As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pondcasts Thread [Podcats Thread]

• Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    CBB with a late contender for the top 10 - Aisling Bea is apparently laser-focused to be an ideal guest. It's the most I've laughed at CBB in a while

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    I got into Anime Sickos recently and it's tuned right into my horrible internet humour and gaming tastes

I'm literate enough with anime to appreciate the humour but it's really their ethos around the so called Four Pillars of Modern Misery that drive the humour for me: Anime, Gaming, Posting, and Jobs

They basically rag on anime, gaming, and posting from an affectionate point of view and rip on the modern white collar work environment

I don't think there's much more I can elaborate on without ruining the humour but it's great comedy laser focused on the stupid shit I love to waste time on and the job stuff rings true having been a spreadsheet cog

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    You ever wanted to hear James Acaster, Paul F Tompkins and Ed Gamble talk about Paul's perfect dream dinner?

Well, here you go.

• Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    So, I was re-listening to Mike Duncan's History of Rome, and when he gave a basic explanation of inflation using the Old School Duck Tales episode (where the triplets use a malfunctioning multiplier gizmo to make enough allowance money to afford a new bike), I couldn't help but laugh...

Because that's how 6-7 year old me learned about hyperinflation as well.

• Options
    Quantum TigerQuantum Tiger Registered User regular
    I mostly get my podcast recs from threads like this and word of mouth but is there an aggregator or similar somewhere where I can browse? My podcast app is good at recommending top lists but impossible to simply browse through to find something that peaks my interest

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    This week on Revolutions, Lenin's twitter feed would probably give us flashbacks to a year ago.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    This week on Revolutions, Lenin's twitter feed would probably give us flashbacks to a year ago.

Oh man was everything secretly cake when he was around too?

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    turtleant wrote: »

Oh man was everything secretly cake when he was around too?

That signing ceremony for Brest-Litovsk was a laugh riot when the clause that ceded Ukraine turned out to be red velvet. And the pen was a knife.

• Options
    CBB World is doing a sale on annual subs if anyone was wavering on jumping on that train -- you can get the maximus plan for $60.

I've definitely got $5/month's worth of value out of it so I've switched my monthly plan to the annual plan

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Hard to keep up with all the labor news during striketober and strikesgiving, but I've been enjoying the podcast Work Stoppage.
    They focus on labor news mostly in the US but they've covered whats been going on in India and south america too.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Thank you for making aware of this podcast, agoaj! It’s very good!

Tef on
    help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Listened to this year's Til Death Do Us Blart on the way home from Thanksgiving. I think they're really getting into the nightmarish existential dreamscape phase that makes The Worst Idea Of All Time such a great podcast.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Catching up on The Flop House, Gillian Flynn is a top tier guest

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Whoever recommended Rude Tales to me

Thank you

I'm finally catching up to present and it has been an absolute delight

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Caught up on Rude Tales and I guess I understand soap operas now.

Also holy shit the Thanksgiving episode of Oh These Those Stars is incredible.

Taylor Moore led audioform text based adventure? Astounding.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Caught up on Rude Tales and I guess I understand soap operas now.

Also holy shit the Thanksgiving episode of Oh These Those Stars is incredible.

Taylor Moore led audioform text based adventure? Astounding.

Parsely is a (very funny) running joke from the Rude Tales Patreon. Taylor ran a one-off session for the whole group, and Branson hated it SO MUCH that he refused to ever participate in any session of the game ever again. Everyone else liked it, though, and Taylor likes to surprise people in the leadup to the reveal that they'll be playing it.

To appear in the main feed of a different show, in-fiction, is a (delightful) escalation of the bit.

I am terribly fond of these lil' scamps.

• Options
    I'm a Rude Tales patron and I guess I just don't understand the concept of Patreon because I never check any of the stuff.

I just give them $10 to keep being consistently terrible and hilarious.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2021
    I subscribe to too many patreons and podcasts to keep up with all of it.

The way I look at patreon is it one of the main ways to give support to internet friends creative endeavors or people whose work I enjoy, so I don’t care if I don’t necessarily get to consume all the bonus shit.

rhylith on
  • Options
    Hey if ya'll enjoy my particular brand of bullshit and don't want anything in return can you just send me like, five bucks?

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Their frustration with Tim is as amazing as how clearly impressed they are with his ability to derail a situation.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2021
    Taylor's (edit I mean Joe’s, duh) method of just jumping in with "smash cut" whenever Tim gets going in OTTSOS is very effective. But I remember thinking in Man Moon Rising that the other players seemed much closer than usual to being fully Over His Shit.

tynic on
  • Options
    95% of the time Tim Platt is kind of awful and probably the weakest part of Rude Tales or Oh These Those, if I'm being honest. But then the other 5% he'll randomly break out some legitimately hilarious stuff and it's like maybe just do that all of the time?

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    That episode of Stars with just Tim, Branson and Taylor was such a dud.

• Options
    I could not finish the one about Henry VIII.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Ok I listened to the thanksgiving Stars of Space episode and this might be the first ep from this crew that I actively hated by the end? It started strong but the last twenty minutes devolved into unlistenable chaos.

• Options
    This week on Revolutions, a lot of blustering rhetoric that does not change the reality of your position that is a lot weaker than you're talking up and oh dear Brexit flashbacks.

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Since I'm going to be dropping Stitcher Premium in favor of CBBworld, I decided to finally listen to some of the Gino Lombardo show. I skipped to the current season, and it's been pretty funny! It started with a 3-4 episode Serial parody called Finding Gino Lombardo. Gino went missing after a mysterious supplement-fueled riot on Long Island. Jess McKenna does a great Sara Koenig-alike as the host of the show, searching for Gino in the various delis and Italian ice shops of Long Island. He gets a lot of good, familiar-to-CBB guests like Lauren Lapkus, Edgar Momplasir, Ryan Stanger, Mano Agapion.

I just listened to last week's which was a bunch of 'pilots' with Will Hines. The first one is Strong Island Keep, a Long Island-style D&D show. It's the perfect venue for Jon Gabrus, someone who can convincingly play a Long Island bro and someone who knows what an evocation spell is. It's just too short!

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Jeff B with a stealth slam on Toledo out of nowhere in the bombcast last night.

• Options
    This week on Comedy Bang Bang someone actually says "Jay Johnston" in regards to Jan 6.

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    One of the things I find funniest about current Waypoint is the complete lack of respect the rest of the cast gives to Rob as host

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    Hobnail on
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    The latest Rude Tales is both a hoot a holler, I tell you what

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Jeff has been on a roll lately

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular

Blank Check announced their first series of 2022

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Technically not a podcast, but whatever, this thread has frequently doubled as the Giant Bomb thread:

Giant Bomb posted their first written review in over a year and I thought it was sort of interesting. Not so much because of the actual review of Halo Infinite, but because Jeff also wrote about why they don't really write reviews any more.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    WeedLordVegeta on
  • Options
    Suzy Barret as A Potato is killing me on this CBB. The potato's family left for a holiday dinner and never came back, but it wants to be in a Christmas special.

• Options
    This week on Revolutions, a peaceful transition of power in January

• Options
    captaink wrote: »
    Suzy Barret as A Potato is killing me on this CBB. The potato's family left for a holiday dinner and never came back, but it wants to be in a Christmas special.

God damnbit, is this a holiday special?

This discussion has been closed.