As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T 2021 Secret Santa! Until next jolly mission…

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    @Sterica I'm glad you liked everything! I realize I was taking a bit of a risk getting them for you blind when I saw the headphone stand in your wishlist, since I figured you probably had something for them already, but I've heard a lot of good things about the Grados and I love open backs myself.

If you were interested in adding a mic to them, I highly recommend Antlion ModMics. Not great for phone usage but it should work well with that mixer and/or a PC.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    The only Grado I am aware of is a Scottish pro wrestler/actor.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    9DxtKmH.gif

SAAANNNNTAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, so I come home yesterday to two Amazon packages on my kitchen counter. I check my Amazon account and ask my wife about them. None were expected.
    o41bhJTl.jpg

Behold, WRAPPED GIFTS! My kids were immediately interested, but also confused about the whole "satan" thing.
    6QShIZvl.jpg

Let's begin with package the smaller. I'll take every 20 I can get!
    84di0k1l.jpg

What is this? Pieces of wood?! I'm going to need a castle at least... 3X as big! Oh, wait, it makes a beautiful and cool dice tower! It even comes with a tiny screwdriver and screws to hold it together more securely. Awesome stuff and will be great with the kids!
    csmvqzRl.jpg

Package number two! It's HEAVY.
    aPoHzYzl.jpg

I mean, santa is not wrong... I picked up a cheap RX-78-2 model. Loved it. So I picked up this RG Wing EW and have been working on it on and off for the past two+ months. Now I've just been using mini wire clippers and a utility knife.
    DeOa0QCl.jpg

WHOAH. This box is FULL of stuff. So much. So many tools. This is like everything I could possibly need to do any model making whatsoever!
    qqBvBCnl.jpg

I'm gonna put this in spoilers, but here's all the stuff:
    Nippers! Proper nippers to clip the pieces out.
    olQZzgKl.jpg

A battery powered rotary tool?!
    lRdPivBl.jpg

Every type of sanding and filing I could need to do? Metal files, nail files, sanding blocks, foam sanding blocks, I don't even know how to use all this but I'll find out!
    TOVq0zcl.jpg

Tools! Utility knife, exacto knife (and more blades!), 3 different tweezers (perfect timing for the stickers I need to apply to this RG model!), piece separator, screwdrivers and a metal ruler. Oh! And a hand drill!
    Nz3REGbl.jpg

A brush and panel lining marker
    lQIVAexl.jpg

And then to top it all off sheets of sandpaper and a work pad! (Not sure if it can be cut on? Or just more for a workspace pad?)
    txzFERel.jpg

Seriously, it's so much stuff! Thank you! I'm looking forward to really digging into it all for the next gunpla. Not sure yet what it will be, but it'll be much easier and more cleanly cut!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Naphtali wrote: »
    @Sterica I'm glad you liked everything! I realize I was taking a bit of a risk getting them for you blind when I saw the headphone stand in your wishlist, since I figured you probably had something for them already, but I've heard a lot of good things about the Grados and I love open backs myself.

If you were interested in adding a mic to them, I highly recommend Antlion ModMics. Not great for phone usage but it should work well with that mixer and/or a PC.
    I actually have a dedicated mic since the XM4s do not work so great for discord chatting while playing a game, so I either use those for quieter sessions or the Grados if I don't mind the bleed. I actually listened to Manheim Steamroller on the Grados while getting all my Christmas cards ready, and it was a real treat!

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    My best guess is loose but is it the matrix of leadership? Really just going on the notched circle and it maybe being red/blue for Optimus prime. Though that could be orange I’m not sure

It’s orange and blue. The matrix gets drawn in lots of different colors over time, but it’s usually an orange or orangey-yellow with a glowing blue core. :D

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    I've been gifted!

3lQ9SYE.jpg

CN8IuxA.jpg

A very nice controller! I'm a big controller nerd and this one is one of the bests. I've used it a bit on my switch already and plan to use it for PC games as well. I also have a couple games on android I'd like to try this out on. And the color scheme on this one is awesome. Thanks @ArcSyn!

Steam: offday
  • Options
    anoffday wrote: »
    I've been gifted!

3lQ9SYE.jpg

CN8IuxA.jpg

A very nice controller! I'm a big controller nerd and this one is one of the bests. I've used it a bit on my switch already and plan to use it for PC games as well. I also have a couple games on android I'd like to try this out on. And the color scheme on this one is awesome. Thanks @ArcSyn!

Yay! Glad it got there and is being enjoyed! I know you used the switch pro a lot, but with everything I'd heard about 8bitdo, it seemed like this one would be a prefect device for your mixed play devices and games.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    hell yeah those are great! i use mine between pc and switch a lot.

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Damn that controller looks rad as hell!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Nice! I have an SN30 Pro+ and it rules.

• Options
    ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    Gifts have been received! My benefactor is currently mysterious, in their haste to procure transport for what I can only assume are ill-gotten goods, they did not have time for a note!

A mysterious box arrives!
    ugmq8fekgju8.jpg

I carefully extract the artifacts and set them before me on the floor.
    21xcq3glkwg6.jpg

A cookbook! I love cooking and the Elder Scrolls! A delightful combination!
    a93hsc3dhqcf.jpg

A coin from the Roman Empire! This is awesome! I love history and I love having an object that's been carried through the centuries!
    a44x6fmyd08l.jpg

For the sake of brevity and the fact I'm posting from my phone...tentacles and creatures with tentacles!
    v838ptas8e68.jpg
    d6ezthnkopyu.jpg

I think the big tentacle is a book holder?
    okdm90jiao6m.jpg

Thank you Santa! Please reveal yourself!

PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • Options
    that coin will help when you go back in time

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    ZeroCow wrote: »
    Gifts have been received! My benefactor is currently mysterious, in their haste to procure transport for what I can only assume are ill-gotten goods, they did not have time for a note!

ugmq8fekgju8.jpg

21xcq3glkwg6.jpg

a93hsc3dhqcf.jpg

A coin from the Roman Empire! This is awesome! I love history and I love having an object that's been carried through the centuries!
    a44x6fmyd08l.jpg

For the sake of brevity and the fact I'm posting from my phone...tentacles and creatures with tentacles!
    v838ptas8e68.jpg
    d6ezthnkopyu.jpg

okdm90jiao6m.jpg

I don't know if you got the proxy elf message informing you in advance, but in my haste to pack everything up I left out the letter and unfortunately one extra gift...

A gaming related cook book, because you love to cook and well obviously we are all here on a gaming forum. It also comes with an appropriately themed apron. I had actually also 3D printed some bookmarks for the cookbook in the shape of Skyrim quest markers. I got home from the post office only to see them sitting on the counter and then yell out some profanities. Sorry... :(

Yes the coin is due to your love of ancient/Roman history and it's something you can display on your desk since you said you like desk knickknacks.

You are right the tentacle is a book-stand so that you can prop up the cookbook and hold it open while using it in the kitchen. Freshly 3D printed for you.

The rest of the odds and ends are 3D printed knickknacks for your desk that are also fun to fidget with. The screws are great when you are at your desk and you just need something to fiddle with absentmindedly while you work. The squids are just fun toys, the wide elephant is a phone stand, and the boat is just a curio to say, "Hey look at this neat little thing, can you believe that it was made with a printer?" It's actually just a test print to gauge the quality of a printer, but I just threw it in for whatevs. I printed extras of the squids and the screws if you wanted to give some of them to your kids to play with.

The candy is simple, no SS gift is complete without at least a little candy, and Kinder Bueno is one of my favorites. I always describe the Kinder Buenos as a Kit-Kat impregnated with Nutella to friends that haven't tried them yet. I grew up with all the Kinder candies in Europe, and remember how excited I was when they finally started selling them in the US. Enjoy them with your family, but careful they are addictive.

Once again sorry that I forgot the bookmarks and letter.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    ZeroCow wrote: »

ugmq8fekgju8.jpg

21xcq3glkwg6.jpg

a93hsc3dhqcf.jpg

a44x6fmyd08l.jpg

v838ptas8e68.jpg
    d6ezthnkopyu.jpg

okdm90jiao6m.jpg

I don't know if you got the proxy elf message informing you in advance, but in my haste to pack everything up I left out the letter and unfortunately one extra gift...

A gaming related cook book, because you love to cook and well obviously we are all here on a gaming forum. It also comes with an appropriately themed apron. I had actually also 3D printed some bookmarks for the cookbook in the shape of Skyrim quest markers. I got home from the post office only to see them sitting on the counter and then yell out some profanities. Sorry... :(

Yes the coin is due to your love of ancient/Roman history and it's something you can display on your desk since you said you like desk knickknacks.

You are right the tentacle is a book-stand so that you can prop up the cookbook and hold it open while using it in the kitchen. Freshly 3D printed for you.

The rest of the odds and ends are 3D printed knickknacks for your desk that are also fun to fidget with. The screws are great when you are at your desk and you just need something to fiddle with absentmindedly while you work. The squids are just fun toys, the wide elephant is a phone stand, and the boat is just a curio to say, "Hey look at this neat little thing, can you believe that it was made with a printer?" It's actually just a test print to gauge the quality of a printer, but I just threw it in for whatevs. I printed extras of the squids and the screws if you wanted to give some of them to your kids to play with.

The candy is simple, no SS gift is complete without at least a little candy, and Kinder Bueno is one of my favorites. I always describe the Kinder Buenos as a Kit-Kat impregnated with Nutella to friends that haven't tried them yet. I grew up with all the Kinder candies in Europe, and remember how excited I was when they finally started selling them in the US. Enjoy them with your family, but careful they are addictive.

Once again sorry that I forgot the bookmarks and letter.

Thank you! And my fiancé says thank you for the Kinder candy. She grew up in Dubai and thinks American candy is trash. :)

I'm already using the cookbook tonight! I'm making a mushroom gravy to go with duck.

And the knick knacks are all awesome!

Thank you!

PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    9DxtKmH.gif

Never let it be said that Santa doesn't like to come down to the wire. :lol:

This was waiting when I got home, so Luna had to call dibs:

h8pccbfxlikg.png
    Lots of wrapping!

pudhsxtbbc6d.png

And notes!

cwg1br0ww4dc.png

I thought this was some of kind energy drink or something at first. :P

I was close!
    lavpcmerubhq.png

(The Nephilim... thing from Xenosaga! Or Xenoblade? I don't know anymore...)

l5g72f3abvz6.png

I have no idea what that could mean...

4hx0xufdewch.png

A book I've never heard of! But it looks like hard sci-fi, and I'm always down for that.

vbp77y3gkp6y.png

Good stalking. Clever girl...
    (I'm going to Paris in March, Omicron willing.)

2usbsa2unx4q.png

This should come in handy!

gqwea13lg83v.png

This could mean a ton of things...

As it happens, boy do I agree.

puw456nd9279.png

I already own the comic, but definitely not this gorgeous version(or its equally gorgeous cast).

Last and definitely not least...

ggfagmeaykkb.png

That sounds like a challenge!

przwmgg2jyva.png

A V:TM game I've never heard of!? HOW?
    (Should I drag the players for my campaign into this somehow? :P
    Be afraid, be afraid...)

And Artemis savors his haul... sort of:

twnbtiqchiva.png

Thanks @initiatefailure ! You outdid yourself, but I'm the king of procrastinating.

qv61nsizyrff.png

I set the tree up one hour ago. ;)

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2021
    vddum4j7lsj6.png
    cpsow34xlqd7.png

Thank you @MNC Dover !

ETA: I don't think I ever played RE:0 and it's been AGES since I played RE:1 so I'm really looking forward to firing these up when I get back home!

Kendrik on
    steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    No one left out! :)

Also, why does that say subscription? I thought it was a two-pack of games. Let me know if I’m wrong.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    No one left out! :)

Also, why does that say subscription? I thought it was a two-pack of games. Let me know if I’m wrong.

Yeah...I was wondering about that, too. I'm assuming it's a typo? And thank you again!

steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    That's what you buy when you buy games on steam, a subscription to access the game.

Digital ownership!

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    @cj iwakura Oh no on the comic! I just remember you being one of the few other people talking about the show when it was airing. It uh, got real quiet real quick in all the tv threads when the last season came out.

The Zohar pin was me going down a long rabbit hole of discovering there was someone I could give hundreds of dollars to to laser cut wood versions of old game covers and arts but there just wasn’t reasonable time to make a xenogears one and the pin was the other cool thing I found while doing that search

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    @cj iwakura Oh no on the comic! I just remember you being one of the few other people talking about the show when it was airing. It uh, got real quiet real quick in all the tv threads when the last season came out.

The Zohar pin was me going down a long rabbit hole of discovering there was someone I could give hundreds of dollars to to laser cut wood versions of old game covers and arts but there just wasn’t reasonable time to make a xenogears one and the pin was the other cool thing I found while doing that search

It's all good, really. :) To compare:

s8it4aoub389.png

The version you sent is much nicer, hardcover, and has extra bonus stuff, so I'll definitely get use out of it.
    (And yeah, near the end, no one was talking about Sabrina at all... but she's coming to Riverdale, so I guess there's that...)

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Santee, your stuff is on the way! Been a busy season, but I think a bonus post-Christmas gift is always fun.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    e7zl3j5utjjm.gif

While I was away from home, several packages appeared with my name on them! My neighbors were nice enough to pick them up for me. Although they threatened to put bows on them and put them under their own tree, eventually honor asserted itself and they brought them over, along with a peace offering of coquito. (My neighbors are good folks. :D)

At first, I didn't know that the first box, from Amazon, was actually from my Santa, since it might have been something I'd shipped myself. Accordingly, I didn't get the usual "My kids helping me open it" picture.

3us8u51932mj.jpg

Within, tidings of dark portent:

yc0hii5548tn.jpg

... and a beautiful box:

lswcobo9va70.jpg
    axd831mn058z.jpg

I gotta be honest, I've been about 30s from buying this game, like, a dozen times. Board games together with stained glass? Right up my alley; absolutely something I should have in my collection. Can't wait to get it to the table!

While adding it to my BGG collection, I noticed this funny review, and yeah, I expect there to be significantly less accidental blood involved. :D Making stained glass is a lot like assembling a computer: it doesn't work unless there's a bit of blood sacrifice.

There were also a few items from Best Buy (!!!), but I believe that they're related to something that's supposed to arrive later. So I won't post about them just yet.

Thank you so much, so far, mystery Santa!

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Ohh, that game looks neat!

• Options
    I have never played Sagrada but Azul is one of our favorite games and I know there's a lot of overlap from that team

• Options
    I have never played Sagrada but Azul is one of our favorite games and I know there's a lot of overlap from that team

That’s actually what I kept going back and forth on! Whether to get Sagrada or Azul. Sagrada because stained glass, and Azul because …

My sister is teaching English in Spain. This is her second “tour” - her first one, a couple years back, was in Sevilla. We visited for Spring Break / Semana Santa. While we were there, we toured all kinds of Moorish sites - including the Alcazar and a day trip to see the Mezquita-Catedral in Cordoba. The tiles were absolutely stunning, so a game themed around someone getting impressed by them and wanting some of their own was pretty on-point.

• Options
    AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    Cross-posting, but alright, I have arrived home to a package, helpfully held by my neighbor - which gave me an excellent excuse to meet their latest cat. Anyway, pats having been dispensed, I arrived home with the new package, and my own helpful cat for concealing labels - on a box:
    sGFW3GZ.png
    Opening said box revealed a book, once again displayed by my small assistant - Joy Larkcom's Grow Your Own Vegetables!
    Avpapr8.png
    This is fantastic, as while I've been away, my own little vegetable plantings have largely died due to the searing summer heat here, so I will now have a guide of someone who has done this before, rather than my own approach of just stick the plant in and hope it succeeds. With any luck, I can grow something other than tomatoes successfully - briefly paging through it, it's massively detailed in preparation, and protection of crops, along with space saving, and crops that can be grown together, and rotation - all things that I need to know in the subsequent attempts to grow foodstuffs.
    Though, as luck would have it, though the garden has largely died, it turns out my attempts did leave me with some fruit, which means I can try to match the wonderful cover of the book:
    ia4siZW.png
    This is awesome, Santa!, Thank you!

n57PM0C.jpg
  • Options
    AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    Crossposting #2:

All has been revealed, thanks to a very nice gift on Steam -
    yYqGJlo.png
    tsjk2rw.png
    The Rimworld expansions! These should add more options to an already great game, so should be greatly enjoyed.

Thank you for this, and for the wealth of gardening knowledge, @Tofystedeth, and a Merry Xmas to you as well!

n57PM0C.jpg
  • Options
    shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
    I think possibly my Secret Santa has revealed himself with this gift:

l2rh90txb8zr.png

(I already thanked @Talus9952 in the Steam thread, but I want to note it here too, since I didn't realize until after the posting that maybe he's my Santa as well. Blame tired recovering from illness brain.)

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    I have been gifted! @Agentflit is my Santa (if I've deduced the clues correctly, by which I mean "if I read the slip correctly because I'm a dunce and you shouldn't send me clues unless you want to be endlessly frustrated watching me faff about in a cloud of my own ignorance") and they've knocked it out of the park! :)

First, some additional Christmas decor for our tree. We've been watching Doctor Who as a family (just watch "The Unicorn and the Wasp" this evening in Tenant's third series) and now we have our very own Cyberman, Dalek, Weeping Angel, and Adipose on the tree that coordinate very well with the Tardis that we have up there!

Second, we like board games quite a bit (we have a weekly game night and random stuff gets pulled out throughout the week) so the gift of Hive Carbon is much appreciated. The pieces are beautiful, and 2 player affairs are always appreciated for when just one kiddo is in the mood for a game!

Third keeps with the same theme but will work for a weekly night (and save a little electricity) as Shadows in the Forest is meant to be played in a dark room with little lanterns that come with the game. It's a neat twist on hide and seek as one player tries to find hidden creatures in the forest!

Thank you very much for the thoughtful gifts, and merry Christmas!

09zze6xezq3r.jpg

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    e7zl3j5utjjm.gif

Another box has arrived! And with it, the keys to the mystery of the previous items and the identity of my Secret Santa!

mabn6bh07yg9.jpg

Around about the time I received my copy of Sagrada, I also got a couple of items from Best Buy that I was reasonably certain that I hadn't ordered, but they were super useful items and so maybe my wife had ordered them under my account? But, no! They were Secret Santa surprises!

The first was a SUPER Surge Protector!

7xlbfazwfnbc.jpg

This is the one I thought was most likely to be something we'd ordered, because we're using an old 6-plug protector near the TV, but between the consoles and the cable box and the huge plugs everything seems to have, and, and ... it was really running out of space. My brother recently gave me his PS4 Pro because he'd picked up a PS5 for his birthday, and I really didn't have anywhere to plug it in. Worry no more!

That pairs nicely with ...

a82cp686kcub.jpg

... an extra-long in-wall-rated HDMI Cable of Awesomeness! This is aces because my TV is mounted above my fireplace, but for some reason we only installed 2 HDMI in-wall cables when we put it in. Now, with a bit of effort, we'll be able to have 3 clean feeds up to it!

The last of the BB items are the ones that convinced me that these were Secret Santa gifts, because while the other items might have been ordered by my wife without telling me, she wouldn't have bought ... THESE!

9kxrcgy46cb4.jpg

Okay, the front's a little hard to read 'cause of the shipping stickers, but the back says ...

d5zywpetabn7.jpg

... which are awesome, because I recently 3D-printed a fractal pyramid LED lamp and stand for myself (spoiled because it isn't a Secret Santa gift):
    kgmzj52m3zi8.jpg

... using similar light-changing LEDs, and I was thinking I needed to buy some more and print some other, similar stuff because they're wicked cool. And now I don't have to!

And now to the items that were included in the box. First, a great card and wonderful note from my Secret Santa, @Perrsun !

pall5tzr8brm.jpg
    hjfehm97wudp.jpg

My young'uns helped me open the box, and were super enthused by the all-RGB, all-the-time microphone and the Animal Crossing amiibo (AC is a popular game in our house)! My oldest said, "Wait, does this mean I get my own channel, now?" Not yet, my son, for you are not yet old enough to deal with People On The Internet Who Are Not Awesome PA Folks (and you aren't old enough for us, yet, either (collar-tug)) - but when you do, you will look awesome doing it.

jpn1nybdvsh1.jpg

Next in the hit parade are the "local flavors," which, I gotta tell you, are one of my favorite parts of PA Secret Santa. I love getting, giving, and seeing others get to share their hometown specialties with others. My oldest has finally gotten to where he likes spicy food, which is good because my wife only sometimes likes spicy stuff (it makes her hiccup adorably (to me) / annoyingly (to her)). So now I've got some fantastic-smelling new hot sauce and spices to try out.

w29qcvn1zahp.jpg
    k5ak1sm59ee3.jpg

Visible in the background of those pics are the basketball USB with kickin' tunes (as the kids say*) and the doublesixes dice. Great concept on that, as the d12 is always a pleasure to roll but is so seldom used!
    m078rwp27mbp.png

So here's the whole haul from the second box (with Sagrada photobombing):

qrdtlprjeum8.jpg

@Perrsun, thank you so much for my wonderful Secret Santa gifts. I love them. I hope your Christmas was fantastic, and that 2022 is a great year for you and yours.

* They don't actually say that.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Cross posted from the other thread, for the far distant world of 2022 when the forums will once again be separated and these two threads will no longer be stickied on the same page.
    see317 wrote: »
    I have received a box.
    So...
    ovr1hlkzij2i.gif

It's late here, my pets have gone to sleep and will be unavailable for the regular pre-opening safety scans.
    Instead, we'll have to turn to the b-team of horrifying dungeon monsters to keep me safe.
    They all look strangely nervous regarding the contents of the box, but assure me that it'll be quite safe for a dungeon master.
    kl8upaackqvn.jpg

Ironreader ventures beyond the cardboard gates into the waiting dungeon.
    4w9orfac3zya.jpg

Meanwhile Qruatiennath the zombie beholder has uncovered some ancient scrolls of interest, and is looking considerably more worried as it reads the archaic text contained within.
    dmwnv2dg30yy.jpg

Graylzraid The Firestarter, takes one look at the contents and has decided there are much nicer dungeons to inhabit, with far fewer elf paladins on hand.
    i9e78yv78i2k.jpg

Thanks @Sterica
    I'm not sure if there was some weirdness on Amazons end, or if you intended to send me a half dozen elf paladins, but either way, I'm sure I'll be able to put them to use.
    The Human fighter and the dungeon and dragon figures are also going to be a lot of fun to play with.
    And, of course, dry erase markers are always needed for maps. This is a lot of good stuff in here.

• Options
    @see317 I only intended to send one Elf paladin...I am not sure what happened there. It was, you know, for those elf sword and board types even if not paladins.

Uhhhhh paint them purple and pretend they're Drow?

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Also one of your gifts got delayed and won't arrive until next week!

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Sterica wrote: »
    see317 I only intended to send one Elf paladin...I am not sure what happened there. It was, you know, for those elf sword and board types even if not paladins.

Uhhhhh paint them purple and pretend they're Drow?

paint one each a color of the rainbow and you have the power rangers of paladins

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Ha! They did that with a gift sent to me one year with A-Wings for the X-Wing Miniature game. I ended up with 6 of them instead of 1.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Ha! They did that with a gift sent to me one year with A-Wings for the X-Wing Miniature game. I ended up with 6 of them instead of 1.

which is good because those suckers are deathtraps

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    e7zl3j5utjjm.gif

So I was wondering just what was going on with my stuff- Santee, you aren't forgotten, stuff here has just gone all pear-shaped for the holiday season like it usually does, but I'm still prepping a few things here. Have faith in the power of kittehs, they'll get the stuff through!

Surprisingly, it wasn't a physical box- instead, Santa (or Satan, if you will) @shdwcaster decided they were going to do their thing on my Steam account!

thwtfhhzgvay.png

19lso0bsbo3k.png

Thank you so much for the copies of The Huntsman - Winter's Curse (with season pass) and Super Robot Wars 30 Digital Deluxe Edition- and yes, the cats are waiting with baited breath (quite literally- Poppy needs to lay off the tuna...) for whatever's coming next!

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    But wait, there's more!

Another box arrived, this time addressed to my PA soubriquet. Mochi and T led the investigation.
    kpo7sb206r4x.jpg

The girls took over once the contents were revealed. Dizzy taste tested the package, while Moira stood guard in case any spilled out.
    pa08r6ngrjz1.jpg

The cats and I thank you, @Antoshka ! Happy new year to all my friends on PA!

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Sterica wrote: »
    Also one of your gifts got delayed and won't arrive until next week!
    As foretold...
    A veritable army of the undead at my command.
    d7pdfhhojmqa.jpg

How long will they last against the paladin battalion? Not too long, I'd imagine. But at least they'll burn some spell slots before they're smote into constituent atoms.
    Thanks @Sterica