As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[World Flipper] - CyGames does a Pinball Gacha

• ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I dropped 10k on Shiue. Didn't get her on those pulls but I got Vyron, which means I can take a pass on Rolf for now. Then I got Shiue on today's daily draw. I'm saving the rest of my pulls for Baretta.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Huh, the event weapon grants immunity to poison. That seems handy?

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Could be. Depends on what else ya got, though.

For instance, if you have Jin, his third ability grants the whole team poison immunity. So there might be overlap in what you want to do.

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    My water, fire, light, and thunder teams are all in pretty good shape. Dark is okay but not super invested in it yet.

Wind seems like a mess because I do not have Phiria and without her I seem to lack enough healing or float to make an alright team, though Celtie with owlbert and aurore for support seems to work okay. Spent 20 pulls looking for Shywe and then stopped because Rolf and Baretta are coming, and she’s not limited.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    rolfday is come

liEt3nH.png
    I did a roll, and got Illumine!

I know she's not Rolf, but she's actually pretty darn neat for a team I was already kinda interested in using (also, I have Vyron, lol).

the team as it is looks like this. It's a Light-element Fever team, focused on repeated ATK buffs and Direct Hit damage. Dia's Support Power Flip gives the team an ATK buff, which triggers Claw's ability and adds some Fever gauge every time. Razelt tanks, and Parfait's skill heals him when it lands its last hit. She also buffs the party's direct hit damage when their HP is above 80%. Finally, Kharo does decent damage, and fills the Fever gauge, and Selene adds more Direct Hit damage buffs when the party has an ATK buff. Which Dia is constantly providing with power flips.

It's honestly a team that's been performing better than I expected, for a side option that I use when I'm bored of using Ellya Skill Damage all the time.

So it's honestly neat to see Illumine's kit. Her Skill summons 2 Multibombs that inflict Light resist down, restore HP, and fill the Fever gauge. Her Abilities fill fever gauge whenever Multiballs appear, or a Light unit restores HP. The thing that I find particularly fun is her Main skill. At full power, it doubles the direct hit damage of Light units when in Fever mode. Which is exactly what I want to do with this weird Dia team. So now I'm looking at this as an option, replacing Kharo with Illumine and leaning heavily into direct hits. I know it's not going to be an optimal team, but dang it, it's a fun one.

there's also this as an option, leaning more into healing-for-fever. Something to consider.

merry rolfmas, one and all.

gacha is suffering but i got rolf in 5 ten-pulls, now to figure out how to use him.
    pray for me, that i will have sufficient beads for baretta. sitting at... like... 60 pulls.
    60% of the time, works every time.

Woo, got super lucky. First pull on the Baretta banner gave me Rolf, and the third gave me Baretta and the other banner 5-star.

edited December 2021
    Not-obvious thing to note: You get rewards for event-specific multiplayer fights done throughout the current event (not daily, but cumulative throughout the event). At certain thresholds, you get tickets for free single-unit draws from the portal. 100 clears gets you a ticket for a free 10-unit draw. And 150 gets 5 tickets for the Armament portal (that one that people tell you to never spend beads on, but has some good stuff in it).

So, I'm gonna put together a team that can auto-battle the multiplayer fight, and try to do that to get the tickets.

If you want that stuff, probably start early; grinding 150 battles in one day sounds hellish.

Enlong on
    The event lasts for 22 days, so 7 per day will take care of it.

I got Bulleta, and it only cost me my entire bead stash! What a deal.

Artereis wrote: »
    The event lasts for 22 days, so 7 per day will take care of it.

Sounds about right. The thing with something like this is to just start early and do it steadily.

It helps that I have a Light team I really enjoy fielding.

My fire team is bananas right now.

Hanabi/Rolf Marina/Bianca Nozomi/Bulleta

The power flips hit for one million damage and they trigger constantly. I hit Regi for 5m in multiplayer.

2 10-pull tickets have been dropped today, for the 100 day milestone.

I got Teurgis and Hopper off of one of them.

Teurgis is super fun. He's making my favored Light Fever Direct Hit team even better. Hopper's all Power Flip focused. I imagine he'd be great if I get Bulleta at some point.

having a surprisingly hard time putting together a light team, i feel like i'm halfway between a power flip and a skill damage team

https://veliya-bot.herokuapp.com/40946

how's everyone else's collection looking

liEt3nH.png
    My auto team for this event is Teurgis/Rolf, the knight guy and the 3* healer, and then Baretta/Hopper. I'm putting out 50-80M damage before the fight's over. It's hilarious.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    having a surprisingly hard time putting together a light team, i feel like i'm halfway between a power flip and a skill damage team

While I have Baretta, I feel like for now the old standby Eliya/Ranzal/Sha Suzu has been more consistent for me than trying to switch over to the power flip setup I've mostly seen floating around (Eclair/Ranzal/Baretta)

Ahaha! Finally!

It took me 103 battles, but I finally got my last PHL Saber drop from the Conductor fight. That’s 150% to direct-hit damage for Loght characters in Fever mode. Now I can finally move on the second half of the event story, and its new boss.

edited December 2021

Here’s a Skill team; it’s a fairly standard skeleton for one.

Ellya does big damage, Keira helps her aim and has similar multipliers on her skill. Sha Suzu entrusts meter, Owlbert gives Ellya a further skill damage boost. Razelt tanks, and Corrina heals him. Also, Razelt drops a bunch of individual buffs, which multiplies Ellya’s damage.

There are variants on this. For example, you could replace Corrina with Shirano, if you’re into the idea of using Ellya’s skill almost immediately at the start of battle. You could also replace Keira with Rams or Murakumo, if you’re confident in aiming Ellya’s skill manually.

Ellya is one of those early-game units who is nonetheless extremely useful.

Enlong on
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I still can't get the dang ten pull ticket to drop out of this bucket. There's only like three days left in this event! Gotta just keep grinding the hell out of it.

i've given up on getting the ten-pull ticket out of the bucket

i have enough rifles and 24/7s and lightsabers, i'm only halfway through and so tired of those stages

edited January 2022
    Lucedes wrote: »
    i've given up on getting the ten-pull ticket out of the bucket

i have enough rifles and 24/7s and lightsabers, i'm only halfway through and so tired of those stages

If you have a strong enough Light team, you can run the Conductor boss fight solo at double-speed auto for extra tokens. But I totally get if you just wanna leave it behind.

So, I mentioned this in the holiday forum, but I got Barrek (Lightning unit focused on Power Flip and combos). And he's been a lot of fun, even if it was almost impossible for me to actually reach a 100-hit combo to trigger his last ability fully.

Well, I got Rudy off of the recent banner. And while her kit is mostly focused on Fever, her Ability is strangely great for Barrek. She gives herself an aoe attack aura for a while, and gives the party Levitate. Meaning more combo. So I put together this team. Barrek and Bonnie are apparently a great combo, and I can see why; he holds the team in place while her bee projectiles debuff the enemy and hit multiple times. Hopper is out of his element, but he and the Positron Shooter apply hilarious amounts of Power Flip buffs, and love high combos. Rudy does the aforementioned levitate. And Sha Suzu is here too. Shroombo does almost no damage, but his Skill hits many times, and he buffs Power Flip at high combos.

Still haven't managed a 100 combo yet, but I know I can with the right timing of things. And Barrek's damage is just hilarious. Like, murdering the last fight of the level 70 Thunder-weak necropolis zone in 2 flips. I can't wait for a high-level Water boss to drop, lol.

edit: ignore the shield on Barek. Forgot that's not a legal equip. I gave him the Thor Hammer instead.

Enlong on
    Sera comes out in a month or two, and you'll definitely want her with Barrek.

Looking at her abilities, she does look quite good. I gotta say that the one that adds numbers to the combo counter for dashing (not hitting things, just dashing) is very funny to me.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Sera/Regis can basically automatically make you hit 100+ combo immediately when the battle starts fwiw

Regis a fuckin nerd tho

liEt3nH.png
    Regis a fuckin nerd tho

I know, isn’t it great?

Regis a fuckin nerd tho

It's just Sera stealing his laser, it's cool

So, for some reason, I misread "Regis" as "Teurgis". I must've been tired. Regis is definitely more of a nerd than Teurgis. But Teurgis is still a goof.

Got Kohane on the recent banner. Scuttlebutt on the Reddit suggests to me that she's kind of the prize pick for this one. And she does seem quite nice for a skill-focused team in Wind. Need to figure out who in the standard Soushiro team she can replace, though. Maybe Owlbert.

edited January 2022
    Got Kohane in one pull, so I'm done with this banner

She is one of the most important Wind characters period

EDIT: For SD you probably just run Soushiro/(Murakumo or Rams or etc etc, Kohane/Phiria, Sha Suzu/Owlbert (or Owlbert/Sha Suzu)

Maddoc on
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Got Kohane in one pull, so I'm done with this banner

She is one of the most important Wind characters period

EDIT: For SD you probably just run Soushiro/(Murakumo or Rams or etc etc, Kohane/Phiria, Sha Suzu/Owlbert (or Owlbert/Sha Suzu)

And I assume replace Owlbert with Jester if a fight calls for debuffs or buff-stripping. His wind-resist-down effect is similarly a force multiplier, though probably not quite as great as Owlbert's.

I had been considering putting her with Sha Suzu and making Sha Suzu the sub character, but losing the Whitetail Axe effect is a hard sell for a skill damage team.

I used 10 single tickets and 2 10-pull tickets, but I got Kohane, so my Celty team is complete. Waiting on Sera now because thunder and dark are my weakest teams at this point. I don't even count water right now.

After striking out on Rakisha's banner, I snagged Sera in 2 pulls. Anyone else still playing this?

Ye.

Godly fights are pretty wild.

Really annoyed when someone shows up with a "meta" team that's the wrong element, and dies in like 2 minutes.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    Started this up. Taking a different tack than I usually do with gacha games and rerolling until I get any 5* then just doing whatever. No guides, no tier lists, no research. I won't roll on a banner unless I personally like a character and I'll pick characters based on who I like more rather than who's meta. If I need assistance with a specific event I'll do that but otherwise it's flying by the seat of my pants.

Edit: Alright, rolled Sera as my 5* so looks like I'm starting with a Thunder team with Eleanor and Mino as the other two since they're the only other Thunder units I have. Just gonna progress story and unlock features for now while holding on to whatever currency I acquire until I see someone I like show up on a banner.

Madican on
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I got kohane so my wind team is my strongest right now

My thunder team kinda sucks though, really hoping I can snag sera but I got overzealous with my beads at the beginning so I'm scrambling to get enough for more ten pulls.

Do you all wait to do ten pulls only or try single pulls too?

edited February 2022
    Ironically, if you're aiming for a 5-star unit, there's no real reason to do only 10-characcter pulls.

A 10-pull only guarantees that at least one of the characters will be a 4-start in the initial drop. 5-stars are exactly as likely on an 1-pull as on any drop of a 10-pull. Since the upgrade pachinko is the only way to get a 5-star, and the pachinko can make a 5-star out of a 3 or a 4.

If you wanna guarantee at least 1 4-star (like if you're gunning for some of the 4-stars on that particular banner) that's when a 10-pull is better.

Speaking of that upgrade pachinko, I hate that that animation can trigger, and then do nothing to the orb. Like, don't even play it if it's not gonna factor into anything.

I still like doing 10-pulls. But if I'm gonna try gunning for Sera, I'll probably throw in some 1-pulls, since I already got a few 4-stars from this banner.

Enlong on
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Does the upgrade animation actually do anything or is it just got flavor and the result is already set? Since otherwise that'd make the skip button an act of malice

No, the skip button does not cut you out of the pachinko upgrade. The character you get is set in stone when you spend the beads, and everything else is just window dressing.

So, I'm a bit diasppointed by the subreddit for this game. From some others I've seen, I was expecting some lively discussion, or at least memeing. But the reddit seems to largely just be team-building question posts, which tend to get maybe one post of attention, or are given a link to a google doc or discord channel, and then left alone. It's pretty dry, as far as game communities go.