As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] United in Horror at All of This

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    I wonder if these changes will make big beast Hunter a legit deck. Too bad it costs a shitload.

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    This has been a rougher release for "this deck needs these 3-4 key cards or don't bother" where the pieces are Epics or Legends.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    Mordresh is a fucking bonkers card if there's enough support (/other decks nerfed) for hero power Mage.

• Options
    edited December 2021
    Idx86 wrote: »
    Got Vanndar. Fuck that, man. So happy I don’t pay money for this game otherwise I’d be really mad.
    PSA: It's buried at the end of the patch notes, so in case you miss it, you can now disenchant Vanndar/Drek'That for full dust.

PSA 2: Reminder for all, you can do a card search filter for "refund" in the Collection to see all cards that currently have full disenchant value.

forty on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    bswh0mttehm2.jpg

i call this one "why ysera doesn't start with armour"

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I've been poking around the new board looking for secrets. Have any been found yet?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy49xZQXgss

• Options
    RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    Irondeep Trogg just went from a card that punishes spell slinging decks after you buffed it, to a card that punishes you for playing against spell slinging decks by filling up your board with useless 1/2s.

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Opening a golden Irondeep Trogg in one of the freebie packs was pretty cool, not gonna lie. 800 dust? For me? Sure, okay.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    Irondeep Trogg just went from a card that punishes spell slinging decks after you buffed it, to a card that punishes you for playing against spell slinging decks by filling up your board with useless 1/2s.
    Can't be punished by a card I have 0 of! ;)

• Options
    I am tempted by two of the new winter hero portraits. I must stay strong!

i-CV2d9W4-L.jpg

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited December 2021
    8k dust, letting the meta cool before I craft a good deck (only decks I have crafted rn are Libram pally and pirate warrior)

e: just faced a hero power mage who generated 3 ice barriers on top of the natural 2 in their deck, cool

40 fucking extra armor was impossible to chew through, and you beat fel demon hunter by not playing any minions and just pinging them to death

Beasteh on
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    here's what happens when the mozaki greed sets in and your opponent doesn't realize that with double mozaki and phoenix active he's drawing 16 from an empty deck

Kzm44eT.png

(he still managed to do 78 damage to my face but bolner armor vendor macaw made him work for it)

Beasteh on
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Well that sucks. For the first time ever since hitting dad legend regularly, I only got a 9 star bonus in the new season instead of 10. I don't know why it dropped, I don't feel like my win rate last season was notably worse than usual. This fucking game.

forty on
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    @Smrtnik Why are there so many garbage treasures in mercenaries? Cursed Blade, Double Time, the bouncing blade thing that does like 12 damage randomly spread around, why are there all these unusable trash powers that just ruin your chances of beating any difficult run?

forty on
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    @Smrtnik Why are there so many garbage treasures in mercenaries? Cursed Blade, Double Time, the bouncing blade thing that does like 12 damage randomly spread around, why are there all these unusable trash powers that just ruin your chances of beating any difficult run?

To make you succumb to paying cash, obv. Not today, Blizzard! It's my toilet game (literally, i play it during my IBS poops) so I'm in no hurry.

I think the best random power are the ones that complement the team theme, for example
    - the one that makes Xyrelle apply her -dmg to 3 enemies so you can stack Samuru super high. Interestingly that Cursed Blade one can be really good here if the enemies are all physical damage
    - the one that gives +10/20 to ally on full ally team or likewise for the horde one
    - the ones that fire off passive whenever attacks of the agreement your whole team is using (easiest to do this with is nature, holy, and to some degree shadow). There is another one that you activate for a big burst of pulses but it's only helpful on endbosses.
    - the ones that give you a taunt minion can be really good
    - anything that makes your scaling characters scale faster (i.e every ability you use gives you +arcane on Milhouse whom you're already arcane scanning, or Eindfury on Illidan/Samuro)
    - the healh pot ability is kind of useless, as is the poison blade one too big of an opportunity cost

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Oh, I know which powers are useful. The problem is doing a run and getting offered 3 junk options on your key characters and knowing there's no way you'll beat the final boss.

Mostly I want to know who came up with Double Time and why it hasn't been ripped out of the game.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Should we start a new thread @MNC Dover ?

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I mean, I’m not making one. I got suckers into making a new one over the holidays so I could discuss Runeterra. So someone new can have at it.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I mean, I’m not making one. I got suckers into making a new one over the holidays so I could discuss Runeterra. So someone new can have at it.

@the_Innkeeper

• Options
    Whetstone Hatchet is the second Persistent Peddler of Questline Warrior.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Proof that Ben Brode leaving Hearthstone was the greatest thing that ever happened:

It's Brode showing how to tie a knot with your shoes that's stronger than a double knot without the frustration of undoing it.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    Ben Brode is one of those people who doesn't untie their shoes and just slips them on and off while tied?

What a monster

edit: that was the takeaway from the video right?

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    ... so an inverted surgeon's knot tied with loops? K.

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    I take my shoes off while tied if possible but I've never been able to put them on while tied

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    Ben Brode is one of those people who doesn't untie their shoes and just slips them on and off while tied?

What a monster

Wait you mean you don't already do that???

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    It's winter and I don't live in California. Can't take off 8 hole boots while they are tied.

• Options
    Grobian wrote: »
    It's winter and I don't live in California. Can't take off 8 hole boots while they are tied.

Those are boots, not shoes!! Entirely different!!

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »

What a monster

Well in fairness I wear sandals or flip-flops nearly 100% of the time...

Also Dibby is confirmed here as a bad person.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited January 2022

What a monster

Well in fairness I wear sandals or flip-flops nearly 100% of the time...

Also Dibby is confirmed here as a bad person.

Dude nah I'm living that COMFY LIFE

Ain't got no time to lace up lace down knawmean, just slip those fuckers on and off ezpz

also yeah okay can confirm THAT KNOT IS LEGIT like holy moly this is a game changer for the shoe meta, man

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular

Really? I always thought shoes was the umbrella term and then you have sneakers or boots or heels or ... English isn't my first language, though

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular

Really? I always thought shoes was the umbrella term and then you have sneakers or boots or heels or ... English isn't my first language, though

Footwear.

And yet, the store sign says "shoes" even though they sell everything from loafers to hiking boots.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    edited January 2022
    I’ve never seen a shoe tied like that and I don’t see how that’s my fault. So I thought that was pretty cool!

That said, my shoes don’t come untied at random.

GoodKingJayIII on
    Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Maestra conditionally unbanned in the jankiest way possible:

97k8v4fnhr981.png

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    I've started seeing OTK poison rogue play mestra and gnolls with the shroud of concealment card to get them both down turn 1

Absolutely busted, Scabbs is a bullshit hero too

Beasteh on
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    Yilias wrote: »
    Maestra conditionally unbanned in the jankiest way possible:

97k8v4fnhr981.png

Doesn't that defeat half the purpose of using Maestra (psyching your opponent into playing the early portions differently than they would against a rogue)?

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Arguably, but since you already know your opponent's deck lists the only time it's not immediately evident is if they hit another class in their lineup that is both not banned and hasn't been played yet (2 out of 9 odds in game 1).

More realistically though, the impact on mulligan and turn 1 is negligible. The most common turn 1 Thief Rogue play is trading Cutlass/Extortion anyway and you're probably going to mulligan largely the same against most things.

The goal is to make it so every set with a Thief Rogue doesn't have admin calls about the legality of the opponent's deck choice. I'm skeptical that this achieves that goal though, now people will just angle shoot about whether they're using the right cardback.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    tbh maestra mulligan manipulation is like maybe 10% of the power of the card and 90% is in all the cost reduction and shit they get from their filthy filthy tricks

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Ah. I've only just recently started paying attention to Hearthstone again for the first time since around when the Naxx stuff was added, so I was just going off a first impression from looking up what Maestra's card did.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Just let people play Maestra decks in tournaments, you fuckin' donkeys

LET PEOPLE HAVE FUN BLIZZ

(I know it's unbanned now but like come on)

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Even 10% is probably overly generous to Maestra's mulligan value, which is why she was such a junk card until Gnoll was added. In the current game, it's extremely rare that you're mulliganing for anything other than a proper curve or some crucial opening pieces, regardless of what you think your opponent might be doing. Like Quest warrior is always keeping quest, tossing weapon(s), and keeping any early curve pirates. Nothing changes whether you think your opponent is aggro or control.

And even the low number of decks that might have some context dependent mulligan decisions to make based on the opponent are only going to be offered cards in the mulligan relevant to those decisions a fraction of the time. If you always keep your 1-of Viper against Paladin, for example, well, you're still only getting the chance to make that decision (i.e., the Viper is one of your mulligan cards) in like 12% of your vs. Paladin matches.

forty on