As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Secret Satans 2021 - PERFECT GIFTING COMPLETED!

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    My photos are too large to post... I must away and again leave satan in suspense!

to the photo shop!

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Yeah, it's super frustrating that phones don't ship with photo software to easily resize images. Like, I know you can take photos with a billion megapixels, but with all the filters and adjustments and cropping you let me do, why not a way to make it small enough to actually post option. I usually just upload to my computer and use mspaint resize optin. My old phone I found an app, but iirc it got weird or cruddy or something.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    Alright so, I actually dressed up on Friday and have content about the other two Satans packages

First, the actual first package: a few things from La Femme En Noir, a goth neo-noir style fashion line that fucking rules.

I am particularly attached to this skirt as it reminds me of a dress I had in my youth for Irish Dancing competitions, that had these gorgeously hand-embroidered and gem snakes on it. (I didn't love it at the time because classes were the same time as new episodes of DBZ, but damn if it isn't a useful skill for when they play Maritime folk music at weddings...)

Also included was this snake belt and spider gemstone brooch, which are both fucking gorgeous

Also, surprise!! I was also wearing the stuff from the second box, which is the whole damn collection from Colorpop's Sailor Moon crossover

The blush and eyeshadow have little holographic covers that are super cute, the colours... pop, from the eyeshadow and blush kit, and there's even a little gel glitter in the shapes of the transformation stars

And actually wearing the things:

It's a great collection of neutrals which I only recently realized I had very little of, but also has a lot of options for going brighter, too!

Thanks so much for these intensely generous gifts kadith !!! I'm very excited to keep playing with these fresh looks!

yessssss
    but i assume you put all three packages to use at once and just forgot to snap a photo while you were 3d printing the glow in the dark light cycle.

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Kadith wrote: »
    Cello wrote: »
    Alright so, I actually dressed up on Friday and have content about the other two Satans packages

First, the actual first package: a few things from La Femme En Noir, a goth neo-noir style fashion line that fucking rules.

I am particularly attached to this skirt as it reminds me of a dress I had in my youth for Irish Dancing competitions, that had these gorgeously hand-embroidered and gem snakes on it. (I didn't love it at the time because classes were the same time as new episodes of DBZ, but damn if it isn't a useful skill for when they play Maritime folk music at weddings...)

Also included was this snake belt and spider gemstone brooch, which are both fucking gorgeous

Also, surprise!! I was also wearing the stuff from the second box, which is the whole damn collection from Colorpop's Sailor Moon crossover

The blush and eyeshadow have little holographic covers that are super cute, the colours... pop, from the eyeshadow and blush kit, and there's even a little gel glitter in the shapes of the transformation stars

And actually wearing the things:

It's a great collection of neutrals which I only recently realized I had very little of, but also has a lot of options for going brighter, too!

Thanks so much for these intensely generous gifts kadith !!! I'm very excited to keep playing with these fresh looks!

yessssss
    but i assume you put all three packages to use at once and just forgot to snap a photo while you were 3d printing the glow in the dark light cycle.

look

When you're right, you're right

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2021
    Yeah, it's super frustrating that phones don't ship with photo software to easily resize images. Like, I know you can take photos with a billion megapixels, but with all the filters and adjustments and cropping you let me do, why not a way to make it small enough to actually post option. I usually just upload to my computer and use mspaint resize optin. My old phone I found an app, but iirc it got weird or cruddy or something.

I find that I can usually get away with posting an image from my iPhone here using the size option. For reference:

Small:
    vft9pgz452an.jpeg

Medium:
    x2yredyuwohl.jpeg

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular

My phone's image gallery lets you crop and resize images very easily

• Options
    CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    My apologies for not posting sooner. I feel awful not getting to it right away but I was unsure whether a package was something I’d bought or not due to my prolific shopping the past week. But last night while I was cleaning the table of gifts off I realized the from address was not something I recognized or had purchased.

Upon opening the package I was greeted with…

MYSTICAL HORSES!
    cvowfis0krxa.jpeg

What a beautiful print! I love it! It’s going right up in my office as soon as I get a frame worthy of it.

But that’s not all there were also…

BABY PEGASUSES… (PEGASI?)
    hkucwurxriev.jpeg

I love them!

And finally a message from the dark lord!
    6b0rqb94y9xr.jpeg

Thank you most benevolent Satan!

Hey, I recognize that artist! It's PA forum alumni and current Microsoft Surface commercial star Beavotron herself! LUCKY!

Cristoval on
  • Options
    ok I swear i'm not joking at this point I was literally adding all the photos and ANOTHER box just showed up...

I just need more time

• Options
    ok I swear i'm not joking at this point I was literally adding all the photos and ANOTHER box just showed up...

I just need more time

please go faster

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular

I just need more time

As someone who regularly takes three days to stage and write my posts for this thing, I feel your pain

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    @Cello and @Kadith , that is an amazing skirt!

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    @Cello and @Kadith , that is an amazing skirt!

Yeah!! I forgot to mention it is also a crazy thick wool, like, 1/4 inch of material, so it is perfect for when I want to be stylish in -30 degree weather or whatnot

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    ok, so, this took a couple stages more than I expected but I have received not one but TWO boxes of gifting!

Both times I attempted to convince cats to come check them out and both times I failed - literally to the level of pointing a box at one of the cats caused it to run away growling. So uh, unsafe boxes had to be opened without inspection.

Adeline finally comes over once we have opened the first box
    fa6d76k7m7v4.jpg
    wlzey1c4nuxd.jpg
    b13xeaxqh9vu.jpg
    KITTIES, From #pipe
    Kitties! Buncha toys. for the new kitties! We have those! and they need more toys! They're starting to wise up to our laser pointer. Sorry they're currently being too scared for christmasing. Possibly because we've had to give them ointment and eardrops the last couple of weeks. We brought them home from the shelter about a month ago now, and they are generally sweet loving evil tabby sisters

lg4f0ufhc1ob.jpg
    A Frypan! I have this exact Lodge pan and it's a real workhorse. I strongly suggest making cornbread in it. From #pipe.
    Cast Iron pan! for reference I just started working a real job for the first time since before the pandemic and resolved to finally replace all of my kitchen stuff, a mix of college, secondhand, and free to a good home cookware we've amassed over the years and spent a bit of time around black friday trying to understand what all the different pieces and needs ever were. This fits perfectly with the pieces I chose to buy then. And as I understand it I must now start rubbing it with oil and if I stop it will become displeased. I've never actually made cornbread but I'm interested in the suggestion and I'm gonna look up what we'd need to do!

Also nona finally comes over to see the open box
    ijad0fbfxaz9.jpg

Box Two has been presented to Nona and she is not a fan of this assault on her personal space. She ran as soon as i lifted the box back up.
    67a1jkqk47qy.jpg
    Inside is several things
    It's Books!

hpbt97khfmnl.jpg
    Three body problem. I didn't really like this one, but my wife loved it, and i do think it's worth a read. The other two books in this trilogy are HELLA DARK, though. Brace yourself if you try to tackle them. From #pipe
    This has definitely been on the radar, and I think the only reason I haven't jumped on it is because 2021 was the year of me not reading things written by dudes (as a penance for most of the years of my life being years of reading only things written by dudes. Lit curation and recommendations have a lot to answer for). I've heard it's been divisive so it's funny that it's even divided your home.

akx427zc6n73.jpg
    Parable of the Sower. I applaud your goal to read more diverse fiction! Fun fact: MY son's middle name is Butler after Octavia - her work is incredible. My wife recommends you try the Xenogenesis series after this. From #pipe
    Speaking of! This is big for me. I've heard nothing but praise ever for Butler across all of her different books and didn't know where to start. For Christmas last year I actually got the Graphic Novel adaptation of this book and it was great - kinda brutal and challenging but so worth it. Maybe a weird order to read them in but I'm not going to worry about that.

wnx09i5f4k2d.jpg
    Emily Carr! British Columbia's most beloved local artist, her story is really interesting. Everyone thought her paintings were just ok, until she started painting the landscapes and First Nations culture of BC. From #pipe
    This is cool. I had not heard of her, and I presume the "local" callout means this is your part of the world. It's funny, I had kind of the same reaction you described. the first few pages are some pleasant sketches and one of the early paintings drew me in, but then it gets into her First Nations art and it's kind of amazing. here's a sneak peak at home
    yjy5a9e28n8f.jpg

zt3w7w2btjs7.jpg
    Ramune candy! I hope this is the 懐かし that you're chasing! From #pipe
    The reference here is that I lived in Japan for several years as a kid so I always have a callout for things to remind me of that. These things are, just wow they are sour. I put one in my mouth and before I had a conscious reaction I noticed that my jaw had clenched. I gave my partner one and she swore a little. these are great, I love it.

And one more for the Haul.
    bz576rrbq7mj.jpg

And of course thank you to @#pipe for the wonderful gifts and an appropriate level of internet stalking!

• Options
    edited December 2021
    Hurray!
    I usually write a big letter but chose to just go direct from amazon with the international shipping unpleasantness this year.

Yes, I live in Vancouver, BC so Emily Carr is a big deal around here (the big art college in town is called Emily Carr University). And I am also a graphic designer, but I kind of AM the "ampersands are cool" kind (I have an ampersand tattoo) so I figured I'd steer clear of that!

I genuinely hope you enjoy.

Edit: Here's the cornbread recipe I use. Make sure the pan is hot when you put the batter in!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1lsTLs-iZg

#pipe on
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Oh it's also great for dutch baby pancakes!

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    I was expecting a nice basket of snacks as a Christmas gift from my work since it's my first year and my boss is kind of a cheapskate

And today I got a nice basket of snacks

And also a very nice bottle of wine

And also a three hundred dollar bonus.

It might not seem like much to some of you, but it's the biggest bonus I've ever got and will help pay for the season a lot.

I didn't know where else to post this! Hurray!

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    There's a box on the front doorstep.
    I suspect it's for the same person as the postcard, the one that came to me by mistake and has occupied my thoughts ever since.

bo7gax39e6q9.jpg

I know it can't be for me, there's nobody who would send it to me, but I have to know. Maybe it's unrelated, maybe I'm making something out of nothing, but I've been sitting here, up by the front window, keeping an eye on it, and I simply have to know.

5vffm9pam3vz.jpg

I figure if nobody's going to pick it up right away, I should be able to just... gently open it. Both sets of upstairs neighbors have walked by it and barely even seemed to notice it. I thought one of them bent down to pick it up, but it turns out there was simply another package sitting next to it. Anyways, I'm not going to take anything, I'm not a mail thief, I just want answers - I'll open it up and then reseal it and return it to the porch. Who is going to notice an extra layer of packing tape?

ca04oth8bqjf.jpg

There's a letter inside. It's not addressed to me, but it's not addressed to anyone.

ov09t2gszbhp.jpg

I don't think it's for me, I mean, it couldn't be, that doesn't make any sense. I'm the one who received the postcard, but the postcard was clearly a mistake. Far from the first piece of mail I've gotten intended for someone else, that's just something you get used to when you move apartments every couple of years.

Beneath the letter, as promised, were some other things.

yepn33djsc21.jpg

Coffee, hot sauce, some home baked cookies. I'm beginning to think this really is nothing. I'm sure that letter would make more sense to the person it was sent to, and this is clearly just a care package - a few nice things for the holidays, why not? Whoever lived here before didn't tell their third cousin that they had moved and it got sent to me by mistake. Maybe if I put it back out on the porch I'll see someone quickly hop out of a car to grab it in a couple of days.

But then I saw the final parcel, tightly wrapped.

1xqfsa4jl8u9.jpg

A few pictures, and then some historical materials - meat tokens and a rationing book, both from Canada. Second World War, I'd presume, unless there a bunch of Canadian wars that I missed in my education.

vyhs22ooww2q.jpg

I must admit, I don't see entirely how these things connect to the postcard that I received. The cave was in Italy, a decade and a half earlier (I've been doing a little bit of research in my spare time) - the photos appear to be from the same location, they must be connected to that, but I'm not seeing anything in the ration book that connects to the cave directly. Perhaps I'm missing something. I'll need to keep looking.

g2kptrt01xsq.jpg

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Delahanty is a helluva name.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Not much homie. Delahanty with you?

• Options
    On second read-through I AM going to have to hear how "chocolate and chum" tastes as a coffee

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    hi i just stumbled home drunk and ive got 3 amazon parcels here and theyre from satan

• Options
    jesus they're all individually wrapped?!?

• Options
    edited December 2021
    im sorry im drink and exhausted and tomorrow evening is my office christmas party so im also going to be drunk and exhausted then but my mad bastard of a satan sent messages with each of these gifts

5d9sxw47543c.jpg
    cnj2a9byrg5p.jpg

EACH FUCKING INDIVIDUALLY WRAPPED AND WITH INDIVIDUAL GIFT NOTES

4ir4sam2b1s5.jpg

THANK U

i love them

this is so so nice. perfect colours. great stuff that i have not really found near me in pharmacies etc. i will have a look closer when i finally go on holiday on friday

thank you so much

edit: ah fuck the photos arent in order

edit2: oh my fucking god i absolutely love this lipstck/gloss

absolutely perfect

Lalabox on
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    do the lipgloss be poppin

do the boys be stoppin

• Options
    On second read-through I AM going to have to hear how "chocolate and chum" tastes as a coffee

I haven't opened it yet but it smells good already, so I'm looking forward to it.

• Options
    JimBobtheMonkeyJimBobtheMonkey Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    *Redacted*

JimBobtheMonkey on
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2021
    roger that

Brolo on
  • Options
    CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    Fuckin' gettem!

• Options
    (hey Satan, I got another package from you today but I'm not going to be able to open it/write up a post until next week because my mom's in town)

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Cristoval wrote: »
    Fuckin' gettem!

Rend their flesh!

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    edited December 2021
    If anyone needs some last minute ideas for their Satan:

Only like 127 bucks after shipping to the US.

Lasbrook on
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Satan, looks like your first gift should be in this week? I will then follow up with a second, more digital, quicker moving gift, because shipping is awful these days.

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    ovr1hlkzij2i.gif

Aw shit Satans, we got some gifts!

Thank you @Lost Salient!

q4x9pq37pge8.jpg

55duvla4n4xn.jpg
    Lesbian Necromancers explore a haunted gothic palace in space!
    Fuck. Yes. I've never seen a book premise I wanted to devour even more.

u7n7j2b09gr5.jpg

This looks and sounds so god damn cool, I am so excited to get into these.

But that's not all!

vqj7l30gy1px.jpg

The complete MURDERBOT DIARIES

I hadn't heard of any of these, and I am so psyched for them, thank you <3<3

Psykoma on
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    You're in for a blast with Locked Tomb. We have a thread for it here (there's a lot of spoilers and it isn't currently very active).

• Options
    Those are definitely the most fun two book series that I have read in the last year! I hope you enjoy them! Haha I wanted to make sure I got them from a local shop and I ended up needing to call them in person to relay the payment information. But they were super nice and friendly so hopefully it's a cool store in real life too.

There's also a package incoming from here! Who knows when it will show up there though.

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    Oh also there's more Murderbot - I just got you the first four novellas but there are two more novellas and one full-length novel.

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    Cross posted from G&T Secret Santas
    see317 wrote: »
    I have been counter Santa'd (o Satan'd).
    3qbpm3gnk1ks.jpg

An unfamiliar box, with very familiar words.
    vrcyb5icheah.jpg

And delightfully wrapped treats!
    b0w64p5fs8yx.jpg

Thanks @Noggin . I haven't had Shriver's before, but they've been highly recommended to me.
    A quick sample confirms this is high quality taffy. New years resolutions don't start until the new year.

see317 on
  • Options
    wtf Noggin how is your handwriting so nice

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Haha that’s not my writing; they apparently have pretty good gift-wrap game though!

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    oh hey murderbot has a box set now. I was having an annoying time trying to hunt down the right things and - I know this is complete nonsense - but because the first set are all novellas my brain felt like I wasn't getting my full value if I special ordered "just" a novelA

This discussion has been closed.