As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Painting exhibition a thread

• KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    It's neither of those, though super dungeon explore looks rad.

I've seen these minis so many times, I can't believe I can't find them now. I feel like they were part of a boardgame from Kickstarter

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    It's for a buddy who wants to get into painting miniatures but not necessarily Warhammer

I'll probably recommend minis from super dungeon Explorer and from Wonder book

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

• DaenrisDaenris Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    Khraul wrote: »
    It's neither of those, though super dungeon explore looks rad.

I've seen these minis so many times, I can't believe I can't find them now. I feel like they were part of a boardgame from Kickstarter

DiceHeads has done some Heroes of Zoontalis kickstarters for 3d printable files of a bunch of humanoid animal fantasy figures. That's definitely what jumps to my mind first when you say "cute humanoid animals dressed as dnd style characters"

I've backed and printed some of them and they're pretty cool minis.

Daenris on
  • KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    I made the mistake of wanting a model that ended up being Finecast. End result looks awesome though

P1010516.JPG

P1010517.png

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    ceakfhz1fklw.jpg

• KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    Finished up my first ever attempt at OSL. I went way more heavy handed, because I wanted a particular story to read. Looking back there are things I'd change, but going to enter it into a local competition tomorrow.

P1010534.JPG
    P1010535.JPG

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    Pondering Pig.
    r62z3nynjy9x.jpg
    lz4co6qdo8g8.jpg

website_header.jpg
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Memetastic!

But seriously, that looks great.

• GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    That’s some pig!

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    The answer to the question: What if Gandalf, but pig?

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    Hamdolf the Pink.

website_header.jpg
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Greetings and salupaintions friends,

The wife got me a whole air brush set for Christmas and I'm excited to get started, but I want to be safe and such.

I've seen discussing online saying to get a full on respirator to use when air brushing and others saying an N95 mask is good. Not sure which way to go.

Also, is it better to diy myself a spray hood setup, or to just buy one of the ones on Amazon for $130?

Thanks!

• NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Also, is it better to diy myself a spray hood setup, or to just buy one of the ones on Amazon for $130?

WRT this point: I used a DIY box+fan for a while, and while it was fine it was always a little wonky. I eventually went for the Master Airbrush booth you see linked everywhere to Amazon, and I've yet to regret the purchase.

So I guess what I'm saying, is that if you're just tooling around a DIY solution is fine (and cheap). If you intend to really put in work with your airbrush, I don't think you'll regret getting a manufactured booth.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    edited December 2021
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Greetings and salupaintions friends,

The wife got me a whole air brush set for Christmas and I'm excited to get started, but I want to be safe and such.

I've seen discussing online saying to get a full on respirator to use when air brushing and others saying an N95 mask is good. Not sure which way to go.

Thanks!

N95 is totally fine for acrylics. They're rated to catch 95% of particulates from 0.1 to 0.3 microns. Some pigments have particulates smaller than that but they're going to be attached to water droplets and acrylic medium so the N95 will do the job just fine.

If you ever spray oils or enamels with your airbrush you'd probably want something with a better rating. N95's are not resistant to oil and you'd need something with an R95 or P95/P99 rating.

For the spray hood, If you want something with a fan that will actually draw air, you're probably going to spend more than $130 getting all the bits put together plus what your time is worth for assembly.

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    Couple more TeeGees:

ygCCypF.jpg
    5rPID5Q.jpg

I think the oversaturated red on the second one was not a very good choice. I've been trying to give more thoughts to the colour scheme lately (following the wisdom of Sprocket at https://sproketsmallworld.blogspot.com/2020/04/creating-colour-scheme-part-1-of-3.html ) but I have a long way to go in that regard.

Mayday on
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Are you kidding? The contrast between the red and the teal is what makes it….

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
    edited December 2021
    Yeah, that oversaturated red and teal combo is absolutely rad

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    High contrast schemes is what makes them look good standing over them on a table

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    I don't know Sproket from Adam, but the nitpick in me is bugged by the color wheel in the article you linked.
    k3lwn274jk0o.png
    I just, when your colors jump in increments ranging from 8 to 42 (!), how is that an accurate depiction of the spectrum?

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • novaspikenovaspike Registered User regular
    Be'lakor is done!
    uwribvs0i0s6.jpg

• [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    novaspike wrote: »
    Be'lakor is done!
    uwribvs0i0s6.jpg

What's the height and wingspan on that bad boy? Thinking of making a custom one.

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Mr_Rose wrote: »

Yeah, it's basically the Sons of Horus colour scheme which is objectively the best Heresy colour scheme.

edited December 2021
    honovere wrote: »
    Mr_Rose wrote: »

Yeah, it's basically the Sons of Horus colour scheme which is objectively the best Heresy colour scheme.

Well there is a reason why my dudes have the Eye of Terra as their symbol... (the reason is mostly the colour scheme - though I did modify it).

Mayday on
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    As someone who has recently spent an irresponsible amount of money buying up old minis and paints (yup) from the 80s and 90s, I laugh at what you call 'saturated' red.

Glaze some yellow ink over that, coward.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
    Be'lakor is done!
    uwribvs0i0s6.jpg

What's the height and wingspan on that bad boy? Thinking of making a custom one.

Big B is about 4.5 inches tall (standing on the base). Him on his own is just above 4.

Wings go up 6.75 inches from base bottom, and full span is just over 8 inches horizontal (tip to tip).

Be'lakor is done!
    uwribvs0i0s6.jpg

Big B is about 4.5 inches tall (standing on the base). Him on his own is just above 4.

Wings go up 6.75 inches from base bottom, and full span is just over 8 inches horizontal (tip to tip).

How tall is he feet to horns? Or base to horns?

Good news is the figure I'd be basing looks to be spot on (10 cm feet to top of head). But the 20 cm wingspan… Well, that's a challenge.

Be'lakor is done!
    uwribvs0i0s6.jpg

Good news is the figure I'd be basing looks to be spot on (10 cm feet to top of head). But the 20 cm wingspan… Well, that's a challenge.

Base to horns is 4.5, with him on his own just over 4 (roughly, since the model is stepping down).

edited December 2021
    Be'lakor is done!
    uwribvs0i0s6.jpg

Base to horns is 4.5, with him on his own just over 4 (roughly, since the model is stepping down).

But from base to the part of the wings that's the highest it must be even more, right? It looks like another 4 cm or so from the pics.

(I thought your original post was from base to highest point on wings, but that was obviously a misread on my part.)

[Expletive deleted] on
    Ahhh misread on my part too. From the bottom of the base to tops of wings is 6.75. If you wanted purely him (feet to wing top, no base) it's about 6.25 inches.

You are a gentleman and a scholar, novaspike. (Handy with a ruler, too.)

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I think this marks the first time when I'm truly happy with my TMM.
    AU4fjrA.png

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    That wood on the rifle is ridiculous

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    That wood on the rifle is ridiculous

Seriously. The gun is a part of the model the eye is drawn to, and when it gets there goes "Holy shit...".

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Well hello there, gorgeous.

dty7d0i91vrj.jpg

Still shrink-wrapped.
    7q3tzodz3c7e.jpg

Not shrink-wrapped anymore!

xyz0uho7u2fn.jpg

Gave them all a good shake, still sound liquid.

aboyxgtabd2v.jpg

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
    edited December 2021
    That marine isn't too far off of the aesthetic of modern marines, but that chaos marine is butt ugly.

Nope, I see the square base, that's for Fantasy.

Still ugly.

novaspike on
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Yeah that’s a Chaos Warrior, not Marine.

Also, Marines largely didn’t change aside from whatever gubbins were on their armour for like… two decades until Primaris? And even that was just lengthening the legs and arms for better proportions.

• INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    I have been slowly but surely keeping myself engaged in this hobby:
    zniz0on5r1mh.jpg
    nrxdlhdgv4bj.jpg

Nice, what game/system are those for?

This discussion has been closed.