As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

🖥️🎮 - Shovel Knight Pocket Dungeon & Love Notes out today!

19495969798100»

• Options
    CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    Is the Wrought Flesh developer/publisher an Indigenous person? Because that logo is certainly a choice if they're not.

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Lalabox wrote: »
    dang i really like chorvs

it doesn't has the tightness and purity of something like House of the Dying Sun, but it is a very fun space game and i like the stories and characters

I still think about House of the Dying Sun regularly, so even mentioning it in the same breath is some high praise!

I really hope that guy makes another game someday, because House has some absolutely immaculate vibes

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Calica wrote: »
    Is the Wrought Flesh developer/publisher an Indigenous person? Because that logo is certainly a choice if they're not.

That's the logo of the Youtube channel Brolo linked, it's not actually related to Wrought Flesh or the devs

It's

yeah

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »

YOU SAID YOU WANTED MORE WORDS AND WE LISTENED!

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I remember making a dude in blade and soul that was so tall he couldn't fit on the character creation screen. then they had a hairstyle that was like a foot tall flat top, which I of course chose

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2021
    Karl wrote: »
    In gaming backlog news I finally got round to and completed Portal.

That's a good ass game that does not overstay it's welcome.

I'd recommend checking out Portal 2. It doesn't quite have Portal's brevity, but it does have JK Simmons.

Their casting was way better than it needed to be. Stephen Merchant was also excellent.

It's one of those games I keep meaning to go back and play again because it was so well made, I almost never play story games twice.

godmode on
  • Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    David_T wrote: »

Free crossover DLC in the Assassin's Creediverse.

I need to finish Valhalla.

And apparently I need to reinstall Odyssey. More Cassandra !

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I have a reason to go back to odyssey now.

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    I enjoy this tacit admission that Cassandra is the canonical Odyssey protagonist.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Sprout wrote: »
    I enjoy this tacit admission that Cassandra is the canonical Odyssey protagonist.

IIRC it was from the start. They just put Alexios on all of the advertising because something something male protagonists sell more something something.

But Kassandra was always the canoninical protagonist.

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    iirc Valhalla's got a thing going where technically both genders are canonical but female Eivor is the actual canonical protagonist.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    Tef wrote: »
    Escape From Tarkov just wiped, so I’ve been having some fun learning to play that. It’s like someone condensed the white-knuckle moments of a final circle fight from a battle Royale game. They do not hold your hand, like, at all. You definitely want to spend a while on the wiki or have someone guide you through

For example, the game will allow you to load the wrong rounds into your rifle’s magazine, and the only way you’ll find out is when the gun won’t shoot during a firefight. Ask me how I know this

You handload the random hollowpoint ammo you found into the SKS as god intended.

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    The grunt humor is indeed strong in Halo Infinite

I killed two invisible sword wielding elites and then a pair of grunts come into the room.

Grunt A: "So did you guys kill him ye-" *dies from mangler shot*

Grunt B: "Ok Spartan, you and me, hand to hand, a fair figh-" [Terrified Electrocuted Screaming] *dies from sword strike*

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    The first grunt says, if you don’t kill him “did you guys kill him yet? I want his helmet!” Then screams when he sees you

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    The first thing I upgraded in Halo was fully upgrade the grapple and I have no regrets.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    I guess I should play Halo someday.

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Baidol wrote: »
    The first thing I upgraded in Halo was fully upgrade the grapple and I have no regrets.

one of the design problems HI has is that the other upgrades are for equipment that you will never ever ever use because why would you ever use anything other than the grapple.

The Thrust is especially something they should have figured out how to map to another button because it's neat but, again, not going to bother switching around from the most useful and most fun thing i have at my disposal.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    Yeah all the other abilities are definitely useful, especially in certain circumstances, but the mental hassle of switching to them means you can’t really effectively employ them on the fly without dedicating a lot of your concentration to doing so. Feels like rubbing your belly and tapping your head

Prohass on
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Yeah, there's no way I'm switching to the thruster on the fly. I have begun throwing sensors in arenas, particular in the opening of fights, to see who I can falcon punch around a corner.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I should get back into Odyssey now I have a better computer. It was really good but I ran out of steam once I started to hit all the bloat. There's just so much game.

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Towards the end I started using the sensor dart a lot. There's a couple of fights where you're saving yourself a lot of grief by using it.

I also died quite a few times from launching a dart when I was expecting to grapple so who knows if it is good or bad.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Also in an MMO context it will affect if you are standing in the right place to avoid being hit by area attacks

Such as stuff like this. That tiny little section that's not glowing on the floor?

https://youtu.be/h1t030sEmFc

in this particular case everyone has the same point-sized hitbox at the root of their model, but using small races does make it easier to see where you're standing to line it up, maybe.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    AC: Odyssey is my favorite game in that series and Valhalla is...not.

This discussion has been closed.