As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40K] A Very Aeldari Christmas

19596979899101»

• Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    No-Quarter wrote: »
    Burnage wrote: »
    honovere wrote: »
    Christmas rumour engine is starting and the whole thing is elder themed! Are we getting a month full of craftworld teasers?!

There's also a new set of leaks flying around about this - today's rumour is Craftworlds, Harlequins, Ynnari and Corsairs are all going to be in Codex Aeldari, with another leak scheduled for each day this month.

So similar to the Marine book. All-encompassing with supps for specific variants.

Why corsairs? and not exodites? and why the harlequins in this rat crashing tome?

Exodites would require a full book/ line like Drukhari.

Harlies make sense because their line is tiny (1 infantry, 1 jetbike unit, a handful of vehicles, and like 3 characters) so it's dumb not putting them in.

• Options
    novaspikenovaspike Registered User regular
    So hobby dump: move is complete and unpacking is in progress. Found my new FLGS, met the 40k folks, and got a game in.

Ran my be'lakor/slannesh list into a double ctan necron list and was pretty happy overall. Despite having 2 units of nurglings, 2 of furies, and a min daemonette squad for objective monkeys, I had a lot of issues with secondaries so I've come up with a few tweaks (though at least part of the issue was not having a solid plan going in).

I'm organizing down from a battalion and patrol to three patrols. That lets me get the right loci where I need them (at a CP cost) and gives a bit of future-proofing in case the new codex losses 'chaos undivided'. The reorg also lets me max the two daemonette squads to 30, which feels better than two at 23 and a naked one at 10.

I also went through my bits box and built an exalted flamer to replace one fury squad. The new plan is to spend butt-tons of CP to drop 8 flamers, a changecaster, and the exalted flamer onto either reserves or deepstrike, then bring them in to score behind enemy lines. And since the exalted flamer is a character for some reason, he hangs behind the group and scores deploy teleport homers.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    novaspike wrote: »
    So hobby dump: move is complete and unpacking is in progress. Found my new FLGS, met the 40k folks, and got a game in.

Ran my be'lakor/slannesh list into a double ctan necron list and was pretty happy overall. Despite having 2 units of nurglings, 2 of furies, and a min daemonette squad for objective monkeys, I had a lot of issues with secondaries so I've come up with a few tweaks (though at least part of the issue was not having a solid plan going in).

I'm organizing down from a battalion and patrol to three patrols. That lets me get the right loci where I need them (at a CP cost) and gives a bit of future-proofing in case the new codex losses 'chaos undivided'. The reorg also lets me max the two daemonette squads to 30, which feels better than two at 23 and a naked one at 10.

I also went through my bits box and built an exalted flamer to replace one fury squad. The new plan is to spend butt-tons of CP to drop 8 flamers, a changecaster, and the exalted flamer onto either reserves or deepstrike, then bring them in to score behind enemy lines. And since the exalted flamer is a character for some reason, he hangs behind the group and scores deploy teleport homers.

Not sure on the counts but for future proofing look at the new secondaries GW is releasing. Especially Engage and ROD which have number of models in a unit focuses.

https://www.goonhammer.com/the-grand-tournament-2022-secondary-objectives/

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6