As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Xbox] Another Big Sale to see out this thread!

19495969798100»

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »
    You don't have to do anything, click the link and claim

"And ever since that day, my Xbox account has been permanently set to South American Spanish."

"But was it worth it?"

Si.

• DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    So after accepting that I simply can't load saves in the PC version of the Halo Infinite campaign, I've been playing it on my dusty Xbox One S. Am I a bad person for liking this more than the Bungie-made Halos? The story is still largely nonsense to me, but the moment-to-moment gameplay has actually hooked me.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Nah, it feels like they finally hit their stride. It only took delaying the game a year, 5 years of dev time and hiring some ex Bungie folks on to get it done tho

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I gotta say, kudos to Microsoft for not doing the traditional thing and pushing Infinite out so they had a big launch title. They kinda lucked out with supply issues making that the launch lineup relatively irrelevant, but they took a LOT of flak and it was probably a difficult sell for Spencer to the rest of Microsoft to launch Xbox's flagship product with no new software.

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote: »
    You don't have to do anything, click the link and claim

"And ever since that day, my Xbox account has been permanently set to South American Spanish."

"But was it worth it?"

Si.

And suddenly everything I order to eat comes with a side of chimichurri.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    Taramoor wrote: »
    Damn.

I was not prepared for the surgical precision with which Deedlit is exactly my jam.

Yeah...it's got the claws in me deep too.

A fantastic Symphony of the Night homage with a ridiculous number of mechanics that all actually work how they are supposed to. And while some of the boss battles have been almost Dark Souls hard, none of them have felt cheap or frustrating.

I’m totally going to save scum the gambling though, assuming they didn’t hide any failsafes in there.

Taramoor on
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I didn't realize Deedlit was coming to Xbox, let alone Game Pass. I've played up through the first chapter and it's great.

It helps that I have a fondness towards the 90's Lodoss War anime.

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Deedlit is pretty interesting to me. It feels the MOST reverential to Symphony vs any other Metroidvania I've played, and yes that includes the other Castlevania games and Bloodstained. I know almost nothing about Lodoss War and the way they're telling this story isn't giving me any insights, unfortunately. I like the look of it enough that I'll probably coast through it by the weekend, though.

• SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    I bought into the Deedlit in Wonderland beta on Steam, so unsurprisingly I'm all about playing it on console (in fact, I've gotten much further than when I played it on PC). So far it seems a good deal more forgiving than a lot of other Castlevania-style games, which helps for someone who struggles with basic things in Bloodstained. Now all they need is the sequel well you play Pirotess, the Better Elf Shamanic Swordswoman™.
    Deedlit is pretty interesting to me. It feels the MOST reverential to Symphony vs any other Metroidvania I've played, and yes that includes the other Castlevania games and Bloodstained. I know almost nothing about Lodoss War and the way they're telling this story isn't giving me any insights, unfortunately. I like the look of it enough that I'll probably coast through it by the weekend, though.

It does rely on you having watched the OVA and thus knowing the relationships ("Why do Deedlit and the only other named elf in this game don't get along? Huh?") even given a basis on the staples and tropes of Dungeons and Dragons-style high fantasy adventure. It's very light on that, so their absence doesn't really mean much, but there are nods to that in what little counts as the plot.

I'll probably have a new thread sometime today or tomorrow, I've literally gone to my new house every day this week at least once not even just to move things. Real life, harhar.

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Series X in the wild at Target.

• ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    You mean on their website or actually sighted in store?

Also weird I just got an error message trying to buy a game, clicked through to the final purchase button then got an “oops” with an error code. Never happened to me before

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    In store.

*Earnest Keanu woah gif*

If I hadn't just got a X1X a year ago I'd have totally grabbed a XsX for myself.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    X1X
    XsX
    UwU

edited December 2021
    Synthesis on
  • DirtyDirty Registered User regular
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Damn.

I was not prepared for the surgical precision with which Deedlit is exactly my jam.

Yeah...it's got the claws in me deep too.

A fantastic Symphony of the Night homage with a ridiculous number of mechanics that all actually work how they are supposed to. And while some of the boss battles have been almost Dark Souls hard, none of them have felt cheap or frustrating.

I’m totally going to save scum the gambling though, assuming they didn’t hide any failsafes in there.

Well, you are playing with Woodchuck, so odds are it's rigged.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Picked up Skyrim Anniversary, Gears Tactics, and both Halo Wars in the sale.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
    New [Xbox] thread is up, and someone remembered to actually update the big stack of trailer links to be semi-relevant!