delivery and their lyrics are both pretty elevated in terms of their references and generally quite vulgar and violent

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    oh because I was logged out

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    i think using "on fleek" in any context is basically that energy at this point
    I'm not 100% convinced that folks saying "on fleek" unironically weren't basically trying to make "fetch" happen all over again.

Inside scoop: I was using it in exactly that context and for that reason.

This is very meta, but for a while I thought that trying to make fetch happens was itself on fleek.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular

it's a security feature, like when you type your forum password in here it just changes to all stars, see: **********

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    JebusUD wrote: »
    he keeps saying something that sounds like dillard.

Hah yeah I am obsessed with this band Krovostok https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krovostok
    they have a completely bizarre flat delivery and their lyrics are both pretty elevated in terms of their references and generally quite vulgar and violent

I should also clarify my Russian is usually only like 30% up to the task of parsing it by ear alone and I certainly look up and translate the lyrics
    Once I've done that I can understand most of it

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    at45972ea4mw.jpg

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »

it's a security feature, like when you type your forum password in here it just changes to all stars, see: **********

I didn’t know it worked like that. Gonna try it out.

Dildowankface$69

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    7fv1y5ectfq7.jpg

• Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    u6gs5wyxhl281.jpg

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Aioua wrote: »

I’m just 5% smarter than actually doing this

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    ronya wrote: »

they could be depicted pretty camp in a "awful mecha anime tropes" way, but I suspect it's more a matter of their late arrival

there does seem to be drift toward a 'harder' scifi aesthetic as the audience of w40k becomes less attuned to 1980s British pop culture... fewer Gretchin Revolutionary Committee and obviously Japanese-Gaelic Aeldari pastiches (e.g.) to underpin a sillier interpretation of the fluff

It's wild to go back and look at the rogue trader era stuff now

Space marines as corrupt judge dredd types, shaking down hive punks

An imperial inquisitor named Obi wan Sherlock Clouseau

Edit: also he looked like this
    8TXVcrwh.jpg

japan on
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »

8TXVcrwh.jpg

that's the adeptus arbites you're thinking of rather than the space marines

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    No, it's definitely marines.

The rogue trader era marines do not really resemble the current marines. Like the first scenario involves a group of marines against a group of orcs with the objective of looting a farm.

zIhF8fK.jpg

Note "Marines Out" graffiti

japan on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »

8TXVcrwh.jpg

New Dresden Files novel looks like shit

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    dang and here I thought the adeptus arbites was already something old and mostly forgotten but apparently that's just a strata above the actual ancient shit

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    everyone knows the space marines are stupid anyway and that the imperial guard is where it's at

NLmG77E.jpeg

it's also where the wikia articles are less likely to be so fucking stupid as wiki articles get when they include what single characters did in like, the history of a planet or whatever

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Technically there's no reason Rimworld and WH40K can't share the same universe.

It would fit thematically: eventually we discover FTL via the Warp and somehow that makes things worse.

• Options
    I also like the proportions of those marines

The guy in that armour must be all of like 150cm tall

This discussion has been closed.