As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WH40K] In which we discuss dice crime

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    The most reliable recent set of rumours, that have been literally entirely correct so far, stated that Craftworlds are looking at a "massive but incomplete update". I would definitely prepare for some of the aspect warriors remaining in resin.

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I'd assume a major aim of an updated eldar release of this size would be to get everything into plastic which isn't already, I'd be a little disappointed to wait so long for new models only to have half the aspects still stuck as resin. But on the other hand that also means there probably wouldn't be too many 'new' new units released, which might be disappointing too! Though I could see them holding back one or two of the aspects to release as filler weeks or as part of boxed sets later down the line.

Really I expected a trickle of releases of them as much of the craftworld army is what it was when i started mine an epoch ago

I am curious how much of the eldar are still Jes Goodwin's thing

The Banshees at least are based on his 2005 sketches it seems
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/10/10/howling-banshees-through-the-agesgw-homepage-post-2/

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    My bet is striking scorpions and swooping hawks

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Tyranids in Space Marine 2:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgxVQRTXtz0

wVEsyIc.png
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I love space marine but I was such a shitty tactical marine. I could not hit the broad side of a barn. But I was an excellent assault

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Is there a good place to figure out what each of the various kill team options are? I feel like half the sites I find are out of date or just list the names of the teams and I don't actually know what Hunter Clades are, so a picture would be helpful (also, are Hunter Clades tau, like the official kill team site suggests, or an Ad Mech rewrite, like a couple reviews have suggested?).

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    Is there a good place to figure out what each of the various kill team options are? I feel like half the sites I find are out of date or just list the names of the teams and I don't actually know what Hunter Clades are, so a picture would be helpful (also, are Hunter Clades tau, like the official kill team site suggests, or an Ad Mech rewrite, like a couple reviews have suggested?).

Both. GW, in their infinite wisdom, gave two different teams that name.

Check out goonhammer. They have good info.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    The first Space Marine was legitimately an enjoyable and fun game, I'm glad that it's getting a sequel. Story was a bit by the numbers, but solid enough characters and the sound and combat was solid.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular

Hunter cadre is Tau, anything Clade is AdMech

• Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular

Wahapedia has all the current rules and team compositions including expansions and white dwarf teams.

It’s actually a pretty good resource, though I always encourage people to sample the game with Wahapedia but buy the official stuff if they want to play the game regularly.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    I love space marine but I was such a shitty tactical marine. I could not hit the broad side of a barn. But I was an excellent assault

I don’t think I was too bad with the shooting, but I know I had problems with the latency in multiplayer and had to stick to melee in those game modes.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I am super happy to have Space Marine 2. Loved the game. Played it multiple times. Loved the multiplayer when it was still around. They added cool horde mode stuff. Sadly they split a lot of the cool stuff in dlcs and split the community.

Like the whole get a dread mode was so cool.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I am super happy to have Space Marine 2. Loved the game. Played it multiple times. Loved the multiplayer when it was still around. They added cool horde mode stuff. Sadly they split a lot of the cool stuff in dlcs and split the community.

Like the whole get a dread mode was so cool.

If you own it on steam you have all the things now, a little while ago they upgraded it to 'Anniversary Edition' and just gave everyone everything. Also a few youtuber folks have been working to revitalize the community, so multiplayer is still around. I'd suspect this announcement will cause a surge as well.

Prior to watching the trailer I was hesitant to get excited because I didn't know who was actually developing it. Turns out it's Saber Interactive whom I know mostly from their dark magic or however they get games that shouldn't run at all on Switch running well on Switch.

I am very excited.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
    Still I know Ultramarines are the flagship brand for space marines but they could have done blood angels since they have a beef with the tyranids and are on a crusade of revenge against them

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Ultramarines have some strong feelings wrt tyranids

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    For Tyranids they could have gone with Deathwatch and let players chose which chapter their guy came from, with some Chapter Tacticy type stuff to go along with it; but that's getting complicated. If I can't burninate with a Salamander then I'll settle for the boys in blue.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
    Are tyrannic war veterans still a thing for Ultramarines on the tabletop?

honovere wrote: »
    Are tyrannic war veterans still a thing for Ultramarines on the tabletop?

They still have rules.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    Cant wait to find out this tyranid invasion is a plot by an ascendant chaos lord.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    How are Helbrutes with Death Guard these days?

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg

Not amazing.

u7stthr17eud.png

Not amazing.

My plan is to lean heavily on Cloud of Flies with some like blight haulers and drones to get around quick but I have some budget to spend still.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    Still I know Ultramarines are the flagship brand for space marines but they could have done blood angels since they have a beef with the tyranids and are on a crusade of revenge against them

It's literally the same Character from 1, the article on the Warhammer community site mention it's Titus returning and you don't really change chapters (especially to another Primarch's chapter).

Titus was a good ultramarine, bringing him back is good.

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular

Any specifics?

wVEsyIc.png
    cj iwakura wrote: »

Any specifics?

They are one of the few groups to push back a hive tendril when it invaded Ultramar.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

Not amazing.

My plan is to lean heavily on Cloud of Flies with some like blight haulers and drones to get around quick but I have some budget to spend still.

Cloud of Flies is infantry only

I think Helbrutes are pretty good for their points. They crumble to dedicated shooting but they still take about as much dedicated shooting because of T7 and Monstrously Resilient.

I like Heavy Bolter and either the scourge or the fist. Use fire frenzy to consistent punch above your weight.

I’ve typically made points back with them

edited December 2021

Any specifics?

Mostly anger

Re: deathguard yeah two seperate points on the cloud of flies and the other units, my bad for the lack of clarity.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    More generally, you should be maxing your fast attack slots

2 MBH and 2 mower drones is good

3 mower drones is good

2 MBH, 1 mower drone, and one unit of spawn (3-5, don’t use the Strat)

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular

Any specifics?

Just this minor event.

-Loki- wrote: »

Any specifics?

Just this minor event.

That'd do it.

wVEsyIc.png
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Leaks are beginning to float around...

GSC stuff
    https://www.reddit.com/r/WarhammerCompetitive/comments/rdp539/shadowthrone_gsc_rules_blips/
    Big things; Blips are still in! They've changed around a bit so you can't take advantage of an old rules exploit. Also they don't count as coming out of reinforcements.

Patriarch: Up to W7, has a 4+ invul. His aura no longer autopasses morale, just ignores attrition modifiers Magus: 2 casts. His aura gives a 5+ FNP vs mortal wounds in the psychic phase to friendly infantry and bikers Primus: Now allows RR wound rolls of 1's aura (edit - it's RR hit rolls of 1 for core units, and can choose up to 1 unit within 6" to reroll wound rolls of 1). Up to Str4 and T4. Bonesword is +1S, -2 AP, D2

Psychic familiars changed, now allow a RR of a psychic test and count as a token and don't have their own stats.

neophytes: essentially the same, webber now does MW's if you roll above strength from what I understand. Saboteur: Is BS2+, doesn't have the crossfire keyword which is a bummer

Screenshots courtesy of CasualCryptic: (a bit blurry but better than nothing!) Blips:
    775cylqc7nc7.jpg
    hgxmh46folxq.jpg
    ojad306kwohd.jpg
    trjo21aa8fie.jpg
    paw6dcit2jo9.jpg

Custodes
    https://www.reddit.com/r/AdeptusCustodes/comments/rdndle/i_come_bearing_gifts/

Copypasta - New stuff not including things we already know: All Custodes units have the Aegis of the Emperor and Martial Katah rule

Blade Champ: 7W, 3+ save Martial Inspiration: Each time a friendly <SHIELD HOST> unit declares a charge against an enemy unit that is within Engagement Range of this unit, add 1 to the charge roll made for that unit

All Sisters units have the Daughters of the Abyss rule

Witchseeker: Flamers are AP-1 Seeker Cadre: In the start of the first battle round before the first turn begins, this unit or one Anathema Psykana Transport unit it is embarked within can make a Normal Move at up to 6" as if it were your Movement phase. This unit must end their move more than 9" away from enemy models. If both players have units that can do this, the player who is taking the first turn moves their units first.

Allarus: 4W, 4A Balistus Grenade Launcher: Assault D3 S5 AP-3 D1 Blast Axes are S+3 AP-2 D2 Keywords: Infantry, Core, Teleport Homer, Terminator, Allarus, Custodians (yes, Allarus and Custodians are separate keywords)

Allarus Shield Cap: 8W, 5A (6? hard to see, but most likely 5) Inspirational Fighter: Same reroll hit rolls of 1 aura except now it's Core only Keywords: Infantry, Character, Teleport Homer, Terminator, Allarus, Shield-Captain

Vigilators: Executioner Greatblades: S+2 AP-3 D2

Prosecutors: No change, just Troops now

Allarus Vexilla: Same wargear options, 7W Vexilla Defensor (aura): When a friendly <SHILED HOST> Core or <SHILED HOST> Character unit is within 6" of this model, it has the benefits of light cover. Vexilla Imperius (aura): When a friendly <SHILED HOST> Core or <SHILED HOST> Character unit is within 6" of this model, add 1 to the Attacks characteristic to the models in this unit. Vexilla Magnifica (aura): When a friendly <SHILED HOST> Core or <SHILED HOST> Character unit is within 6" of this model, it has the benefits of dense cover. Aquilan(?) Relic rule: Your army can only include each type of vexilla (e.g. vexilla magnifica) once. Keywords: Infantry, Character, Teleport Homer, Terminator, Allarus, Vexilus Praetor

https://imgur.com/a/NGy8Nop

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    Its hard to read but the blip stuff is just for those missions it seems. I will know next week.

The saboteur is pretty good. Should blow the shit out of light vehicles really well. One of them should kill a couple ork vehicles a turn with an okay roll.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited December 2021
    It actually does say that this ability is in the GSC book.

I can’t see them removing one of the more iconic and interesting mechanics from GSC.

Also why do these leakers always have a phone that might as well be a camera attached to a potato.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
    Its hard to read. I don't think they are going away just might be in a specific form.

Either way I am excited.

Also cult icons bringing back 1d6 dudes for neophytes and 1d3 for hybrids is nuts.

Its basically being necrons for cheaper.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Its hard to read. I don't think they are going away just might be in a specific form.

Either way I am excited.

Also cult icons bringing back 1d6 dudes for neophytes and 1d3 for hybrids is nuts.

Its basically being necrons for cheaper.

Problem is those units are made of paper, and so are highly likely to get wiped out before getting a chance to use the icons.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
    Advent engine day 11 currently leads to a 404
    74WPkWs6hjRdPp4b.png

honovere wrote: »
    Advent engine day 11 currently leads to a 404
    74WPkWs6hjRdPp4b.png

8yit4badj9q6.png

• Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    I don't see anything saying they're plastic, I wouldn't hold my breath. I know the Severina Raine mini from two years ago was resin.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
    I don't see anything saying they're plastic, I wouldn't hold my breath. I know the Severina Raine mini from two years ago was resin.
    In the article I linked is the video exclaiming they are plastic