As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Pokémon] Thread! Sword & Shield OUT NOW!!

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Hisuian Voltorb confirmed. Electric/Grass type, which is a very neat typing.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »
    Hisuian Voltorb confirmed. Electric/Grass type, which is a very neat typing.

https://youtu.be/V6-SDCGZglI

It's made of wood

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    I love him!

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Is it possible to trade from Let's Go Eevee to Sword? My kid is playing Let's Go and wants a Gengar. I don't have a second copy of Let's Go, and I don't really want to pay for an online subscription for her to do a couple of trades. Or maybe I could get her Pokemon Home, send her Haunter there, trade to my Home? Would that work?

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Terrendos wrote: »
    I love him!
    Even the slightest provocation can set off such a discharge, so in human settlements, Hisuian Voltorb is considered a nuisance. Tales of people temporarily plugging the hole on Hisuian Voltorb’s head and kicking it out of settlements are not entirely uncommon.​

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Is it possible to trade from Let's Go Eevee to Sword? My kid is playing Let's Go and wants a Gengar. I don't have a second copy of Let's Go, and I don't really want to pay for an online subscription for her to do a couple of trades. Or maybe I could get her Pokemon Home, send her Haunter there, trade to my Home? Would that work?

You can only trade pokemon with the same game/same pair of games. And I believe you can only take pokemon from Let's Go to home, not the other way.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options

You can get Pokemon Go connected to Let's Go.

Getting a Gengar in Pokemon Go is fairly easy... around Halloween.
    Maybe not so much now.

• Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Sometimes I think about this piece of pre-Red & Blue concept art.

5ldkrt0f3dp2.jpeg

That’s my post.

• Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    My wife got me Let's Go Pikachu. The Pokemon showing up in the tall grass was amazing.

• Options
    These have a real alternate timeline feeling to them. Makes you think.

5ponj1z1pr4o.jpeg
    wh9fp42eu97u.jpeg
    0j66ocvi6evu.jpeg

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Whips, that's what pokemon is missing

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Real misstep not to include Toise in the series.

• Options
    Turambar wrote: »

Is it a whip, or a scythe and a Pokemon made of hay.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited December 2021

IIRC there were whips in some of the NPC trainer sprites that were cut for the final release. So I think it's actually a concept that lasted for quite awhile.

Forget where exactly I saw it, might have been https://tcrf.net/The_Cutting_Room_Floor (of course I'm at work so I can't check now, it's blocked here :3)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    A bunch of trainers had whips back when Mew was from Brazil and Surge was American.

Notably, the gym leader Sabrina had one.

n8q10phy64h7.jpeg

• Options
    discrider wrote: »

I haven’t bought a main series game for a long time but I could almost be convinced by A Large Hay-bail, a single line grass type with nothing notable about it.

54kdo0utq6uv.jpeg

• Options
    discrider wrote: »

I haven’t bought a main series game for a long time but I could almost be convinced by A Large Hay-bail, a single line grass type with nothing notable about it.

54kdo0utq6uv.jpeg

He shall be called Heyfevor and make all the other pokemon sneeze uncontrollably

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Hay i need a Shining Pearl buddy to help me with trade Evos!
    Well it can be a Brilliand Diamond too, i just want to evolve haunter, kadabra, etc.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Mods aren’t looking post fakemon.

vfjr36bktas0.jpeg

• Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    joshgotro wrote: »
    My wife got me Let's Go Pikachu. The Pokemon showing up in the tall grass was amazing.

I'm going to be honest people. Let's Go Pikachu has been great. Easy. Pretty. No PC box to run back and switch out mons. Psyduck main baby.

• Options
    I 100% agree. Except i got the superior Eevee version! :D
    I really want Let's Go Johto and Let's Go Hoenn.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    If we're talking Fakemon then I need to post this classic.

https://youtu.be/zCbl-12QV2c

Still makes me laugh an unreasonable amount.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular

I think the real next step is a new pokemon stadium. They already have 3d models for everything. and i just want to battle people, not deal with breeding for IVs and egg moves, then dealing with leveling and EVs. and then they can do all kinds of rotating tournament types and seasons with different banlists and items and things like megas, dynamax, and legendaries. and they can consolidate the entire pokedex into one game because they wont really need to do up a whole world and story.

• Options
    f7qduvtn7fe7.jpeg

I spoke to Mr. Game Freak and he says they have to have the snot green kind of shinies.

• Options
    Enigmedic wrote: »

I think the real next step is a new pokemon stadium. They already have 3d models for everything. and i just want to battle people, not deal with breeding for IVs and egg moves, then dealing with leveling and EVs. and then they can do all kinds of rotating tournament types and seasons with different banlists and items and things like megas, dynamax, and legendaries. and they can consolidate the entire pokedex into one game because they wont really need to do up a whole world and story.

Perhaps call it… Pokemon Showdown…

• Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    Call it whatever you want if I get the functionality but don't have to play it in a fucking java applet, and it is more broadly adopted than by a bunch of Smogon adherents.

• Options
    Honestly? I’m all about the mini-games. I dare not play Stadium 1 again for fear they weren’t actually as awesome as I remember.

• Options
    I don't think that's possible honestly.
    They are exactly as awesome as that.

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKSDGz9iAgU

I’m over this as a game series but this little short that just popped up for me is pretty much ideal. You should watch it!

• Options
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    So I just got Shining Pearl for Xmas and apparently they kept TMs as one time use? Not cool

Would someone be able to trade me a Gible? I’d like that to use as my “starter” if that’s possible

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Eh it's fine, you can get plenty of each TM as needed, unlike the og games.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Gameplay overview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk_bhkDh958

Im quite looking forward to some new pokemans explorations.

And the speed/strength attack system with the order bar in the corner is a slight thing but one that should make combat much more dynamic and interesting. It not being just a back and forth adds just that little something else to any turn based RPG that has me quite excited to use it in a pokemon game.

• Options
    i need someone with either BD or SP to trade evo with me.
    of course, if the person has SP it's even better, cause then we can trade version exclusives.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Ohhh it also looks like they increased HP numbers which really looks to go a long way to make the new battles have more back and forth instead of one shot city.

Hypehype!

• Options
    I finally got around to pre-ordering Arceus :3 I'm debating if I wanna watch that video, but I think I'll just say "I already bought it, let's go in as blind as possible at this point" :P I do hope the mission stuff is a big part of it - that really appealed to me a lot.

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Should we make a new thread before Arceus comes out?

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    I'm kinda unhyped about Arceus.
    The idea seems awesome, but what videos i have seen do not exactly sell me on it.
    That said, probably somewhat uncharitably on my part, the biggest "wait, what?" thing in them that has made me less than fully onboard was just having a guy in a labcoat standing there.
    Could you not go all in on ancient looks? Make them a priest or a monk or a sage or something?
    That, and that rather poor animations shown (not finished game footage, yes, i know), and some other stuff, have made me decide not to pre order, and instead wait a couple weeks after launch and see reactions from actual players before buying myself.

• Options
    My biggest concern/criticism is that it looks like only the three announced variants will be travel pokes.
    Due to the silhouettes on the UI to trigger them.
    Let me ride all the pokes.

• Options
    Never buy anything day one.