As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WAR] Thread: moar like Waithammer Online

• piLpiL Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I know you guys said no more gay talk about Elric, but the fourth result on Google Image Search was this.

Oh, and maybe mutants can grow dude-ass flesh-facial-hair. Putting the mutton back in mutton chops.

piL on
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    So, orcs get bigger, dwarfs grow longer beards, what happens to the other races? Do we know yet?

Leitner on
  • Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    humans get wrinklier with more talismans to sigmar and elves get haughtier

chaos gets more twisted / mutated / visible signs & symbols of corruption

dark elves get more sadistic and blood thirsty, with more pointy bits

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited February 2008
    Bigger codpieces.

Unknown User on
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    zenpotato wrote: »
    Michael Moorcock is the rock and roll pot smoking uncle of modern fantasy.

Also Hawkmoon is the headwaters of ominous technological empires of heavily stylized armored dudes lead by a half-dead emperor in a corpse-throne.

How do Elves get haughtier? Monocles and bigger chins and a steadily declining ability to lower their head?

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • TheColonelTheColonel ChicagolandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Anyone else just get in? Got my invite just a few minutes ago. It's only been 5 months since I won the invite from PAX.

TheColonel on
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I don't think the info is out quite yet

€dit: about the other races appearance developments

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • HiravaxisHiravaxis Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    yay new thread!

Hiravaxis on
  • ToothyToothy Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I remember hearing that human and chaos armor will get more elaborate. Orks get bigger, and dwarves have longer beards. I'm pretty sure the elves just get "flashier", but I don't remember explicitly.

Toothy on
  • Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Also, after reading a bit of Warhammer alliance, they had a necro'd poll thread from 2006 about what races should be in / added to WAR.

Got me to thinking, Brettonia and Beasts of Chaos would be pretty easy to add no? They are even racial enemies, what with the Beasts desecrating sacred groves etc.

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • CojonesCojones Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I think we'd be more likely to see Brettonia/Wood Elves and Skaven than BoC.

Doesn't Skavenblight border on Brettonian land?

Cojones on
    exmac.png
    edited February 2008
    Also, after reading a bit of Warhammer alliance, they had a necro'd poll thread from 2006 about what races should be in / added to WAR.

Got me to thinking, Brettonia and Beasts of Chaos would be pretty easy to add no? They are even racial enemies, what with the Beasts desecrating sacred groves etc.

There's one problem with that, it doesn't include skaven. Wood elves would also be more suited to fighting beastmen. They're about as samey compared to existing races as brettonians would be.

Leitner on
  • zenpotatozenpotato Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I'd love to see Beasts in the game, but I think it makes more sense as a "hero" class than it's own faction. A Wargor or Bray-Shaman or Tzeentch all raven-mutated out with some horns would be badass. It would make a lot of sense to add on a 5th class to add in the "almost" allied factions.

I generally don't see how you could add Skaven without making them hostile to everyone though.

zenpotato on
    edited February 2008
    Vampire Counts.

Unknown User on
  • AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I want Lizard People...so I can have a Styracosaurus mount.
    Toothy wrote: »
    I remember hearing that human and chaos armor will get more elaborate. Orks get bigger, and dwarves have longer beards. I'm pretty sure the elves just get "flashier", but I don't remember explicitly.

This would be rather dumb. Everyone's armor starts looking better the higher level you get, that is the whole point.
    They should make it so Chaos warriors get auras that grow larger, like swarms of insects or glowing eyes or what have you. Something other than better looking armor would be nice.

Accualt on
    edited February 2008
    robothero wrote: »
    Vampire Counts.
    Oh lord no, Tomb Lords maybe but Vampire Counts just don't sit well with me.

Cojones on
    exmac.png
    edited February 2008
    I generally don't see how you could add Skaven without making them hostile to everyone though.

I would have thought that skaven would be the most likely evil race to form various alliances with the others?

Leitner on
  • AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Leitner wrote: »

I would have thought that skaven would be the most likely evil race to form various alliances with the others?

and then stab them in the back like the dirty rats they are.

Accualt on
    edited February 2008
    Vampire Counts fit for a plethora of reasons.

Unknown User on
    edited February 2008
    I propose that Vampire Counts belong on the side of Order.

zenpotato on
    edited February 2008
    I'[d much rather have Tomb lords or Skaven than VC, but I've no idea at all how they could get away with sneaking Brettonia in there. The casual gamer'll have a hard time differentiating them from the Empire.

Cojones on
    exmac.png
  • TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    i want my dogs of war, sure they are just like empire... but everyone knows long drong and his slayer pirates are the coolest unit in the world.

how can you go wrong with a bunch of drunken slayers that are armed to the teeth with pistols?

TheKoolEagle on
    uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
    edited February 2008
    What I'd really love to see is a third faction put in.

zenpotato on
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I propose that Vampire Counts belong on the side of Order.

All these things have happened before, and they will happen again.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Ash-HousewaresAsh-Housewares TARDIS Hunter Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    What I'd really love to see is a third faction put in.

Ash-Housewares on
    edited February 2008
    We should call the third faction Hibernia or Midgard

Unknown User on
  • s3rial ones3rial one Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    robothero wrote: »
    We should call the third faction Hibernia or Midgard
    They can even make the whole area look like one giant golf course, and then populate it my leprechauns and prancing things. It will make you want to [strike]KILL[/strike] give hugs to everyone! And that good will should foster a loving and caring PvP environment.

s3rial one on
  • Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    buh... i applied for beta before they started the first phase, and i went to check the status of my account and apparently it doesn't exist anymore.

woot

Bendery It Like Beckham on
  • WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    serves you right

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    What I'd really love to see is a third faction put in my butt.

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    yeah, i probably deserve it for one thing or another. maybe i'll reapply

Bendery It Like Beckham on
  • Oddjob187Oddjob187 Pew TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    The skaven should be there own faction where they can temporarily flag towards order or destruction but if your siding with Order you should be forced to hand deliver messages of friendship from GreySeer Thanquol to various order leaders and see if they chop you in half. Or something. As long as skaven die its cool.

Have mini Skaven games. Escape from Aldorf as various people try to chase you down through the sewers and skewer you. Or something.

Skaven.

Oddjob187 on
  • ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    CHECK YOUR FUCKING EMAIL RIGHT NOW BITCHES! Huge wave of invites just went out, and as of now I can't talk to you because I'm doing things I can't talk about. :P

Weird: Both me and my girlfriend won invites at pax through the raffle, but she didn't get in on this wave. She uses my computer so the DxDiag is literally the exact same. Also so weird, her code reads as games day LA, while mine read as that than mine turned to general warhammer event, while hers didn't.

Shade on
  • SelnerSelner Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Hey, new thread. Gimme a blue dot!

And more invites went out?

Blah, still Applied :( .

It wouldn't be suprised if all the Guild Beta folks had their names taken out of the hat anways :( .

Selner on
  • maraxus94maraxus94 Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Ya, I would be surprised if you were wrong Selner. Unfortunately. Hate Mythic so much

maraxus94 on
  • OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Selner wrote: »
    Hey, new thread. Gimme a blue dot!

And more invites went out?

Blah, still Applied :( .

It wouldn't be suprised if all the Guild Beta folks had their names taken out of the hat anways :( .

I wouldn't be surprised.

Also, while it would be nice to get into beta, and would've been even nicer to not have been strung along eight months ago, I don't really harbour any ill will towards Mythic. It's their ball, playground and rules, to put it metaphorically. We're lucky they're going to let us play for free (when and if they do). We're also lucky they're going to let us help them make their game better.

Oats on
  • MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Updates!

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    So, I can't wait until this launches because with the way the beta is going that will be the first chance we have to play.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    http://www.curse.com/articles/details/6223/

"Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning News & Articles

Do they invite anyone to beta?
    News | Feb. 7, 2008 (3 hours, 6 minutes ago) | by Zyuu | via joshdrescher.com | Filed in Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning

There's been a lot of discussions surrounding if Mythic actually invite people to their beta or not. Many contest winners haven't received their invites yet.Game designer Josh Drescher clears up all the rumors in his blog. "

KiTA on
  • MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    10. You bitches aren't entitled to shit.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.