As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PHALLA] Gods of Phalla - Game finished - Chaos overtakes the land.

MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
edited February 2008 in Critical Failures
"What is this?"

“This? This is the end, of course.”

“The end of what?”

“Everything.”

“Impossible!”

“Not at all. Would you like to know how it ends?”

“Tell me.”

“It ends with Fire. With a conflagration that will consume everything. A flame that will burn brighter than the life-giving sun. It ends with Water. With a deluge that will wipe away the works of god and man alike. A flood as relentless as the passage of time. It ends with Wind. A storm that will carry the spirits of the fallen away from this universe. A wind that signals a change in the natural order. It ends with Earth. With a landslide that buries the past under an avalanche of rubble. A quake that will send tremors through every living being. It ends with Light. With a brightness that blinds all before its glory. A radiance that will shine on the four corners of the universe. It ends with Darkness. With a shadow that descends upon existence and envelops all in its tendrils. A gloom that will taint the souls of the stoutest of gods.”

“No! Why is this happening?”

“This is the way of things, when the heavens shake with the thunder of war between Night and Day, between Order and Chaos.”

“I’m afraid.”

“Fear not. This is just the beginning.”

godsofphallasig.png
Gods of Phalla
A MrBlarney Production

with scenario and writing from Locus

OVERVIEW: Gods of Phalla is a Phalla game most similar to past factional Phalla games with relatively equal groups of players vying for complete dominance. However, all players in this game will have a power of varying strength and multiple potential win conditions that they can satisfy for victory. Most of these roles are hidden, and will not be revealed over the length of the game. Once any of the main win conditions have been met, the game will end immediately.

PLAYER ROLES:
Each player takes the role of a recently reawakened god aspiring to reestablish order in the world. There are five major aspects of each player’s role:

- Power Level. Players’ power strengths are roughly divided into three power levels: High, Middle, and Low.
- Domain. Players may be of the Lunar domain or of the Solar domain.
- Alignment. Players may be of Order alignment or Chaos alignment.
- Element. Players may be of one of the six elements: Fire, Water, Earth, Wind, Light, and Darkness. Each element is related to a different set of powers, outlined below.
- Ability. Each player has a special ability is related to a player’s power level and element. Element gives the general nature of the ability, while power level gives a rough idea of the strength of the power within the element. Power levels are not necessarily comparable across elements.

ELEMENTS:
- Fire: Powers of aggression and war. The Vigilante is an example of a High God of Fire: they may choose one player per night to kill and eliminate from the game.
- Water: Powers of healing and protection. The Guardian is an example of a High God of Water: they may choose one player per night to protect from all attacks and actions except banishment, though the effects are limited if they protect multiple times.
- Earth: Powers of knowledge and divination. The Seer is an example of a High God of Earth: they may choose one player per night and learn their power level, domain, alignment, and element.
- Wind: Powers of movement and change. The Ability Swapper is an example of a High God of Wind: they may choose two players and permanently switch their abilities.
- Light: Powers of purification and enhancement. A variety of miscellaneous powers are present in this domain.
- Darkness: Powers of destruction and reduction. A variety of miscellaneous powers are present in this domain.
It should be noted that not all players will receive unique abilities. Two players with the same starting ability will share the same power level and element. Another thing to note is the fact that multiple special abilities can be associated with the same power level and element, including the High power level. That is to say, there may be multiple different High gods of a single element floating around.

ARTIFACTS:
There are a number of items present in the game known as artifacts that have a variety of effects. Most of these can replicate the abilities of powerful player roles, if charged enough. When an artifact is in ones possession, this provides two new actions that may be taken. First, the holder may choose to charge an artifact with energy. Artifacts will gain a small amount of charge each day naturally, but charging will allow access to higher-powered abilities quicker. The higher-powered the player, the more charge is added; if the player’s attributes match the artifact’s, more charge is also added. Second, the holder may choose to use an artifact’s ability instead of their regular ability. This will consume some or all of the charge on the artifact. Performing either of these actions means that the regular ability is not used.

To be more transparent about the mechanic: if it is not being used, an artifact will increase its charge by 1 each day. If the holder specifically charges an artifact, its charge will increase by 2 instead with a +1 bonus for attribute matches and +1 bonus for if the player is a Middle- or High-level god. The artifact will not gain any charge on a night that its ability is being used. The power needed to use artifact abilities and the amount of charge consumed in their use will be provided with each specific item. All artifacts start with a charge of 1 at the start of the game.

Artifacts may be willingly traded between players by having both the holder and the recipient confirm the trade. It will help if this is done with nested quotes in which both players involved and myself are sent PMs in sequence. If a player holding an artifact is killed or banished, then the items held are randomly given to another player. However, some control over item distribution can be made: item holders can specify a ‘will’ for each item, consisting of a single attribute (i.e. Light, Solar, or Low, etc.). The item will be passed onto a player with an attribute matching the will; if no such player is available then the item is passed onto a random player.

VOTING AND NIGHTLY REVEALS:
Each player may make one vote per night in bold red denoting whom they wish to banish (i.e. eliminate from the game). Use the phrase “I !vote for X” for best results. Retractions may be made in bold lime, though they are not necessary: the most recent red vote will be counted regardless if a retraction is made or not. The phrase of choice here is “I !retract from X”. The player receiving the highest number of votes is banished, and so eliminated from the game. The vote will not carry over, if the vote leader is killed before he can be banished. In the event of a tie, a random player who voted for the players who had tied votes will be banished. If the tie was caused by a vote retraction, then the player who made the retraction will be included in the set of players that may be banished. Basically, if you cause a tied vote, you should be prepared to potentially be banished instead!

The vote will close at 7:00 PM PST (10:00 PM EST) every night. All votes up to 6:59 PM PST will count, but any votes made at 7:00 PM or later will not. This holds even when I am not here to remark that the vote has closed. Votes made between the close of vote and the time of narration will not count.

A list of players who were killed or banished will be provided each night. However, their specific power levels, domains, alignments, and elements will remain hidden. Instead, a separate list will be given of the qualities that were eliminated, unmatched to the players themselves. One thing to note: being killed and being banished, while effectively eliminating a player from the game in either case, are considered two different things in this game.

If you are killed or banished, please close off any discussion of the game with any other player in the game, whether they are alive, dead, or banished. There will be time to discuss things after everything is revealed. You may make one ‘death post’ if you truly feel necessary, but make sure you use italics or an appropriate number of OOoos in your post to make it clear that you have been eliminated, and please do not reveal any game-sensitive information in your ‘death post’. You can also make your post in sky blue, that will also help separate it from the still-active players.

ORDER OF ACTIONS:
Water Abilities --> Wind Abilities --> Darkness Abilities --> Light Abilities --> Earth Abilities --> Fire Abilities --> Banishment Vote, Kill Resolution, and Other Actions

Artifact usage occurs at the phase of its element or at the same time as the banishment vote if it lacks an element. Abilities with passive effects are always on and do not activate in any phase. As noted above, the vote will not ‘carry over’ if the vote leader is killed before he can be banished.

OBJECTIVES:
Each player has a number of different win conditions that they may choose from. How the win conditions will be interpreted is dependent on each player’s individual attributes.

- Classic Battle: Order wins if all Chaos-aligned players are eliminated. Chaos wins if all Order-aligned players are eliminated.
- Power Struggle: High-powered gods win if all Middle- and Low-powered gods are eliminated. Middle-powered gods win if all High- and Low- powered gods are eliminated. Low-powered gods win if all High- and Mid- powered gods are eliminated.
- Domain Dominance: Lunar gods win if all Solar gods are eliminated. Solar gods win if all Lunar gods are eliminated.
- Elemental Rivalry: If four of the elements are completely destroyed, then the members of the remaining two elements win. However, opposing elements cannot win with each other. Fire is opposed to Water, Earth is opposed to Wind, and Light is opposed to Darkness.
- Final Harmony: If there are six or fewer players remaining, the survivors share a victory if: at most each power level is represented twice, at most each domain is represented thrice, at most each alignment is represented thrice, and at most each element is represented once.
- At least one other hidden win condition, specific to individual players.

Once any of the above win conditions have been met (with the exception of certain hidden win conditions), the game ends. It should be noted that due to the number of win conditions, it is possible to win the game with any other player, though it will certainly be more difficult to achieve victory with certain players than others. Any two players can win together, but it is not true that any three players can win together.

INACTIVITY:
I will expect at least two posts and a vote per day to consider a player as being ‘active’. A warning will be sent out on the first day this requirement is not satisfied, and a replacement will be made on the second (consecutive) day. If no replacements are available, then that player’s attributes will be revealed. Protracted inactivity will result in elimination from the game.

CLARIFICATIONS:
If there is any question about the rules of the game, please make them be known in orange. Disclaimer: I reserve the right to keep certain (read: many) game mechanics hidden until the end of the game. Questions that are answerable should relate to the players as a whole, and not to a selected subset. Specific ability questions can be asked via PM (and are more likely to be answered).

OTHER RULES:
Standard Phalla rules apply here: no sharing of PMs via screen shots and direct quotation, though the information contained in them may be shared indirectly such as by rephrasing. No anonymous contact is allowed. Any communication must be traceable to a specific player as source. Have fun, play smart.

The game has ended in a Chaos victory.

Where to send your PMs: All PMs should be going to me, MrBlarney, first. If making a trade, make sure you CC your trade partner as well in your message. If my mailbox fills up, send things to Locus. If his mailbox fills up as well, send your actions to Kitano. 300 items should be enough?

4463rwiq7r47.png
MrBlarney on

• Options
    edited February 2008
    Results and Narrations

Opening Narration
    Round 1 Results Round 1 Narration
    Round 2 Results Round 2 Narration
    Round 3 Results Round 3 Narration
    Round 4 Results Round 4 Narration
    Round 5 Results Round 5 Narration
    Round 6 Results Round 6 Narration
    Round 7 Results Round 7 Narration
    Round 8 Results
    Round 9 Results Final Narration

Reveals and Supplementals
    Gods of Phalla Design Document
    Flavortext Document
    Organizational Proboards
    Master Spreadsheet

Player List, all 116 of them:
    Winning Chaos Gods

an_alt
    Ardor - Returned to play on Round 6.
    Buzz Buzz
    CoreGoon
    Crono729
    Drez - Returned to play on Round 7.
    DamnedLibrarian
    Egos
    FrostMist
    Grundlterror (Order God, wins via [Harmony] ability)

Gumpy - Returned to play on Round 5.
    Infidel - Returned to play on Round 3.
    Izuvan
    Mr. Defecation
    Niceguy Myeye
    Plutonium - Returned to play on Round 8.
    PRËTËNTIÖüS
    PsychoCucumber
    Sepah
    Seriously

visiblehowl - Returned to play on Round 9.

Winning Mortals

Fembot
    The_Lightbringer
    Smasher
    Zerinan
    Zzulu

Eliminated Players

Round 1
    Aegis
    B:L
    Burnage - Returned to play on round 2.
    Corp.Shephard
    FunkyWaltDogg
    James
    Marshmallow
    precisionk
    Romantic Undead
    Shorn Scrotum Man
    Soup
    TehSpectre

Round 2
    cheez
    DevoutlyApathetic
    giltanis
    Hylianbunny
    Infidel - Returned to play on Round 3.
    KrataLightblade
    Quoth
    robothero
    Squashua

Round 3
    Bliss 101
    FreeAgent
    Inglorious Coyote (by inactivity)
    lonelyahava
    Matatat
    Medopine
    Mr. Henry Bemis (by inactivity)
    Pharezon (by inactivity)
    Plutonium - Returned to play on Round 4.
    real_pochacco
    Rend
    Shankill Butcher (withdrew from game)
    Skull Man (by inactivity)

Round 4
    Arkas
    cj iwakura
    Cold Salmon and Hatred
    DarkPrimus
    Gumpy - Returned to play on Round 5.
    INeedNoSalt
    NATIK
    Orestes
    Raakam
    Rainfall
    Savant
    thorgot
    Varcayn

Round 5
    Ardor - Returned to play on Round 6.
    El Skid
    evilbob
    Green
    jdarksun
    life3
    Look Out it's Sabs!
    minigunwielder
    Qorzm
    Shamus
    tuxkamen

Round 6
    delroland
    Drez - Returned to play on Round 7.
    durax
    Frosteey
    iamtheaznman
    Last Son
    Munkus Beaver
    tehcoolryan
    Trust
    Unearthly Stew
    visiblehowl - Returned to play on Round 9.

Round 7
    Abysmal Lynx
    DasUberEdward
    Dee Kae (by inactivity)
    JPants
    Maximus (by inactivity)
    Nion
    Oatway
    Plutonium - Returned to play on Round 8.
    Shenanigans
    tofu
    Toxic Toys

Round 8
    Anthrax! Please.
    Fencingsax
    Jester313
    Obbi
    KupoTheAvenger
    LaOs
    PsychoLarry1
    TheLawinator
    Variable

Round 9
    Burnage
    chamberlain
    Crovaxan
    Koan
    Pseudolus
    Stew_Stick
    Valkun
    zanmatto

Zek agreed to step down to make way for a Chaos victory.

Gods Icons:

Lunar Order
    hi-good-lun-fire.pnghi-good-lun-water.pnghi-good-lun-earth.pnghi-good-lun-wind.pnghi-good-lun-light.pnghi-good-lun-dark.png
    mid-good-lun-fire.pngmid-good-lun-water.pngmid-good-lun-earth.pngmid-good-lun-wind.pngmid-good-lun-light.pngmid-good-lun-dark.png
    low-good-lun-fire.pnglow-good-lun-water.pnglow-good-lun-earth.pnglow-good-lun-wind.pnglow-good-lun-light.pnglow-good-lun-dark.png

Solar Order
    hi-good-sol-fire.pnghi-good-sol-water.pnghi-good-sol-earth.pnghi-good-sol-wind.pnghi-good-sol-light.pnghi-good-sol-dark.png
    mid-good-sol-fire.pngmid-good-sol-water.pngmid-good-sol-earth.pngmid-good-sol-wind.pngmid-good-sol-light.pngmid-good-sol-dark.png
    low-good-sol-fire.pnglow-good-sol-water.pnglow-good-sol-earth.pnglow-good-sol-wind.pnglow-good-sol-light.pnglow-good-sol-dark.png

Lunar Chaos
    hi-evil-lun-fire.pnghi-evil-lun-water.pnghi-evil-lun-earth.pnghi-evil-lun-wind.pnghi-evil-lun-light.pnghi-evil-lun-dark.png
    mid-evil-lun-fire.pngmid-evil-lun-water.pngmid-evil-lun-earth.pngmid-evil-lun-wind.pngmid-evil-lun-light.pngmid-evil-lun-dark.png
    low-evil-lun-fire.pnglow-evil-lun-water.pnglow-evil-lun-earth.pnglow-evil-lun-wind.pnglow-evil-lun-light.pnglow-evil-lun-dark.png

Solar Chaos
    hi-evil-sol-fire.pnghi-evil-sol-water.pnghi-evil-sol-earth.pnghi-evil-sol-wind.pnghi-evil-sol-light.pnghi-evil-sol-dark.png
    mid-evil-sol-fire.pngmid-evil-sol-water.pngmid-evil-sol-earth.pngmid-evil-sol-wind.pngmid-evil-sol-light.pngmid-evil-sol-dark.png
    low-evil-sol-fire.pnglow-evil-sol-water.pnglow-evil-sol-earth.pnglow-evil-sol-wind.pnglow-evil-sol-light.pnglow-evil-sol-dark.png

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    duraxdurax Who watches the watchdogs? Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    durax wrote: »
    I !sign up

durax on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Losers, posting before post two. I urge you all to delete and resign up so we don't have to hunt for info during the game.

Also, !sign up.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    !Sign up

This is epic.

Quoth on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    thorgot wrote: »
    I !sign up

(ninja signup!)

quoted so I can delete

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    !sign up

Locus on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Yes, if you three (thorgot, durax, and Mr. Defecation) could please delete your signups and re-sign in, I would be most appreciative.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I !sign up again

M.D. on
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Crap Yes. Lets do this thing.

Rend on
  • Options
    HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    This is going to be crazy confusing, but I !sign up.

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I !withdraw because MrBlarney says I can't play. What a party pooper!

Locus on
  • Options
    Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    The Stew is back! and signing up Harder than ever before!

Edit: Now with 100% more "I Sign Up!" than before!

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Artefact and Set Phalla all rolled up into one?

I !sign up

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2008
    !yes to eat the day 1 grudge vote.

Squashua on
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    !Sign up!
    This will pwn.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    FrostMistFrostMist NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    !Sign up

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
  • Options
    Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    At first there was nothing...

THEN THERE WAS SIGNUP

Corp.Shephard on
  • Options
    PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    !Sign Up

PsychoLarry1 on
  • Options
    ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2008
    Ridiculous, Mr. B, you can't be human.

Obbi on
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    !Sign up!

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I sign up!

I'm going to redeem myself for my phalla. Woe be to whoever opposes my team.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    It has been so long.

So long.

!sign up

Green on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2008

Medopine on
  • Options
    PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Sign me up, Mr. B!

Plutonium on
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Because you fucking sent me an advertisement

Which should be like a bannable offense

i !sign up

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    Inglorious CoyoteInglorious Coyote Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    i !sign up

Inglorious Coyote on
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I !Sign Up

This sounds quite fun.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I got a nice PM saying to sign up

!Sign up

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    ValkunValkun Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I !Sign Up because that's what all the cool deities are doing.

Edit: Wow, someone actually bothered to send me an invitation to this game. Does-does that mean I'm awesome?

Valkun on
  • Options
    Mr. Henry BemisMr. Henry Bemis God is love Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    hi marsh!

!signup

Mr. Henry Bemis on
    Nothing is true; Everything is permitted
  • Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

Skull Man on
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Oh, I !Sign Up big time

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    !sign up!

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Will all of PA be playing?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    hi marsh!

Hello, Bemis, how are you this fine evening?

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2008
    Shiiitttt

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • Options
    TrustTrust Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Sign me the fuck up right this now.

Trust on
    We Stand Ready
  • Options
    ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2008
    ahhhhh !signup

Obbi on
  • Options
    FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    !sign up, since I got a personal invitation.

However, I reserve the right to be inattentive and make poor decisions.

FunkyWaltDogg on