As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PDF plagiarism detector

RichyRichy Registered User regular
Hi! So I'm teaching, and with the rise of online education and online collaborative tools plagiarism has become easier than ever. So I'm looking for a tool that can compare hundreds of PDF project reports and rank them by similarity, so I can take a closer look at the most similar pairs and determine if they plagiarized each other. I have a strong preference for a tool that runs on my computer, without having to upload my students' reports to an online repository somewhere. And the reports are in French. Does anyone have suggestions?

In terms of cost, naturally I prefer free, but I can get a budget to pay for it. However I'd like to test it before paying for it, to make sure I buy something that works for my needs.

Thanks in advance!

sig.gif

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Plagiarism Checker X is probably what you're looking for. While it has some weaknesses compared to most nationally supported plagiarism checkers (like the Urkund database we use here in Sweden) it does have an offline comparison tool that's supposed to be pretty good.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    That looks like it could work. Thanks!

sig.gif