As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Halo Infinite/SplitGate] Halo Infinite available now! Closed Spoilers for story

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    I mean I guess thankfully its just an emblem, but still 17 wins is a big ask, though do bot matches count?

They do not. Any challenges that say "in PvP" can't be completed in Bot Matches

• augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    It’d be cool if they did ancient Greek inspired armour, given you know, Spartans

• Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Man, 17 wins really is a lot. I'm 100% not getting that this week. Endwalker is tomorrow. Finished the week with 2/17 wins.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    august wrote: »

This is the kinda shit that made Halo 1 on PC so much fun back in the day

Just figuring out you could push the flag carrier with the Ghost all the way back to base, doing weird physics stuff

Glad to see that still carries forward!

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Oh man Halo PC. I remember desperately wanting to play Halo 1 online so I installed the demo (all blood gulch all day baby) and it was over for me. I remember being 13 and tricking the cashier into selling me the PC version at Walmart even tho it was rated M. The only two PC games I ever played back in the day was that and UT2004.

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Halo Custom Edition on PC is far and away one of my most played games ever.

• SudsSuds Registered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »

This is the kinda shit that made Halo 1 on PC so much fun back in the day

Just figuring out you could push the flag carrier with the Ghost all the way back to base, doing weird physics stuff

Glad to see that still carries forward!

This is so much more enjoyable to watch muted.

camo_sig2.png
  • DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    I'm hoping they actually nerf that in some way, cause it happens about 50% of the time to me in CTF games on that map. I basically always go for the shock rifle on that map now as a deterrent.

Dixon wrote: »
    I'm hoping they actually nerf that in some way, cause it happens about 50% of the time to me in CTF games on that map. I basically always go for the shock rifle on that map now as a deterrent.

As soon as I see that Wasps have spawned, I head for the shock rifle. Best way to deal with them, imo

I one shot a Wasp with the Skewer last night, felt nice

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I really like the multiplayer menu music. Doesn't really sounds like Halo to me, but it does feel like Halo to me.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKPckXlsWTs

edited December 2021

It feels so contrived. Challenge swaps are solutions to solve a problem you created. Like, just make better challenges that dont require us to feel the need to swap them out? Its so obviously done to just have a thing to give away. Oh, but then you wont be able to cross market what is essentially given away for free in every other game with this type of challenge system? Gross.

ObiFett on
  • KandenKanden Registered User regular
    who cares about challenge swaps, give me themed skins or gtfo, i wanna wrap my spartan up in tinfoil like a burrito or something

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Its all marketing so ehhh. Like I'd rather challenge swaps than specific skins because like not everyone has a chipotle.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »

It feels so contrived. Challenge swaps are solutions to solve a problem you created. Like, just make better challenges that dont require us to feel the need to swap them out? Its so obviously done to just have a thing to give away. Oh, but then you wont be able to cross market what is essentially given away for free in every other game with this type of challenge system? Gross.
    Welcome to capitalism and economics 101, in my TED talk I will discuss...

|Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
  • Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    https:// twitter.com/ Surefour/ status/ 1460893295001755648
    Reminds me of the original Battlefield 1942 from the early 2000's where your squad could go prone on the wings of a bomber and ride it around. Hilarity ensues. :)

|Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
    A clip from my YouTube from... Oh my god, ten years ago

https://youtu.be/5Uu5tODTWfI

I miss invasion

• FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    ALthough it's very effective - they should probably limit throwing power cells/flags a bit. You can easily have a train of 3-4 power cells all by yourself back to your base just running and throwing them as you go.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
    ALthough it's very effective - they should probably limit throwing power cells/flags a bit. You can easily have a train of 3-4 power cells all by yourself back to your base just running and throwing them as you go.

That and, things like gravity hammers affect them. So I wasted a whole ten swings to send them all towards my base the other day

eh if you let someone throw 5 power cells that's on your team.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Me and Arteen talked about this but 12v12 big team is almost too much. Basically you can have 6 people on offense and 6 on defense and it's just a lot to deal with. If they score early in CTF they can just go hard defense and never let you in

That and, things like gravity hammers affect them. So I wasted a whole ten swings to send them all towards my base the other day

Repulsor is real good too, why carry one seed when you can just push the whole damn pile into your base

• ShamusShamus Registered User regular

As soon as I see that Wasps have spawned, I head for the shock rifle. Best way to deal with them, imo

Best way to deal with a Wasp is another Wasp.

Then the skies are yours to rain down unholy chainfire like a bastard god.

I really enjoy the Wasp.

• IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Shamus wrote: »

Best way to deal with a Wasp is another Wasp.

Then the skies are yours to rain down unholy chainfire like a bastard god.

I really enjoy the Wasp.

1st thing I do when the wasp spawns is murder the other team's wasp before they realize it spawned.

Me and Arteen talked about this but 12v12 big team is almost too much. Basically you can have 6 people on offense and 6 on defense and it's just a lot to deal with. If they score early in CTF they can just go hard defense and never let you in

Big team battles do tend to draw out more often on capture the flag. Its way way harder to get a luck score than on 4 v 4, but that's also on coordination.

pleasepaypreacher.net

This is assuming that any 12 person team has that much coordination. Generally speaking, players that like offense will stick to being on offense and vice versa for defense. Its rare that you get a group of 12 players and they all collectively decide to turtle up after they get a single capture. That single capture is gonna usually embolden the offense style players to go even harder on offense since they think they can score again.

Granted there are the more conscientious players (like me) that pay attention to whats actually happening in the flow of the game and will switch their focus based on what the team needs. Like if its clear my team is all attacking, I generally try and play defense. If we are turtled up too much, I push forward. From what I've seen, that type of player is not very common.

This is assuming that any 12 person team has that much coordination. Generally speaking, players that like offense will stick to being on offense and vice versa for defense. Its rare that you get a group of 12 players and they all collectively decide to turtle up after they get a single capture. That single capture is gonna usually embolden the offense style players to go even harder on offense since they think they can score again.

Granted there are the more conscientious players (like me) that pay attention to whats actually happening in the flow of the game and will switch their focus based on what the team needs. Like if its clear my team is all attacking, I generally try and play defense. If we are turtled up too much, I push forward. From what I've seen, that type of player is not very common.

My games of BTB capture the flag always feel like 10 people on defense and 2 on offense on both sides.

Well the ones that stall out anyway, the ones where its over fast I haven't seen. It does feel like big battles are where people go to farm weapon kills more so than any game mode which make sense, more players more opportunity and more weapon spawns.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited December 2021
    Preacher wrote: »

My games of BTB capture the flag always feel like 10 people on defense and 2 on offense on both sides.

Well the ones that stall out anyway, the ones where its over fast I haven't seen. It does feel like big battles are where people go to farm weapon kills more so than any game mode which make sense, more players more opportunity and more weapon spawns.

I've been in some games where I'm the only one defending and my entire team has pushed out and are threatening their flag. I have also seen some games where its like no one knows how to push and it becomes a turtle-fest.

Its really just a crapshoot based on the types of players you get matched with and when/if you get full fireteams put in you can tell because there is more coordination. I'd say I only see clear coordination of more than 4 players like maybe once every 25 games, though

All this to say that I agree that 12 players is a bunch and could be problematic for reasons you listed, but the lack of coordination when grouping 12 people where no one is talking means I doubt it will ever be a problem.

ObiFett on
    edited December 2021
    I mean I still find myself annoyed flag carriers won't hop in your warthog when you're right fucking there. BRO!

Also I don't want to call people cheaters, but man I've been fucking luck naded at times where it feels like the fuckers homed in on me. Like I know from my own that sometimes you just get that "toss something randomly get a kill" but like "hiding behind a corner, grenade robocops off a corner right to me" feels slightly sus.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    I nearly had an amazing mongoose escape with the flag last night and then two random teammates ran in the way and flipped our vehicle and every body died

I had better luck solo running with the Razorback

If you're uhh near the staples center today?

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Nice nice nice!

Tweet thread:
    Let's talk about Halo Infinite playlists!
    We've been reading your feedback, and we're working on plans to add Fiesta, Tactical Slayer (SWAT), and Free-For-All playlists as we speak. They won't land by Dec 8, but the team is pushing to get them in before the end of year. Our goal for Events is to try new modes prior to adding to playlists. We'll monitor playlist health after the 3 additions above and adjust our offering if needed, but we're excited to make these updates before the holidays. This is just the start of the conversation with y'all. A Social Slayer playlist (with multiple variations) is also in the works (we see this request the most), but we won't be able to get that one ready until after the holidays. We hope you can understand and enjoy the ones that make it in before the team takes a well-deserved break!

John is a community manager at 343

Honestly I like how open they are being. Forza's team has also been at least forthcoming with "yep we're aware there are issues". It doesn't obviously get them fixed, but its nice to know they are aware!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    New playlists should make a lot of people happy. I’m not concerned about what mode I’m playing unless I’m farming challenges, so that probably won’t change my life too much. I’ve always considered wildly different objective modes important to halo; you won’t find me in slayer exclusive types much.

Had a hilarious moment in a slayer match, was rocking the warthog as my gunner mowed people down, and then accidentally drove us off a cliff. Thelma!!!

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited December 2021
    I have now unlocked my win 17 match challenge, I'm ready for my carry mr deville

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Lou29Lou29 Registered User regular
    Is it common for anyone else that one territory can't be captured on control games? It's happening more and more often for me, and while I don't quit rounds because my team is losing, wasting 15 minutes when it's clear nothing can change is getting old....

I had that happen in a big team battle the first time this week. And yeah I admit its frustrating. But I guess if you need weapon challenges done good time for that without worrying about objectives.

pleasepaypreacher.net