As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[COVID-19] Its impact on you. Yes, you.

jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovelsRegistered User regular
edited March 2022 in Debate and/or Discourse
As of this OP the Omicron variant is the new up and comer. Hows this being handled where you are? How do you feel?

Copied from Bogart's OP:
As the title states, this thread is for discussion surrounding covid and how it has affected us, our communities, others, and the world, while the updates thread is for information/updates about the virus itself.

Cite your sources and don't post bad or wrong or dishonestly-framed information; mod patience for this kind of thing is especially thin right now.

We've all had a terrible time of the past year, so try not to be jerks to each other.

Tl;dr: Be kind, be truthful and cite things, and if you're going to post in the updates thread with something that is not an update, post it here instead.

My message to all: Get Vaxxed, Get Boosted

Bogart on

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    #getboosted if you can.

Speaking of which, apparently my province (Ontario) has recently announced that booster eligibility has been accelerated, with anyone 18 or older eligible to book one as of Monday

- Second dose to Booster timeline has been decreased from 6 months to 3 months.
    - Pharmacies may provide boosters for walkins as of Dec 17th.
    - Free rapid tests available at pop up locations in high traffic public areas, as well as LCBO retail (liquor stores), effective immediately.
    - Capacity limits are in place again for large indoor gathering places like concert and sporting venues: 50% for those with a capacity greater than 1,000 people.
    - It might impact other businesses as well.

Crossposted from the last thread, as I know there are a few other fellow forumers here in Ontario (and I imagine other provinces may follow suit, or not, I dunno).

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    God. I just stopped by Walgreens to pick up my prescription. I was the only non-employee wearing a mask (along with my son). It never ceases to amaze me.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Today’s reminder that the capitalist class is perfectly happy to murder you and your loved ones if it might make them more money:

CEOs from American Airlines and Southwest Airlines testified in Congress today their opinions mask mandates for travel should be removed because “most of our planes have HEPA filters.”

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/15/business/airline-ceos-question-masks-on-plane-rule/index.html

"I think the case is very strong that masks don't add much, if anything, in the air cabin environment. It is very safe and very high quality compared to any other indoor setting," said Kelly.

Both Kelly and Parker, who each have announced plans to retire as CEOs in the coming months, mentioned that high-grade HEPA air filters on planes capture virtually all airborne contamination and air quality is helped by how frequently cabin air is exchanged with fresh air from outside the cabin.

"I concur. An aircraft is the safest place you can be," said Parker. "It's true of all of our aircraft — they all have the same HEPA filters and air flow."

However, Sara Nelson, the president of the Association of Flight Attendants, testified at the hearing that not all aircraft are equipped with the same quality of air filters. For example, some older planes do not have HEPA filters, she said.
    The mask requirement is still a source of controversy. Much of the steep rise of in incidents involving unruly passengers over the last two years have revolved around passengers being ordered to wear masks.

"I think that is probably for the medical community to decide rather than me," Nelson added. "What I will add is that the studies that have been done [on masks]....were done with mannequins that were sitting straight forward with masks on, not removing them, not eating."

"It is important to recognize that the safe, controlled environment on planes...includes the HEPA filters that are not on all aircraft," she concluded.

Masks on planes are required by the federal government, following the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control. The DOT did not immediately respond to a request for comment on the testimony.

The remarks by Kelly and Parker were criticized by one committee member, Sen. Ed Markey, a Massachusetts Democrat.

"I'm shocked that some of the CEOs here today have suggested we no longer need masks mandates on planes," he said. "In the face of Omicron, children under five who still cannot be vaccinated....and that we still allow unvaccinated people on planes." He said it was "immoral" to take the position that people on planes could be forced to sit next to unvaccinated people who are not wearing masks.

As a medical professional working the frontlines of this pandemic, I’d like to remind you that a HEPA filter helps you 0% from a direct exposure. The child or immunocompromized person or stupid anti-vax moron who sits next to an asymptomatic infected person can still catch the disease just as easily in a plane as anywhere else, perhaps even moreso due to extreme proximity thanks to tight seating.

• Options
    HydropoloHydropolo Registered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »
    Gilgaron wrote: »
    daveNYC wrote: »
    Forar wrote: »
    Well, hopefully.

I mean, if it’s (simple math to make my point), twice as infectious but half as deadly, wouldn’t we likely end up in a ballpark of ‘fewer dead people based on infections, but basically the same overall number of fatalities?”

With the caveat that of course life doesn’t work like this perfectly spherical frictionless cow take.

If nothing else, even if it’s less dangerous to an average individual, if it’s more easily transmitted that would presumably increase the odds of vulnerable people catching it (through a chance encounter or it making its way into clusters of vulnerable people, such as long term care facilities for the elderly).

I’m just spitballing here. As always I’ll wait for the actual scientists to weigh in with proper studies.

I’m just reflexively wary of “more transmissible but less deadly”, even if that has been an expected path for some time now (and not an unheard of experience with other diseases).

Plus this thing is named Omicron, which is the exact sort of name the hack writers who have been in control of our reality since at least 2020 would come up with as the thing that causes zombies or something.

Did they really think this "naming variants after Greek letters" thing, because Greek letters are always used as a shorthand for danger in fiction.

It gets drilled into you in school when you have to toss out random identifiers. When I was tearing out some baseboard and wanted to put it all back in the same place, I started in a corner and labelled the joints alpha, beta, gamma, delta... its like naming computer systems after the Greek pantheon.

My girlfriend's bird is named Delta (more for the operator than anything) but getting him moved across international borders this fall was a fun exercise in "NEVER SAY THE BIRD'S ACTUAL NAME"

Imagine how happy Delta Burke will be if/when Omicron takes over.

• Options
    GilgaronGilgaron Registered User regular
    You mean this while time I just needed to lug one of my furnace filters around?

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular

The weekly interactions I have with the other scientists complaining about the smell of my fermentation work while not understanding the differences between Biological Safety Cabinets and chemical Fume Hoods is eye opening.

Non-science folks never stood a chance

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular

We call those masks.

• Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    I would like to provide an update on my booster from yesterday, and describe all the reactions I had today in ludicrous detail:

Arm has an owie.

That is all. I went to work today.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Does 3 months mean 4 boosters a year? (Practically you'd be looking at 3, since most don't get theirs on the dot).

• Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    So, Health Minister had some updates:
    • First off, we are getting Pfizier shots for kids age 5 to 11 in January. Woo!
    • Second, a reminder that making fake registers on the National Database is a criminal offense, and there's an ongoing audit with the relevant authorities, the Comptroller General and the Attorney General's Office.
    • Third, turns out that the mandate did increased the vaccination rate.

Last point is relevant because:
    k3tlcvkf731l.png
    To put that on context, vaccines were only open to most of the population in Peru on the second half of the year.

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    I have my booster scheduled for next week. I'll have stopped taking my antibiotics by then, though taking them shouldn't be a problem in the first place AFAIK

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited December 2021
    So our BC Health minister is having a news conference to announce, nothing, it seems? Jesus goosing Christ.

I mean, this isn't great:

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2021
    As a former , born an raised Indiana resident, that now resides in Washington State, I feel for the Midwestern and Southern Penny Arcade Forum members and their friend and family going through this hellscape.

Ticaldfjam on
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Ticaldfjam wrote: »
    As a former , born an raised Indiana resident, that now resides in Washington State, I feel for the Midwestern and Southern Penny Arcade Forum members and their friend and family going through this hellscape.
    I spent most of my life in Indiana, but I'm now in the Bay Area California. One of my friends is an ICU nurse back in Indiana, and she's just TIRED. All the time. Another one of my friend's father last month from post-COVID-19 complications (the COVID-19 didn't kill him, but his health took a nosedive after that and the complications afterwards did kill him). They are worried all the time, and no one is masking, and ugh...

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    Ticaldfjam wrote: »

We were warned:

5kp677wbb527.png

moniker on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
  • Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    Anyway, we're hitting a bit over two weeks since the Omicron outbreak started in South Africa. How are the hospitalizations looking?

FGsDB4FXsAIAnKL?format=jpg&name=small

Yep, that's bad, and right on schedule for the slower non-Delta variants. I will keep the masks on.

• Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    Atomika wrote: »
    Today’s reminder that the capitalist class is perfectly happy to murder you and your loved ones if it might make them more money:

CEOs from American Airlines and Southwest Airlines testified in Congress today their opinions mask mandates for travel should be removed because “most of our planes have HEPA filters.”

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/15/business/airline-ceos-question-masks-on-plane-rule/index.html

"I think the case is very strong that masks don't add much, if anything, in the air cabin environment. It is very safe and very high quality compared to any other indoor setting," said Kelly.

Both Kelly and Parker, who each have announced plans to retire as CEOs in the coming months, mentioned that high-grade HEPA air filters on planes capture virtually all airborne contamination and air quality is helped by how frequently cabin air is exchanged with fresh air from outside the cabin.

"I concur. An aircraft is the safest place you can be," said Parker. "It's true of all of our aircraft — they all have the same HEPA filters and air flow."

However, Sara Nelson, the president of the Association of Flight Attendants, testified at the hearing that not all aircraft are equipped with the same quality of air filters. For example, some older planes do not have HEPA filters, she said.
    The mask requirement is still a source of controversy. Much of the steep rise of in incidents involving unruly passengers over the last two years have revolved around passengers being ordered to wear masks.

"I think that is probably for the medical community to decide rather than me," Nelson added. "What I will add is that the studies that have been done [on masks]....were done with mannequins that were sitting straight forward with masks on, not removing them, not eating."

"It is important to recognize that the safe, controlled environment on planes...includes the HEPA filters that are not on all aircraft," she concluded.

Masks on planes are required by the federal government, following the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control. The DOT did not immediately respond to a request for comment on the testimony.

The remarks by Kelly and Parker were criticized by one committee member, Sen. Ed Markey, a Massachusetts Democrat.

"I'm shocked that some of the CEOs here today have suggested we no longer need masks mandates on planes," he said. "In the face of Omicron, children under five who still cannot be vaccinated....and that we still allow unvaccinated people on planes." He said it was "immoral" to take the position that people on planes could be forced to sit next to unvaccinated people who are not wearing masks.

As a medical professional working the frontlines of this pandemic, I’d like to remind you that a HEPA filter helps you 0% from a direct exposure. The child or immunocompromized person or stupid anti-vax moron who sits next to an asymptomatic infected person can still catch the disease just as easily in a plane as anywhere else, perhaps even moreso due to extreme proximity thanks to tight seating.

I posted a thing in the parties thread how the reason we got the vaccine was because COVID threatened to fuck with the money for a lot of folks, so a fire got lit under a lot of rich asses to get a vaccine out in record time to get people jabbed and, in their thinking, back to work as normal as quick as possible.

Incidentally, it turns out every other step we need to eradicate COVID like we did for Smallpox and Polio also fucks with the money, so they would very much like to not do these things, despite the necessity.

[mask mandates mean you have unruly, anti-mask, anti-vax people either flipping out once boarded and prompted to mask up, or even worse, refusing to fly at all; as a result, they fear that mask mandates fucks with the money, so they’ll fight it tooth and nail rather than risk alienating a revenue source, public health needs re: masking to reduce spread of SARS-CoV-2 out of your spew holes be damned]

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    Lanz wrote: »

I posted a thing in the parties thread how the reason we got the vaccine was because COVID threatened to fuck with the money for a lot of folks, so a fire got lit under a lot of rich asses to get a vaccine out in record time to get people jabbed and, in their thinking, back to work as normal as quick as possible.

Incidentally, it turns out every other step we need to eradicate COVID like we did for Smallpox and Polio also fucks with the money, so they would very much like to not do these things, despite the necessity.

[mask mandates mean you have unruly, anti-mask, anti-vax people either flipping out once boarded and prompted to mask up, or even worse, refusing to fly at all; as a result, they fear that mask mandates fucks with the money, so they’ll fight it tooth and nail rather than risk alienating a revenue source, public health needs re: masking to reduce spread of SARS-CoV-2 out of your spew holes be damned]

We haven't eradicated Polio yet. Though at this point it's mostly just in the Khyber Pass. Hopefully the infrastructure to combat COVID will help get those last inches.

Give Rotarians some money to help with it.
    https://polioeradication.org/who-we-are/

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Mayabird wrote: »
    Anyway, we're hitting a bit over two weeks since the Omicron outbreak started in South Africa. How are the hospitalizations looking?

Yep, that's bad, and right on schedule for the slower non-Delta variants. I will keep the masks on.

The thing with exponential growth is that even if Omicron has a lethality a tenth of Delta just a r-value twice as high would completely wipe out any benefits from being less lethal within weeks.

• Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    Two people I know tested positive for Covid yesterday. Both were vaxxed up, but were't eligible for the booster yet. Don't know the exact flavor of Covid, but Delta or Omicron almost guaranteed. Running my gut's statistical analysis program on these two points of anecdata does not give me the warm fuzzies. 16k new cases yesterday and we're on the downswing of the latest wave. This is in the Czech Republic.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    moniker wrote: »
    Lanz wrote: »

We haven't eradicated Polio yet. Though at this point it's mostly just in the Khyber Pass. Hopefully the infrastructure to combat COVID will help get those last inches.

Give Rotarians some money to help with it.
    https://polioeradication.org/who-we-are/

Not to be a downer. But we won’t eradicate Covid. It’s a highly contagious respiratory virus with a long incubation period, and there are animal reservoirs. Best case scenario is likely that we get the virus under control with vaccines, masks, and antivirals until eventually it becomes a seasonal illness.

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    The pandemic has struck home too me how unusual the smallpox vaccine was in being able to completely eliminate the disease. I always assumed it was always possible to completely eliminate any disease with vaccines, but clearly for some that's not possible.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    “Most airplanes have HEPA filters” is not a ringing endorsement for forgoing masks.

Maybe they can charge more for “no mask” flights.

• Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    Mayabird wrote: »

For SA as a whole you can see weekly hospitalisation data here:
    https://www.nicd.ac.za/diseases-a-z-index/disease-index-covid-19/surveillance-reports/daily-hospital-surveillance-datcov-report/
    (You can also slice it by province but you can't do it for historical data so less useful to analyse)

The week on week increase in hospitalisations over the last few weeks has been
    Week 46: +24%
    Week 47: +98%
    Week 48: +178%!!
    Week 49: +83%
    Week 50 (My projection based on incomplete data): +25%

This suggests it has peaked in Gauteng but we still have to see it fully take hold in the rest of the country. Given how fast this takes hold we could well see separate waves as it moves around the country. The question, upon which hinges how fucked we are) is how quickly it now subisdes in Gauteng. Does it fall as fast as it came or does it hang around at very high levels?

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    TzelTzel Registered User regular
    Ugh it finally happened - my kid tested positive last night. Almost definitely got it from his daycare, where an older child tested positive last Friday, and then increasing amounts of staff and children were out Monday/Tuesday. Thankfully, he is currently asymptomatic, and my wife and I (both double vaxxed and got boosted the week before US thanksgiving) tested negative. Hopefully everyone remains that way.

We had tested ourselves because my birthday is coming up and we were going to have a small get together with other vaccinated friends. That is now canceled, and we will be quarantining at home for 10 days. Honestly, the most annoying part is that we were looking forward to the week where he was in school, but we had off work, so we could relax a few days just by ourselves. But also, fuck the anti-Vax, anti-any reasonable disease control measure folks (that venn diagram is always a circle) who have prolonged this to the point where it finally got to my kid.

• Options
    TetraNitroCubaneTetraNitroCubane The Djinnerator At the bottom of a bottleRegistered User regular
    edited December 2021
    The narrative on Omicron certainly seems to be catching up after an optimistic lag time. The WHO are saying to brace for severe disease cases associated with Omicron
    The World Health Organization on Wednesday cautioned against treating the Covid omicron variant as a mild strain, warning that the virus will also cause severe illness.

"We know that people infected with omicron can have the full spectrum of disease, from asymptomatic infection to mild disease, all the way to severe disease to death," Maria Van Kerkhove, the WHO's Covid-19 technical lead, told the public during a question-and-answer session.

The WHO warned on Tuesday that omicron is spreading faster than any previous variant. Van Kerkhove said Wednesday that increased transmission will result in more hospitalizations that burden health-care systems, some of which will fail.
    "If you have 100,000 cases today, it's 200,000 cases in two days time, but then its 400,000 two days later, and then it's 800,000 two days later," Ryan said. Over the course of a week, "the actual number of cases can increase eight or tenfold and that's what we're concerned about."

Omicron seems to be spreading faster than anticipated. I'm still trying to find a solid report that includes an accurate R0 number, but I'm seeing anything from 3-5.

TetraNitroCubane on
  • Options
    The pandemic has struck home too me how unusual the smallpox vaccine was in being able to completely eliminate the disease. I always assumed it was always possible to completely eliminate any disease with vaccines, but clearly for some that's not possible.

It's somewhat unusual for a virus to solely target humans rather than just anything. Smallpox could be eradicated because it doesn't infect bats and deer and all the rest, like a coronavirus does. Polio is similar and will hopefully be eradicated this decade. There are some others that might be able to manage, but most diseases are ones we will be stuck living and dying with.

• Options
    TzelTzel Registered User regular
    Tzel wrote: »
    Ugh it finally happened - my kid tested positive last night. Almost definitely got it from his daycare, where an older child tested positive last Friday, and then increasing amounts of staff and children were out Monday/Tuesday. Thankfully, he is currently asymptomatic, and my wife and I (both double vaxxed and got boosted the week before US thanksgiving) tested negative. Hopefully everyone remains that way.

We had tested ourselves because my birthday is coming up and we were going to have a small get together with other vaccinated friends. That is now canceled, and we will be quarantining at home for 10 days. Honestly, the most annoying part is that we were looking forward to the week where he was in school, but we had off work, so we could relax a few days just by ourselves. But also, fuck the anti-Vax, anti-any reasonable disease control measure folks (that venn diagram is always a circle) who have prolonged this to the point where it finally got to my kid.

And my wife’s parents have now also tested positive. Fuck. We saw them in-person on Saturday. So it’s possible they got it from him or he got it from them. They’re currently asymptomatic and we’re hoping it stays that way because they’re both in their 70s.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    And small area hits in ways. Tribal leadership voted to dissolve our emergency group again whose sole purpose is to trace, track and remediate covid cases on the reservation. But thankfully at least they passed the budget and responsibility to our health department rather than fully dissolve the policy. Last time they did this it didnt last too long as it was right before delta. With delta known. And they just did it again. With Omicron known.

• Options
    Told my wife she should get her booster sometime this weekend since all 3 of our kids will be staying at someone else's house. She got her Moderna shots back in February. Her response was "we'll see". I asked her if she doesn't trust it or what? And she replied with "I don't want to get sick right before Christmas". Which is like... The most selfish take I've ever heard her say. So she's rather put ME at risk (who has severe asthma and every time I get a cold I'm basically a zombie for a month) and her father at risk (who has had 2 heart transplants) because she doesn't want to get sick for a couple of hours? Like what the fuck?

I swear Facebook has been shoving misinformation at her. In February she lined up to get the vaccine and was super optimistic about getting it. Now I had to fight her to get the kids vaccinated and now her. Note that she is an Office Manager at a dermatologists office with a degree in Biomedical Engineering.

• Options
    CelestialBadgerCelestialBadger Registered User regular
    Don't get angry at your wife, it sounds like she's just on too much social media.

But logically, it would be best to get the jab now so she can be recovered by Christmas. There's like, one day of feeling lousy, at worst.

• Options
    Don't get angry at your wife, it sounds like she's just on too much social media.

But logically, it would be best to get the jab now so she can be recovered by Christmas. There's like, one day of feeling lousy, at worst.

I'm really trying. I promise. And the side effects of the booster are at worst 24 hours. Which is exactly why I said she should do it sometime this weekend. Perfect time to not have to worry about dealing with the kiddos.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Your da in law has two hearts? Bloke might regenerate if you cough on him wrong.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Your da in law has two hearts? Bloke might regenerate if you cough on him wrong.

Gotta have 2 hearts for all those gainz.

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Anti-vaxxers stage sit-in at a Queens Cheesecake Factory, six arrested.

Boy oh boy, I’m tired of these chucklefucks. Kind of amusing that eating at a Cheesecake Factory was this particular group’s hill to die on, though.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    So Medsafe, or version of the FDA has given provisional approval for the Pfizer vaccine for those 5-11.

Yay!

Still subject to Cabinet approval, and since they've all gone home for the holiday break, might not happen until early January.

So hoping I can get the kid hey shots in January, before she starts school in February.

And then before I get on a plane to head to the US in March......

• Options
    mRahmanimRahmani DetroitRegistered User regular
    Got some variant of it two weeks ago, along with everybody working in the immediate environment with me. Bunch of assholes say science is fake and now I can’t taste food.

Pretty salty about it but I’m doing fine. Moderate fever for two days and then about two weeks of lingering cough which is mostly gone.

• Options
    AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular

Just as a follow up on this, because I remembered it from the before time, but here in NZ , there was actually low enough spread that this (transmission on a plane) was specifically studied - admittedly, pre vaccination being widely available, but it was interesting how they were able to establish that Case A infected Case C, and so on - news article was here:

https://www.newsroom.co.nz/how-covid-19-spread-on-a-flight-to-nz

n57PM0C.jpg
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Well a (pregnant!) family member and her husband both just tested positive (neither vaccinated, her doctor allegedly told her not to when she was trying to get pregnant and the husband is straight up anti-vax). They were both in my parent’s home earlier in the week so now I am trying to convince them to get tested (parents are both vaxxed and boosted).

I was going to go to my parents’ house this weekend and stay through Christmas. Now I’m wondering if I should wait until mid-next week, require a negative test, or forego going completely.

This is the closest it has hit to home for me, which is kinda amazing this far into the pandemic I suppose. Fuck COViD and fuck anyone who isn’t vaccinated that is able.

This discussion has been closed.