As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Go find the new Cyberpunk thread

• Options
    CornucopiistCornucopiist Registered User regular
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    It seems fairly clear to me, seeing as you don't die explicitly in the any of the non-suicide endings, that a DLC where you find that something-something to heal you is/was planned. I'm sure they're probably waiting until all the lawsuits stop before they actually release anything.

As an aside, did they ever fix the driving or melee combat? I went with a katana build and I think my V has easily beheaded more people than most of history's domestic terrorists put together. The driving was also... painful.

On Stadia it seems the driving somehow got better? I don't know if there was a fix. I didn't play enough to get better.
    V is still an absolute walking blender, though I added Mantis Blades and now every encounter is people shooting at me while I'm posing with my victim in the air which is pointless without 3rd person view.

• Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    It seems fairly clear to me, seeing as you don't die explicitly in the any of the non-suicide endings, that a DLC where you find that something-something to heal you is/was planned. I'm sure they're probably waiting until all the lawsuits stop before they actually release anything.
    Wow, I really hope not.
    Like, the entire story is about how you choose to deal with an unavoidable death. Adding DLC that just goes 'lol jk you get to live' would be the worst idea they could have.
    I agree to a degree, but, it would sell a lot of copies. It could also be a definitive end where you do, conclusively die. Personally I'm fine with a head-canon endings.

I can't imagine they made the game with the express intention of not releasing DLC, and I'm not entirely sure how they'd make DLC that would fit copaceticly with the whole fact that you're in the process of dying. I'm sure there's a way, but I feel more like there's an intention of making an addition to the endings.

The game is simply not structured for post-ending DLC to be possible. Any they do will need to be inserted to play mid-game, like what they did with Witcher 3 DLC.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Epic Games Store holiday sale is on... Game is $29.99 as usual. Except you get $10 off any purchase > $15. So do I double dip on the game for $20? I guess I could spend $20 on worse things...

But I'm not even sure my computer could run it decently. I have slightly above recommended specs.

• Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    evilthecat wrote: »
    eh, I'm still hoping that V can save themselves.
    Also Anders didn't even think that what happens to V could work sooooo he isn't exactly an authority on the subject.
    yes, I know he developed the tech, but if you didn't foresee your tech working in a particular way then I am of the opinion that you are a talented hack, but a hack nonetheless!

My assumption has always be V saving herself will be a future expansion, that rewrites the ending, like at the end of Fallout 3 if you die shutting down the reactor.

You wake up and it's "Hey, we actually saved you, now go kill some stuff for us".

I hope she gets to live, she's had some tough breaks.

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    They could do it where you have an entirely different character that gets an inheritance from V.

• Options
    edited December 2021
    M-Vickers wrote: »
    evilthecat wrote: »
    eh, I'm still hoping that V can save themselves.
    Also Anders didn't even think that what happens to V could work sooooo he isn't exactly an authority on the subject.
    yes, I know he developed the tech, but if you didn't foresee your tech working in a particular way then I am of the opinion that you are a talented hack, but a hack nonetheless!

My assumption has always be V saving herself will be a future expansion, that rewrites the ending, like at the end of Fallout 3 if you die shutting down the reactor.

You wake up and it's "Hey, we actually saved you, now go kill some stuff for us".

I hope she gets to live, she's had some tough breaks.

I think, or at least I hope their writers are too good to completely undermine their own story like that.

And as it is impossible to reconcile all the various endings, they'd also be alienating their player base that didn't pick the "right" ending.

SiliconStew on
  • Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    Couldn't V just wake up in a new body after every ending? There are a million places where an engram of them could have been made.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Fallout 3 partially re-wrote that ending and that DLC because they had to acknowledge the glaring plotholes in the railroading that led to it.

I don't see why CP couldn't just put new DLC in as new quest chains, same as all the other side stuff you can do.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Couldn't V just wake up in a new body after every ending? There are a million places where an engram of them could have been made.

Ending spoiler
    Arasaka controls the engram creation tech. And those Mikoshi facilities are in orbit. And at the time there are only 2 of these special Relics in existence because the whole thing was a personal project of Saburo to extend his own life. The prototype in V's head is damaged beyond repair and the other is currently in Mr Arasaka's head. So, no, there wouldn't be "a million places" to do it.

And even ignoring the suicide ending where no engram of V was created, based on in-game conversations, what V becomes as part of the Alt AI beyond the Blackwall is unknown. I think it's unlikely whatever V becomes could be put back into a body even if some third party was able to get beyond the Blackwall to retrieve V in the first place.

SiliconStew on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    FWIW, even though I can't actually open the spoilers because I still haven't finished the game, I do appreciate that y'all were able to actually have a conversation about the story beats without it being drowned out by the usual complaints about how buggy/unfinished the game is. It's basically impossible to discuss anything else about it elsewhere

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Spoit wrote: »
    FWIW, even though I can't actually open the spoilers because I still haven't finished the game, I do appreciate that y'all were able to actually have a conversation about the story beats without it being drowned out by the usual complaints about how buggy/unfinished the game is. It's basically impossible to discuss anything else about it elsewhere

It's like beating a dead horse at this point. We all know it's buggy and unfinished lol. But we do go through cycles in this thread.

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    I intend to check in with various places to ask "Is it still borked" and then eventually pick it up on PS5. I'm in absolutely no rush to do so and so checking back in every 6 months or so might be the best idea.

Alternative: Wait for the inevitable Cyberpunk Enhanced Edition.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    I caved. I bought CP2077 AND Disco Elysium for $30 on the Epic Game store.

• Options
    I had to go through gog for Cyberpunk. I had to have it DRM free.

• Options
    urahonky wrote: »

Disco Elysium is beyond brilliant.

Fun Challenge: Attempt to kill yourself within the first 2-3 minutes of the game.

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    I do think having a post-game that explicitly runs back the core themes of the game would be a little contradictory, but I think it's good that there are endings that leave it ambiguous to some extent. I think there is a way to make it work narratively, but making it part of the main game would be weird.

• Options
    I would make the DLC a whole other character that knows V and then you learn some secrets about V through that character.

• Options
    GTA did DLCs with whole other characters.

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Aegeri wrote: »

Fun Challenge: Attempt to kill yourself within the first 2-3 minutes of the game.
    I got him to retire. :lol:

• Options
    SneaksSneaks Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    Aegeri wrote: »

Did that by accident.

Sneaks on
  • Options

This is why the release was so frustrating. The story was good, the world was good, and the game was so, so close to being great.

But it wasn't 100% finished, and buggy.

You can love something and still acknowledge its faults.

• Options

This is why the release was so frustrating. The story was good, the world was good, and the game was so, so close to being great.

I just went into my error log on my PS5 and decided to screencap it. Every single one of these is when the game hard crashed and I lost progress.

• Options
    I'm an hour or so into the PC version and it feels way better... Which is what I expected. My poor PC can't quite do it on Ultra so I mixed and matched settings to maximize prettiness and frames. Hopefully I have a better time with it... So far it's been a good experience.

Wish I had a better video card than my 1060 though... Damn crypto miners.

• Options
    I was pretty impressed Cyberpunk ran on my laptop.

• Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    The CPU side is mostly where this game falls down on last-gen consoles. And even laptop CPUs are pretty good these days.

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    The CPU side is mostly where this game falls down on last-gen consoles. And even laptop CPUs are pretty good these days.
    And the lack of an SSD. Streaming in geometry (and textures) fails.

• Options
    yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    I would make the DLC a whole other character that knows V and then you learn some secrets about V through that character.
    I don’t see any reason why new DLC would even need to have V as a character. It is entirely possible that Keanu voiced any DLC lines already though, because I doubt they’d shell out the money to schedule him for more work.

"I see everything twice!"

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    That adds an interesting twist to any talk of mid game dlc, how do you avoid Johnny? Does he just not comment or appear through the entire dlc? Because that would be weird. Or do they fork out the cash to bring back one of the world biggest actors for, what had better be, free dlc?

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    furlion wrote: »
    That adds an interesting twist to any talk of mid game dlc, how do you avoid Johnny? Does he just not comment or appear through the entire dlc? Because that would be weird. Or do they fork out the cash to bring back one of the world biggest actors for, what had better be, free dlc?
    They could have you take that drug you get at the beginning of the game that suppresses Johnny? or dosed with something along those lines

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    Lawsuits and refunds cost cdpr a cool 3.5mil. The game cost ~315 million, and they made around 600 million on it just in 2020.

I'm pretty sure they can cover Keanu voicing some lines.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Lawsuits and refunds cost cdpr a cool 3.5mil. The game cost ~315 million, and they made around 600 million on it just in 2020.

I'm pretty sure they can cover Keanu voicing some lines.

Additionally Keanu seemed like he really liked the setting and was excited about being part of it so I can see him not charging all the monies to reprise the role.

• Options
    edited December 2021
    All they have to do is tell him players can bang him in the expansion and he'll be all in.

(I am not even actually joking, he was super excited about this idea in an interview)

Aegeri on
  • Options

I just went into my error log on my PS5 and decided to screencap it. Every single one of these is when the game hard crashed and I lost progress.

Oof - I got lucky with with crashes, on the Series X, so that also affects my opinion.

There have been other games where I've lost hours of progress on due to a crash, and just stopped playing.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I really enjoy the car conversations, very reminiscent of just driving somewhere with a friend and shooting the breeze.

hkg6gr3wv5gm.png

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    This game would have benefited immensely from a taxi system. Every single time I was given the option to have someone drive me around I just sat there the entire time, never skipped it. I was honestly shocked when I completed the mission for delamaine that I was not able to just summon the car to be driven around.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    I really enjoy the car conversations, very reminiscent of just driving somewhere with a friend and shooting the breeze.

The only recent-ish game I can remember capturing that to the same degree was Saints Row 3.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    Cyberpunk 2022 is already here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izWxL2mhPvQ

• Options
    Started this back up on my PC before the holidays and I bounced off hard on it again. It just doesn't hold my attention even more on the 2nd playthrough. I'm on the only fun mission on the game and I can't even work up the energy to start the game.

Fucking hell. I was hoping that it being on the PC would give it a little more life for me.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Having lived in and around the Haitian community for several years, the attitude of the Voodoo Boys rep is spot on. :lol:

Very taciturn and to the point.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I mean...the visuals were never really the game's imo.