As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Secret Satans 2021 - PERFECT GIFTING COMPLETED!

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    The only one you can't get in a nice hardback edition rn is 'Home: Habitat, Range, Niche, Territory"

Which is cool

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    also tonight i cooked with my new pan and it was all good and then I had to google cleaning instructions real quick and it was all good.

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    A wild package appeared!
    jxTTYP4h.jpg
    Inside was a gift!
    KQrTJTBh.jpg
    And some broken candy canes, which personally is ok because I'm not typically a fan of the traditional way to eat a candy cane so small chunks I can just pop in my mouth works fine. I'll be honest, from the shape of the box I already had a good suspicion what was inside, but there's only one way to find out so let's rip and tear until it is done.
    l0ktqKWh.jpg
    Dy65HfAh.jpg
    blSs550h.jpg
    A transformer! Cyclonus to be exact. The colors are very nice, a lot closer to the animation than my old one and the transformation is really fun. I love that because of it's transformation it has working wingflaps. for y'know. space air currents.
    Thanks @theoriginalz

• Proxy the ElfProxy the Elf Registered User regular
    Attention Meatbags:

Downloading Murderbot book series...Download complete!
    Unpacking novels....done!
    Converting contents to memory.....complete!
    ......interesting....

End of Line.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!
    Spreading Christmas cheer across the forums since 2009!
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Attention Meatbags:

......interesting....

End of Line.

Let us know your favourite episodes of The Rise and Fall of Sanctuary Moon, Proxy

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Attention Meatbags:

......interesting....

End of Line.

What the hell have you all done?!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    You're in for a blast with Locked Tomb. We have a thread for it here (there's a lot of spoilers and it isn't currently very active).

Personally, i think locked tomb is a bit over hyped. *ducks and runs for cover*

But Murderbot is real good and exactly the sort of smart bullshit i want out of my Scifi

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    !! SATAN HAS VISITED ME THIS NIGHT AND I AM VERY EXCITED !!

PICTURES TO COME SOON

• PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    I wanted to get my stuff sent out all at the same time, so that my target would get a 3-fronted Bull Formation attack… but that’s just not happening.

So now we’re going with Opener, Auto-Double, Linker, Shadow Ender; hits landing both before and after the holidays using a technique called “The Xmas Mixup”

Perrsun on
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I got visited by satan! at least I assume that's what this stands for

hztqp6vzfp97.jpg

gifts! each using an entire roll of wrapping paper!
    zkheacnf09or.jpg

excellent!! Cracker is my favorite band and though I can no longer wear their shirts in public, I will always love their music! and now aside from The Golden Age on vinyl, my catalog is complete!
    qdxa8w0uq5r5.jpg

Hail Satan!

• Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Crosspost from the G&T thread:

Woo, my Secret Santa [Satan] gift finally arrived! It came in some nice giftwrapping, too :D

And a note, from @Brolo !~
    82eY9da.png?1

My xxxmas is going quite excellently so far, thanks! :D And something about being useful when days get shorter? Sounds interesting!

t5qmyi5.png?1

A Philips SmartSleep light! Awesome! I've been waffling on getting one for basically a year or two now! They do a simulated sunrise type thing that makes waking up easier since it gives your body some warning to pull out of sleep instead of an abrupt alarm. My sleep hygiene is super bad and waking up at 5:50am is kinda rough for me, especially during the winter, so this should be super useful for me and hopefully make my mornings a bit less miserable! Can't wait to try it out! Thanks for the gift!

Stabbity_Style.png
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    !! SATAN HAS VISITED ME THIS NIGHT AND I AM VERY EXCITED !!

PICTURES TO COME SOON

So coming back from what was a particularly dreary day of work, I arrived to find MULTIPLE packages waiting for me!

And, to my delight, some of them were amazing gifts from the lovely LWT1973!

BIMPPPUl.jpg
    Simon Stålenhag's Things From the Flood!

Simon makes some amazing atmospheric concept art that's set in scandinavia and blends everyday life with far-flung sci-fi concepts in really moody, cool way. I've been following him for YEARS but this is the first work of his I actually own! I'm super excited to dig into this one, because it's more than just concept art, it also has a lot of story elements and worldbuilding background that flesh out the Flood.

XGL6dShl.jpg
    Well THIS little thing won't fit me at all! So I won't have much use for it until... mid February! And then this one:
    GMwOoNfl.jpg
    will have a little sibling! She's already playing a few basic games on the iPad, so I'm betting that in a little while we can get these two some mini-controllers, get a copy of Overcooked, and then have a family meltdown full of acrimony and screaming. It's super cute!

OVFw47Il.jpg
    And last up... a grenade! Actually a pair of grenades!

But not just any old grenades...

NERF GRENADES - you can load them up with Nerf Rival ammo and then lob them at people hiding behind bunkers - the "shrapnel" bounces all over the place so you're pretty much guaranteed a hit! It's the coolest new addition to my non-nerf-branded Nerf arsenal!

Thank you so much @lwt1973 ! You've made this Satansmas extra special!

• SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »

It's such a big roll of wrapping paper that I'm going to be using it for like twelve years. Enjoy the music!

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Alright, random human I was chosen to provide a gift to from a hat. I have procured some dark tidings and a "gift" for you, if you will. I don't know what kind of shipping I'm looking at for something this portentous and alarming, but I'm hoping it can arrive in time to ruin enrich Christmas.

edited December 2021
    My sunrise lamp is just all of these cats but I’m happy for you!

Also tonight I acquired the last piece of the puzzle replacing the item that was damaged on its way to me so I gotta get this package shipped

Edit: wait, nerf grenade? The hard plastic shell just drills someone in the face doesn’t it?

initiatefailure on
    Skeith wrote: »
    Xaquin wrote: »

It's such a big roll of wrapping paper that I'm going to be using it for like twelve years. Enjoy the music!

thank you =)

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Oh also I want you to know, Xaquin, that I saw a thing that would have been perfect for you, but yours is not the name that I was drawn.

But! Let me know if you want a like 3' tall wooden sculpture of a shiitake mushroom.

I appreciate the offer but will decline =)

• CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    Every year I get a mystery package and begin photographing and documenting it's opening only to discover it's something I ordered for myself months ago.

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Cristoval wrote: »
    Every year I get a mystery package and begin photographing and documenting it's opening only to discover it's something I ordered for myself months ago.

I've gotten very good at surreptitiously opening and resealing packages

Or for common box types just grabbing a second one that's lying around still sealed for other purposes and pretending

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Today I received a package with a threatening aura, I can onlyv assume Satan is responsible
    oes9mhiweq7p.jpg
    uupkhjyh50ky.jpg

It says it is from Dragon's Blood Elixir.So either this is hot sauce, or sometime sent me mystic potions. Or both!

Oh yeah, it's hot sauce
    wc3rdo1qgqjr.jpg

A lot of hot sauce!
    4shg2rmyls4p.jpg

12 bottles ranging from balsamic and cappuccino flavors to ones with skulls on the label, I think those are hot!
    lux21wunfn5v.jpg

Wow my sauce shelf will be stuffed with the good stuff for months now! Thank you Satan, I promise to put these to good use

• JimBobtheMonkeyJimBobtheMonkey Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    Holy shit. That last picture. I've never wanted something so badly in my entire life. I thought I was done buying stuff for a while, but I know what I'm doing the rest of the morning. HAIL SATAN!

-edit-
    Aaaand a 12-pack is headed my way now too. Finding new stuff to buy from this is nearly as fun as the actual sending/receiving gifts each year. Thank you Bucketman's Satan for the inspiration!

JimBobtheMonkey on
    All gifts sent off, it is up to the Fates now.

god damn it.

I don't have packing tape somehow. We had so many rolls when we moved in sept we must have used every last scrap.

... TOMORROW THEN!

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Crossposting from the G&T thread:

What’s this? A random box on my porch?

o25il0nsv1hw.jpeg

I better have my best people inspect it for traps..

ryrxvnx2qv2w.jpeg
    I guess it’s clean. Let’s peak inside…

c1p4ylic34jg.jpeg
    Cool, a back pain relief wheel. I’ve had back pain since my early 20s, so this is quite welcome. But who sent it?

63tb4arpyj5q.jpeg
    Ah, it was @Kyougu! Thank you so much for the gift. Although, I think I’m going to have to return it because this is the smaller 6” wheel which is for neck pain, not the 10” wheel for the back. No biggie though, the prices are virtually identical.

Thanks again for this thoughtful gift. It will be used!

Uh oh, it looks like Kyougu hit me again!

A mystery package arrives...
    2w2pu0k0xgcd.jpg

My safety inspector clears the package.
    0kjvc202vjtk.jpeg

Let's see what's inside...
    wze44cjw1f1g.jpeg

The art of the animated Castlevania series on Netflix! What a great show with fantastic art and design.

And here's the note:
    giq7vc0p27gw.jpeg

Thanks again Kyougu! You're too kind!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    Oh uh, so turns out there was a slight character error on the postal code I submitted in my address. It shouldn't fuck with anything because all other information is correct, but just in case you sent something to me and I haven't responded as received it, maybe that's why? Let an IMP know and I'll provide the corrected version if need be!

• jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Two (that I’ve seen) copies of that dope Castlevania art book. Very cool - that show is maybe the best video game to tv/movie translation ever. :)

camo_sig2.png
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    https://youtube.com/shorts/7wvbwa7fKPM?feature=share

Fake Ed: Huh. Guess YouTube shorts don’t embed. I’ll have to fix that later.

jclast wrote: »
    Two (that I’ve seen) copies of that dope Castlevania art book. Very cool - that show is maybe the best video game to tv/movie translation ever. :)

Ngl I considered quickly grabbing a copy of that too once I found out it existed here but I figured my package was delayed enough by waiting to replace a broken bit

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Dear Satan,

Some packages have arrived and are in good hands! They will be opened once I get back to town. I’m so excited!

• QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    Depression is a bitch ya'll. But I'm proud to say I managed to get my shit together enough to ship off all my gifts! So Satanee, you should expect them sometime next week! =D

6rceun58332p.png
  • LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    soooo

i got another package on friday, with another eyeliner pen. The amazon packaging is kinda funny bc it's these huge boxes for just a single pen. but still

so, of all the eyeliner pens, i have been sent: striking navy, rich berry, rich clay, deep onyx, deep teal and bold brown.

A friend came round on saturday and helped me do my makeup for going out and we used them and they were fab

I really, really love the lipstick. It's just an absolutely perfect colour and it's really really wondeful

thank you again

edited December 2021
    Hell yeah, my secret Satan aka @Bucketman sent me a copy of Beat Saber!!

Now I can work off the Christmas calories in the Zucker-verse!! Enjoy your reality, suckers!.

Thank you!

Cristoval on
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Ha no problem! There is a physical package, with emphasis on the package, on its way, but it the Canadian Post says 3-7 business days, so maybe before Christmas but maybe not, so figured the digital gift would play it safe.

Years of conditioning had me .24 seconds from sending a message to a coworker I was advising on a security issue to "enjoy their Secret Satan" today

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    @Brolo

RL has been very very busy and Amazon said they'd be all delivered on the 24th but I guess they came in early which is good. I'm glad each and every one made it there safely and that the grenades will have a large kill count. I saw the onesie and I knew I had to get it for you as it's so freaking cute. The book was on your wishlist and looked interesting so I pulled the trigger on that.

Merry Christmas to your family!

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Ladybug2332Ladybug2332 Registered User regular
    Lalabox wrote: »
    soooo

i got another package on friday, with another eyeliner pen. The amazon packaging is kinda funny bc it's these huge boxes for just a single pen. but still

so, of all the eyeliner pens, i have been sent: striking navy, rich berry, rich clay, deep onyx, deep teal and bold brown.

A friend came round on saturday and helped me do my makeup for going out and we used them and they were fab

I really, really love the lipstick. It's just an absolutely perfect colour and it's really really wondeful

thank you again

I am glad you like them so much! That lipstick, honestly all the lipsticks that company makes, are AMAZING! I had one from them called “Frog prince” I wanted to get you but I guess they don’t make it anymore? It is green but changes to a beautiful light pink/rose color.

I debated long and hard on what to gift you. I’m not very creative but am always up for helping another beautiful soul feel as beautiful on the outside as they are on the inside.

There is one more coming but won’t be there until January so don’t be confused when you randomly get another box 😂

soooo

thank you again

I am glad you like them so much! That lipstick, honestly all the lipsticks that company makes, are AMAZING! I had one from them called “Frog prince” I wanted to get you but I guess they don’t make it anymore? It is green but changes to a beautiful light pink/rose color.

I debated long and hard on what to gift you. I’m not very creative but am always up for helping another beautiful soul feel as beautiful on the outside as they are on the inside.

There is one more coming but won’t be there until January so don’t be confused when you randomly get another box 😂

oh that sounds like a wonderful lipstick. pity they were out but im still incredibly happy with what you sent me

btw i also really love the nail polishes as well. wonderful colours and its really nice to get some vibrant greens and turquoises. i wore the turquoise out over the weekend and loved it

soooo

thank you again

oh that sounds like a wonderful lipstick. pity they were out but im still incredibly happy with what you sent me

btw i also really love the nail polishes as well. wonderful colours and its really nice to get some vibrant greens and turquoises. i wore the turquoise out over the weekend and loved it

yeah, so i got another package today.

thanks so much babe

i'll post a photo of it up soon

GURFT GERT!

Received a packaged today, oh boy!

51759894546_b05228804a_c.jpg

It's soft and squishy, like a bag of marshmellows. A familiar feeling that as a child could ruin Christmas, but now as an adult—pure opulence!

51760546409_6b9be84e84_c.jpg

3 individually packaged pouches, each with a print more fun than the last!

51759064517_f35781bfa2_c.jpg

(Me)Undies!! The wheel has been broken! My undercarriage will no longer be subject to box store garments! I cannot overstate how great these things feel. They should have sent a stupid-sexy flanders.gif! There is ample room for my fellas and the breathability is off the charts! Thanks again @Bucketman! Ain't no goin' back to American Eagle janky ass boxer-briefs after this.

This discussion has been closed.